• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
I'm already reading it, a professor recommended it. I think it's quite awesome so far in the way he's able to tie concepts together and almost effortlessly teaches things that textbooks can make overly complicated. I'm only like 100 pages in though and I'm sure I'm missing a lot of the deeper stuff.

Yeah, it gets better or worse depending on how you look at it. Actually started listening to fugues because of that book.

jmdajr

. I'm chalking it up to these being the first wave of games and staying cautiously optimistic that we'll see some big jumps in 2014.

Compare Perfect Dark Zero with Gears of War just a year apart. I have no doubt things are going to be amazing down the road.

Miguel

uR0YxEX.png

uR0YxEX.png

uR0YxEX.png

uR0YxEX.png

GIVE ME MY SHIPPING NOTICE, AMAZON!

What Steelers Lions depends on is if the Steelers stop the run.

If they can't do that, Lions will score 35+ points.

Similarly, if the Steelers can't get that run going, Ben isn't going to make up for it.

I rarely watch the Lions so I have no idea how good their D Line is against the run but NFL.com has them as a top 10 unit giving up 100.7 YPG. They can be run on. By the Steelers? Doubt it, but we'll see.

Maybe it's just me, but i'm not afraid of Stafford. Steelers Secondary is much maligned this year but they are still good at shutting down #1 Receivers and I don't think Stafford can get it done if Megatron is removed. Will it happen that way though? We'll see.

Indianapolis at Tennessee: If Locker were playing, I might have picked Tennessee.

Washington at Philadelphia: NFC Shanahanigans.
NY Jets at Buffalo: Geno train keeps on rolling.
Baltimore at Chicago: McCown will steal all of Cutler's cookies.
Cleveland at Cincinnati: Kave be happy!
Detroit at Pittsburgh: Detroit solidifies their NFCN lead
Atlanta at Tampa Bay: At this point, I trust TB more than Atlanta.
Arizona at Jacksonville: lol Jacksonville.
Oakland at Houston: As long as Rackers stays off the field, Houston's got this.
San Diego at Miami: Poor Dolphins, so many lofty dreams.
San Francisco at New Orleans: San Francisco will find a way to bounce back.
Green Bay at NY Giants: Giants begin their NFCE push.
Minnesota at Seattle: lol Minnesota at Seattle.
Kansas City at Denver: Tough game, but I think Denver will pull it out by going no huddle and not allowing the defense to set. Gimp ankles and all.

New England at Carolina: Riverboat Ron and CAMMMM, starring Kuechly and his band.

My online name for all consoles/steam is the same as my GAF name. futurevoid.

Add me as you wish.

The reviews for Knack are heavily disappointing but I'm sticking with it. Reviews haven't ever swayed me on a game I've been interested in before and it won't start now. Worse case, if it does suck - it's easy enough to sell off.

ZombiU got 4's and 5's and I fucking loved so yeah.

Now if only Amazon would get my PS4 charged and shipped.:D

Miguel

10770121_gal.jpg

"You think you're suffering right now? Huh? You got no idea what suffering is."

I don't get my PS4 shipped, and I mean real soon, you better DDoS yourself, because when I log on to you, I'm gonna take my goddamn time. By the time we're finished, you're gonna wish you weren't registered! I'll have your site on a fucking pike, do you understand me?

bionic77

What Steelers Lions depends on is if the Steelers stop the run.

If they can't do that, Lions will score 35+ points.

Similarly, if the Steelers can't get that run going, Ben isn't going to make up for it.

I rarely watch the Lions so I have no idea how good their D Line is against the run but NFL.com has them as a top 10 unit giving up 100.7 YPG. They can be run on. By the Steelers? Doubt it, but we'll see.

Maybe it's just me, but i'm not afraid of Stafford. Steelers Secondary is much maligned this year but they are still good at shutting down #1 Receivers and I don't think Stafford can get it done if Megatron is removed. Will it happen that way though? We'll see.
The only way we win is if two things happen. Stafford plays the worst game of his life AND the Lions defense and offense commits at least 5 stupid penalties that stop their drives and help keep ours alive.

Otherwise the talent gap is too much for us to make up. Reggie in particular if he is healthy is going to look like Barry fucking Sanders against our defense. Timmons is the only guy athletic enough to tackle him and he can't be everywhere at once.

The Panthers are bringing back LB Dan Connor as well as signing an unspecified o-lineman this afternoon.

Also this:

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 23m
Belichick on Carolina: Glad we have a little bit of extra time for them because we need it to prepare for them.

Hoodie is shook

The Panthers are bringing back LB Dan Connor as well as signing an unspecified o-lineman this afternoon.

Also this:

Belichick on Carolina: Glad we have a little bit of extra time for them because we need it to prepare for them.

Hoodie is shook

Belichick shook?

looool. naw bruh

The only way we win is if two things happen. Stafford plays the worst game of his life AND the Lions defense and offense commits at least 5 stupid penalties that stop their drives and help keep ours alive.

Otherwise the talent gap is too much for us to make up. Reggie in particular if he is healthy is going to look like Barry fucking Sanders against our defense. Timmons is the only guy athletic enough to tackle him and he can't be everywhere at once.

I don't believe that for a second. Lions do have better talent at key positions but they're not a dominant team like you're implying. Shy of the Pats game, Steelers have been in every game they've played this year (even in the Pats game, it got out of hand in the 3rd quarter after the Steelers tied it).

Where i'm worried about this game is on offense. The run is coming, but it's slow than a motherfucker since the o-line can't get any continuity, and when the run game is shit, Ben is shit.

Crisco

Banned

Also this:

Hoodie is shook

Hmmm, hope this doesn't mean Blackburn is done.

Lol the butthurt from the Killzone Review Thread is really funny. Fighting off my boredom at work.

I just hope it is really good. I aldready bought it so no turning back. I remember KZ2 getting some mixed scores and that was one of the best games this gen so I am not to worried.

Some Raider news, Veldheer (Hulk Smash) is back at practice today, though no one expects him to play this week, and also Pryor is not practicing with his knee banged up. I think they are gonna sit him in part to see what McG can do with this offense.

Expect the Raiders to be a slumpbuster for the Texans this week.

Lol the butthurt from the Killzone Review Thread is really funny. Fighting off my boredom at work.

What's worse is that most of them haven't even played a demo yet, let alone the game. I really liked KZ3 and loved KZ2 so I know I'll enjoy KZSF, why get worked up over someone else opinion lol

"Soooomewheeeere, over Dwayne Bowe, way up HIGH."

I thought about renaming my fantasy team from Von Miller High Life, but it's just not the same. All my sources (read: the Internet) indicate that Bowe will definitely be starting Sunday night. The Chiefs and the NFL are apparently going to let the court handle this, and his court date isn't for a bit.

That's not to say he'll make a bit of difference. The dude has amazing hands and great size, but he has little speed to get open and Alex Smith doesn't consider him a primary option. He's basically become a glorified decoy and pulls a defender or two on deeper routes while we dump off to Charles or Fasano on short outs.

Still, I'd rather have him on the field than off it. I want both teams to be at full strength for this one.

bionic77

I thought the Dreamcast had an amazing launch. Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur, Powerstone, NFL2K!

The Feels. The feels.
It was the last great launch that I can remember. They have all been kind of garbo since then.

Best launch games in my lifetime were NES (Super Mario) and N64 (Mario 64). Both of them blew your minds the first time you played them. We are overdue for another launch experience like that.

He can have that "honor" when he can pry it from Dilfer's cold dead hands.
JCamp is up for the challenge.

I already know how the story ends. 10 seconds left in the game. It is 4th and 8 on the Seahawks 15 yard line. Campbell throws the ball 2 yards shy of the first down marker in the middle of the field and somehow Barkevarius Emperius Big Dick Mingo catches the ball and evades 15 tacklers to lead the Browns to their first SB (also the first sign of the apocalypse).

And yes I know Mingo plays defense but as we all learned in the football documentary Waterboy you gotta have your best players on the field at the end of the game!

SUPREME1

Banned
So guys, who pulls out the W this weekend, Broncos or Quiefs?

I've got a bet going with a coworker KC fan and he's been going on and on since the offseason about how good they were going to be. I need this win.

A chicken bowl and bragging rights are at stake.

Reassure me brehs.

bionic77

I don't believe that for a second. Lions do have better talent at key positions but they're not a dominant team like you're implying. Shy of the Pats game, Steelers have been in every game they've played this year (even in the Pats game, it got out of hand in the 3rd quarter after the Steelers tied it).

Where i'm worried about this game is on offense. The run is coming, but it's slow than a motherfucker since the o-line can't get any continuity, and when the run game is shit, Ben is shit.
The run game has been shit all year and if you really want to get specific has been shit for years.

Ben has honestly played pretty well. He was kind of ass for the first game or two, but once he realized he was not getting any help from his receivers, coaches, running backs or offensive line he kind of adapted his game a bit and has played about as well as you can expect considering how shitty our team has been.

The run game has been shit all year and if you really want to get specific has been shit for years.

Ben has honestly played pretty well. He was kind of ass for the first game or two, but once he realized he was not getting any help from his receivers, coaches, running backs or offensive line he kind of adapted his game a bit and has played about as well as you can expect considering how shitty our team has been.

Ben has been just as awful, holding onto the ball an 3 yard slant routes and getting sacked in field goal range. You have to take what you're given, and Ben still isn't content with that.

You're right though - run game has been terrible for years. It's no coincidence though that the 3 games the Steelers won have all had decent running yardage from the backs.

Hunter S.

"Soooomewheeeere, over Dwayne Bowe, way up HIGH."

I thought about renaming my fantasy team from Von Miller High Life, but it's just not the same. All my sources (read: the Internet) indicate that Bowe will definitely be starting Sunday night. The Chiefs and the NFL are apparently going to let the court handle this, and his court date isn't for a bit.

That's not to say he'll make a bit of difference. The dude has amazing hands and great size, but he has little speed to get open and Alex Smith doesn't consider him a primary option. He's basically become a glorified decoy and pulls a defender or two on deeper routes while we dump off to Charles or Fasano on short outs.

Still, I'd rather have him on the field than off it. I want both teams to be at full strength for this one.
Pretty much agree he is not the biggest loss. Though a little quick math does say that he accounts for almost 15 % of the Chiefs yards per game. Only gets about four catches/game. A lot of teams lost players due to off the field actions so it is not too surprising the Chiefs eventually joined the party.

bionic77

Ben has been just as awful, holding onto the ball an 3 yard slant routes and getting sacked in field goal range. You have to take what you're given, and Ben still isn't content with that.

You're right though - run game has been terrible for years. It's no coincidence though that the 3 games the Steelers won have all had decent running yardage from the backs.
You are being too hard on Ben.

He played more than well enough to win against the Vikings and Raiders when the line was literally giving him no support. Our LT play has been a horrible joke all year. I don't know how you are supposed to run a real NFL offense as a right handed qb when your LT can't even get his hands on the defender half of the time.

Like I said he is playing about as well as you can with the support we are giving him. If the team doesn't choke against the Vikings and Raiders we are 5-4 and right in the mix for the division. And if Ben didn't choke against the Titans and Bengals we are 7-2! I know this is the math that Kas uses when he talks about the Lions but still!

Now I have go to court. Later bitches.

Patriots7

Also this:

Hoodie is shook
He also said TB is a great team and Schiano is a great coach...

I'm way too worried about the Panthers game that I forget we play the Broncos the following week. :(
We're losing one of the two

Milchjon

I involuntarily roll my eyes every time I hear someone unironically refer to NFL games as "the product."

Referring to everything from games to sports to food as "the product" seems to be a deeply American thing that has been weirding me out for months now. I guess it's mainly a business thing, but watching something like How It's Made or Modern Marvels or Food Tech is made much weirder by it.

Not only am I rooting for my Broncos to win this week, but I'm also rooting for a Cleveland and Carolina victory. Think both teams are more than capable of pulling off those wins. Right now, I'm just going to focus on the Chiefs. If Denver's O-line -- aka Franklin and Clark -- doesn't show up...

He also said TB is a great team and Schiano is a great coach...

I'm way too worried about the Panthers game that I forget we play the Broncos the following week. :(
We're losing one of the two

No fucking way are the Pats losing one of their next 2 games.

they are losing both

Trey

Why do ex-teammates keep taking shots at Aaron Rodgers? Saturday called him a product of the system

Perhaps he's not very likable. I haven't been following the Packers closely enough to know the vibe the team and its players give off.

squicken

"Y'all miss me?" Gary Kubiak asked reporters Wednesday in his first meeting with the media since a mini stroke forced him to step aside as coach of the Houston Texans.

Kubiak fully expects to man the sideline Sunday against the Oakland Raiders, taking back the reins of a team that's lost seven straight but shown moxie behind second-year quarterback Case Keenum.

Keenum's chemistry with Andre Johnson has produced this year's sixth-best quarterback-receiver combination, but Kubiak announced that he isn't ready to commit to the upstart passer just yet.

"He has to continue to play well to stay in there," Kubiak said, per the Houston Chronicle.

The coach hasn't given up on Matt Schaub, who morphed into an interception machine this season before giving way to Keenum. Kubiak said Schaub "is playing really hard" and wants back on the field before the season closes.

After Kubiak and his assistants reportedly have "frustrated" Houston's front office this season, inserting Schaub back into the lineup would be a major buzzkill.

In an otherwise lost campaign, the Texans have found something special in Keenum. We doubt Schaub is part of the plan going forward in Houston. If Kubiak botches this decision, he might not be, either.

no words

Hunter S.

So I am assuming Bowe never has tested positive before for a controlled substance. Unless their is positive tests that were not reported before Bowe might not miss any games. His time to quit before being a Von perhaps.

Edit: Jameel Charles had almost his worst games versus Denver last year. All must hope for a repeat even when he is on my fantasy team I ignore completely.

rando14

The Schaub situation for the Texans totally sucks. I think Keenum is their QB moving forward, but iirc Schaub is owed quite a bit of money and the Texans' hands with him are pretty tied. From at least a PR perspective, I'd expect them to say that about Schaub ("we havent given up hope") though I really doubt he plays too much of a role unless Keenum somehow totally nosedives. I'm really curious to see what they ultimately do with schaub.

Godslay

Banned
So I am assuming Bowe never has tested positive before for a controlled substance. Unless their is positive tests that were not reported before Bowe might not miss any games. His time to quit before being a Von perhaps.

Edit: Jameel Charles had almost his worst games versus Denver last year. All most hope for a repeat even when he is on my fantasy team I ignore completely.

He has a PED violation. Different policy though, so he's only likely to get a 1 game.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
The Schaub situation for the Texans totally sucks. I think Keenum is their QB moving forward, but iirc Schaub is owed quite a bit of money and the Texans' hands with him are pretty tied. From at least a PR perspective, I'd expect them to say that about Schaub ("we havent given up hope") though I really doubt he plays too much of a role unless Keenum somehow totally nosedives. I'm really curious to see what they ultimately do with schaub.

schaub is done in houston. Baring injury this year, he'll never play another down as a houston texan.

They aren't tied to him, Rick Smith structured his contract that they can get out of it after this year. There is a cap hit next year if they cut him, but its not near as much if they keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom