• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...apa-johns-location-robbed-during-broncos-game

Sounds like a case for the Football Cops

062311_football_cops_t.jpg

Matt McGloin
Passer rating: 105.9
QBR: 59.6
Analysis: As we noted in Studs and Duds, McGloin produced arguably the best performance for an undrafted rookie quarterback in NFL history. That assessment, of course, is based on a limited pool of candidates. In the big-boy picture, McGloin played well in some areas Sunday and struggled in others. He sliced through the Houston Texans defense when it brought standard pressure, completing 14 of 19 passes for 182 yards and two of his three touchdowns. He also completed six of eight passes on first down for 115 yards and two touchdowns. Against the blitz, however, he completed just four of 13 passes, and on third down, he completed five of 12 passes. Those figures aren't unsurprising for a first-time start, and in all, McGloin gave the Raiders plenty to chew on.

Not bad, not bad. Looked like Peyton out there compared to Pryor. Not sure how I feel about a ginger QB tho.

And with their first pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Houston Texans select...

oHImdEc.jpg

Been saying this for a while.

He had that great TD on the screen against Indy but every time they've called it since the CB beats the T who's supposed to be blocking and tackles Wallace for a loss. Other than that Wallace seems worthless because he's terrified to make a catch in traffic and he won't fight for a ball thrown in a tight window. I just don't know how else they could use him.

Yeah that's another issue with him, he won't fight for the damn ball, didn't do it last week against Tampa either, totally worthless.

Edit: Also I'd bet someone like Sean Payton could figure out a way to use him, this coaching staff is clueless.

Spinluck

So yesterday while i was out all day.

I caved and bought a PS4. Im disappointed in myself, cause I was waiting for the infamous bundle. But I'm not disappointed in the PS4 itself. Pretty cool device! Although, I feel like there's not much to play on it.

Only a handful of the games interest me. 2k is absolutely amazing though.

Pats need to find a way to win this week and next week. If they can get a bye for the playoffs they have a shot.

They just need to get lucky health wise. Bye week or not. Have Gronk, Amendola and Vereen all together for the first time on O and have Talib, Dennard, Arrington and Gregory healthy together with DMac.

#LikeKevinGarnettAnythingIsPossible

squicken

Who was it that said Russell Wilson can only throw from outside the pocket? Looks like the Seahawks game plan the last couple of weeks has been to prove that person wrong.

Some defenses are just so putrid this year that all things are possible. Not that I don't like Russell, but Minnesota has been making everyone look good this year

cdyhybrid

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 24s
Among QB's with 200+ pass attempts Russell Wilson is 3rd in NFL in yards per attempt at 8.59. Behind only Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning.

Russell Wilson
Passer rating: 151.4
QBR: 98.5
Analysis: The return of receiver Percy Harvin sparked increased efficiency in the downfield game against the Minnesota Vikings. Wilson completed six of eight passes that traveled at least 15 yards in the air, including one for a touchdown, and averaged a season-high 12.8 yards per attempt. Most interestingly, for the second consecutive week, Wilson threw almost exclusively from the pocket. Just one of his 18 attempts came from outside the pocket, a career low, and he now has only three such throws over the past two weeks. Sunday was Wilson's eighth career game with a QBR of at least 90, the second-highest total in the NFL over that span.

squicken

I know we always say this, but I really can't figure out the league this year. There are so many teams just gutted by injuries, that I don't know if you give them a pass for it or wonder why they can't take their backups and succeed like other teams can.

Seems like their 5 or 6 obvious good teams. Then the middle is really just schedule and injury luck. But then when the Steelers play the Lions, you clearly see that Detroit has awful coaching. It's remarkable how bad DET's defense is with those supposed stud DTs in the middle. Why would you ever pay Suh $15m/yr when he has so little impact on so many games? Or do you assume that changes with better coaching?

Only other competition I can see is Seahawks at 49ers, but they already did 49ers at Seahawks earlier this season and I'm sure Fox would protect that game instead of losing out on it for a 2nd time.

I really see it happening if the Panthers win this game tonight.

That's bad news for us though. The Saints are practically invincible in that dome at night.

squicken

This is an Insider piece from Sando, with a blurb on Big Ben trade rumors.

Those numbers against the Lions suggest Roethlisberger played a smart game. His 81.0 Total QBR score marked a single-game season high. Many teams, including the Steelers, could do much worse than having a guy like Roethlisberger at quarterback. But the idea that 2013 could be his final season in Pittsburgh wasn't news around the league.

"I’ve heard that all year, like quietly that this is his last year and they are going to move on, that they don’t like some of the personal stuff with him off the field," one general manager said after the Steelers and Roethlisberger both refuted reports last week that they have discussed trade possibilities for the veteran quarterback. "I don’t know enough about him, but I think they might be looking to move on. This is a good year for quarterbacks in the draft. It looks like there are going to be five to six guys that, depending on what you are looking for, could have some appeal."

The Steelers have said otherwise at every level of their organization. Sometimes a news story makes enough waves to capsize itself. I wonder if the initial report and subsequent fallout could have a unifying effect for Roethlisberger and the organization.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/mike-sando/post?id=3733

edit:

Same article

The Chiefs get another chance when Denver visits Arrowhead Stadium in two weeks. They'll likely need more offense than they produced Sunday night, but will they ask quarterback Alex Smith to make more enterprising throws? They did not in this game. One coach watching the game said he thought it was clear the Chiefs' coaching staff didn't trust Smith. He pointed to the slant route Smith threw on second-and-17 and the screen that followed on third-and-17. This is hardly a new storyline for Smith, but it's a relevant one in games in which the Chiefs need more points to keep up with a high-powered offense like Denver's.

By the way, Andrew Luck, Brady and Peyton Manning are a combined 7-3 when their opponents score 27 or more points in a game this season. The rest of the league's quarterbacks are a combined 19-98 in those games. That is a high bar to clear.

MechDX

Bob McNair called a meeting for minority owners. Consensus: Kubiak has to go. They weren't sure about Rick Smith. Will he listen to them?

From Jong Granattos Twitter

Good, the more QBs that go in the first round the better the chance that one of those stud LTs actually falls to us :D So if we get Mathews or Lewan and then trade for Rapethisburger, SB contenders? I suppose it would depend what we give up for Big Ben.

cdyhybrid

Good, the more QBs that go in the first round the better the chance that one of those stud LTs actually falls to us :D So if we get Mathews or Lewan and then trade for Rapethisburger, SB contenders? I suppose it would depend what we give up for Big Ben.

I dunno about that. You could take the Niners' place for second in the division, though.

I'm a dad, bros. Healthy mom and 9 lb. 8 ounce little (or big I guess) girl!

Congrats! At least you have a better reason to stay up all night now, instead of nightmares about the Dolphins B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom