• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

Trey

CJ Spiller. Oy. Thoughts on him being relevant going forward now with the good game against the Chiefs?

Still healing from his ankle injury. His usage will increase as he gets healthier. Always been a sink or swim player, and most defenses don't have much else to worry about from the Bills O so they focus on containing him. The offensive coordinator has been calling a pretty barebones offense considering the revolving door at QB, so the playbook should start to open up again when EJ comes back. Screens = Spiller profit.

As last night showed, no player is more valuable to his team than Aaron Rodgers. I'd say that makes him the most valuable player.

By happy coincidence, he is also the best player.

And a fucker.
I'm interested to see how this changes his style of play.

After the concussion he's slid more, wonder how much they'll limit his scrambling.

While I wouldn't vote Charles as MVP, I also can't fathom how nightmarishly awful the Chiefs offense would be without him. He's doing his best to turn chicken shit into chicken salad, but Allen at LG and Hudson at C aren't helping. Having him run out of shotgun constantly isn't helping either, but that's Andy.

Trey

While I wouldn't vote Charles as MVP, I also can't fathom how nightmarishly awful the Chiefs offense would be without him. He's doing his best to turn chicken shit into chicken salad, but Allen at LG and Hudson at C aren't helping. Having him run out of shotgun constantly isn't helping either, but that's Andy.

Kinda what happens to an offense who's standing directive to the QB is "don't fuck things up."

Rodgers just confirmed he has a collarbone fracture. Still don't have a definitive time frame.

I wonder if they will rush him back, since if it does back all the way he would have more then enough time in the offseason for it to heal. It is his non-throwing shoulder, but I guess the question would be can he play through the pain and would it affect his throwing motion at all.

eznark

Banned
I wonder if they will rush him back, since if it does back all the way he would have more then enough time in the offseason for it to heal. It is his non-throwing shoulder, but I guess the question would be can he play through the pain and would it affect his throwing motion at all.

Talking like he is in no rush. Which makes sense considering how easy it is top refracture but still what a pussy!

I hope Eminem got a check from Goodell for all of the NFL references on his new album

wat

xDiLoji.jpg

Apparently that was all the money the bettor has.

Damn degenerates.

Dumbass

The Jags have 7 total TDs this year, which is the same number of TDs Nick Foles threw for in 41 minutes on Sunday

Foles has played 3.5 games and has 13 TDs, crazy that he has almost doubled their team in such a limited amount of time. Jags should totally trade for him.

squicken

Foles has played 3.5 games and has 13 TDs, crazy that he has almost doubled their team in such a limited amount of time. Jags should totally trade for him.

They will draft Teddy. I'm also seeing Manziel creeping into top 5s, but I'm not sure the home of Tebow could handle JFF

e: Did Rodgers cry on his show? That sucks for him :(
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 28m
Nice job, @jasonjwilde. Making Aaron Rodgers cry.

Drakeon

Alright then, it's settled. Looking forward to Sunday.

Wow, sooner than I expected. Nice to see. Don't need to rush him back, but I'd like to see him in action before the Seahawks game. He likely won't be back in time for the Saints and I'm not convinced we need him for the Redskins or Rams. However, might be nice to get him into a game before the Seahawks game, so he can knock off some of the rust.

eznark

Banned
Sounds like it, I haven't listened:

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde
Give Aaron Rodgers the credit today. He didn't have to do the show. It was his call. Pretty remarkable moment of emotion from him, too.

Miguel

Do we have Cardinal fans in here? After FMT/Hito and Squicken's 6 NFC West teams, I don't think I really pay attention to Arizona. Avatar bet?

eznark

Banned
Jared Allen is on Team Incognito.

Reports on the hazing issues in Miami mention an instance where the rookies were stuck paying a $30,000 team dinner. Allen recalled during his rookie year driving 20 miles to pick up Popeyes chicken before every team flight with the Chiefs and has heard of first-round picks picking up $50-60,000 tabs before the NFL implemented a rookie wage scale.
“It just depends on when you came in," Allen said. "Reasonable back in the day? Yeah. I mean, I’ve heard of worse. I’ve heard of less. It depends. That’s usually how it is. But usually it’s a rite of passage you go through, so as a rookie from a football standpoint you go through stuff and that’s what kind of brings you together as a team."

squicken

ESPN QB Report

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/98324/nfl-week-9-quarterback-report

Case Keenum
Passer rating: 123.4
QBR: 96.6 <-- highest ever QBR for a starter in a loss per FO

Analysis: As per his reputation, Keenum slung the ball downfield Sunday night against the Indianapolis Colts. Two of his three touchdown passes traveled at least 30 yards in the air, making him one of six quarterbacks to throw at least that many in a game this season. Of his 20 completions, 13 traveled at least 10 yards downfield. Both of his long touchdown passes came from outside of the pocket, supporting the assessment that he throws well on the move. This season, Keenum has completed 9 of 15 passes outside the pocket (60 percent). The NFL leader in that category is Ben Roethlisberger (68 percent). Keenum hit receiver Andre Johnson on 9 of 13 targets, including 7 of 10 that traveled at least 10 yards downfield.

Jason Campbell
Passer rating: 116.6
QBR: 76.5

Analysis: Campbell has been an NFL afterthought since he broke his collarbone and subsequently lost his starting job with the Raiders in 2011. Finally given a chance in the Cleveland Browns' quarterback-friendly scheme, he has reminded us of his continuing vitality. Campbell threw three touchdown passes, all against the Baltimore Ravens' blitz, and did not commit a turnover Sunday. Overall against the blitz, Campbell completed 11 of 16 passes. Even in the seven instances when the Ravens put him under duress, he missed only one pass. He completed 5 of 7 throws on third down and converted two fourth-down attempts with completions as well.

Geno Smith
Passer rating: 62.4
QBR: 14.8

Analysis: You won't see a more conservative passing approach than the one the New York Jets took Sunday with Smith. (And it worked!) Smith completed eight passes and only three of them traveled past the line of scrimmage. Only two of his throws traveled more than 10 yards downfield. Both were incomplete. Josh Cribbs' 25-yard wildcat pass traveled farther in the air (15 yards) than all eight of Smith's combined (seven). In all, 108 of Smith's 115 passing yards came after the catch. Smith wasn't much of a match for the New Orleans Saints' pressure; he missed on 5 of 6 passes while under duress.

Go Broncos

Hopefully we don't overlook the Chargers before our big game against KC the following week.

I've seen Rivers carve us up too many times over the years; I hope we are focused.

Is a season without Pittsburgh, Green Bay and NYG really even a season worth having?

Let's have a lockout. Season is cancelled anyway, lets take some time to solve any lingering labor disputes.
Seconded.

Also note that the Vikings and Bucs are in primetime games this week. This is reason enough to have a lockout.

Finally I have officially seen :jnc used by a non NFL-Gaffer in a non NFL-GAF thread. :jnc

Greg

Seconded.

Also note that the Vikings and Bucs are in primetime games this week. This is reason enough to have a lockout.

Finally I have officially seen :jnc used by a non NFL-Gaffer in a non NFL-GAF thread. :jnc
I always wonder how many people lurk here and never post

Top Bottom