• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

TheFatOne

Great win by the Pats. Denver doesn't scare me at all if the Pats have to play them in the playoffs. Even if it's in Denver. What scares the hell out of me though is the run defense. It's garbage, and if I could personally cut Vellano I would. The NFL as a whole is garbage, and just bad enough the Pats might be able to get a 1 or 2 seed. Perfect

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Gata got a nice bounce back today with Jags and Pats win

Makes up for that other Flolorida team yesterday

image.php

Great win by the Pats. Denver doesn't scare me at all if the Pats have to play them in the playoffs. Even if it's in Denver. What scares the hell out of me though is the run defense. It's garbage, and if I could personally cut Vellano I would. The NFL as a whole is garbage, and just bad enough the Pats might be able to get a 1 or 2 seed. Perfect

Cut Vellano and replace him with who? He's been serviceable as a DT but you can't expect him to replace what Wilfork did to the T

Godslay

Banned
You really think Manning has such limited control? Do you think he was on the sideline saying "We need to run more" and the coaches were ignoring him? Sabotaging him, even, by putting pass personal on the field. Why would coaches purposely defy his wishes?

You are getting a bit hyperbolic here. You do understand that there are plays that he cannot audible out of? Plus if you have the wrong personnel on the field you are not going to audible into something that doesn't make sense.

Manning does have more control than most QBs, but to say he has complete control isn't true. Play calls start at Gase, and go to Manning. Options are limited at that point. Control opens up a bit in the hurry up, and is completely scripted on opening drives.

Look at when Peyton wants to go for it on say a 4th down. Does he say, "Hey fuck you Gase and Del Rio, nobody stops the PeyTrain?". I don't think so. There is still a chain of command here.

squicken

Yeah someone that can play defense will get you before the Broncos have to play you. Your run defense is so terrible. Even poor running teams are going to gouge them

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The entirety of the NFL is filled with frauds. Every single team has a weakness. I do think that either the Saints or Seachickens are going to ride homefield to the SB, but then get smoked by the AFC representative because of it being outdoors in the cold.

Some guy in the cfb thread is rocking that as an avatar. :jnc

rando14

The entirety of the NFL is filled with frauds. Every single team has a weakness. I do think that either the Saints or Seachickens are going to ride homefield to the SB, but then get smoked by the AFC representative because of it being outdoors in the cold.

Curious, what's the chickens weakness?

From what I gather, it's the team as a whole that choked away the game. Can't say I'm surprised. Need to get this fixed come playoff time, or else they're headed for another Baltimore situation, plain and simple. Still believe the Broncos can do it, just need to learn.

zero_suit

Nah, NFC>AFC.

RyanDG

We're 9-2 and still have a playoff spot. Keep the faith, brother.

I'm trying but here's where I'm sitting at right now...

The Broncos receivers are one of the best receiving cores in the league, but they are not dealing with the fact that cornerbacks are going to be allowed to be physical with them. Instead of fighting for the damn ball, they are giving up on plays, looking for flags. This wasn't just tonight, but has been a trend since the Indy game. I don't know if its a situation where the referees are being looser with their calls, or if with the early success for the Broncos at the beginning of the season, they are just expecting it to be easier... But whatever the reason, we need to see some follow through. Go fight for the damn ball.

Secondly, this is the second big game under the new regime that has shown that Manning or the offensive coordinators for the Broncos, just do not know how to put in a dagger in this league. When its 24-0, and you have the best offense in the league, there is no excuse for what happened on the field today. Some of it was flukey, but regardless, as I stated earlier in this thread, this is a go for the throat league. If you don't put people away, they are going to fight back.

Thirdly, I've accepted the fact that Manning is not the same QB in the cold. I've tried to look for excuses, but his passes lack crispness, his timing is off, and finally, he makes some really shitty calls. As a result, this offense is not the same in the cold. Unfortunately, the Broncos defense is not good enough to make up for the differential, and even with homefield advantage, we are talking about homefield in Denver, Colorado. It's great the Moreno has stepped up like a boss this year, but he's injury prone, and needs someone to be able to relieve him. Between Ball, Anderson, and Hillman, there is no one the Broncos can trust right now.

Finally, I'm fucking jealous of Tom Brady. As much as I hate his fucking smirk, and every time I see him, I hope he gets a sharp pointy stick in the eye, I have to admit that Brady > Manning. Its not all about numbers, its about getting the damn job done when its on the line, and Manning is just not as fucking ruthless about it as Brady is. And this is coming from someone who will openly admit that there are three teams that I truly hate in the NFL... The Raiders, the Chargers (fuck Philip Rivers), and most importantly, the Patriots.

Gah!

With that all being said, I'm completely confident that we will get the #1 seed in the playoffs. And then end up exiting in the second round at home, when we have a subpar offensive performance where nothing seems to go right. Oh, of course we'll make it interesting of course, but when the game is finally on the line, there is going to be a fumble, a pick, or a stupid penalty, that puts the game out of reach. Book it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah, sucks that both our teams play indoors. :(

We can't win outside the Kingdome!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yeah, sucks that both our teams play indoors. :(

We can't win outside the Kingdome!

When is starts snowing in Seattle, the entire city shuts down. Let's check the forecast for the Super Bowl:

The Farmers’ Almanac’s official forecast for February 1st -3rd states “Intense storm, heavy rain, snow, strong winds."

Tabris

No DRC was absolutely huge for us. They really should have had Champ Bailey on the roster just incase with Rahim Moore out.

squicken

The Ravens will become the Ravens soon. and Flacco will become Flacco soon, which is scary yes. One team I don't wanna face in the playoffs!

Flacco is only scary b/c he can get that one prayer ball a game that wins it. It's their defense that allows him to suck for 95% of the game that wins games for them, as it has his whole career

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
When is starts snowing in Seattle, the entire city shuts down. Let's check the forecast for the Super Bowl:
You do realize how much a specific day weather forecast months in advance is worth, right?

But let's say they call it. It's a good thing that we're playing football, not NASCAR. Seattle would be totally fucked for sure.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
You do realize how much a weather forecast months in advance is worth, right?

But let's say they call it. It's a good thing that we're playing football, not NASCAR. Seattle would be totally fucked for sure.

It's the Farmer's Almanac, bro. Never wrong!

Top Bottom