• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
schaub is done in houston. Baring injury this year, he'll never play another down as a houston texan.

They aren't tied to him, Rick Smith structured his contract that they can get out of it after this year. There is a cap hit next year if they cut him, but its not near as much if they keep him.

They have $10.5m in dead money next year if they cut him and $7m the following year. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/matt-schaub/

Edit: Jameel Charles had almost his worst games versus Denver last year. All must hope for a repeat even when he is on my fantasy team I ignore completely.

Sounds like me with Peyton and Knowshon starting on my fantasy team. I'm 9-1 now and wouldn't mind one bit if they crapped the bed Sunday night and I drop a fantasy game. :)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls

Huh.... this is me just judging Carroll's tone, but doesn't sound like he's real optimistic that Williams will ever be back
Joy, another blown draft pick. At least we got Michael, Willson, and Bowie. :/

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
They have $10.5m in dead money next year if they cut him and $7m the following year. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/matt-schaub/

Incorrect. I thought I red locally its like 4.5

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/30/texans-can-escape-schaubs-contract-after-the-season/

its 3.5 next year and 7 in 2015. Not that bad, especially since either Case Keenum will be the QB, an undrafted free agent on a rookie contract, or a new first round QB on a rookie contract.

what's going to hurt is JJ watt's contract. He's got one more year I believe, then they can extend him on the rookie deal, but then he's a free agent.
oh and Andre's money that he's continually pushed back to restructure other guys contracts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/30/texans-can-escape-schaubs-contract-after-the-season/

its 3.5 next year and 7 in 2015. Not that bad, especially since either Case Keenum will be the QB, an undrafted free agent on a rookie contract, or a new first round QB on a rookie contract.

what's going to hurt is JJ watt's contract. He's got one more year I believe, then they can extend him on the rookie deal, but then he's a free agent.
oh and Andre's money that he's continually pushed back to restructure other guys contracts.

Yeah they save $4m, I misunderstood and thought that you were talking about the dead money. I wonder if they would really cut a guy who could be a serviceable backup just to save $4m?

MechDX

Kubiaks comments today are for distraction purposes. Notice no one in Houston is talking about Hopkins penis suddenly?

Watt has one more year of contract. Then one year of club option followed by two years of the franchise tag. They will extend him but there is time

Cap situation will be ok. OD, Antonio will not be resigned. Schaub will be released. Manning may be released. Frees up a lot of cap space.

All this is moot though until the HC spot is decided

bionic77

Anyone checking out that Madden stream on PS4? Animations still look like complete trash.
Game has been trash for awhile. I jumped ship and went to video game soccer.

Also :lol at the same people who were calling Kaep out as the greatest qb of all time after 14 games now shitting on him.

bionic77

Anyone checking out that Madden stream on PS4? Animations still look like complete trash.

Also :lol at the same people who were calling Kaep out as the greatest qb of all time after 14 games now shitting on him.

squicken

Just the football media. CAR is getting universal ball washing this week. Either of their fumbles get recovered on their last drive and it is "same old Panthers"

Can't even trust advanced stats now. Teams are getting a huge defensive bump for beating the Packers now. Giants got a big bump defensively for shutting down the Barkley led Eagles. This season is the ultimate reason why football will always be an eyeball test sport

Looks like the Chiefs added to their collection of garbage ex-Niners by signing Kyle Williams. He can line up and offer absolutely nothing just like Jenkins and Chad Hall.

Someone should've told John Dorsey to stop after he picked up Marcus Cooper.

effzee

Maybe this will be repetitive but what do you guys actually play Madden for? The best possible NFL/football simulation experience in videogames right? Why do the graphics matter so much? As long as the graphics aren't offensive who cares?

My biggest complaint is the commentary or the drop in framerate. Or improving the online experience.

Graphics/animation don't bother me that much. I mean the camera angle we all play at doesn't even allow for attention to graphics.

Just the football media. CAR is getting universal ball washing this week. Either of their fumbles get recovered on their last drive and it is "same old Panthers"

Can't even trust advanced stats now. Teams are getting a huge defensive bump for beating the Packers now. Giants got a big bump defensively for shutting down the Barkley led Eagles. This season is the ultimate reason why football will always be an eyeball test sport

Yup, you look at teams like the Pats, Colts, Seachickens, Chiefs and a few key plays would change their records completely. Same with stats, for example the Pats got a huge boost offensively thanks to he Pitts game even though they have been bad on offense all season.

effzee

Same way the same media types told everyone to expect the Eagles offense to be run one way and one way only (basically the same as Oregon's offense) and the minute it looked, felt, and ran different they started saying how disappointing or bad it is.

