• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo Red, I wanted to share some videogame thoughts with you. Since you and I have somewhat similar taste in good games (Ni No Kuni)

Xenoblade - One of the most overrated games in the history of gamedom. For all the criticisms FF-XIII received, Xenoblade seems to get a free pass. Battle Mechanics, Cheesy Dialogue, Pacing, and waiting 40 hours for the game to get "awesome" and 60 hours for it to get "amazing", this game does all of the same but with a stupid camera and jaggies everywhere. You have to sit through it with cheesy voice acting and original iphone graphics. Uggghh. I guess the Wii was aching for a RPG messiah so bad that anything was gonna do. Kinda like if Greg Jennings came to Dolphins right about now. He's not that good, but he's better than anything else we got.

Arkham Origins - I came into this game thinking, again? But the kid wanted it. This game has the best writing and pacing out of all the Arkham games. Extremely slept on this year. Very underrated.

Pokemon X - Greatest game of all time
Wow, we're kind of polar opposites on some of these, haha.

Xenoblade is undoubtedly loaded with its fair share of "JRPGness" but I still managed to enjoy the story and characters overall. As far as the combat I thought it was a lot of fun but it did start to get a little repetitious as time went on. However, I was usually able to keep things interesting by switching the character I controlled from time to time.

That said, the number one reason I love Xenoblade is the world. From the moment I left the first town I was captivated by almost every new area I encountered. I have never played an RPG with such a creative and well-realized world. Even though I finished the game a year or so ago I can vividly recall almost every environment in the game, and the simple act of exploring those environments was enough to keep me hooked throughout. That alone makes it top-tier for me, but I also enjoyed the surrounding elements a lot more than you seemed to. To be honest I ended up loving the story at the end once it went into full on metaphysical philosophical territory. So good.

Also, protip, play with the classic controller. The game controls much better that way, in my opinion.

As for Pokemon X (I played and finished Y) I enjoyed it but didn't love it. The primary reason is due to the game's difficulty. There are so many side systems in the game that you can utilize to make your Pokemon stronger but what is the point when everything is a cakewalk? It just makes all the optional layers feel like unnecessary bloated additions that are just there because. The easy difficulty undermines almost all of the nuances of the battle mechanics which just led to me going through the motions 90% of the game. Still, I did enjoy the polish and the Pokemon themselves are always pretty cool. I just wish the game had difficulty settings even though I know that's taboo for Nintendo.

bionic77

Incoming Kas stats post.
:lol

Here is a stat. They couldn't get to Ben despite having "one of the best d-lines in the league" and going against one of the worst lines. One sack against us when we toss it up 50 times is pathetic.

I should have listened to yankee and everyone else. Stafford is a fat fraud whose only skill is being Megatron's teammate. I guess he is probably an elite competitive eater too, but I was just trying to limit this discussion to football.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
hey guys, if you bet, I would put money the Jags this weekend. They are 10.5 dogs to the Texans this weekend.

BigAT

New FV avatar material?

2LMCzNp.jpg

Bowser

Was in South Beach all weekend for a (fucking spectacular) wedding, so didn't get to watch much of the games yesterday. Wish the 49ers could have done the Panthers a solid and held on vs the Saints, but it wasn't to be.

Super excited for MNF tonight!

squicken

Where was Hernandez? Jesus fuck the Pats just get more disgusting every day.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/holly...-bodyguards-get-convicted-of-attempted-murder

Gisele Bundchen's Trigger-Happy Bodyguards Get Convicted of Attempted Murder

Hey, you know how paparazzi photographers are so invasive that stars sometimes punch them in the face, call them epithets, or attack their cars with green umbrellas? Well, photographers aspiring to sell their lead to TMZ might choose to think twice after the revelation that two of Gisele Bundchen's bodyguards have been convicted of attempted murder for taking shots at paps who were covertly snapping the supermodel's wedding to Tom Brady. Former Gisele bodyguards Miguel Solis and Alexander Rivas were arrested, sentenced to five years, and are being ordered to pay the victims $10,000 each. A third bodyguard was cleared.

Brady and Gisele wed in Costa Rica in 2009, in a lavish party held at Gisele's beachside property. Paparazzi staked out nearby houses to try to get exclusive unapproved coverage of the glamorous nuptials. Photographer Rolando Aviles and coworker Uri Cortez were among those posted up in cars with tinted windows, angling for a glimpse of the Brazilian bombshell and her Boston baller bridegroom. Solis and Rivas saw Aviles and Cortez, and asked that they hand over the memory cards from their digital cameras; it hasn't been made clear whether the photographers complied. I'm guessing not, because Solis and Rivas opened fire on their car, spiking their windshield with a bullet. Aviles and Cortez fled for their lives, and I assume the contraband photos went unpublished for fear of further retaliation.

At the time, Brady made a statement disavowing any involvement: "It's absolute b.s. We found two guys on our property, and we told them to get out. Our security didn't even have guns. There were no shots fired." Gisele also said she had no idea shooting had taken place, and the two presumably went back to fucking like Olympians on their piles of money. So what happened here? Were Brady and Gisele really not filled in about the level of security at their own wedding, or are they faking ignorance because it's so shady to hire security who would use deadly force against photographers? Or is Gisele actually an evil mastermind leading a gang of devious supermodels in a violent crime ring, just like she was in the 2004 Jimmy Fallon and Queen Latifah movie Taxi? I choose to believe that's it.

Patriots7

Next week is going to be legendary. Be prepared for a lot of trash talk Pats fans. And don't try to flip it around cause your team is losing (waahhh bruins beat canucks) or excuse out (waahhh no receivers). It's only about Peyton vs Tammy. May the best man / girl win!
Please do. I feel so much better when the Patriots are the underdogs. Which we are. Because Tom Brady can't throw and our defense is poor and Peyton Manning is the best.

Godslay

Banned
Please do. I feel so much better when the Patriots are the underdogs. Which we are. Because Tom Brady can't throw and our defense is poor and Peyton Manning is the best.

Should be a good game. Pats have to play tonight. So I would worry about that first and foremost. If Wes and Juice are out, it evens the game up a bit.

MechDX

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro 11m
The #Texans are the first team in NFL history to have a yard margin of +919 & a negative point differential through 10 games.

Damn Ill say this: when we blow up it is historical.

Here comes the greatest conspiracy theory ever:

Everyone knows that Bill Belichick is evil incarnate- but just how evil can he be?

Yes, I found this link by reading Bill Simmons's mail bag. Oh my goodness, this is glorious.

Welcome to the spin zone, where Bill Belichick's actions go far beyond that of an evil genius, and into the realm of just pure, unadulterated mastermind. Belichick's coaching tree spans far and wide, but the success of the Patriots hasn't followed his acolytes- what could the reason be? Why can't they emulate his winning tradition?

Bill Belichick's coaching tree is made up of all double agents (Click here for the full story)

1) Bill Belichick takes down the Jets (which he was to be coach until Bill Parcells took over) and inserts Mangini to further the destruction.

Belichick: "Eric, speak with me." (Belichick says this while stroking a hairless cat in a gray hoodie and sitting in a throne in his volcano-top lair.)
Mangini: "Yes, master."
Belichick: "I want you to take the Jets head-coaching job and destroy them from the inside, piece by piece until there is nothing left. But to throw people off the scent, we will pretend we dislike each other. Also, your first season will be a great success. Then, the destruction will begin."
Mangini: "Yes, master. Yes." They both laugh maniacally. (Although Belichick's laugh is far more maniacal.)

2) Takes down the Browns, who had the gall to fire him.

3) Takes down the Broncos, who ended the Patriots championship reign.

4) Takes down the Chiefs, who injured Tom Brady.

5) Takes down Notre Dame, who was a main enemy of his father's college team.

6) Belichick has a soft spot in his heart for the Giants, who started his career.

Wes Welker has a 'concussion' *wink wink*

bionic77

While this is all true for some reason I see the Broncos shitting the bed in this game. I see the Pats going low in the first series of the game on PeyPeys ankle. He will then proceed to gift them a few INTs which Tammy will convert into TDs. Peyton will manage to make it somewhat close with some historic garbage time stat padding, but the Broncos will not be able to entirely close the gap.

Where was Hernandez? Jesus fuck the Pats just get more disgusting every day.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/holly...-bodyguards-get-convicted-of-attempted-murder

Gisele Bundchen's Trigger-Happy Bodyguards Get Convicted of Attempted Murder
Which of the two ordered the hit? Mr. or Mrs. Brady? Oh shit that is a little vague, I should clarify. Did Tammy order the hit or did his cold faced, strap-on wearing, partner order the hit?

brentech

lol, what the hell. only my uncle, who writes sports history books now, but used to author books about collecting sports memorabilia....could randomly happen to run into David Ortiz at a Brookstone store

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Seattle finally gets its bye!

Shit, no game for two weeks. :(

At least it's on ESPN so I don't have to worry about VPNs working.

Also...
@30AcreFortress: Russell Wilson is 7 touchdowns away from Peyton Manning's first two year total of 52; currently has 450 fewer pass attempts(!!!!!!)

MRSA

Banned
The odds of an 18 year old having an MI is slim to not. Gata was just masturbating too much to the Jags win last week.

ShaneB

lol, what the hell. only my uncle, who writes sports history books now, but used to author books about collecting sports memorabilia....could randomly happen to run into David Ortiz at a Brookstone store

What books are those? Wonder if it be anything I'd check out.

Seattle finally gets its bye!

Shit, no game for two weeks. :(

At least it's on ESPN so I don't have to worry about VPNs working.

Also...

Yeah, I'm not use to waiting with a bye week, going to feel so long until the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom