• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who depends on reviews anyways? See what you like and buy it. Most of the people doing reviews aren't anything like me anyways, the fuck do they know, been playing games for years, practically a domain expert on the deal. Outrageous to give a bunch of feckless douchebag nerds so much power over you. This is supposed to be an enthusiast board with people who are supposed to be the opinion leaders, not to be led.

Anyways...NFL Football, rigged as always. Which teams will they fuck in the playoffs this year I wonder. I only want Peyton to win it all, so he can get the legacy that he deserves. I guess he doesn't has the kingly persona that many expect from a leader because he looks like he pouts when he gets upset. Everybody wants to watch him though, must see tv. Broncos should beat the Chiefs, but I can see them losing somehow if they give up too many turnovers. Still a Colts fan, but they aren't doing anything without Reggie Wayne. That injury really hurt to see.

Most of the league is a bit too mediocre to boot. These games have been really bad. The product is just shit. Thanks Goodell.

As for the Steelers, is their O-line as terrible as everyone says it is? Will I be able to add several tallies to the penalties Detroit's D-line has gathered this season? I need to know!

There's two horrible matchups in this game for the Steelers: The Steelers secondary vs the Lions Passing O and the Steelers O line vs the Lions D line. As to which will be worse, it's tough to say. Steelers can't run the ball and I can't see them getting any push at all against that Dline, so that means Ben and the passing game are key.....there's only one QB sacked more than Ben this year, and that's Tannehill. The Steelers only chance in the game is if the Lions come out flat after a big divisional win last week. And if they can get the Lions to make stupid penalties. Otherwise, I'd be shocked if the Lions don't win this one by at least 7 points.

bionic77

Yet the Jets could and should make the playoffs.

Best thing the Steelers could do is trade Ben to the cards and get Bridgewater.
That was the Steelers would do if they were the Jets.

But panic moves almost never pay off in the NFL.

What the Steelers need to do is draft some good players and get Ben to restructure to a lower contract. A lot of the higher paid guys on our team have underperformed and should be cut and replaced with average free agents while the GM attempts to replace them in FA over the next 2 years.

We are probably done winning Superbowls with this unit but you are only ever two homeruns away in the draft from getting back as long as you have a qb who can win in the playoffs.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
There's two horrible matchups in this game for the Steelers: The Steelers secondary vs the Lions Passing O and the Steelers O line vs the Lions D line. As to which will be worse, it's tough to say. Steelers can't run the ball and I can't see them getting any push at all against that Dline, so that means Ben and the passing game are key.....there's only one QB sacked more than Ben this year, and that's Tannehill. The Steelers only chance in the game is if the Lions come out flat after a big divisional win last week. And if they can get the Lions to make stupid penalties. Otherwise, I'd be shocked if the Lions don't win this one by at least 7 points.

You're neglecting Reggie Bush vs Ryan Clark!

bionic77

Lions are 2-3 TDs better than us unless they play down to us.

These are words no Steelers fan has ever said before. :(

Lions are 2-3 TDs better than us unless they play down to us.

These are words no Steelers fan has ever said before. :(

A one-legged Cutler with the 2nd worst defense in football almost beat them last week. Outside of kas' mind the Lions are far from world beaters.

bionic77

A one-legged Cutler with the 2nd worst defense in football almost beat them last week. Outside of kas' mind the Lions are far from world beaters.
The Steelers are not good enough to play in the NFL and our defense can't stop the run or the pass.

Time to remind you that the Bears defense shut us down and dropped 40 on our defense...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Quite a few awesome games this week, can't wait! :)

Browns/Bengals

My hype level is off the charts right now.

The most meaningful game this deep in the season for me EVER as a Browns fan.

I can't even think about if we get into December and the games still matter.

MY EMOTIONS!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Browns/Bengals

MY EMOTIONS!

As a reminder: Don't run onto the field. James Harrison plays for the Bengals, now.

Harrison_01.jpg

squicken

bionic77

Browns/Bengals

MY EMOTIONS!
We are all with you brother.

Humiliate the Bungles and win this shit division. Then make Campbell into the worst SB winning qb of all time.

Greg

Who depends on reviews anyways? See what you like and buy it. Most of the people doing reviews aren't anything like me anyways, the fuck do they know, been playing games for years, practically a domain expert on the deal. Outrageous to give a bunch of feckless douchebag nerds so much power over you. This is supposed to be an enthusiast board with people who are supposed to be the opinion leaders, not to be led.

Anyways...NFL Football, rigged as always. Which teams will they fuck in the playoffs this year I wonder. I only want Peyton to win it all, so he can get the legacy that he deserves. I guess he doesn't has the kingly persona that many expect from a leader because he looks like he pouts when he gets upset. Everybody wants to watch him though, must see tv. Broncos should beat the Chiefs, but I can see them losing somehow if they give up too many turnovers. Still a Colts fan, but they aren't doing anything without Reggie Wayne. That injury really hurt to see.

Most of the league is a bit too mediocre to boot. These games have been really bad. The product is just shit. Thanks Goodell.
nothing says rigged like a shitty product!

Talon

Hooray, I can login on a computer again!

How's it going, Falcons, Steelers, Giants-GAF loser bros.

Feels bad, man. :( Feels. Bad.

Greg

Hell yeah! Unfortunately that bum Rodgers apparently wants to return for Week 12 though. :mad: Boykin-Tolzien-Lacy future is at risk!!
he's going to trip on the sidelines with that headset on and strangle himself out for the rest of the season

I'm not sure what you're after here yankeehater, but trust me, you aren't going to get it.

Not after anything. Just thought it was funny how one sided you can be is all.

poor yankee thinks the eagles have a shot

I( dont think the Eagles have a shot at all. I would put their chance of winning the SB this year at -10%, just like the Pats. The only difference is the Eagles might be on the way up, whereas the Pats are definitely on the way down.

Browns/Bengals

MY EMOTIONS!

Yep, all of this! Really hoping the Browns pull it off

The only real positive with the new consoles is developers can stop coding crap with 2005-era system requirements in mind. The 360 and PS3 specifications have been holding back gaming since, well, 2005. Uprezzed versions of games running at 60 FPS only takes you so far.

I was hoping to see a fairly sizeable jump in graphics with the One and PS4, but after seeing early videos and reading some reviews...I just don't know. Struggling to hit 1080p in 2013 is hilarious, considering my 560ti can do that with no problems. I'm chalking it up to these being the first wave of games and staying cautiously optimistic that we'll see some big jumps in 2014.

Oh, and the XBone controller will be a nice replacement for my wireless 360 pad.

Godslay

Banned
Have any of you nerds read Gödel, Escher, Bach?

I need someone to tell me if this as fascinating as it seems to me right now or if I'm allowing myself to fall prey to pseudo-intellectual drivel.

I've read large chunks of it. If you lived in the US, I'd send you a copy I've got a couple of them. It's a good read, but my weak monkey brain doesn't quite get everything he's putting out there. It's really a book that I don't think anyone would get on the first read through. Still interesting and worth a shot for 20 bucks, especially if you like riddles, codes, and puzzles. As well as recursion and stuff like that.

http://www.amazon.de/G%C3%B6del-Escher-Bach-Anniversary-Edition/dp/0465026567/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384368776&sr=8-1&keywords=godel+escher+bach

Milchjon

I've read large chunks of it. If you lived in the US, I'd send you a copy I've got a couple of them. It's a good read, but my weak monkey brain doesn't quite get everything he's putting out there. It's really a book that I don't think anyone would get on the first read through. Still interesting and worth a shot for 20 bucks, especially if you like riddles, codes, and puzzles. As well as recursion and stuff like that.

http://www.amazon.de/G%C3%B6del-Escher-Bach-Anniversary-Edition/dp/0465026567/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384368776&sr=8-1&keywords=godel+escher+bach

I'm already reading it, a professor recommended it. I think it's quite awesome so far in the way he's able to tie concepts together and almost effortlessly teaches things that textbooks can make overly complicated. I'm only like 100 pages in though and I'm sure I'm missing a lot of the deeper stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom