• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

bionic77

In 2 years, one will be back, but not the other. They're both at similiar places, except that you don't have to pay Joe Flacco 200 billion dollars for the next 5 years. Odds are, only one team makes the right decisions and pulls out, and right now, I'm not feeling hopeful. Having said that, I think we're both picking top 10, and the right picks could change everything.
Steelers are long overdue for a good defensive pick . Hope this year is that year.

Ain't our fault your franchise can't put together a decent team. Don't hold your failures against us.

True that, Sadly, I'll always hate the Ravens due to the way Art stole the team from us, even if it wasn't your fault. It's a shame too, as I love the city of Baltimore, been there at least a dozen times, and I love that shade of purple.

Maybe they'll move you out of our division some decade, and I'd hate yas less. *shrugs*

MechDX

This is a long con on his part to get the Dolphins into the AFC South so the Texans only have to worry about 14 games a year.

We already have the Jags smartass. Geographically it needs to be corrected.

Colts to the North, Ravens to the East and Dolphins to the South.

Swap Dallas and Carolina and all will be right with the world.

MechDX

V8ZQ6HD.png

Road to 10-6 starts tomorrow! Save us Case!

squicken

And it went nowhere. I was so confused.

I'm still confused.

Did you tell them about getting mauled by the dog? I mean I guess that wouldn't work with the deaf girl ... or the lesbian. idk Dutch why you hitting on deaf girls and lesbians? That's how you end up with Nintendo consoles and anime avatars

e: Homefront? Jason Statham?! James Franco?! YES!!

MechDX

I have the Browns beating the Bengals next week, losing to the Jets, but beating the Bears. So not too far off.

The funny part is only the Texans and Jags have to win/lose every game. Watch the Texans choke on TNF against the Jags.....only loss they will have the rest of the way

Would be typical

V8ZQ6HD.png

Road to 10-6 starts tomorrow! Save us Case!

Wait, so the Steelers only win will be against the Packers....in the second to last week when Rodgers will be back, in Green Bay? Ha ha ha ha, no chance. Their best chances for wins will be the Bills this week, one of the Brownie games and possibly the dysfunctional Phins when they come north to the Burgh.

True that, Sadly, I'll always hate the Ravens due to the way Art stole the team from us, even if it wasn't your fault. It's a shame too, as I love the city of Baltimore, been there at least a dozen times, and I love that shade of purple.

It's ok to hate Art. I hate the Irsay's for stealing the Colts. But you got a team like 3 years later, and were told almost immediately after the move that you would be given the next expansion team. You also kept all your history....basically, you had a three year hiatus from football. We had to wait 15 years. Shit, we couldn't even name the CFL team we had The Colts (Baltimore Stallions, 1995 Grey Cup Champions). Also, you know, our team was stolen in the middle of the night (if you've never read the story, it's crazy. If it happened today, ESPN would explode) Check it out if you are bored:

The Colts Move to Indianapolis was fuuuuuuuucked up

So what I'm trying to say is.....get over it. The only reason Browns fans still hate Baltimore is that we have been way more successful than you.

The funny part is only the Texans and Jags have to win/lose every game. Watch the Texans choke on TNF against the Jags.....only loss they will have the rest of the way

Would be typical

Keep the Bags on the Baguars.

It's ok to hate Art. I hate the Irsay's for stealing the Colts. But you got a team like 3 years later, and were told almost immediately after the move that you would be given the next expansion team. You also kept all your history....basically, you had a three year hiatus from football. We had to wait 15 years. Shit, we couldn't even name the CFL team we had The Colts (Baltimore Stallions, 1995 Grey Cup Champions). Also, you know, our team was stolen in the middle of the night (if you've never read the story, it's crazy. If it happened today, ESPN would explode) Check it out if you are bored:

The Colts Move to Indianapolis was fuuuuuuuucked up

Would have gladly waited longer than 3 years to start back out a better way :( and yep, watched that Baltimore Colts special. Was pretty fucked up, but losing your team under any circumstance is fucked up as we well know. =/

Would have gladly waited longer than 3 years to start back out a better way :( and yep, watched that Baltimore Colts special. Was pretty fucked up, but losing your team under any circumstance is fucked up as we well know. =/

Technically, you never lost your team, and the Ravens are an expansion team. Per Wikipedia, source of all things facts:

"On February 9, 1996, the NFL announced that the Browns would be 'deactivated' for three years, and that a new stadium would be built for a new Browns team, as either an expansion team or a team moved from another city, that would begin play in 1999. Modell would in turn then be granted a new franchise (the 31st NFL franchise), for Baltimore, retaining the current contracts of players and personnel. There would be a reactivated team for Cleveland, where the Browns' name, colors, history, records, awards and archives would remain in Cleveland"

Technically, you never lost your team, and the Ravens are an expansion team. Per Wikipedia, source of all things facts:

"On February 9, 1996, the NFL announced that the Browns would be 'deactivated' for three years, and that a new stadium would be built for a new Browns team, as either an expansion team or a team moved from another city, that would begin play in 1999. Modell would in turn then be granted a new franchise (the 31st NFL franchise), for Baltimore, retaining the current contracts of players and personnel. There would be a reactivated team for Cleveland, where the Browns' name, colors, history, records, awards and archives would remain in Cleveland"

We never lost the name, colors, or history, no. What we did lose, was the excellent team Bellicheck left behind. Ozzie, all those guys in the front office. While the name was an expansion addition, the players were not. While you still played those 3 years we were gone, and needed an extra to win the 2000 super bowl, it was still with the foundation laid by the Cleveland Browns.

Worse part is your 96 draft, Cleveland's picks are what drafted you Ray Lewis and Jonathon Ogden. Kinda crap, but whatever. haha.

Worse part is your 96 draft, Cleveland's picks are what drafted you Ray Lewis and Jonathon Ogden. Kinda crap, but whatever. haha.

God, we killed those next few drafts.

1996- Ogden, Lewis, Jermaine Lewis
1997- Peter Boulware, Jamie Sharper, Priest Holmes
1998- Duane Starks (of note, we also had and cut Jeff Saturday from this draft)
1999- Chris McAlister, Brandon Stokely, Edwin Mulitalo
2000- Jamal Lewis, Adalius Thomas

Thanks for Matt Stover and everything, but this here is the reason we won the Superbowl a few years later.

God, we killed those next few drafts.

1996- Ogden, Lewis, Jermaine Lewis
1997- Peter Boulware, Jamie Sharper, Priest Holmes
1998- Duane Starks (of note, we also had and cut Jeff Saturday from this draft)
1999- Chris McAlister, Brandon Stokely, Edwin Mulitalo
2000- Jamal Lewis, Adalius Thomas

Thanks for Matt Stover and everything, but this here is the reason we won the Superbowl a few years later.

Yep, that's exactly my point. If the team never moved, I'm positive the Browns would have won a superbowl around when you did.

Also, never forget.

EOnwy3v.jpg

God, I forget how bad our old font used to be.

Also, you all wouldn't have won shit with those guys because you're Cleveland. You just don't win stuff.

We would have had Belichick and he wouldn't have gone anywhere. With the same braintrust in tow, I believe we would have won quicker than 2000.

That's then and this is now. So I hope it's a nice long rebuilding for you guys!
Fuck, it probably only will be like 2 years =/

Oh, and yes, those jerseys were super awful.

I got to go to the XB1 tour today in Vegas. My god what an amazing experience it was. The controller felt great and the games were amazing. Next gen is going to be awesome.

squicken

I got to go to the XB1 tour today in Vegas. My god what an amazing experience it was. The controller felt great and the games were amazing. Next gen is going to be awesome.

hmm that's another positive report on the controller. Someone I talked to who had used both, and was a 360 controller fan, said the PS4 controller was the better device. I prefer offset sticks so we'll see

Thanks for the report, YH. But how could you even look at those 720p ugly games and not vomit? ;)

What games did you play? Also have you used a DS4 yet?

I bought a DS4 and it is a great controller. So much better then the terrible DS3. The weight is great the triggers are amazing and the weight is perfect. The DS4 is a controller for men that play games, Sony really did a great job with it. I will always favor asymmetrical sticks. I bought a 3rd party PS3 controller just because I hated the sticks so much. For me the XB1 has the better controller. The took the fantastic 360 controller and improved the feel my getting rid of the battery pack, they made the Dpad much better, and they improved the sticks. I have a gaming PC and once the PC drivers for the XB1 controller come out it will be my PC controller for sure.

Squicken Forza is one of the many 1080p XB1 games, and it looked incredible in person. KI is 720p but is 60fps, the graphics were so good and the action was so fast and so fluid. The games Sony are demoing are not even close to what MS had to show. I do think Sony will have the more graphically impressive games this gen, but I have gotten to try out both systems and the XB1 demo games were very far ahead.

I bought a DS4 and it is a great controller. So much better then the terrible DS3. The weight is great the triggers are amazing and the weight is perfect. The DS4 is a controller for men that play games, Sony really did a great job with it. I will always favor asymmetrical sticks. I bought a 3rd party PS3 controller just because I hated the sticks so much. For me the XB1 has the better controller. The took the fantastic 360 controller and improved the feel my getting rid of the battery pack, they made the Dpad much better, and they improved the sticks. I have a gaming PC and once the PC drivers for the XB1 controller come out it will be my PC controller for sure.

Squicken Forza is one of the many 1080p XB1 games, and it looked incredible in person. KI is 720p but is 60fps, the graphics were so good and the action was so fast and so fluid. The games Sony are demoing are not even close to what MS had to show. I do think Sony will have the more graphically impressive games this gen, but I have gotten to try out both systems and the XB1 demo games were very far ahead.

You better stay out of gaming side.

You better stay out of gaming side.

Why if you go into the PS4 demo thread tons of people are disappointed that they are showing Knack, Contrast, and Fifa. I have no doubt at all that every review site on earth will give Forva and KI higher score for graphics then those tree games. That isn't an opinion, that is a fact. Killzone looks better then those XB1 games but Sony chose not to demo it.

Top Bottom