• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
BZYRaKgCcAAMSah.jpg

Find the penalty
First of all, a clothesline is when an arm moves from a position away from the victim's body TOWARD the neck or head. Putting the arm behind the neck, as seen in the right picture, is not accomplishing this.

It's a question of motion, not position. Call was borderline, but justified in being made.

Tom Penny

Brady and Co are too gangster

Although it was one of the best days of their lives, Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady’s wedding wasn’t such a great day for their former bodyguards. Miguel Solis and Alexander Rivas were found guilty of attempted murder in Puntarenas, Costa Rica Friday (Nov. 15) for firing shots at photographers who were trying to sneak pictures of the power couple’s nuptials back in April 2009

squicken

That's all true but the call was still bullshit

I used to think it was that "running" QBs didn't get those calls, but even Luck takes shots to the head that go uncalled. It is literally a separate set of rules for Brady, Peyton and Brees. Even Rodgers has to deal with the same rules as the crap QBs of the league

So Flynn was signed and he hasn't played? I saw a few nice down field throws by Tolzien, looked pretty good. Flynn going to stay on the bench always?

bionic77

I'm not sure what to make of the Ben rumor anymore...if it is him contract posturing, if it is the front office getting him to think about settling for less or maybe to play better, or to get the team in general to play better, or if they are seriously considering moving him. I will say, if the idea of them liking QBs in the upcoming draft is true, then why in heck would they waste a pick on Landry Jones? Course, with the recent Colbert/Tomlin draft track record, maybe there was no logical reason behind that. Not much of it makes sense.

In any event, the result so far is that the season isn't totally dead. I still don't want this team to just flirt with an average record and a half-assed playoff spot that means they sit still this coming offseason. They need better players and they need coaching and perhaps front office changes. But my fear is that getting into the dance and eliminated early or almost getting into the dance will make them give another half-assed approach to the offseason like last year. And if Tomlin somehow pulls the miracle and gets them in a deep playoff run, then I'll give him props. Yes, I know the conference blows. But this team has marginal talent and I would have to give him his due for taking lemons and making lemonade. Course, there's 50/50 odds they put up a stinker in Cleveland next week and none of it matters.
I don't see us making a playoff run even if we make it. Our defense is just horrible. We can't create pressure, tackle, cover or create turnovers. I don't know how you can disguise that with any amount of coaching when they can't grasp the basics. Unless the young guys suddenly learn how to play football between now and a miraculous January with us making the playoffs it is a lost cause.

It would just take too much luck for us to win a playoff game. Not to say that can't happen (see pretty much every SB winning team for the past 5 years) but I just don't see it.

And there are a shit ton of Ben being traded rumors. But the same shit happened after the rape allegation and they held onto him. Unless you are experimenting with cocaine (i.e. Deacon) it is an incredibly shitty idea to trade a franchise qb away because you will never get anything back that comes close to an equal return unless you get AP and Watt and some picks that turn out to be amazing. The likelihood of that happening is the same as Gata getting a girlfriend or Tom Brady peeing while standing up.

I don't see us making a playoff run even if we make it. Our defense is just horrible. We can't create pressure, tackle, cover or create turnovers. I don't know how you can disguise that with any amount of coaching when they can't grasp the basics.

And yet you guys stopped the best young QB in the NFL and totally shut down the best DL in league history.

Bowser

Grantland: A Guide to Jumping on the Panthers Bandwagon

CAM

I don't understand people who hate Cam Newton.

He stole a laptop when he was 18 years old, and since then the most controversial thing he's ever done is maybe take money to go win a national title at Auburn. And didn't we all decide that NCAA rules are bullshit and athletes should get paid? If Cam actually did get $180,000 for that one year at Auburn, he definitely earned it! And now that he's in the NFL, he has four or five moments every game that blow your mind one way or another.

Sometimes it's a perfect throw across the field that shouldn't seem possible, sometimes it's a run that makes an entire defense look stupid, sometimes it's a GIF of him being freaked out by cannons. However he does it, after all the half-assed character assassinations he's been through over the past four years, watching Cam on a winning team has been one of the best subplots of the season so far.

Fat Mike Tolbert

The Panthers still have DeAngelo Williams to handle most of the carries, but at least a few times every game you'll get Mike Tolbert rumbling through the line of scrimmage and wheezing his way to glory, truck-sticking your defense in the process. It's beautiful.

He's a hero to kinda-chubby people everywhere.

RIVERBOAT RON

He also personifies this whole Panthers season. We were all ready to give up on him (and them) back in July, and then again in October when they were 1-3. Bringing back Ron Rivera for another swing at 6-10 felt like they were forfeiting the season.

He literally hit a crossroad, because superheroes always do. Then he went out and started playing Bill Barnwell football, gambling wherever possible, and generally just flipping a middle finger to haters the world over.

Get onboard while there's still time. Because they're not quite good enough to make you a fair-weather fan, but they're probably good enough to make things fun for the next month or two. Tonight is a great place to start, because even if you can't root for the Panthers, can't we all root against the Patriots?

Amen.

cdyhybrid

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 2m
Dashon Goldson has been suspended again by NFL for illegal hit, per sources

Poor guy. This is clearly Schiano being a bad influence on him.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Case starting next game. Yea, that's not Kubes call at all.

Still smh that he took him out of the game.

Still smh that he's the HC.

Still smh that I put up with this shit.

I don't see us making a playoff run even if we make it. Our defense is just horrible. We can't create pressure, tackle, cover or create turnovers. I don't know how you can disguise that with any amount of coaching when they can't grasp the basics. Unless the young guys suddenly learn how to play football between now and a miraculous January with us making the playoffs it is a lost cause.

It would just take too much luck for us to win a playoff game. Not to say that can't happen (see pretty much every SB winning team for the past 5 years) but I just don't see it.

And there are a shit ton of Ben being traded rumors. But the same shit happened after the rape allegation and they held onto him. Unless you are experimenting with cocaine (i.e. Deacon) it is an incredibly shitty idea to trade a franchise qb away because you will never get anything back that comes close to an equal return unless you get AP and Watt and some picks that turn out to be amazing. The likelihood of that happening is the same as Gata getting a girlfriend or Tom Brady peeing while standing up.

Oh, I completely agree with you. But the teams vying for that last wild card spot are so, so, soooo bad. And some of the division winners have big question marks. So even some of these horrible wild cards will have a punchers chance of at least winning one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom