• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomex

Wow, we're kind of polar opposites on some of these, haha.

Xenoblade is undoubtedly loaded with its fair share of "JRPGness" but I still managed to enjoy the story and characters overall. As far as the combat I thought it was a lot of fun but it did start to get a little repetitious as time went on. However, I was usually able to keep things interesting by switching the character I controlled from time to time.

That said, the number one reason I love Xenoblade is the world. From the moment I left the first town I was captivated by almost every new area I encountered. I have never played an RPG with such a creative and well-realized world. Even though I finished the game a year or so ago I can vividly recall almost every environment in the game, and the simple act of exploring those environments was enough to keep me hooked throughout. That alone makes it top-tier for me, but I also enjoyed the surrounding elements a lot more than you seemed to. To be honest I ended up loving the story at the end once it went into full on metaphysical philosophical territory. So good.

Also, protip, play with the classic controller. The game controls much better that way, in my opinion.

As for Pokemon X (I played and finished Y) I enjoyed it but didn't love it. The primary reason is due to the game's difficulty. There are so many side systems in the game that you can utilize to make your Pokemon stronger but what is the point when everything is a cakewalk? It just makes all the optional layers feel like unnecessary bloated additions that are just there because. The easy difficulty undermines almost all of the nuances of the battle mechanics which just led to me going through the motions 90% of the game. Still, I did enjoy the polish and the Pokemon themselves are always pretty cool. I just wish the game had difficulty settings even though I know that's taboo for Nintendo.

I totally can understand where you're coming for with Xenoblade. I just feel, this generation has been waiting for a "traditional" Jrpg for so long that the game was given a lot of leeway, and a lot of it's gaping holes are glossed over. But i think you do make a great point, in that the game world immersed you in right away. When that happens, a game will definitely make an impact. It never grabbed me. Which probably had a lot to do with my overall feelings for the game. There was a part that I vividly remember though, we were fighting a boss, and one of the dialogue going back and forth was my knight saying "He's kidnapped juju, we can't let him get away with this", at that point I was pretty much
AqRdOF9.gif

Did this dude just say Juju and kidnapped in a sentence? SMH

As for Pokemon, yeah it wasn't the greatest but it's Pokemon bruh! It's an event. A game that you can play for 1 year easily. But Soul Silver is still my favorite in terms of content and story.

squicken

ESPN QB Report

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/101584/nfl-week-11-quarterback-report

Andy Dalton
Passer rating: 62.7
QBR: 3.7
Briefly: Dalton must thank the Cincinnati Bengals' defense and special teams after a horrendous first quarter nearly scuttled his team's chances against the Cleveland Browns. He completed just three of eight passes for 22 yards, including two interceptions, before the start of the second quarter. One was returned for a touchdown as the Bengals fell behind, 13-0. In the end, Dalton managed just 93 yards and a career-low 3.4 yards per attempt. He targeted receiver A.J. Green four times. Two of the passes were caught, for seven yards, and two were intercepted by Browns cornerback Joe Haden. His 3.7 QBR for the game was the lowest for a qualified quarterback in a victory since the 2008 season.

Nick Fraud
Passer rating: 104.3
QBR: 71.1
Briefly: It's worth noting that a season-high 188 of Foles' 298 passing yards came after the catch. Three of his four longest pass plays came on throws within two yards of the line of scrimmage, including two screens. He completed all four screen passes in the game for 77 yards.

Geno Smith
Passer rating: 10.1
QBR: 0.7
Analysis: Ugh. Smith became the first quarterback in the NFL this season to produce multiple games with at least four turnovers. Of his 15 incomplete passes, 10 were deemed via video analysis to be over- or underthrown, including all three of his interceptions. It was his fourth game with a QBR of less than 10 this season, most in the NFL. Smith was at his worst in the second quarter, when he did not complete a pass in five attempts as the Buffalo Bills outscored the Jets, 20-0. Smith managed just 24 yards passing on 12 attempts against the Bills' blitz. Is it time to give Smith a chance to watch from the sideline? Or should the Jets continue to push forward with him? Amazingly, they are still in the thick of the NFL playoff race.

Matthew Stafford
Passer rating: 74.7
QBR: 50.0
Briefly: The fourth quarter is usually Stafford's time to shine, but Sunday he threw incomplete on all 10 passing attempts. He had only three completions after halftime, adding just 35 yards to his first-half total of 327 yards.

Russell Wilson
Passer rating: 151.4
QBR: 98.5
Analysis: The return of receiver Percy Harvin sparked increased efficiency in the downfield game against the Minnesota Vikings. Wilson completed six of eight passes that traveled at least 15 yards in the air, including one for a touchdown, and averaged a season-high 12.8 yards per attempt. Most interestingly, Wilson for the second consecutive week threw almost exclusively from the pocket. Just one of his 18 attempts came from outside the pocket, a career low, and he now has only three such throws over the past two weeks. Sunday was Wilson's eighth career game with a QBR of at least 90, the second-highest total in the NFL over that span.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Jason Campbell
Passer rating: 44.3
QBR: 7.3
Briefly: How safe did Campbell take things against the Cincinnati Bengals? He threw 50 passes that traveled 10 yards or fewer past the line of scrimmage. No quarterback since the start of the 2006 season had attempted so many similar passes in a game. He completed only 26 of them and two were intercepted.

Talk to me bout ya boy BG!

MechDX

ATL podcast was talking about the Case benching. Consensus was he was benched because Kubiak is a dolt.

It seriously made no sense what so ever. I have not read or heard one person expain why it was a good move in any way, shape or form. All it did was make Dre let his frustrations out. I don't buy that his outburst was just a small frustration thing. He was openly pissed that Schaub had the gall to question him after what he did to this team

DoubleTap

"PERSONAL FOUL. HITTING THE QUARTERBACK. 15 YARDS AND NEW ORLEANS RETAINS POSSESSION"

fucking sorry ass refs

It was really a bad call void of any common sense in the context of a football game that's inherently fast and brutal.

BUT, it only lead to a tie. It was really more dissapointing seeing the Niners get the ball back only to go three and out; punctuated by Kap giving the Saints a free timeout by running out of bounds (a typical Kap moment). I really didn't even care about the Osgood bonehead play at that point.

I'll say it again, Kap's playcalling at the line should be revoked. He has no sense of the playclock and wastes timeouts like Harbaugh wastes challenges. It only makes the already complicated offense more complex. Kap hasn't seen enough defenses to be making calls at the line, period. The coaches should be doing their jobs and call the right fucking plays. They finally made the right calls in the redzone, hurrah.

All our QB needs right now are a some few motivational tweets and all will be fixed! Stuff of legends right there.

This season so far has been a bigger disappointment than the Superbowl loss.

ATL podcast was talking about the Case benching. Consensus was he was benched because Kubiak is a dolt.

It makes no football sense at all. The worst thing you can do to a young QB is fuck with his confidence. If Case does get another chance he is going to be worried that if he makes a mistake he will get pulled, you cant play like that. He is going to turn Case into garbage like small hands.

squicken

I dont get you being pissy about Foles? Not his fault that the Chip Revolution does such a great job getting WRs so open. I have been super down on Foles but he has done a great job improving his arm strength and accuracy this year.

Nothing against Foles one way or the other, really. But I think he is a system QB, which is a pretty great thing, since it means your offensive coach knows what he is doing, which puts him ahead of about 28 other teams

Narag

They said one reason AJ was pissed was because he was open downfield which was something Keenum would have looked for bit not sonething Schaub would bother to do. Can't blame the guy at all for getting pissed when the #1 WR doesn't even get a look.

Nothing against Foles one way or the other, really. But I think he is a system QB, which is a pretty great thing, since it means your offensive coach knows what he is doing, which puts him ahead of about 28 other teams

Oh he is 100% a system QB. No way would he have this level of success with out being in such an amazing offensive system.

MechDX

They said one reason AJ was pissed was because he was open downfield which was something Keenum would have looked for bit not sonething Schaub would bother to do. Can't blame the guy at all for getting pissed when the #1 WR doesn't even get a look.

AJ was upset because the last play of the game Dre was double covered with a 3rd defender closing and Schaub force a pass into him and he questioned why Matt attempted it and the reason Dre stopped the route. The play you are referencing was earlier in the 4th and did happen.

brentech

What books are those? Wonder if it be anything I'd check out.

His history books to date have been more focused on local to where most my family is from.

Code:
Basketball History in Syracuse, Hoops Roots (2010) ISBN 978-1-59629-983-2
TITLE TOWN, USA, Boxing in Upstate New York (2010) ISBN 978-1-59629-769-2
The Official Autograph Collector Price Guide (2004) ISBN 0-9669710-9-4
Celebrity Autographs, SECOND EDITION (2000) ISBN 0-87341-838-7
Advanced Autograph Collecting (2000) ISBN 0-87341-632-5
The Standard Guide to Collecting Autographs (1999) ISBN 0-87341-613-9
Goldmine's Price Guide to Rock & Roll Memorabilia (1997) ISBN 0-87341-490-X
Celebrity Autographs (1996) ISBN 0-87341-464-0
Auto Racing (1996) ISBN 0-87341-437-3
All-Sport Autograph Guide (1994) ISBN 0-87341-316-4
Team Baseballs (1992) ISBN 0-87341-316-4
Baseball Autograph Handbook, SECOND EDITION (1990) ISBN 0-87341-169-2
Baseball Autograph Handbook (1990) ISBN 0-87341-125-0
Thats the total list of his stuff. But yea, from upstate NY.

Phins up bitches!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We still suck

Also go panthers!
But at least we don't suck as much as the Phillip Rivers'. I tell ya what, I cannot stand that dude's face. One more time for the road - SUCK IT PHILLIP YOU BUTT LICKING NEANDERTHAL!

But at least we don't suck as much as the Phillip Rivers'. I tell ya what, I cannot stand that dude's face. One more time for the road - SUCK IT PHILLIP YOU BUTT LICKING NEANDERTHAL!

I am still amazed that the Fins passed on both 2nd and 3rd down the final drive, but at least you guys held on and won.

Narag

AJ was upset because the last play of the game Dre was double covered with a 3rd defender closing and Schaub force a pass into him and he questioned why Matt attempted it and the reason Dre stopped the route. The play you are referencing was earlier in the 4th and did happen.

Sounds like the same adherence to the play call that got him benched to begin with.

squicken

Oh he is 100% a system QB. No way would he have this level of success with out being in such an amazing offensive system.

I think maybe you are confusing me with ez. I have been more wait and see on the offense, so I didn't care for the media crowning Kelly the next Bill Walsh after one half of football vs the Redskins' defense like substance. I think Foles knows what he is doing and executes it well.

To use an analogy, I think Foles is the Nick Florence of that offense. Totally competent but not special enough to beat good teams. Kelly still needs that special talent to make it work best. I do think though that Foles has shown that the QB doesn't need to run to be effective.

Doesn't hurt to have that running back, either ;)

I am still amazed that the Fins passed on both 2nd and 3rd down the final drive, but at least you guys held on and won.
Best part is the commentators talking about how "you've got to love Mike Sherman's aggressive play-calling here!" I'm guessing they haven't watched many Dolphins games this season, haha.

I think maybe you are confusing me with ez. I have been more wait and see on the offense, so I didn't care for the media crowning Kelly the next Bill Walsh after one half of football vs the Redskins' defense like substance. I think Foles knows what he is doing and executes it well.

To use an analogy, I think Foles is the Nick Florence of that offense. Totally competent but not special enough to beat good teams. Kelly still needs that special talent to make it work best. I do think though that Foles has shown that the QB doesn't need to run to be effective.

Doesn't hurt to have that running back, either ;)

Yeah Shady is amazing he really helps out a ton. Lucky for the Eagles I am really not sure that there are more then 2 good teams this year, the Seahawks and Broncos. I really think the Eagles could hang with anyone else. Their D is light years better then it was at the start of the season.

Speaking of Shady I love this gif from yesterday:

mccoyflagthief.gif

MechDX

And with their first pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Houston Texans select...

oHImdEc.jpg

He has already gone on record bad mouthing the franchise and blaming them for "ruining" his brother. Not happening

If he is rated high enough and the Texans first pick is high I could see them trading down a little

Same bullshit coaching/play calling we've been suffering from all year. We are running it well, have a lead and need to burn out the clock, it's so fucken obvious what we need to do and so painful when Sherman does the exact opposite.

Same bullshit coaching/play calling we've been suffering from all year. We are running it well, have a lead and need to burn out the clock, it's so fucken obvious what we need to do and so painful when Sherman does the exact opposite.
I wouldn't mind it quite as much if the o-line didn't disappear every fourth quarter. So many drive killing sacks it's unreal. I'd rather have an o-coordinator that's too aggressive than one that's too conservative but Sherman seems to forget about the personnel he's working with from time to time. Even on running plays you'll see stuff like a third and one stretch run with Daniel Thomas that requires John Jerry to pull-block for him. So many things wrong with that picture.

Shouldnt the priority be to find other ways to get him involved since the OL is so bad that Tanny is getting killed when he holds onto the ball.

Intersting tidbit on the Eli Manning-Louis Murphy INT
Wide receiver Louis Murphy was supposed to break inside -- Giants coach Tom Coughlin said there was no option on the route, and that Murphy just blew it. What was weirder, though, was that Murphy was on the field instead of Hakeem Nicks, who appeared to hurt himself on a play earlier in the drive on which Tramon Williams was called for pass interference. Nicks had been bumped by Williams and seemed to feel the effects of the hit. Nicks did not give a definitive reason for why he wasn't on the field for that throw, as he said he let Murphy take the rep. Nicks sat out a few plays, and after the Murphy blunder some teammates went over to talk to and encourage Nicks, who returned to the game on the next drive and didn't want to talk after the game about what was bothering him.

Shortly after the interception, Nicks appeared frustrated on the sideline, and was talked to by his teammates, including running back Brandon Jacobs.
During that drive, Manning tried to find Nicks in the back of the end zone but the two couldn't connect.

"I think it was just we were talking about the opportunity. My opportunities come far and between, so I like taking advantage of every opportunity," Nicks said. "So I was just getting on myself a little bit."
DRAMA

I wouldn't mind it quite as much if the o-line didn't disappear every fourth quarter. So many drive killing sacks it's unreal. I'd rather have an o-coordinator that's too aggressive than one that's too conservative but Sherman seems to forget about the personnel he's working with from time to time. Even on running plays you'll see stuff like a third and one stretch run with Daniel Thomas that requires John Jerry to pull-block for him. So many things wrong with that picture.

I don't mine it either, better then Tony "field goal" Sparano except they don't know what they are doing, like you said they don't know how to utilize the talent they have, look at how they treated Bush last year, how they keep trotting out Carroll instead of trying the rookies and this from yesterdays game:

@ckparrot 10h

That under-throw of Tannehill's deep left to Wallace at the beginning of the the 2nd quarter...it isn't what people think it is.

‏@ckparrot 10h

Problem more about synched timing and Wallace's fit into Sherman/Philbin's one-size-fits-all passing offense, than it is about an under-throw

‏@ckparrot 10h

Between the shotgun snap, play fake, 3 step drop and hitch step, that ball took too long to get put to a 4.28 speedster like Wallace.

‏@ckparrot 10h

And since it was opposite hash, that just added to the distance, making it all the more difficult, awkwardly timed.

@ckparrot 40m

Over his two year career Tannehill has 44.1% accuracy on deep balls to players other than Wallace. Only 23.5% accuracy deep to Wallace.

@ckparrot 37m

Deep ball problem is less a Tannehill problem than it is a Wallace issue. The timing of the offense is out of sync with Wallace's strength.

This coaching staff still doesn't know how to fit Wallace into this offense which makes what I posted above from Sherman even more ridiculous.

ShaneB

His history books to date have been more focused on local to where most my family is from.

Thats the total list of his stuff. But yea, from upstate NY.

Missed your post earlier, sorry =)

Yeah, not much there that would interest me, let me know if he writes a football book =)

Intersting tidbit on the Eli Manning-Louis Murphy INT

DRAMA

Like I said yesterday. Good luck with your next team, Hakeem. I don't think there's a chance in hell the Giants sign him long term.

When healthy, dude was an absolute monster. I wish that Hakeem was on the field this season.:(

Tannehill needs to take some heat for it. None of those DB's can run as fast as wallace, just throw it way the hell deep and he will do the rest. Worst case scenario you can Flacco it for a PI call.

It's not just the deep balls thought, I forget which game it was (I think Atlanta) where they used Wallace in a bunch of different ways but haven't after that. It was the same issue with Bush last year.

It's not just the deep balls thought, I forget which game it was (I think Atlanta) where they used Wallace in a bunch of different ways but haven't after that. It was the same issue with Bush last year.
He had that great TD on the screen against Indy but every time they've called it since the CB beats the T who's supposed to be blocking and tackles Wallace for a loss. Other than that Wallace seems worthless because he's terrified to make a catch in traffic and he won't fight for a ball thrown in a tight window. I just don't know how else they could use him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom