• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Ed Reed lead that locker room rebellion against Harbaugh last year. No way they'd bring him back, even if he didn't suck

Bowser

Ed Reed stats per PFF

Snaps: 275
Rank (out of 86): 73
Overall Raiting: -6.3
Pass Rush Rating: -0.3
Coverage Rating: -1.6
Run Rating: -2.9
Penalty Rating: -1.5

Other Notes
He is the only Safety, with at least 25% snaps, to have 100% of passes thrown at him caught by the receiver. QB's throwing at him have a perfect 158.3 Rating.

He allowed the 4th longest catch at 64 yards.

Targeted the most out of any Safety in the league when in coverege

I think you'd be better off throwing a corpse out there in your secondary. At least it accidentally might make a receiver trip.

Lebatard show being attacked by text messages saying that last night every time Tannehill said GO at the line it was a pass and every time he said GO GO it was a run. Lebatard says that is impossible, this is hilarious.

Syrinx

Lebatard show being attacked by text messages saying that last night every time Tannehill said GO at the line it was a pass and every time he said GO GO it was a run. Lebatard says that is impossible, this is hilarious.
Wouldn't be surprised, seeing as how we completely neutralized the running game, and that the snap counts weren't fooling anybody all night.

squicken

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/12/did-roethlisberger-trade-rumor-come-from-steelers/

Did Roethlisberger trade rumor come from Steelers?

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger continues to talk about the report that he could ask the team to explore trade options after the season ends. Even though he doesn’t want to.

“I’m tired of it,” Roethlisberger told 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh on Tuesday. “It upsets me. I have no idea where it came from, and I wish I could find out where it came from because it’s so stinking upsetting. It just fires me up. Where do people make this stuff up from?”

Here’s an idea. What if the Steelers leaked the report to create an offseason market for Roethlisberger, in the event the Steelers need a viable Plan B to extending his contract?

Consider the specific report from Ian Rapoport of NFL Network: “Steelers sources expect Big Ben to ask them to explore trade options after 2013. They fielded offers for him last offseason. Could again.”

Steelers sources. Not sources close to Roethlisberger. Steelers sources.

“I’d retire before I’d accept a trade,” Roethlisberger said Monday, via Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “I mean, it would have to be something really, really unbelievable for me to even consider it.”

Here’s something that Roethlisberger possibly would regard as “really, really unbelievable.” With the Steelers needing cap space and Roethlisberger having only two years remaining on his deal and Roethlisberger due to make $12.1 million in 2014 and $11.6 million in 2015, the Steelers will need to extend his contract after the season, and they quite possibly will offer Roethlisberger something far less than he thinks he’s worth.

In Roethlisberger’s mind, that could be “really, really unbelievable.”

Think about the potential gap between Roethlisberger’s perceived value and the team’s assessment of it. He regards Patriots quarterback Tom Brady as the best quarterback in the game because he has three Super Bowl wins. This implies that Roethlisberger regards himself as tied for No. 2 along with Giants quarterback Eli Manning, since they each have two.

The top of the market for quarterbacks currently exceeds $20 million per year. Guys who have won one or zero Super Bowls are making that much or more. Ben isn’t. Ben may very well want to be.

Indeed, during his Tuesday appearance on 93.7 The Fan, Roethlisberger danced around the question of whether he’d take less to help the team and stay in Pittsburgh.

“I’m so ignorant when it comes to that stuff,” Roethlisberger said. “I do what my [agents] tell me and obviously I’ll have my input for thing. But I’m so ignorant to those things. Honestly, my job is to play football.”

If Roethlisberger and/or his agents decide that he wants to be paid commensurately with men who have achieved less than he has and if the Steelers decide not to offer that kind of money, the Steelers will need a viable alternative. And if the Steelers are receiving offers in the offseason for Ben, an alternative path emerges.

Now that the story has emerged, the end result will be the same as if the Steelers launched an auction for Roethlisberger’s services. And the Steelers will have plenty of leverage, because their official position remains that they want to keep him.

Sure, they want to keep him. But not at the level of compensation he’ll want to receive under a new contract.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It is November 12th, and the Browns are still "in the hunt".

Today is alright.

I know and even crazier its an actual in the hunt and not one of those "if we run the table and every team above us loses in very precise ways we got this"

Tom Penny

Uh oh Richie Gronkowski

Via TMZ, Gronkowski was attending an event at Bar Louie in Foxboro on Sunday night, doing a Q&A with fans as the Patriots enjoyed their bye. After an Asian man wearing a Gronkowski jersey danced in front of him, Gronkowski, who was holding a microphone, fist-bumped the man and said, “They told me he could only cook fried rice.” He then referred to the man as “Leslie Chow,” an apparent reference to actor Ken Jeong‘s character in “The Hangover.”

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Won't miss old man Reed's washed up game. Worthless signing.

bionic77

LOL Lebatard is starting to believe. Holy shit we have been tipping if we are passing or running for weeks now. WTF fire everyone.
Between the Steelers, Giants, Dolphins and Bucs the NFL is going to be responsible for a big bump in the unemployment numbers for the 4th quarter.

effzee

How did you find that out already? I hope Fox in LV shows the Eagles game this week.

Well I just checked the guys just to see and as of now it says 1pm Redskins @ Eagles.

I think its been predetermined for a while since FOX has the double header this week with the Giants originally slotted for SNF but now moved back to 425pm (FOX).

squicken

Not the Giants. They've won three in a row getting the Freeman/Barkley/Pryor Trifecta.

Next up they get Tolzien, and still have 3 games against WAS and DAL awful defenses. SD, SEA and DET are tough, but only SEA is a definite loss. They could win the NFCE at 7-9

Lunchbox

Banned
I watched Aladdin again for some reason. man is it awesome, so much depth in the jokes that you didn't get as a kid that still holds up. now I wanna watch Hercules and lion king 2

90s 2d Disney movies were so much better than this Pixar crap

a whole new world :')

I watched Aladdin again for some reason. man is it awesome, so much depth in the jokes that you didn't get as a kid that still holds up. now I wanna watch Hercules and lion king 2

Early 90s Disney was the best Disney.

I have a huge soft spot for Hercules. One of my favorites. Woods as Hades is awesome.

Aladdin talk....in here?

tumblr_mtd59smXRb1qkiyi1o1_500.gif

Awesome!

Gruden said during the broadcast that the Fins were tipping their snap count, but man this is so much worse. I cant believe an NFL coaching stuff could do something this dumb so it must not be true.

Lunchbox

Banned
Aladdin talk....in here?

tumblr_mtd59smXRb1qkiyi1o1_500.gif

Awesome!
Gilbert gottfried as the parrot is the best and robin Williams doesn't over act as the genie either.

watching that just put me in a good mood. remembering the better times where we weren't bitter cynics about every fucking thing from video games to eminems shitty album

I'm gonna go buy a 90s Disney collection. it's like doing drugs that takes you to a better place

Nope, it's all about Emperor's New Groove.

tumblr_mt0tugyPch1sf5sa6o1_500.gif

I like you.:)

I never watched the sequel but had to get it as part of the two pack on Blu-Ray. They didn't sell the original by itself. Tells you how much Disney gives a fuck about the movie.

EDIT: Bucs update:

Rick Stroud @NFLSTROUD 27m

Bucs coach Schiano says RB Mike James is out for the season with a broken left ankle.

Too bad:(

EDIT2: Foster goes to IR as well:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 1m

Official ---> RT @HoustonTexans: The Houston Texans have released FS Ed Reed & placed RB Arian Foster on IR. #Texans

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I think you'd be better off throwing a corpse out there in your secondary. At least it accidentally might make a receiver trip.

who is this in reference to? I mean you don't include a name, nor a link for a source.

Include a damn link for a source, seriously.

Narag

Need an Aladdin blu-ray release so bad.

I like you.:)

I never watched the sequel but had to get it as part of the two pack on Blu-Ray. They didn't sell the original by itself. Tells you how much Disney gives a fuck about the movie.

Boom Baby!

Also, yes, although Kronk's New Groove is actually worth watching, as all the voices are back. Sure it's not anywhere near the first, but If you like Patrick Warburton (and how can you not) it's worth the 80 minutes it will take from you.

Oh, and more Eartha Kitt. :)

ivtZ3onrQHCmz.gif

Gruden said during the broadcast that the Fins were tipping their snap count, but man this is so much worse. I cant believe an NFL coaching stuff could do something this dumb so it must not be true.

It's be obvious all year and they even asked Philbin before the pats game if this was an issue and he said no he didn't think it was.... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom