• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

TheFatOne

Cut Vellano and replace him with who? He's been serviceable as a DT but you can't expect him to replace what Wilfork did to the T
I didn't mean to make it sound like the pats should cut him now. Just meant that I wish I could personally be the person who does cut him if the pats cut him.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I didn't mean to make it sound like the pats should cut him now. Just meant that I wish I could personally be the person who does cut him if the pats cut him.

They should have a special giveaway for Hard Knocks where one lucky fan gets to be the turk.

Godslay

Banned
Yeah but I was here during the blowout. Blame Tabris.

Really though, the Tabris stuff gets old. I don't care that he roots for Mannings, the guy shows up and posts. That's my ire with it, I/we could easily call out fairweathers all over the place, but I don't. Like SpinDasher said, nobody sticks around for the shit storm. So if you want to dish it out, I guess I'm game. Don't want to do it that way, but it is what it is.

Tabris

You know how I'm dealing with this loss? Looking at these images:

Since 07, it feels so good!

Champ.jpg

Eli-Manning-Super-Bowl-46-MVP.jpg

Eli+Manning.jpg

tombrady_4thquarter_react_ap_380px_020512.jpg

Dragon

Banned
Really though, the Tabris stuff gets old. I don't care that he roots for Mannings, the guy shows up and posts. That's my ire with it, I/we could easily call out fairweathers all over the place, but I don't. Like SpinDasher said, nobody sticks around for the shit storm. So if you want to dish it out, I guess I'm game. Don't want to do it that way, but it is what it is.

Yeah but he disappears for 26 minutes at a time. How can you trust he's a real fan?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

I don't do a lot of shit talking, it just makes you look like a fool in the end most of the time, but obviously this thread it's all in good fun. That being said, if you're gonna dish it out, especially the way he did, you better be ready to take it.

Tabris

Yeah but he disappears for 26 minutes at a time. How can you trust he's a real fan?

I came back and took my licks when Pats took the lead and then won in OT. I was literally just on the edge of my seat and I had quickly ran to the store during half so I was a couple minutes late.

Dragon

Banned
You guys want to talk shit that people disappear during the game? Be my guest.

No I don't really care for that level of accountability in the NFL thread. Defending Tabris is asinine though, even for you.

I came back and took my licks when Pats took the lead and then won in OT. I was literally just on the edge of my seat and I had quickly ran to the store during half so I was a couple minutes late.

Dude I was making fun of him for another post.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You guys want to talk shit that people disappear during the game? Be my guest.

They're not talking shit about that, they're talking shit right back at the guy who was ridiculous during the game. Who cares if somebody doesn't post during an extended period of time? The game is on, who the fuck wants to be sitting at their computer when they have friends over and are focused on THE GAME. You sound real salty right now.

I'm trying but here's where I'm sitting at right now...

The Broncos receivers are one of the best receiving cores in the league, but they are not dealing with the fact that cornerbacks are going to be allowed to be physical with them. Instead of fighting for the damn ball, they are giving up on plays, looking for flags. This wasn't just tonight, but has been a trend since the Indy game. I don't know if its a situation where the referees are being looser with their calls, or if with the early success for the Broncos at the beginning of the season, they are just expecting it to be easier... But whatever the reason, we need to see some follow through. Go fight for the damn ball.

Secondly, this is the second big game under the new regime that has shown that Manning or the offensive coordinators for the Broncos, just do not know how to put in a dagger in this league. When its 24-0, and you have the best offense in the league, there is no excuse for what happened on the field today. Some of it was flukey, but regardless, as I stated earlier in this thread, this is a go for the throat league. If you don't put people away, they are going to fight back.

Thirdly, I've accepted the fact that Manning is not the same QB in the cold. I've tried to look for excuses, but his passes lack crispness, his timing is off, and finally, he makes some really shitty calls. As a result, this offense is not the same in the cold. Unfortunately, the Broncos defense is not good enough to make up for the differential, and even with homefield advantage, we are talking about homefield in Denver, Colorado. It's great the Moreno has stepped up like a boss this year, but he's injury prone, and needs someone to be able to relieve him. Between Ball, Anderson, and Hillman, there is no one the Broncos can trust right now.

Finally, I'm fucking jealous of Tom Brady. As much as I hate his fucking smirk, and every time I see him, I hope he gets a sharp pointy stick in the eye, I have to admit that Brady > Manning. Its not all about numbers, its about getting the damn job done when its on the line, and Manning is just not as fucking ruthless about it as Brady is. And this is coming from someone who will openly admit that there are three teams that I truly hate in the NFL... The Raiders, the Chargers (fuck Philip Rivers), and most importantly, the Patriots.

Gah!

With that all being said, I'm completely confident that we will get the #1 seed in the playoffs. And then end up exiting in the second round at home, when we have a subpar offensive performance where nothing seems to go right. Oh, of course we'll make it interesting of course, but when the game is finally on the line, there is going to be a fumble, a pick, or a stupid penalty, that puts the game out of reach. Book it.
I agree with a lot of what you're saying. We've got a lot of problems we need to fix in time for the playoffs. After watching this game it's not hard to see why you feel this way. We haven't really played a good full game of football all year long. We either look great in the 1st half and play like complete shit in the 2nd or vice versa.

This team has to figure it all out soon or we're in big trouble.

Godslay

Banned
I don't do a lot of shit talking, it just makes you look like a fool in the end most of the time, but obviously this thread it's all in good fun. That being said, if you're gonna dish it out, especially the way he did, you better be ready to take it.

Pot meet kettle. There was so much shit talking about Tabris disappearing, but pretty much all of Patsland disappeared when they were down. So to talk shit about disappearing is somewhat hypocritical. Fine with me if people don't want to post, but don't make it a point to call people out on posts, unless you want to be held to that standard yourself.

The entirety of the NFL is filled with frauds. Every single team has a weakness. I do think that either the Saints or Seachickens are going to ride homefield to the SB, but then get smoked by the AFC representative because of it being outdoors in the cold.
How does HoFlynn factor into this calculation???

Trey

The only gaping hole in the Broncos is their secondary. And even that tightened up when it came down to the wire at the end of the fourth quarter and OT. The remainder comes down to consistency and cosmetic stuff that you can't count on being optimal week in and week out.

Still got the best offense in the league.

TheFatOne

Chandler Jones is a freak. Thought he had an excellent game. Looked like he had to play a lot of DT towards the end of the game. Edelman has been great all season. The defense played well. They obviously can't stop the run but that is a bodies issue. Like the pats chances if they get a bye.

Draconian

NFL GAF needs to kneel at Brady's altar and beg for forgiveness after all the crap they've been talking about him this year after this game.

Godslay

Banned
The only gaping hole in the Broncos is their secondary. And even that tightened up when it came down to the wire at the end of the fourth quarter and OT. The remainder comes down to consistency and cosmetic stuff that you can't count on being optimal week in and week out.

Still got the best offense in the league.

Live by the turnover, die by the turnover.

Tabris

Manning just hadn't had enough practice in cold weather. The more he gets used to it, the better he'll get. I'm not worried. He'll have it addressed before the Meadowlands.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Another thing I take from this game is the reminder that Welker at the end of the day just isn't what this team needed anymore. Don't get me wrong I'd take him over Danny since at least he'd be on the field, but he still just makes too many crucial errors, and he's definitely lost a step or two at this point. He's good don't get me wrong, but he shrinks in big moments too often.

I was here when the Pats were down. It was when they started to come back I didnt post much.

Anyways, holy shit we won!!!!!!

I hear you man, I hear you. Game definitely lived up to the hype with the turnovers and the comeback and lucky for the me and the rest of the Pats fans, it is a happy ending.

I'm just glad we won, don't care for the stats and all and I am happy to take the win over anything else any day.

I hope these two meet in the AFC Championship game again, always good to watch these to QB's play, great stuff.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Broncos and Pats are almost the same team expect Denver has a better pass rush and wide receivers.

Meh... Pats have a damn good secondary when healthy, much better than the broncs. Only place they really have the advantage unfortunately. Pats receivers are terrible.

Bread

Banned
i was here the whole time watching you guys post, suck it godslay!

ok but seriously, i missed like 3 and a half quarters (at a concert in boston) but i caught the rest at a bar and god damn that was a great finish. can't wait to see the highlights.

gg godslay

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Manning just hadn't had enough practice in cold weather. The more he gets used to it, the better he'll get. I'm not worried. He'll have it addressed before the Meadowlands.
You'd think that after 12 trips to the offseason Peyton's had enough practice in the cold as anyone could ever have.

Another thing I take from this game is the reminder that Welker at the end of the day just isn't what this team needed anymore. Don't get me wrong I'd take him over Danny since at least he'd be on the field, but he still just makes too many crucial errors, and he's definitely lost a step or two at this point. He's good don't get me wrong, but he shrinks in big moments too often.

Wekler got extra Kraft money to throw that game.

Top Bottom