• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

Why if you go into the PS4 demo thread tons of people are disappointed that they are showing Knack, Contrast, and Fifa. I have no doubt at all that every review site on earth will give Forva and KI higher score for graphics then those tree games. That isn't an opinion, that is a fact. Killzone looks better then those XB1 games but Sony chose not to demo it.

Sony is demoing Killzone: Shadowfall at a lot of places, it's just they're limiting the spots so kids can't play it. Basically the same reason why Ryse isn't being demo'd everywhere.

Sony is demoing Killzone: Shadowfall at a lot of places, it's just they're limiting the spots so kids can't play it. Basically the same reason why Ryse isn't being demo'd everywhere.

Damn I wish the Sony store I went to had KZ:SF. That game looks fucking amazing. KZ2 was one of the best games this gen and KZ:SF looks like it will be a much better game. Sucks they cant demo that every where.

Saw a Xbone demo area in my local mall Friday night with a few people huddled around the flatscreens. Forza looked fricking awesome as usual, but I wasn't too keen on KI.

at the same time?

No first the Lesbian girl, then the deaf girl.

They were pretty good looking?

Yes!

Did you tell them about getting mauled by the dog? I mean I guess that wouldn't work with the deaf girl ... or the lesbian. idk Dutch why you hitting on deaf girls and lesbians? That's how you end up with Nintendo consoles and anime avatars

e: Homefront? Jason Statham?! James Franco?! YES!!

I didn't know! I was just having a good time and all and the Lesbian girl caught my eye, so I went for it, to find out she was there with her girlfriend. I then carried on and saw the deaf girl, to then find out she was deaf.

Did you know they were lesbian/deaf? Those are pretty long odds on their own.

No, just got lucky.

If only she were a lesbian and blind.

Then I would have to so it all on personality. That would never work.

RBH

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89243314&postcount=85

DMczaf?

emot-smug.gif

Lunchbox

Banned
No first the Lesbian girl, then the deaf girl.

Yes!

I didn't know! I was just having a good time and all and the Lesbian girl caught my eye, so I went for it, to find out she was there with her girlfriend. I then carried on and saw the deaf girl, to then find out she was deaf.

No, just got lucky.

Then I would have to so it all on personality. That would never work.
bro you're such a rookie at this game

someone needs to Richie incognito your ass back to the right path

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm up early and fully expecting a Lions letdown today!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Not that the Texans were winning shit, but Foster out for the rest of the season needing back surgery. What a cluster fuck of a season this has been. So many fucked up things this year.

Only bright spot and reason to watch is Case.

Hope they cut Schoob in June and of course they pay Foster a lot as well and who now knows what he will be like after back surgery ugh

Not that the Texans were winning shit, but Foster out for the rest of the season needing back surgery. What a cluster fuck of a season this has been. So many fucked up things this year.

Only bright spot and reason to watch is Case.

Hope they cut Schoob in June and of course they pay Foster a lot as well and who now knows what he will be like after back surgery ugh

If Tate does well in Foster's absence do the Texans keep Foster?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
If Tate does well in Foster's absence do the Texans keep Foster?

I'm really not sure at this point. He's injury prone too and he wants to be a starter. Texans payed Foster a shit ton of money and Tate wants to get payed.

This is just another mess for the Texans.

I'm really not sure at this point. He's injury prone too and he wants to be a starter. Texans payed Foster a shit ton of money and Tate wants to get payed.

Tate is FA seeking a big deal though, and has missed more games in his career than Foster. Foster at least has a history and a correctable injury. Paying Tate would be a huge gamble on potential. Probably best to just let the Browns overpay.

I hope Keenum works out for you guys though. Otherwise, I guess Manziel future?

KaYotiX

Banned
Well, no Rodgers today :(

Hopefully Seneca looks decent, we can still win if he can just not fuck up. Hope this week of practice did him good.

I'm not expecting much.......

To the other Broncos here: are you more afraid of the Chargers than the Chiefs?

I personally am. I've seen Rivers carve us up too many times over the years. Hopefully our D plays like it did during the Washington game and not how it did during other games this season.

KC just doesn't scare me at all. I could see both games being blowouts, as there's no way Alex Smith will be able to score enough points to keep up with us.

RBH

What kind of goofy-ass leagues are you guys playing in where Tate is still available?

Edit: Beaten by Malleymal lol

How much playing time will Dennis Johnson get today, realistically?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
What leagues are u playing in that you can still pick up Tate???? Shit I have had Andre brown of the giants on my bench since draft night.

