• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

I'm a dad, bros. Healthy mom and 9 lb. 8 ounce little (or big I guess) girl!

Congrats on the new addition to the family!

Good, the more QBs that go in the first round the better the chance that one of those stud LTs actually falls to us :D So if we get Mathews or Lewan and then trade for Rapethisburger, SB contenders? I suppose it would depend what we give up for Big Ben.

Matthews ain't sliding past Washington, bruh

mr2xxx

Banned
Redskins still have the Sunday Night game.
redskin-jack-chug-es.jpg

I usually don't watch SportsNation since Cowherd and Beadle are gone, but I cannot stand Marcellus Wiley. Every segment where he talks about the Chiefs being exposed last night makes me wonder if he even watched one Chief game all season. We all knew that the offense is mediocre and the defense held Denver to their lowest scoring game all season. I have no idea how they were "exposed" last night.

Crisco

Banned
Exactly. Kap takes hits like brees did every week. I've never seen that called when the head was not contacted. Absolute trash

I watched a few replays of it from different angles, and while the initial hit wasn't a penalty, it did look like he went on to drag him down by his neck and face mask. I think if this were a playoff game, it probably wouldn't have been called, but it was a penalty by the letter of the rulebook.

Worst part about the Steelers winning streak, is you get all the fair weather Yinzers showing their heads around now.

Show some damn pride even if you're losing.

It's not a shot at anyone specifically, but all fair weather fans. Steelers are just the most recent example.

It's bullshit. If your team's losing, so what. Show some god damn pride and support your damn team. It's sickening seeing such blatant disregard when you have a crappy season when your god damn team has had as many winning seasons as it has.

I'm not just talking about online message boards, even at the bars during the game, or just anywhere.

Browns fans are loyal, we put up with enough losing as it is and we're here supporting our team. That's why no mater how long it takes, a Browns Championship will be worth waiting for.
Even if it's forever :p

I watched a few replays of it from different angles, and while the initial hit wasn't a penalty, it did look like he went on to drag him down by his neck and face mask. I think if this were a playoff game, it probably wouldn't have been called, but it was a penalty by the letter of the rulebook.

No that's not what was called. They didn't call a face mask nor was it a face mask penalty. He didn't drag him down by the neck either. Bullshit call from a rule and general football standpoint but what's done is done. We can't expect any help from the refs or for the game to be called fairly. If you take the position that the refs will fuck you over then you won't be surprised when it happens

squicken

No that's not what was called. They didn't call a face mask nor was it a face mask penalty. He didn't drag him down by the neck either. Bullshit call from a rule and general football standpoint but what's done is done. We can't expect any help from the refs or for the game to be called fairly. If you take the position that the refs will fuck you over then you won't be surprised when it happens

Your game had that fumble out of the end zone and muffed punt. It was a bad call, but if you had won, it would have been fluky. Your offense is garbo and shouldn't be rewarded with wins

http://miketanier.sportsonearthblog.com/colin-kaepernicks-impossible-situation/

Thought this was a good take on things

Miguel

Case is starting. Kubiak probably doesn't even remember putting Schaub in.

Twitter in Houston is about to go down like GAF

Miguel

Case is starting. Kubiak probably doesn't even remember putting Schaub in.

Twitter in Houston is about to go down like GAF

Fake edit: Touché GAF.
YGMajAG.png

Triiiiple post. Falling apart like Kubiak here.

cdyhybrid

Miguel pls

Kubes said he wanted to protect Case, :jnc

So instead he throws Schaub into the fire and sets him up to be even more hated.

I guess McNair told Kubes who will start next week?

Miguel

Miguel pls

Kubes said he wanted to protect Case, :jnc

So instead he throws Schaub into the fire and sets him up to be even more hated.

I guess McNair told Kubes who will start next week?

I think the decision to start case was either Rick Smith or McNair's to begin with. And after yesterday, whichever one made that decision put Kubiak in his place yesterday.

cdyhybrid

If he was going to put Schaub back in it should've at least been on the road. At least that way you don't have your own fans booing your QB.

Miguel

If he was going to put Schaub back in it should've at least been on the road. At least that way you don't have your own fans booing your QB.
I wish rors was here to tell you all about Booliant.

I guess Schaub is cancelling his Thanksgiving plans with right now with ol' Kubes

This is an Insider piece from Sando, with a blurb on Big Ben trade rumors.

edit:

Same article

I'm not sure what to make of the Ben rumor anymore...if it is him contract posturing, if it is the front office getting him to think about settling for less or maybe to play better, or to get the team in general to play better, or if they are seriously considering moving him. I will say, if the idea of them liking QBs in the upcoming draft is true, then why in heck would they waste a pick on Landry Jones? Course, with the recent Colbert/Tomlin draft track record, maybe there was no logical reason behind that. Not much of it makes sense.

In any event, the result so far is that the season isn't totally dead. I still don't want this team to just flirt with an average record and a half-assed playoff spot that means they sit still this coming offseason. They need better players and they need coaching and perhaps front office changes. But my fear is that getting into the dance and eliminated early or almost getting into the dance will make them give another half-assed approach to the offseason like last year. And if Tomlin somehow pulls the miracle and gets them in a deep playoff run, then I'll give him props. Yes, I know the conference blows. But this team has marginal talent and I would have to give him his due for taking lemons and making lemonade. Course, there's 50/50 odds they put up a stinker in Cleveland next week and none of it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom