• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

aQVFpfi.gif

Lion King and Aladdin 4 and 5?! Clearly 1 and 2 man.

Outside of Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke I think Pinocchio is the greatest animated film ever made.

The level of detail and effort that was put into every frame of animation is close to unmatched(The Thief and the Cobbler may be the only other film that I've seen that level of detail). Bambi would be higher on my list if it wasn't for the fact that they had a horrible transition between a moment of sadness and the third act that completely ruined the pacing for the rest of the film.

I love the style of Lady and the Tramp. It perfectly captured 1920's Midwest Americana and does it with such a vivid style that Its entrancing, like a watercolor painting. It was also the first animated Disney to be filmed in 2.66:1 and the movement of the characters felt so real and they filmed it in such a way that made you feel as if you were watching a play.

Lunchbox

Banned
Outside of Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke I think Pinocchio is the greatest animated film ever made.

The level of detail and effort that was put into every frame of animation is close to unmatched(The Thief and the Cobbler may be the only other film that I've seen that level of detail). Bambi would be higher on my list if it wasn't for the fact that they had a horrible transition between a moment of sadness and the third act that completely ruined the pacing for the rest of the film.

I love the style of Lady and the Tramp. It perfectly captured 1920's Midwest Americana and does it with such a vivid style that Its entrancing, like a watercolor painting. It It was also the first animated Disney to be filmed in 2.66:1 and the movement of the characters felt so real and they filmed it in such a way that made you feel as if you were watching a play.

it all depends on the themes you relate to

you're a jets fan so you lie to yourself about ever winning a Super Bowl so Pinocchio, bionic is overweight so he likes beauty and the beast. gata is poor he likes prince and the pauper, I was destined to inherit what is rightfully mine. and now I have to get my kingdom back (my trustfund) by getting trained by temon and pumba (my college) but scar(video games) is trying to hold me back.

Dutch is a Brony so bamby

Milchjon

you're a jets fan so you lie to yourself about ever winning a Super Bowl so Pinocchio, bionic is overweight so he likes beauty and the beast. gata is poor he likes prince and the pauper, I was destined to inherit what is rightfully mine. and now I have to get my kingdom back (my trustfund) by getting trained by temon and pumba (my college) but scar(video games) is trying to hold me back.

:jnc

fuck you

bionic77

I know a savings account with 500 bucks in it is a fortune in Detroit but in the first world we usually don't consider that to be a "trust fund".

I know a savings account with 500 bucks in it is a fortune in Detroit but in the first world we usually don't consider that to be a "trust fund".

I had a customer that had a trust fund and received about 1200 a month, went a bought a bmw, we repo'ed it a few months later. So sad.

Jeff-DSA

Guys, this embarrassing loss to the Buccaneers is a good thing. It's one step closer to getting Jeff Ireland fired. We need that to happen first, and then we can move on.

Bowser

haha kinda wish we would have kept Mitchell after seeing that

Mitchell has actually been a real find. He brings speed, toughness, and physicality to the defense. He's played really well and is tied for the team lead in interceptions. Hope we resign him after the season.

Guys, this embarrassing loss to the Buccaneers is a good thing. It's one step closer to getting Jeff Ireland fired. We need that to happen first, and then we can move on.

I hope Philbin gets fired and then Reggie can bring him to Oakland to be the OC. Doesn't seem cut out to be a HC.

Mitchell has actually been a real find. He brings speed, toughness, and physicality to the defense. He's played really well and is tied for the team lead in interceptions. Hope we resign him after the season.

Yeah I'm surprised he is playing so well. Wish we would have kept him.

Fox318

But he is a Parcells guy. Everybody knows Parcells is the best football guy ever.

WedgeX

Banned
Go easy on us.

The evil lady had no compassion but I am hoping fatso slows down once you are up by 20.

I make no promises. My dad was born in Pittsburgh and remains a Steelers fan first and foremost so I cannot hate y'all too much.

Reggie update!
iRg6sgBLdsdMe.jpg

exarkun

I never doubted that Reggie Bush would be a great running back in the nfl. Fuck all the haters, he was trying to go for the jugular in the Rose bowl on that backwards pass.

Fox318

I never doubted that Reggie Bush would be a great running back in the nfl. Fuck all the haters, he was trying to go for the jugular in the Rose bowl on that backwards pass.

I don't know.

The dolphins run game looked elite yesterday with both yards gained.

MechDX

Eric Edholm @Eric_Edholm
Follow
Source: Former #Giants practice-squad safety Jawanza Starling is off to Houston to sign a contract with #Texans, take Ed Reed's roster spot.

FUCK YOU GIANTS!! Superbowl!!!

Von Miller is awesome. This is from profootballfocus.com

They rate each player and give them a plus/minus ranking. 0.0 is decent.

Von Does It Again

It often feels repetitive singing the praises of linebacker Von Miller every week, but it was once again well-deserved Sunday. He was unblockable in the running game as he showed an amazing combination of slipperiness and power when getting off blocks. It felt as if every time San Diego ran the ball, Miller had already beaten his man by the time the running back took the ball at the mesh point, whether they were running Miller’s way or not. Early in the game he did a nice job working off San Diego fullbacks as he drew a holding penalty on John Phillips when he lined up in the backfield and later used a spin move to shed Le’Ron McClain to get in on a tackle for a 3-yard gain. He also had his way with right tackle D.J. Fluker as he snuck inside him right off the snap at the 4:22 mark of the first before standing him up in the backfield on a run with 10:38 to go in the second. While Miller dominated in the run game to the tune of a +4.6 grade, he also got into the act as a pass rusher picking up five hurries and a sack on his 31 rushes. His +5.8 overall grade led the way for the Broncos defense for the third straight week since returning from suspension.

Godslay

Banned
Nobody is picking the Chiefs to win in Denver? Probably a safe bet, but living in Colorado I'm hoping for an upset. It would be a full up meltdown with tears and gnashing of teeth.

I'm one of ~10 Chiefs fans in an office building of 2,500 people. None of has been talking any trash in Broncolandia, but today people were putting up all these passive-aggressive signs outside their office doors and cubicles. The best one I saw had Peyton Manning saying, "Not even being hurt is going to stop me from shutting these Chiefs fans the hell up."

The insecurities...

If they lose there might be a meltdown for a week, similar to how some reacted to losing to the Colts. Big deal. I can't speak for every Bronco fan, and neither can you.

What I can say is that from the very beginning of this season, I have always said, just get to the playoffs, be healthy and show up (assumes making it) in the playoffs win or lose. I don't care about divisional crowns (we piled those up the last two years what is it good for?), I don't care about stat records, I don't even care about home field advantage.

Just get there, and play your asses off. If it results in a Superbowl, great. If not, throw the season in the dumpster with all the other aborted seasons, and move on to the next one.

I do love how you act like we are afraid to lose a game or two. We've lost Superbowls, and badly, we lost in a gut-wrencher last year. Nobody enjoys it, but we still come back quarter after quarter, game after game, year after year supporting our team.

Even if the Broncos lose to the Chiefs in the next game, it doesn't define the season, nor does it end it (unless Peyton is injured obviously). But yeah man, go ahead and label it insecurities for all I care.

Taking a page out of your book we are the underdogs. The media might be selecting us, but according to you record trumps all 9-0 > 8-1. So if you have faith in your team, that should bring you solace as it did in the victory against the Bills. That should guide you against all these pesky Bronco fans projecting their insecurities.

If they lose there might be a meltdown for a week, similar to how some reacted to losing to the Colts. Big deal. I can't speak for every Bronco fan, and neither can you.

What I can say is that from the very beginning of this season, I have always said, just get to the playoffs, be healthy and show up (assumes making it) in the playoffs win or lose. I don't care about divisional crowns (we piled those up the last two years what is it good for?), I don't care about stat records, I don't even care about home field advantage.

Just get there, and play your asses off. If it results in a Superbowl, great. If not, throw the season in the dumpster with all the other aborted seasons, and move on to the next one.

I do love how you act like we are afraid to lose a game or two. We've lost Superbowls, and badly, we lost in a gut-wrencher last year. Nobody enjoys it, but we still come back quarter after quarter, game after game, year after year supporting our team.

Even if the Broncos lose to the Chiefs in the next game, it doesn't define the season, nor does it end it (unless Peyton is injured obviously). But yeah man, go ahead and label it insecurities for all I care.

Taking a page out of your book we are the underdogs. The media might be selecting us, but according to you record trumps all 9-0 > 8-1. So if you have faith in your team, that should bring you solace as it did in the victory against the Bills. That should guide you against all these pesky Bronco fans projecting their insecurities.

but when peypey gets to the playoffs he loses... so that kind of sucks for broncos fans

Godslay

Banned
Von Miller is awesome. This is from profootballfocus.com

They rate each player and give them a plus/minus ranking. 0.0 is decent.

Von Does It Again

It often feels repetitive singing the praises of linebacker Von Miller every week, but it was once again well-deserved Sunday. He was unblockable in the running game as he showed an amazing combination of slipperiness and power when getting off blocks. It felt as if every time San Diego ran the ball, Miller had already beaten his man by the time the running back took the ball at the mesh point, whether they were running Miller’s way or not. Early in the game he did a nice job working off San Diego fullbacks as he drew a holding penalty on John Phillips when he lined up in the backfield and later used a spin move to shed Le’Ron McClain to get in on a tackle for a 3-yard gain. He also had his way with right tackle D.J. Fluker as he snuck inside him right off the snap at the 4:22 mark of the first before standing him up in the backfield on a run with 10:38 to go in the second. While Miller dominated in the run game to the tune of a +4.6 grade, he also got into the act as a pass rusher picking up five hurries and a sack on his 31 rushes. His +5.8 overall grade led the way for the Broncos defense for the third straight week since returning from suspension.

I read that last night, he's starting to play very well, and you can even see it reflected in other players stats. One thing that was interesting and encouraging is that San Diego has given up 12 sacks all year up to that game, and gave up 4 to Denver. I found that impressive myself. So Denver alone accounts for 25% of their sack total.

but when peypey gets to the playoffs he loses... so that kind of sucks for broncos fans

He's gone all the way before. I have faith that if healthy, he could do it again. As for losses sucking, sure. A person can't look in the rearview mirror all their life, or they will never see the road ahead.

BY6FJQkCIAE_f5d.jpg

look at this fucking garbage. do we not have sight adjustments or hot reads when unblocked blitzers are coming? horrible... and that goes for kap, our receivers AND our coaches

Godslay

Banned
they aren't biting today boys. pack up the equipment!

That was supposed to read rearview. Dammit!

Everyone trots out the playoff choker 9-11 stat, but fails to mention he's gone all the way. So I know he's capable of winning a Superbowl, which is good enough for me, and warrants my faith in him.

Some may argue bubububu Flacco, but fail to mention he played elite last year.

Everyone trots out the playoff choker 9-11 stat, but fails to mention he's gone all the way. So I know he's capable of winning a Superbowl, which is good enough for me, and warrants my faith in him.

Well I'm rooting for you now that Miami is on fire and on full nuclear melt down.

i am actually a peypey fan and think he is a top 3 QB of all time even with the playoff failings. felt like the colts should have been the team of the decade but had some odd losses where maybe you could give peyton some blame but shit like caldwell calling a timeout for the jets when they had none is just one of many headscratchers throughout the years

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
BY6FJQkCIAE_f5d.jpg

look at this fucking garbage. do we not have sight adjustments or hot reads when unblocked blitzers are coming? horrible... and that goes for kap, our receivers AND our coaches

:jnc Holy shit at that coverage.

Harbro probably understands that Kaep isn't smart enough to get the concept of hot routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom