• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

LJ11

I just have to say, I hope we get a new coach for Lavonte David's sake. Dude is going to be a baller for years, and I don't want him wasting 10+ years doing it for 3-4 win teams :(

Can blitz, cover, and hold up in the run game. Honestly no idea how this dude got by so many teams, fucking no brainer just watching him play at Nebraska.

DMczaf

Someone get Elias Sports Bureau on the case. Ray Rice's 2013 has to be the worst on record for a top 10 fantasy pick who didn't suffer a season ender, right?

Doug Martin was on track for that record before his season ender.

I don't have any numbers with me, but I doubt any team is getting less out of their QB-RB tandem for the amount of money being paid to them than the Ravens are.

DMczaf

Can blitz, cover, and hold up in the run game. Honestly no idea how this dude got by so many teams, fucking no brainer just watching him play at Nebraska.

He's an OLB leading a 4-3 defense in sacks.

He's either really good, or our d-line is that bad at getting the QB down.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/05/nfl-2013-midseason-all-pro-team/

Bedard has Charles as his MVP, and Simmons has Calvin Johnson as his. And I sort of agree. I think the Broncos could score 14-21 ppg with Ortwaller, but would Detroit even score 10 ppg w/o Calvin Johnson? Heck the Chiefs have 9 passing TDs in 9 games, but I think the defense is the story there

I agree, but that's also kind of not the point because how many of those games does Denver win with 14-21 ppg? If we consider that each team still scores the same number of points but Denver only maxes at 21 ppg this season:

Ravens - Loss
Giants - Loss
Raiders - Tie or Loss
Eagles - Win, but only if they score 21
Cowboys - Loss
Jaguars - Win, but only with 20 or more
Colts - Loss
Redskins - Tie or Loss

So, at best, they're 2-4-2. At worst, they're 0-8.

The difference between that and 7-1 is stark. You can indeed make a case for Peyton and Megatron for the same reason: without them, their teams would be awful.

I don't have any numbers with me, but I doubt any team is getting less out of their QB-RB tandem for the amount of money being paid to them than the Ravens are.
Might be time to increase Pierces work load ...

Edit:
Keith Britton ‏ @ KeithBritton86 1m
From everything I can gather, # Browns appear to have some level of interest in Tyler Thigpen. Still mulling over QB position

Sounds like Kubiak had a mini-stroke. People who have those usually have a full blown stroke within a year. The stress level got to him, I think he's gonna have to quit.

Crisco

Banned
So without Rodgers, the Packers are basically the Vikings with a better running game. The funny part is that should be enough to win their next 3 games.

Hunter S.

But Tebow's Broncos team had a great defense !!!
One of the main reasons the Broncos D is worse this year are fumbles. Manning has Fumbled a lot due to complications with his new, inexperienced center, Manny Rameriez, and others ,mostly coming from their young running backs Hillman and Montes Ball. They have the most fumbles of any team and a high percentage of them are lost. Consequently, the D has given up a lot more points then the last two years.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Might be time to increase Pierces work load ...

Edit:
Keith Britton ‏ @ KeithBritton86 1m
From everything I can gather, # Browns appear to have some level of interest in Tyler Thigpen. Still mulling over QB position

I'm okay with this.

Still wish we could have got Tolzien but ah well. Anything to push Weeden further down the depth chart is a good sign.

I agree, but that's also kind of not the point because how many of those games does Denver win with 14-21 ppg? If we consider that each team still scores the same number of points but Denver only maxes at 21 ppg this season:

Ravens - Loss
Giants - Loss
Raiders - Tie or Loss
Eagles - Win, but only if they score 21
Cowboys - Loss
Jaguars - Win, but only with 20 or more
Colts - Loss
Redskins - Tie or Loss

So, at best, they're 2-4-2. At worst, they're 0-8.

The difference between that and 7-1 is stark. You can indeed make a case for Peyton and Megatron for the same reason: without them, their teams would be awful.

After the Broncos lose Manning, they will be in line for a top five pick in the draft.

squicken

Sounds like Kubiak had a mini-stroke. People who have those usually have a full blown stroke within a year. The stress level got to him, I think he's gonna have to quit.

I hate this talk of trying to peg a time for him to come back. He at a minimum needs to sit out the rest of the year.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/05/nfl-2013-midseason-all-pro-team/

Bedard has Charles as his MVP, and Simmons has Calvin Johnson as his. And I sort of agree. I think the Broncos could score 14-21 ppg with Ortwaller, but would Detroit even score 10 ppg w/o Calvin Johnson? Heck the Chiefs have 9 passing TDs in 9 games, but I think the defense is the story there

Charles? Seriously?

Also, I'd argue that Reggie Bush is Detroit's MVP this year. Totally different offense with him in the game.

That said, Peyton is MVP so far.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
wat

xDiLoji.jpg

Apparently that was all the money the bettor has.

Damn degenerates.

Broncos won in the playoffs with the same core guys but with fewer offensive weapons and Tim Tebow. Is Manning all that irreplaceable?

Charles is averaging the same yards per carry as McCoy and has twice as many receptions. Think McCoy is a shitty dime a dozen grinder?

Well techincally 4.6 ypc is greater then 4.3, Shady also averages 11 ypr compared to Charles' 8.3. I will say though that Shady hasnt been good the last 3 or 4 games and so his numbers have come down towards Charles' pedestrian numbers. Either way neither one of them should be anywhere near the MVP discussion.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Tomlin should benched Haley and LOLamalu first. They played like hot ass most of the game.
That was the most point the Steelers have scored in like a decade. But LeBeau needs to take a long look at how he wants to use Troy. I said it earlier, but he can't be left as a single high safety, ever again.
Firing the punter did not scare anyone so I guess he thinks that benching the star receiver will get the teams attention.

Said it last year and early this year. Tomlin has lost the team. Need a big shakeup.
I'll agree with you when I see a lack of effort. Until then, you're squicken to me.

squicken

As tough as the Texans year has been, I heard a good point on the radio. The thing they have never done is win in IND. If Case can get that win, and keep the record respectable, then it can still be a salvaged season. I think the HOU defense is too terrible to make a serious run at this point, even if the record was better

Andrew Luck is MVP.

Agree

eznark

Banned
As last night showed, no player is more valuable to his team than Aaron Rodgers. I'd say that makes him the most valuable player.

By happy coincidence, he is also the best player.

And a fucker.

Miguel

Hitokage, Meier, DM, and Wellington might be one of the only ones that signed up before me in this version of GAF.

Top Bottom