I picked up Dennis Johnson this week after listening to fantasy focus and cuffed him just in case Tate gets banged up.

Matrix

Tate is FA seeking a big deal though, and has missed more games in his career than Foster. Foster at least has a history and a correctable injury. Paying Tate would be a huge gamble on potential. Probably best to just let the Browns overpay.

I hope Keenum works out for you guys though. Otherwise, I guess Manziel future?

Back surgery is never good though. I'm not sure what to think. I'm sure the Texans will draft another HB and let Tate go.

Case will work out.... I believe! I just want Schoob gone.

Matrix

Not really sure since Tate is still playing with 4 cracked ribs. Most likely 8-10 carries if Tate is okay.

lol I keep saying "not sure" a lot today. This is not what I expected at all this season :(

MechDX

What kind of goofy-ass leagues are you guys playing in where Tate is still available?

Edit: Beaten by Malleymal lol

Hard to tell with Kubiak not calling plays. OC Dennison will probably okay more conservative and run but I could be completely wrong.

Matrix

Hard to tell with Kubiak not calling plays. OC Dennison will probably okay more conservative and run but I could be completely wrong.

Why though? whats the point? Team aint winning shit this year and now no Foster. Plus a starting HB that's most likely playing his last games for your team. Air that shit out and let Case make Schoob look even worse.

Sling and slang all day if you can protect him.

I'm sure you're right though. Texans are the most conservative team in the world.

Dammit, I'm bored. Post more, folks.

Today, my daugher was playing soccer. During the game, she and another girl on the other team were stopped on the field because they were shoving going for the ball. They don't call any penalties on kids at Under-7, but they were so handsy they had to. The ref stopped them and told them to stop pushing and said to shake hands. The other girl stuck her hand out, but my daughter slapped her hand away. I had to come on the field, because she was pissed as shit. She said she she didn't do anything, but I explained "everyone gets penalized sometimes. Even Ray Lewis."

It fixed everything. Thank you Ray.

I know it's not a great thing, but I was kinda proud she's so aggresive.
Not sure Ray Lewis is the stand-up guy you want to use as a role model for your kids. You're basically saying "not everyone can get away with murder, but Ray Lewis did." Surprised she didn't jump the girl in the parking lot after the game.

Godslay

Banned
To the other Broncos here: are you more afraid of the Chargers than the Chiefs?

I personally am. I've seen Rivers carve us up too many times over the years. Hopefully our D plays like it did during the Washington game and not how it did during other games this season.

KC just doesn't scare me at all. I could see both games being blowouts, as there's no way Alex Smith will be able to score enough points to keep up with us.

Divisional games, so I tend to not underestimate either one. Really in my mind it depends on which Bronco team shows up. If its the sloppy turnover team, with the burn your dick off defense then both the Chiefs and Chargers can beat us. If its the team that showed up in the 2nd half against Washington, I think we beat both teams by 2 TDs.

I think Chargers have a better capability of recovering if down, or pulling ahead than the Chiefs do. Especially with Rivers playing well. With the Chiefs, they are going to have to force us to play a low scoring game, and force turnovers to pull it out. Last years game in KC is what they should aim for if they want to win. Otherwise I agree that Alex shouldn't (assuming the defense plays well) be able to keep up with Peyton.

Guess we will see in the next 3 weeks!

MechDX

Too many Keenum avatars.

Get him Kave!

Does Kubiak survive
the season
?

Yeah. Kind of telling honestly how Case has played. The question when Schaub was playing is why was Gary so conservative? Now you wonder, was he so conservative because he KNEW Matts limitations? You put a mobile QB back there who can throw it and you see what happens.

I know the feeling. :(

matt-schaub.jpg

Always will be tied together. The curse runs deep

Not really sure since Tate is still playing with 4 cracked ribs. Most likely 8-10 carries if Tate is okay.

lol I keep saying "not sure" a lot today. This is not what I expected at all this season :(
Trust me, expecting your team to suck and then seeing them suck, it doesn't change the sadness. I can sit here and say "see, I told you the Steelers would suck this year" because I did. But at the end of the day, the Steelers suck. :-(

I guess it is worse if you had expectations that go the other way. You expected your team to be great and they blow donkey schlong.

Ultimately you need to take a Larry/Flacco attitude and assume the worst. When things work out then you get a happy rainbow
and a shitty, lucky assed scrub of a QB for the next umpteen years sucking up your salary cap and making the next decade look like utter shit.

Yeah. Kind of telling honestly how Case has played. The question when Schaub was playing is why was Gary so conservative? Now you wonder, was he so conservative because he KNEW Matts limitations? You put a mobile QB back there who can throw it and you see what happens.
Yeah but did he have a stroke or a mini-stroke or whatever? Does ownership actually can him after this fuck up of a season and all this mess with Schoob? This was a team that many had predicted would compete for the Super Bowl this season. Is Kubes done in Houston or does his stroke/mini-stroke/whatever save his job? Or was it the final nail in the coffin for him (i.e., "this job is too stressful for Gary, so we're moving on")?

MechDX

Yeah but did he have a stroke or a mini-stroke or whatever? Does ownership actually can him after this fuck up of a season and all this mess with Schoob? This was a team that many had predicted would compete for the Super Bowl this season. Is Kubes done in Houston or does his stroke/mini-stroke/whatever save his job? Or was it the final nail in the coffin for him (i.e., "this job is too stressful for Gary, so we're moving on")?

He had a mini stroke. Before that would he get fired? My opinion but if we finished 6-10 or worse? Yes I believe he would have. Now? No way, not after last Sunday.

Gary in all honesty is a great offensive mind and a great QB's coach. Steve Young still loves him and says nothing but great things about him. Elway openly admitted he would have hired him in Denver if he had been fired after that 2010 debacle. I just question his unwavering loyalty to certain coaches and players. Our special teams have been putrid for the past few years yet Marciano is STILL there.

How much evidence did he need of Matts problems? Most coaches would have made the change immediately after the 1st quarter pick six vs the Niners.

Thanks for the maps. I'm going to be driving my kids one way and another to theater and hockey practice this afternoon, so I'll pretty much miss the entire first set of games. Given that it's Cin/Balt where I live that's no big loss. If a meteor ploughs into the stadium I'll want to see the replay, otherwise somehow hoping that both QBs throw 14 interceptions apiece and the game ends in a 0-0 tie with each kicker hitting the goal post in OT.

The late games for me are Den/SD and Car/SF.

I suspect the Den/SD game to go something like this. Rivers is pumped and throws 3 first half TDs to get his team into a 21-3 halftime lead. They come out of the locker room flat with nothing but 3-and-outs in the second half while Manning methodically carves them up. By the six minute mark of the 4th quarter the stadium will be empty and the Broncos will have a 38-21 lead. I realize this is a sequel that looks a lot like stories you've already seen in this series, but really this time it will be worth watching! I feel like Rivers is Charlie and Peyton is Lucy and she's really gonna let him kick the football this time. Just watch!

I suspect Scam will wear the shame towel often today, and perhaps be forced to wear it on the looooooooong plane ride home. SF 41-6.

squicken

ESPN's Stat department is trying its hand at quantifying pass protection and pass rush. Methodology here

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9946600/how-value-measure-pass-protection-pass-rush-nfl

Insider article with current info

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/stor...t-shows-o-line-carrying-nick-foles-geno-smith

New York Jets rookie quarterback Geno Smith has his team thinking playoffs.

Philadelphia Eagles backup quarterback Nick Foles threw for a record seven touchdown passes against Oakland last weekend.

Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson has his team heading into Week 10 as the favorite to win the NFC, despite spending most of the season on the run from an opposing pass rush.

All of these stories start with big names at a position where they accumulate a ton of statistics that illustrate their success or shortcomings. But quarterback is a dependent position, and coaches will tell you that every single play begins with controlling the line of scrimmage, a position often lacking in statistics.

In the three storylines above, the performance of the offensive line is directly affecting the performance of the quarterback. And we now have a metric lens with which to view that offensive line impact. The introduction of our Pass Protection and Pass Rush metrics go beyond sacks and provide some needed data on the unsung heroes on the line of scrimmage.

These numbers work by assigning partial credit to the offensive or defensive line based on whether there was pressure on a quarterback and whether it happened quickly or late. If a quarterback holds the ball for four seconds, not many offensive lines can resist that long, so Pass Protection would still be high and Pass Rush would be relatively low. Both are represented in terms of percentages, with 100 percent Pass Protection being best for an offensive line and 100 percent Pass Rush being best for a defensive line. A value of 50 percent is average.

espn-passpronfipc.jpg

Fox318

ESPN's Stat department is trying its hand at quantifying pass protection and pass rush. Methodology here

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9946600/how-value-measure-pass-protection-pass-rush-nfl

Insider article with current info

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/stor...t-shows-o-line-carrying-nick-foles-geno-smith

espn-passpronfipc.jpg
Austin Howard is having an amazing year. An udfa that has become a very good right tackle is such a great story. Vlad Ducasse isn't on the field anymore and Brian Winters has already ecclisped him. They can run block and Geno's mobility helps them out so much in pass blocking!

squicken

Rest of that article

Geno Smith and the Jets
Pass Protection: 56 percent, first in NFL

One of the surprising stories that comes out of the Pass Protection statistic is that the Jets are first, meaning they are the best at protecting their quarterback. It's surprising because Smith has been pressured a lot -- sacked 30 times, third most in the league -- but sacks can be misleading when it comes to the performance of an offensive line, and it's that discrepancy that Pass Protection filters out.

The reason for the high volume of sacks is that Smith is showing a tendency a lot of rookies have: holding the ball. He holds the ball longer than all but three starting quarterbacks -- Terrelle Pryor, Michael Vick and Cam Newton -- each of whom is known for running the ball. But when you look at the average time a quarterback has before he is pressured, Smith gets the most time, at more than 2.6 seconds. So Smith is getting sacked not because his line is failing but because he can't pull the trigger on a throw. Is that his fault or the fault of receivers who can't get open? It is probably some of both, but the blame should definitely not fall on the line.

Smith is getting credit for the fact that the Jets have a chance at the playoffs this year. And there are signs that he could be a good quarterback -- his QBR when not pressured is a very good 84 -- but a lot more credit should be given to the guys giving him time to work with a clean pocket.

Nick Foles and his seven touchdowns
Pass Protection: 70 percent against the Raiders

Foles, a backup quarterback on a mediocre Philadelphia team, threw an NFL record-tying seven touchdowns against the Raiders last weekend. People started immediately talking about him replacing Vick as the starter, and he was the unofficial hero of the week at ESPN.

Here's what slipped under the radar: No one recognized that the Eagles offensive line dominated that game. It gave up two sacks, but the average time before Foles felt pressure in that game was 3.2 seconds, easily the best in the league that week, and his two sacks averaged 3.6 seconds after the snap, when quarterback pressure happens roughly 75 percent of the time. The Eagles offensive line ranks second for the season with 55 percent Pass Protection control, and there is no way that Foles puts up seven touchdowns without it going above and beyond that figure last weekend.

Russell Wilson and 'Chase Games'

For some of us, our favorite NFL games are when the defensive line is constantly getting after the quarterback, what I call "Chase Games." This year, Seahawks games provide nearly constant fun in this way.

Wilson gets chased all the time, in part because he holds the ball and in part because his Pass Protection provides control only 39 percent of the time, second worst in the NFL. The value of Wilson's mobility is that he can survive without a great offensive line. The Seahawks would probably lose an additional two games if Wilson were replaced by a quarterback with average mobility.

Last week against Tampa, the Seahawks protected Wilson just 8 percent of the time, the league low this season, which made for the best Chase Game of the year. The second-best Chase Game of the year was when the Seahawks faced Arizona in October. For the season, the Seahawks D's Pass Rush control of 60 percent is the best in the NFL and the Cardinals' Pass Protection control of 38 percent is the worst, so that game was just a lot of chaos in the backfield.

As we head into this weekend's games, it looks like there is potential for three Chase Games.

Houston and Arizona feature two of the best Pass Rush defenses against two of the worst Pass Protection offenses. Watch Case Keenum and Carson Palmer log miles like they're on a treadmill.

There is a Seattle game too. Wilson is going to run around even if Atlanta's Pass Rush control is only 46 percent. The top-rated Seahawks pass rush faces a Falcons offensive line that has gotten better but still ranks 24th in Pass Protection. If Matt Ryan still is missing the receivers he trusts (though Roddy White is expected to play), he'll likely end up spending more time in the pocket and risking more pressure.

Finally there's the "Monday Night Football" matchup between the Miami Dolphins and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. No one knows for sure what the Incognito-Martin fuss is going to do to the Dolphins as a whole when they take the field, but having two top offensive linemen out of a unit that already ranks third-worst in Pass Protection can't be good. It is likely going to mean that Ryan Tannehill will have to show more of that "mobility for his size" that people talked about when he was drafted.

Top Bottom