• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

jmdajr

dZOK21y.jpg

Again with that tongue....

oh that Morgan

Sloane

Banned
Got killed in pickem this week. Here goes nothing.

Thursday, November 7th
Redskins @ Vikings

Sunday, November 10th
Eagles @ Packers -- Seneca Wallace will handle it.
Jaguars @ Titans
Bills @ Steelers
Raiders @ Giants
Rams @ Colts
Seahawks @ Falcons
Bengals @ Ravens
Lions @ Bears
Panthers @ 49ers
Texans @ Cardinals
Broncos @ Chargers
Cowboys @ Saints

Monday, November 11th
Dolphins @ Buccaneers

There is no chance the Panthers win this week. Also wtf happened to fox? Did he snap?

Only thing I don't like about that picture is that it's so lame. It's a tackle. At least in Brady's picture you can practically see the tendons snapping. Rodgers is just a brittle little midget with a Napoleon complex.

Posts like this are slowly convincing me that you actually hate Rodgers.

Sapp fucking KILLED Lolamalu last night over the two big gainers that he totally blew. Full on video analysis, rewinds and shit-on's. It was glorious.

Yeah, Polamalu had a terrible game. Brady manipulated the shit out of him.

I haven't gone in depth into the game yet, (focused on my HTPC, just got done with the service updates and linking it to my server, configuring Mediaportal finally) but considering the personnel Steelers D used and Polamalu's eagerness they expected a lot more short stuff.

eznark

Banned
I thought Bernard, Allen and Stacey were poor RoY choices. Fuck Bedard. Ted Thompson hating clown.

(love you Bedard)

ShaneB

Parity was always a myth. There is usually a core group of teams that always make the playoffs, then a rotating couple of spots that give bad teams hope that they will get some scheduling and injury luck. This year is now just entirely injury and scheduling luck

DET, CAR and/or DET are going to be some of the worst 11+ win teams we've ever seen by catching all the good teams on their schedules once they were decimated by injuries.

Football parity always seem iffy to me simply based on the short schedule, you get teams off to a slow start, and the season can seem doomed after 4 or 5 games. And because like you said, some teams get favourable schedules, injuries come into play all the time, etc etc. edit: that being said, it still feels like anything could happen the remainder of the season to see who gets into the playoffs.

League parity is still there man.

Everyone minus 2 or 3 teams is shit.

I suppose this is true as well :p

filler

Banned
why are so many people in here picking the giants over my raiders? you'll all regret this, I promise!!!!!!!

Bowser

Parity was always a myth. There is usually a core group of teams that always make the playoffs, then a rotating couple of spots that give bad teams hope that they will get some scheduling and injury luck. This year is now just entirely injury and scheduling luck

DET, CAR and/or DET are going to be some of the worst 11+ win teams we've ever seen by catching all the good teams on their schedules once they were decimated by injuries.

I don't know why you keep acting like we're a shit team. 4th in DVOA (and that's before destroying the Falcons). Yeah we've played an easy schedule, but we've fucking destroyed them, not pull out squeakers. The only game where we truly laid an egg was the Zona game. Seattle game was close throughout and who knows what happens if DeAngelo doesn't fumble. Bills debacle has been well chronicled but Rivera's seemingly seen the light now on 4th and short (not to mention if we don't lose 3 DBs in that game we probably pull it out even kicking the FG. Hell, we were thisclose to throwing Thomas Davis at S ffs).

Next two weeks will tell us a lot. 1-1 with both games being competitive would be great for this team's psyche.

Tom Penny

Tons of mediocrity in the league = parity.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/05/nfl-2013-midseason-all-pro-team/

Bedard has Charles as his MVP, and Simmons has Calvin Johnson as his. And I sort of agree. I think the Broncos could score 14-21 ppg with Ortwaller, but would Detroit even score 10 ppg w/o Calvin Johnson? Heck the Chiefs have 9 passing TDs in 9 games, but I think the defense is the story there

If Peyton Manning continues at the pace he is playing, he will get MVP. The Broncos aren't even a five win team without Peyton.

That's your knock?

lol, ok

I think that is a valid knock, great RBs make guys miss and turn short gains into long gains. Him being MVP right now over Manning seems totally nuts to me. I bet that if the vote happened today Manning would win it in a landslide. The idea that the Chiefs cant replace some grinder running back is silly.

Bowser

I think that is a valid knock, great RBs make guys miss and turn short gains into long gains. Him being MVP right now over Manning seems totally nuts to me. I bet that if the vote happened today Manning would win it in a landslide. The idea that the Chiefs cant replace some grinder running back is silly.

I agree. I don't think anyone on the Chiefs offense is worthy of an MVP vote. That defense is the main reason they are 9-0 and not something closer to 6-3. A RB needs a truly transcendent season (Adrian Peterson last year) to sniff the MVP and Charles isn't getting anywhere close to those numbers.

Hey NFL Gaf, how are you? I need some assistance. I need to buy a new cell phone at cost; my unlimited Verizon plan can not be renewed, but I am welcome to buy a phone at cost from anywhere and just switch phones. Anyone have a thought on a good, cheaper phone? I've been iPhone for like 4 years, and while it's nice, I'm not paying 800 dollars for something marginally better than the rest (or not marginally better, I don't know shit about phones). Ideally, I'd like to spend three to four hundred. I've heard good things about the Nexus 4, which I can get for like 300.

Also, Football sucks.

Draxal

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/05/nfl-2013-midseason-all-pro-team/

Bedard has Charles as his MVP, and Simmons has Calvin Johnson as his. And I sort of agree. I think the Broncos could score 14-21 ppg with Ortwaller, but would Detroit even score 10 ppg w/o Calvin Johnson? Heck the Chiefs have 9 passing TDs in 9 games, but I think the defense is the story there

Funny thing with the Chiefs is how well Marcus Cooper is playing. He was a BACKUP cb at Rutgersast year.

DMczaf

I just have to say, I hope we get a new coach for Lavonte David's sake. Dude is going to be a baller for years, and I don't want him wasting 10+ years doing it for 3-4 win teams :(

eznark

Banned

Broncos won in the playoffs with the same core guys but with fewer offensive weapons and Tim Tebow. Is Manning all that irreplaceable?

Charles is averaging the same yards per carry as McCoy and has twice as many receptions. Think McCoy is a shitty dime a dozen grinder?

Bowser

Hey NFL Gaf, how are you? I need some assistance. I need to buy a new cell phone at cost; my unlimited Verizon plan can not be renewed, but I am welcome to buy a phone at cost from anywhere and just switch phones. Anyone have a thought on a good, cheaper phone? I've been iPhone for like 4 years, and while it's nice, I'm not paying 800 dollars for something marginally better than the rest (or not marginally better, I don't know shit about phones). Ideally, I'd like to spend three to four hundred. I've heard good things about the Nexus 4, which I can get for like 300.

Also, Football sucks.

The new Nexus 5 seems nice and it's $349 from Google Play store...although actually I think it might not be available on Verizon...

I dunno tho, I've been Team iPhone since 2007.

squicken

Also, Football sucks.

Seems like the Nexus phones are the best deals for non-subsidized phones. I hated the Nexus 4 b/c of it's wimpy speaker, but otherwise it was solid. No idea how good the Nexus 5 is

Bowser

Seems like the Nexus phones are the best deals for non-subsidized phones. I hated the Nexus 4 b/c of it's wimpy speaker, but otherwise it was solid. No idea how good the Nexus 5 is

Looks like both the Nexus 4 and 5 aren't Verizon compatible:

Google and Verizon haven't had the closest relationship in recent years — the Verizon-specific Galaxy Nexus was held back by the carrier's long software review process, making it feel like a second-class citizen in the Nexus family. And, of course, the Nexus 4 didn't support LTE and only worked on GSM-based networks, leaving Verizon customers out in the cold. Unfortunately, that's still the case with Google's newest flagship: senior VP of Android Sundar Pichai told us that "the Nexus 5 will not be on Verizon." Somewhat surprisingly, the Nexus 5 will run on Sprint's network — the carrier is listed as one of Google's official retail partners, making the phone's lack of compatibility with Verizon a bit surprising.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/31/5051304/google-nexus-5-wont-work-on-verizon

Bread

Banned
The fact that anyone would pick Peyton over Brady for MVP baffles me. Did you see what he did to the greatest safety of this generation on Sunday?

Tom Penny

Broncos won in the playoffs with the same core guys but with fewer offensive weapons and Tim Tebow. Is Manning all that irreplaceable?

Charles is averaging the same yards per carry as McCoy and has twice as many receptions. Think McCoy is a shitty dime a dozen grinder?

But Tebow's Broncos team had a great defense !!!

I'm just worried that I'll buy a phone that doesn't work with Verizon. Who knows phone technology? Can I buy any unlocked phone and it'll work on Verizon? Or is the Nexus 5 only going to work with Sprint or t-mobile.

Edit: Just saw Bowser's stuff. Damn.

Syrinx

I just have to say, I hope we get a new coach for Lavonte David's sake. Dude is going to be a baller for years, and I don't want him wasting 10+ years doing it for 3-4 win teams :(

He's so damn good, costly gaffe in week 1 aside.

Hunter S.

Parity depends on how you define it. Your way of defining it implies every team has to be equal to have parity.. Rather the definition I would apply as most teams are close to equal. There will always be a few outliers either great or terrible.

Meier

Someone get Elias Sports Bureau on the case. Ray Rice's 2013 has to be the worst on record for a top 10 fantasy pick who didn't suffer a season ender, right?

squicken

Top Bottom