• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

3DS is still the king.

Yeah the graphics might suck but no console can touch the games it has.

When I get a PS4 it will just be for FIFA or PES (whichever is better).

Dragon

Banned
Between Knack and Resogun, I kinda chuckled when I saw what the saviors of the launch lineup were supposed to be.

I guess Killzone looks nice.

Saviors? Who said that? Resogun is awesome and free at launch.

But by all means be dismissive!

Knack never looked good. Fanboys marked Cerny a God and hyped the game since his name was associated with it.

It's funny to read the review thread and see posters now trying to distance him from the game.

Talamius

Time to avoid gaming side for a while. Holy hell it's going to be nasty over there.

I normally put zero stock in game reviews but when they start breaking the 7-10 scale in the wrong direction something's up.

Milchjon

Saviors? Who said that? Resogun is awesome and free at launch.

But by all means be dismissive!

I do remember posts claiming that.

And I'm seriously baffled at this point reading GAF's opinions on Xbone vs PS4. What advantages are left? It's not the UI. It's not the controls. It's not the controller. It's not the games, depending on personal preferences. It's not the overall feature set.

That leaves Killzone, $100 and a promise of a future power difference. Whoop-de-doo. It's like none-one on GAF would buy an iPhone because it's not a quad core device and costs a few hundred bucks more.

Lunchbox

Banned
That leaves Killzone, $100 and a promise of a future power difference. Whoop-de-doo. It's like none-one on GAF would buy an iPhone because it's not a quad core device and costs a few hundred bucks more.
lol killzones getting 6s and 7s too

Next gen is here baby

And I'm seriously baffled at this point reading GAF's opinions on Xbone vs PS4. What advantages are left? It's not the UI. It's not the controls. It's not the controller. It's not the games, depending on personal preferences. It's not the overall feature set.

Milchjon... what have you done?

For me it's about first party studios and their output. I am confident the PS4 will have way more games that interest me and I'm more invested in that ecosystem already so it's a no-brainer. Plus I couldn't care less about Kinect and I'll use the Vita functionality a lot.

bionic77

This is huge for gamers dude.

NeoGAF has people who own multiple consoles and buy a shit load of games.

When there are no killer games people are going to gravitate to whichever console is cheaper. That more than anything else carried the day for the Xbox in the US last gen.

I agree the power difference won't be a big deal to most gamers, but if you have half a brain it is insulting to give people a less powerful box and charge more money for it. It hurts to pay more for less. Your iPhone analogy is a shit one because the iPhone is usually the most powerful phone around when it comes out. It just doesn't have a big screen.

Dragon

Banned

If you're going to claiming it, bring them up. It's fucking Knack, it's a boring platformer that has co-op and is the family friendly game for launch.

Resogun is by the same guys that did Dead Nation and Super Stardust HD. I love their games, so sorry you don't?

The featureset is better on PS4, better specs, doesn't require a subscription for almost everything and you're not getting bent over by Microsoft. All great things.

Knack never looked good. Fanboys marked Cerny a God and hyped the game since his name was associated with it.

It's funny to read the review thread and see posters now trying to distance him from the game.

55 points, 610 yards

Talamius

I just don't see a reason to jump into next-gen immediately. If someone asked me which system to get for games available right now (and had a good PC) it'd probably be 3DS first, Wii U second. In a year or so that probably changes, but that's how I feel right now.

This is what happens when people argue about hardware and not games.

55 points, 610 yards

Steelers are a bad football team. It is known.

Now what's also known is that Knack is garbage. So garbage not even the great console warrior Dragon can muster an argument for it!

Dude you're a Nintendo fan, they abandoned the Wii for two to three years at the end of last gen. What are you even talking about?

I'm a gaming fan, (Well, I was).

Though, don't see what that has to do with anything. PS4 launch has a bunch of dud games like any other launch. Deal with it.

Milchjon

Milchjon... what have you done?

For me it's about first party studios and their output. I am confident the PS4 will have way more games that interest me and I'm more invested in that ecosystem already so it's a no-brainer. Plus I couldn't care less about Kinect and I'll use the Vita functionality a lot.

I know I'm being reductive a bit. Sorry for that.

I totally understand the first party bit. I love Naughty Dog's games. And I agree that MS dropped the ball somewhat over the last three years or so.

It's just that I absolutely love some of the stuff MS is doing with the Kinect. It's one of the few things that actually feel next Gen about these consoles. To the point where I'm now thinking about putting 500€ down for a console that has like 3 interesting games. And the launch lineup for the Xbone is arguably superior.

But reading GAF, you'd still think MS was out to kill gaming. There's people I see in every other Xbone thread (our good friend Dragon among them) shitting on every little detail. It's a disconnect between my perception of the facts and GAF's opinion that I'm having an ever harder time to understand.

Sorry for the possible derail. I hope everyone will have an awesome time with their PS4 this week.

Dragon

Banned
So why are you arguing back? If i'm just rambling, ignore me and get on with your life!

We all know you can't though, Sony won't give you your paycheck if you don't.

Because I fucking argue with everyone! Hello, have you met me?

But reading GAF, you'd still think MS was out to kill gaming. There's people I see in every other Xbone thread (our good friend Dragon among them) shitting on every little detail. It's a disconnect between my perception of the facts and GAF's opinion that I'm having an ever harder time to understand.

Sorry for the possible derail. I hope everyone will have an awesome time with their PS4 this week.

Hey Milchjon, if you're going to claim I'm doing something, fucking post examples. This sort of hearsay dismissal of my posts without evidence is maddening. Thanks Pats bro!

Godslay

Banned
I'm a gaming fan, (Well, I was).

Though, don't see what that has to do with anything. PS4 launch has a bunch of dud games like any other launch. Deal with it.

Starting to look like a bunch of duds. Resogun looks decent, but nothing earth shattering. Feels like they are dropping the ball in terms of software.

ShaneB

bionic77

I totally understand the first party bit. I love Naughty Dog's games. And I agree that MS dropped the ball somewhat over the last three years or so.

It's just that I absolutely love some of the stuff MS is doing with the Kinect. It's one of the few things that actually feel next Gen about these consoles. To the point where I'm now thinking about putting 500€ down for a console that has like 3 interesting games. And the launch lineup for the Xbone is arguably superior.

Its called console wars. Put your big boy pants on and leave your brain at home if you want to play.

It's okay man, I get where you're coming from. I think the biggest reason for the reactions you're talking about is all the stuff MS has done in the past few years (and in the past few months, more specifically) to kill the goodwill that they've built up with "gamers." Plus, they are positioning the XBO as a multimedia, do everything type device whereas Sony's message with the PS4 seems to be centered around gaming up to this point. PR goes a long way and I think that's the main thing that has created this anti-MS agenda that you've seen a lot on GAF lately.

I love people suddenly melting down over PS4 game review scores now. Like we didn't know Knack was going to be cheeks or we weren't all buying Killzone for the graphics.

We've thought that the PS4 launch lineup was going to be meh for months now, don't get upset when it actually happens.

In principle, I like the fact that Kinect is forced because then in theory it opens up the game library for Kinect gaming.

In practice though MS has shown that they have absolutely no fucking idea what to do with Kinect, which is why they're hyping up this whole voice remote thing. Why would I want to pay an extra 100 for that?

Eleuin

Both launch lineups are weak.

Dissapointing that reviewers didn't really touch killzine mp but what can you expect from them at this point.

MechDX

Both launch lineups are weak.

Dissapointing that reviewers didn't really touch killzine mp but what can you expect from them at this point.

That is why I am in zero rush to get either. I do have a new console itch and have caught myself looking at Wii U's. But I had a Wii for two years and never played it.

Milchjon

Because I fucking argue with everyone! Hello, have you met me?

Hey Milchjon, if you're going to claim I'm doing something, fucking post examples. This sort of hearsay dismissal of my posts without evidence is maddening. Thanks Pats bro!

Give me a few hours until I'm back in front of my PC, I'm out studying.

I'll PM you then to not derail again.

And if I'm unable to back up my claims, I'll be back in here offering a public apology.

Lunchbox

Banned
Its called console wars. Put your big boy pants on and leave your brain at home if you want to play.

me and dutch are gonna be cyber fucking eachother in Killer instinct, join us bro. ill lend you 5 notes. you can save up a year and pay it back

besides im making back what i spend by flipping my extra ps4

10789825576_529453081d_o.gif

Dragon

Banned
Give me a few hours until I'm back in front of my PC, I'm out studying.

I'll PM you then to not derail again.

And if I'm unable to back up my claims, I'll be back in here offering a public apology.

Haha dude you don't need a public apology. I'm not trying to shame you. I've been outspoken on where MS is going forward. You're in Europe, and a ton of the functionality will not even work there.

I'm not claiming I'm impartial, I don't think I'm bashing them unfairly, I think it's deserved.

ShaneB

The only thing about next gen I'm excited for is the eventual thread topic saying "How to get Xbox One controller working for PC"

bionic77

me and dutch are gonna be cyber fucking eachother in Killer instinct, join us bro. ill lend you 5 notes. you can save up a year and pay it back

besides im making back what i spend by flipping my extra ps4

10789825576_529453081d_o.gif
I am into good games so fuck your Bone and Killer Instinct.

3DS is where its at.

I will probably get a PS4 in a year or so for FIFA or PES and then I can educate you on how not to play.

Honestly I never have time for tv or games so a PS4 would be a huge waste for me. The only "next gen" game that was tempting for me so far was Wonderful 101. But again no time to play.

I'm hyped to walk into Gamestop on the 22nd and pick up my pre-order. Link Between Worlds on my new Zelda 3DS XL? Hell yeah.

I am not a snes alt

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

You expect people to just forgive and forget? Were you here in 2006? It was the same thing then, and all sony did was be extremely arrogant(next gen starts when we say it does?) and release a $600 console. And people were constantly killing them, it was a poor launch lineup a system that cost 200 bucks more and was marginally powerful yet none of the third party games ever showed off this power, almost all the games were better looking/performing on 360. It took years for Sony to get over this with the gaming public and gaffers. The idea that gaf is now somehow pro sony is laughable, as someone that was here in 2006, GAF was killing sony then, just like they are killing MS now.

What MS tried to do was far worse. And why should people believe that they don't eventually still want to do what they said anyway? And they are still launching at a higher price. If the prices were the same, you would see some of that vitriol go away.

The people posting on the gaming side are passionate, very passionate, maybe too passionate, and people in this thread like to make fun of them, as if being super passionate and arguing online about sports like football is somehow less dorky than arguing online about consoles and games.

I don't play too many games anymore, but Sony's first party efforts alone make getting a PS4 worth it to me. And the fact that I can get free games for the same price MS charges just to let you do anything online is cool. Also, all the other apps aren't behind a paywall too, which just irks me.

Mindlog

Killzone sucks and the controller is defective. Pre-order cancelled.
Nah, I'm just going to stick to Resogun and Rebirth.
I am considering picking up an XBOX One a little more now. That shouldn't be hard to do. DR3, Forza 5 and KI are games I could see myself enjoying. Will wait for reviews first.

Watching the gamespot stream. Both XBOX1 and PS4 need to sort their voice commands. It's kind of silly that every other video has someone screwing with the person playing by shouting random shit.

Next-gen Madden is so goddamn poor.

MechDX

GAF crashes right when Deandre Hopkins posts an instagram video of himself masterbating. He does have big hands....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom