• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

Hunter S.

To the other Broncos here: are you more afraid of the Chargers than the Chiefs?

I personally am. I've seen Rivers carve us up too many times over the years. Hopefully our D plays like it did during the Washington game and not how it did during other games this season.

KC just doesn't scare me at all. I could see both games being blowouts, as there's no way Alex Smith will be able to score enough points to keep up with us.
Not really, as the Chargers are so inconsistent. The only advantage they got is that McCoy knows a lot about Peyton's methods and preferences. This might help his Defense out, but I do not see them out scoring them. KC played better against the Broncos last year more than the Raiders and Chargers in my opinion. They really slowed down the offense and frustrated the Broncos a lot of the time. I see the Broncos taking the Chiefs more seriously this year, but the Chiefs will be a challenge.

I'll be on the road during the Chargers-Broncos game today so I won't be able to watch it. Good luck Broncos GAF!
The Force will be with you Broncos dude, always.

Matt to the Bengals to back up Dalton?

7GjxGQa.gif

squicken

The seeds for a potential conflict were planted not when the Steelers created an oil-and-water relationship between Roethlisberger and Haley but when the Steelers tried to force offensive coordinator Bruce Arians into retirement after the 2011 season. As we understand it, the Arians-Roethlisberger relationship had become a problem for the organization, with Arians believed to be more concerned about helping the quarterback rack up stats at the risk of helping the team win games.

Some believe that Arians’ desire to help Roethlisberger become the MVP of Super Bowl XLV contributed to the team’s failure to win the game.

Most recently, Roethlisberger has expressed concern about the team’s use of the Wildcat offense. With teams that have true franchise quarterbacks rarely if ever taking the ball out of the franchise quarterback’s hands, the shift could be viewed as a belief in the ‘Burgh that Roethlisberger no longer occupies a spot at the top of the sport.

Ben’s recent insistence that Tom Brady must be regarded as the best quarterback in the game because he has three Super Bowl wins carries a clear implication that Roethlisberger sees himself as tied for No. 2 with Eli Manning.

The question now becomes whether Roethlisberger is destined to no longer be the No. 1 quarterback in Pittsburgh. If not, an Arians reunion in Arizona makes the most sense — especially since that could be the best way for the Cardinals to keep Larry Fitzgerald.

Assuming the spotlight in Glendale would be big enough for both of them.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...berger-frustrated-with-direction-of-steelers/

Figure because he hates Haley. He was pretty pissed when Arians was let go.

I'm just glad jakncoke isn't alive to see this.

I instantly thought Cardinals too.

Big Ben is a nut. Teams get old and have to rebuild some times. It is a part of football, I cant believe he is going to force a trade because the team isn't good enough for him. I hope they trade him to the Jags.
I mentioned trading him this season when we started out like shit. The team is old, the coaches are clueless and the GM hasn't done a good job drafting. Ben is going to either sit on this franchise for the next 5 years sucking up valuable salary cap space while they try to rebuild or he could worth a couple of draft picks to get things rolling.

The only problem now is that if Ben wants to go and teams know he wants to go, they'll offer less for him.

Not sure the Cards would bite. They already have a former AFC North QB sucking up a roster spot. I thought the Vikes might have been intriguing but they suck as bad as the Steelers. Houston? You have to assume Schoob is gone and Ben's a step up from Case. Not sure they have the salary cap room though. Could be a deal where a d-man with a decent cap goes over in return (we'd love Watt but I can't imagine that happening).

Finding the right team who would want to mortgage their short term future for potential Super Bowl glory will be the trick. Who is an ugrade at QB away from winning it all? And no, we're not trading him to the Pats.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ENTER THE SCHAUB!

matt-schaub-struggle.gif

NFL Age collectively chuckles....

Swear it looks like he's about to puke and had to hold it down/swallow it. Bitch made.

ShaneB

Eeeeeee

Also fuck you TSN (Canadian ESPN). They aren't showing NFL Countdown this morning because instead they are showing soccer and fucking curling!

This makes me sad as well :(

So I've loaded up NFLN and watching their gameday. A fine alternative.

edit: Also, damn at that Ben news, story of the day so far.

Furyous

I'm still pissed the Browns drafted old man Weeden. Russell Wilson was the better choice.

Big Ben for Carson Palmer, 2nd and 3rd this year, a conditional second next year, and one of our young receivers. Big Ben deserves a Lebronesque intro if he comes to Arizona. Bruce Arians was Big Ben's OC so this works.

I'm with the Schaub to Pittsburgh movement. First off, he fucking sucks and is looking might Palmerish out there. He's probably still injured and that's the reason. Case Keenum can hold down the job for the long-term.

Wow, NFLN saying Big Ben is pissed at the coaches, not just Haley, and will ask for a trade in the offseason

e: Beaten. But wow. See I knew there was drama. Steelers fans try to flip it like it's trolling, but you don't just ban ping pong and not have that blow back on you

Ben and the veterans banned ping pong.

Smokey

This could be awesome!

Steelers trade Ben to the Cardinals for a good pick
Draft a young QB to coach up
They feel they need a vet back up "just in case"..

DUN DUN DUN.....

ENTER THE SCHAUB!

matt-schaub-struggle.gif

NFL Age collectively chuckles....

this bitchmade gif angers me

effzee

Is Julius Thomas playing?

LOL @ Marshall Faulk claiming Eagles aren't a threat to the Cowboys because they are ranked #32 on D.

First I think Cowboys are ranked #32 and the Eagles are 31. Either way how you gonna make a case against a team when the team you are saying is better is only 1 spot better statistically?

When they met head to head the Eagles kept their O in check. Foles stunk it up throwing over and under wide open WRs.

I don't know if we are a threat or not, but its not out of the picture that Cowboys continue to under perform and we just end up winning the division. We certainly have a better shot than the Skins and Giants.

Is Julius Thomas playing?

LOL @ Marshall Faulk claiming Eagles aren't a threat to the Cowboys because they are ranked #32 on D.

First I think Cowboys are ranked #32 and the Eagles are 31. Either way how you gonna make a case against a team when the team you are saying is better is only 1 spot better statistically?

When they met head to head the Eagles kept their O in check. Foles stunk it up throwing over and under wide open WRs.

I don't know if we are a threat or not, but its not out of the picture that Cowboys continue to under perform and we just end up winning the division. We certainly have a better shot than the Skins and Giants.

On Mike and Mike this week they did a segment with Stink on who is going to win the NFC East and they never even mentioned the Eagles once. Both Mikes said the Cowboys, and Stink said the Redskins. It is baffling how people are all on the Cowboys.

I really hope they aren't blowing smoke. I think Ben is cooked in Pittsburgh. I''ll tell you what thje complaint is now - he's pissed they don't throw more. He was winning with throwing under Arians and losing now, so he wants out.

Let him go. Trade him and Polamalu for high picks and get Bridgewater, start over.

That said, I have a feeling this is bullshit. What was the last story Ian Rapaport broke?

I really hope they aren't blowing smoke. I think Ben is cooked in Pittsburgh. I''ll tell you what thje complaint is now - he's pissed they don't throw more. He was winning with throwing under Arians and losing now, so he wants out.

Let him go. Trade him and Polamalu for high picks and get Bridgewater, start over.

LOL

eznark

Banned
I don't think Kelly is revolutionary, but Capers had shown a total inability to adapt to even the smallest wrinkles and will make him seem like a genius today.

Packers will be able to move the ball but once the field gets short they'll have to throw to spread the defense out and we all know that isn't happening.

Eagles 34 Packers 16.

I thought it was the vets banned the rookies from playing ping pong and billiards, then Tomilin banned all of the leisure stuff from everyone? Either way, ping pong is sacred, and not to be messed with, be it coach of player

That's exactly how it....ugh, why am I talking about this?

What team would give a 2nd for Polamalu?

Eagles.

I bet they could get a 1st for Ben, but no team on Earth would give them anything for Troy at this point in time. That is just crazy talk.

I disagree. Teams overpay for names every year. Ed Reed has been washed up for 2 years yet still managed to latch on with the Texans.

Ghosts multiplayer is still pretty good.

I hate how big all the maps are, but yeah the squad points are a great change. You can basically unlock what ever perk of weapon you want early on, so high level people can clown you just by having better stuff. Kill confirmed is so much better then team deathmatch though. It forces the campers to move around and cuts down on a lot of sniper bullshit.

Deacon some team would sign Troy if he was a FA, but no team would trade a high pick for him. Teams hold on to picks like they are the most important thing in the world. No way would the Texans have traded a 2nd for Reed.

squicken

@AdamSchefter Doctors have told David Wilson increased risk of neck injury if he plays again. But Wilson wants, expects to play in 14

Man he needs to not screw around with that. It really sucks but that's not something to chance

Greg

I don't think Kelly is revolutionary, but Capers had shown a total inability to adapt to even the smallest wrinkles and will make him seem like a genius today.

Packers will be able to move the ball but once the field gets short they'll have to throw to spread the defense out and we all know that isn't happening.

Eagles 34 Packers 16.
Seneca is going to show Rodgers how to operate in the red zone like a man.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
To the other Broncos here: are you more afraid of the Chargers than the Chiefs?

I personally am. I've seen Rivers carve us up too many times over the years. Hopefully our D plays like it did during the Washington game and not how it did during other games this season.

KC just doesn't scare me at all. I could see both games being blowouts, as there's no way Alex Smith will be able to score enough points to keep up with us.

Chiefs. Their D is solid, good pass rush, could disrupt Peypey.

Offense is just meh. I can see them taking a split with the Chiefs.

Chargers are just not a very good team, I'm not worried about them in the slightest.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Well scumbag so called fans tend to be like that. Just pick a new favorite team and stop parading around as a Lions fan
Damn Tom Jackson's 62 man he's up there

:lol :lol :lol

I've probably been a Lions fan longer than you've been alive. Way to keep on the tradition of crazy lunatic fans, though. Ignore list +1

Top Bottom