Maybe this will be repetitive but what do you guys actually play Madden for? The best possible NFL/football simulation experience in videogames right? Why do the graphics matter so much? As long as the graphics aren't offensive who cares?

My biggest complaint is the commentary or the drop in framerate. Or improving the online experience.

Graphics/animation don't bother me that much. I mean the camera angle we all play at doesn't even allow for attention to graphics.

To me the animations and oline play huge deal breakers, I don't care about graphics I'm currently playing Madden 12 on my Vita but the only reason I have it is because a friend got it for me otherwise I wouldn't waste my money on that game, they need to quit messing around and revamp their entire engine top to bottom. I won't spent a dime on it until they take a serious try at fixing all that crap.

I cant wait to try Madden out on the XB1. I played a ton of Madden 06 and that game was barebones as possible.

bionic77

I want next gen physics (which we did not get last gen), improved gameplay and good AI.

ShaneB

I don't even care much about the graphics, heck I play a lot of Madden 08 on PC right now, and it looks completely fine for me. [/spoiler]Lonely though, wish it was easy to find an online game when I wanted to play[/spoiler]

I would love top notch physics and animations more than anything.

Lunchbox

Banned
I want next gen physics (which we did not get last gen), improved gameplay and good AI.
I bet you also want a team that can make the playoffs, that doesn't get humiliated by letting in most points in team history and a QB that doesn't suck dick

it's nice to want things, but be real it's not happening

JABEE

Big disappointment for me. I switched out Madden for AC4. I didn't trust EA when they didn't release any real footage. Seems like I was right to mistrust them.

bionic77

I bet you also want a team that can make the playoffs, that doesn't get humiliated by letting in most points in team history and a QB that doesn't suck dick

it's nice to want things, but be real it's not happening
Right on all accounts except the dick sucking.

Ben gets his dick sucked both with and without consents. Being dickless Tammy's only option is to suck.

Lunchbox

Banned
Big disappointment for me. I switched out Madden for AC4. I didn't trust EA when they didn't release any real footage. Seems like I was right to mistrust them.
most first party games, even the shitty ones like knack and ryse are 30-40gb installs, so is nba 2k

the ea sports ones are around 9-12gb

take it as you will

effzee

Define next gen physics.

I know the game isn't perfect but I see improvements in the AI. The way the CBs/LBs play in this years game is completely different than a few years ago. Now you can't just throw passes willy nilly off balance off your back foot. Maybe it isn't much to others but the game def does feel a lot more realistic (sim wise) than what we started off the gen with. I doubt the PS4 and XBONE versions are actually different this year. I bet next year is when we really see any dramatic improvements or a brand new engine.

All in all its pretty hard to drastically revolutionize a game that is based around a sport. You can only tinker with the AI and possibly improve graphics. But the meat and potatoes is actually borrowed from the real game.

most first party games, even the shitty ones like knack and ryse are 30-40gb installs, so is nba 2k

the ea sports ones are around 9-12gb

take it as you will

This thread and the Giant Bomb PS4 unboxing video both say that it is only 16mb. My guess is that EA just isnt doing mandatory full game installs like everyone else is.

bionic77

Define next gen physics.

I know the game isn't perfect but I see improvements in the AI. The way the CBs/LBs play in this years game is completely different than a few years ago. Now you can't just throw passes willy nilly off balance off your back foot. Maybe it isn't much to others but the game def does feel a lot more realistic (sim wise) than what we started off the gen with. I doubt the PS4 and XBONE versions are actually different this year. I bet next year is when we really see any dramatic improvements or a brand new engine.

All in all its pretty hard to drastically revolutionize a game that is based around a sport. You can only tinker with the AI and possibly improve graphics. But the meat and potatoes is actually borrowed from the real game.
Go play FIFA on 360 or PS3 for an example of next gen physics. On every play it feels like anything can happen. The AI is still shit but I don't get that feel in Madden. Still feels like the same old shit. I want a game that feels a lot more dynamic. Too much of Madden feels like canned animations.

Godslay

Banned
So guys, who pulls out the W this weekend, Broncos or Quiefs?

I've got a bet going with a coworker KC fan and he's been going on and on since the offseason about how good they were going to be. I need this win.

A chicken bowl and bragging rights are at stake.

Reassure me brehs.

We'll have to earn it, but I think we come away with a win. Now that you bet a chicken bowl on it, it might go the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom