• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

Narag

Ian rappaport on twitter:

#
#Steelers sources expect Big Ben to ask them to explore trade options after 2013. They fielded offers for him last offseason. Could again

Big Ben will be throwing to fitz in 2014!!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
He had a mini stroke. Before that would he get fired? My opinion but if we finished 6-10 or worse? Yes I believe he would have. Now? No way, not after last Sunday.

Gary in all honesty is a great offensive mind and a great QB's coach. Steve Young still loves him and says nothing but great things about him. Elway openly admitted he would have hired him in Denver if he had been fired after that 2010 debacle. I just question his unwavering loyalty to certain coaches and players. Our special teams have been putrid for the past few years yet Marciano is STILL there.

How much evidence did he need of Matts problems? Most coaches would have made the change immediately after the 1st quarter pick six vs the Niners.

heres a question. Kubes has done more than enough to get fired. I think we all agree with that.

However, i think most would agree that Kubiak is likely to get the best out of Keenum than anyone else, given that almost every quarterback he's ever coached has had their best years under him. Secondly, what future head coach worth their salt is going to keep keenum? Most will say they want to draft their guy. So do you keep kubiak for another year? or do you fire him?

squicken

Wow, NFLN saying Big Ben is pissed at the coaches, not just Haley, and will ask for a trade in the offseason

e: Beaten. But wow. See I knew there was drama. Steelers fans try to flip it like it's trolling, but you don't just ban ping pong and not have that blow back on you

Big Ben is a nut. Teams get old and have to rebuild some times. It is a part of football, I cant believe he is going to force a trade because the team isn't good enough for him. I hope they trade him to the Jags.

Godslay

Banned
He had a mini stroke. Before that would he get fired? My opinion but if we finished 6-10 or worse? Yes I believe he would have. Now? No way, not after last Sunday.

Gary in all honesty is a great offensive mind and a great QB's coach. Steve Young still loves him and says nothing but great things about him. Elway openly admitted he would have hired him in Denver if he had been fired after that 2010 debacle. I just question his unwavering loyalty to certain coaches and players. Our special teams have been putrid for the past few years yet Marciano is STILL there.

How much evidence did he need of Matts problems? Most coaches would have made the change immediately after the 1st quarter pick six vs the Niners.

I agree with you on Kubiak being a great offensive guy. Ideally Shanahan should have been replaced by Kubes, but the timing of everything was wrong. Now if he would have been available in 2010 I think he gets the job over Fox 100% of the time.

I like what Fox has done, and I am grateful for that, but it would have been interesting to see what Kubiak could have done with this personnel. I think he would have been less conservative. I also think we are seeing that a bit with Keenum. Under Keenum the offense feels like it did when the Texans played Denver last year. Feels more dynamic and free flowing.

Hopefully he keeps it up, because that first half of Texans play (against the Colts) was very good, felt like the team of last year.

squicken

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 15m
I said on #NFLGameDay: Ben Roethlisberger isn’t happy with the current #Steelers situation. And it’s not just Todd Haley among the coaches.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
#Steelers sources expect Big Ben to ask them to explore trade options after 2013. They fielded offers for him last offseason. Could again

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 14m
Could the #Steelers actually trade Big Ben? I was told no… unless they could replace him with a franchise QB. In this draft, they could.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 13m
Where could Roethlisberger land? All eyes point to #Cardinals, as @MikeSilver said. Bruce Arians and Big Ben, together? Could happen.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 11m
Another issue for Big Ben: Looming contract situation. 2 years left, small salary, big cap number. Some doubts he can get paid in Pittsburgh

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m
More on #Steelers: I’m told to expect wholesale offensive changes. Coach with the best chance of surviving is TE coach James Daniels

Wonder if these "sources" are from Ben or the team

squicken

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m
I'm told adamantly that the Steelers never "fielded offers" or ever entertained trading Big Ben this offseason. Never even close ...

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m
Only time it came up was with Ben dealing with off field issues and they explored trading up to 1st overall to get Sam Bradford. that's it

Wow. So close to being a Steelers fan and them being winning another Super Bowl

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Wow that shits crazy, he's gonna play them out of a top draft pick and leave em. New bottom feeders, jak is never coming back.
Time for the Believeland Dynasty

Eeeeeee

Also fuck you TSN (Canadian ESPN). They aren't showing NFL Countdown this morning because instead they are showing soccer and fucking curling!

Hunter S.

Wow, NFLN saying Big Ben is pissed at the coaches, not just Haley, and will ask for a trade in the offseason

e: Beaten. But wow. See I knew there was drama. Steelers fans try to flip it like it's trolling, but you don't just ban ping pong and not have that blow back on you

He should be Peyton's backup in a nice city!

MechDX

This could be awesome!

Steelers trade Ben to the Cardinals for a good pick
Draft a young QB to coach up
They feel they need a vet back up "just in case"..

DUN DUN DUN.....

ENTER THE SCHAUB!

matt-schaub-struggle.gif

NFL Age collectively chuckles....

Godslay

Banned
We have morals! GROSS!

Morals? There's no morals in football!

Seriously though, instant boost to the position. Puts Browns on top of the AFC North for a bit imo, allows them to utilize the young guys they have right now, as well as draft and develop QBs under Ben. Ride him out for 4 years, then put in the guy you developed.

I know you are in draft mode for a QB, and this is an unlikely scenario, but I think it would be a good landing spot for him, assuming they don't ship a load of talent/picks away (likely won't have to if the environment is toxic in Pitt).

It's a good scenario where you get a franchise QB to build around in the short term, who utilizes your talent now, meanwhile developing the team for the long term. Or you might luck into a franchise guy, who knows?

This could be awesome!

Steelers trade Ben to the Cardinals for a good pick
Draft a young QB to coach up
They feel they need a vet back up "just in case"..

DUN DUN DUN.....

ENTER THE SCHAUB!

matt-schaub-struggle.gif

NFL Age collectively chuckles....

You have some really sick fantasies.

Top Bottom