• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

Tabris

Broncos and Pats are almost the same team expect Denver has a better pass rush and wide receivers.

Could not be more wrong. Broncos have a fantastic run defence but extremely poor secondary. Their pass rush has only been good for last couple of games, otherwise it didn't exist before Von Miller got his form back. Our wide receivers are fantastic but are struggling with borderline coverage tactics (they need to get more physical). Your tightends are much better (JThomas looks really good because of Manning but he's no Gronk). Our coach isn't as good, but that's made up by Peyton's football IQ over Brady.

Chandler Jones is a freak. Thought he had an excellent game. Looked like he had to play a lot of DT towards the end of the game. Edelman has been great all season. The defense played well. They obviously can't stop the run but that is a bodies issue. Like the pats chances if they get a bye.

Chandler has been amazing. Ryan seems good too and I hope Talib doesn't get injured again. Secondary for the Pats is ways ahead than what it used to be and the defense overall has improved a lot, obviously we need to have less injuries. Imagine if Wilfork and Mayo are in the game as well? Good stuff right there.

Another thing I take from this game is the reminder that Welker at the end of the day just isn't what this team needed anymore. Don't get me wrong I'd take him over Danny since at least he'd be on the field, but he still just makes too many crucial errors, and he's definitely lost a step or two at this point. He's good don't get me wrong, but he shrinks in big moments too often.

I don't agree. I know that he made few "have to catch it" drops, especially the Superbowl one with the Pats but he does make tons of clutch catches as well. Obviously the ones he dropped stand out more because that is when the fans get hurt most when the team loses. He is just good and would take him over anyone else any day, sad the Pats couldn't work it out with him.

Godslay

Banned
i was here the whole time watching you guys post, suck it godslay!

ok but seriously, i missed like 3 and a half quarters (at a concert in boston) but i caught the rest at a bar and god damn that was a great finish. can't wait to see the highlights.

gg godslay

GG Bread. Almost didn't recognize you with that avatar.

Could not be more wrong. Broncos have a fantastic run defence but extremely poor secondary. Their pass rush has only been good for last couple of games, otherwise it didn't exist before Von Miller got his form back. Our wide receivers are fantastic but are struggling with borderline coverage tactics (they need to get more physical). Your tightends are much better (JThomas looks really good because of Manning but he's no Gronk). Our couch isn't as good, but that's made up by Peyton's football IQ over Brady.
So basically they're the Miami Heat of football, except the post-season success?

Patriots7

Meh... Pats have a damn good secondary when healthy, much better than the broncs. Only place they really have the advantage unfortunately. Pats receivers are terrible.
I can't figure out how I feel about Arrington. Right when I'm about to wish physical harm upon him, he does something great, so I leave perplexed.

Talib is good, DMC is great, but Dennard is way too inconsistent for my liking.

I never left!

You know how I'm dealing with this loss? Looking at these images:

gu2yZQs.jpg

FTFY

I'm feeling in a particularly cruel mood.

Godslay

Banned
Good thing the Superbowl isn't won in November. I can rest easy knowing that. Good night all. Plenty of football left in this team, I look forward to the rematch.

Good thing the Superbowl isn't won in November. I can rest easy knowing that. Good night all. Plenty of football left in this team, I look forward to the rematch.

No it's won in December and January and Februart, when the weather is even colder. Too bad for Peyton's noodle arm.

Godslay

Banned
No it's won in December and January and Februart, when the weather is even colder. Too bad for Peyton's noodle arm.

Enjoy the win while you can cause when Brady retires, RG3 is still going to suck ass, and you'll be back slobbin some other teams QB.

Now I'm going to bed.

Big-E

The outdoors is the reason why Brady's career is more impressive than Manning's. Manning played the vast majority of his career indoors and his division has warmer temps than Brady. Something that should always be in consideration when talking about these two players, especially since the NFL is a league where you don't play everybody.

Tom Penny

That game was insane. Coldest tailgate. Worst half I've ever witnessed. Best comeback I've seen. Kicking to Manning in OT? I can't even register it all now.

LJ11

Marrone's been asked several times about arm strength and how important it is in bad weather. He doesn't think arm strength matters as much as some tend to believe. He emphasized throwing a tight spiral and hand size as the biggest factors. Harder to throw a tight ball with smaller hands, or at least that's his experience, so QBs with bigger hands can be more successful in tougher whether because they're able to grip the ball really well and throw a tight spiral.

Manning's never thrown the prettiest ball, even in his prime some of his best throws wobbled into Wayne or Harrison's hands. Wonder how big his hands are. Russell Wilson has huge paws and throws one of the tightest spirals in the league.

Or maybe none of this shit matters...food for thought at the very least.

Big-E

Marrone's been asked several times about arm strength and how important it is in bad weather. He doesn't think arm strength matters as much as some tend to believe. He emphasized throwing a tight spiral and hand size as the biggest factors. Harder to throw a tight ball with smaller hands, or at least that's his experience, so QBs with bigger hands can be more successful in tougher whether because they're able to grip the ball really well and throw a tight spiral.

Manning's never thrown the prettiest ball, even in his prime some of his best throws wobbled into Wayne or Harrison's hands. Wonder how big his hands are. Russell Wilson has huge paws and throws one of the tightest spirals in the league.

Hand size has to matter. A lot harder to throw a tighter spiral on a CFL ball than an NFL ball at least in my experience.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Did you watch any of the Gray Cup? Those qb's threw some amazing balls. Tight spiraled lasers. Guess you have to in order to succeed in Canada.

Highlights here: http://www.cfl.ca/

squicken

In their last two games vs IND and CHI, the Rams have 80 points, forced 8 turnovers, have 3 D/ST scores, 400 yards rushing, and Clemens has 20 completions.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, the Rams had 213 rushing yards before contact against the Bears, the most by any team in a game this year.

Going back to the SEA game, and the Rams are averaging 189 yards rushing/gm. We'll see how that goes vs SF

Milchjon

Gonna read the whole thread now.

Told myself not to be too gleeful. Did Peyton really only have 150 yards on 36 attempts?

squicken

Any new news on Stacy? I heard he had a concussion at the end of the 1st half

Yeah. He'll just have to go through the protocol and see how he responds. STL had three players suffer a concussion vs CHI. Will be a bit dubious if they all are eligible to play just a week later

Boose

I don't know who I'm supposed to root for tomorrow night.
On one hand fuck the niners but I also want a better pick.

:(

squicken

I don't know who I'm supposed to root for tomorrow night.
On one hand fuck the niners but I also want a better pick.

:(

Gotta root for the draft pick. Maybe if the Rams had a legit shot at the playoffs I'd root for WAS, but there's just no way that's going to happen. Schedule is too tough

oh you. your defense is dreadful vs the run. I said before the game that New England would gash the Broncos b/c Denver's defense is terrible. Just didn't think it would take so long. I like neither team to win the AFC. Have to play better defense than either team is capable of

e: And the AFC and the AFCE in particular do suck. The Jets nut fumbled today ffs

brady.gif

Hell of a win by the Patriots! Loved seeing Brady's fire again down the stretch, should have been PI on the 1st OT drive.

I found this comment on the game pretty funny

"The Broncos took a 40 minute shower and missed the second half of the game! (old spice whistle)"

Top Bottom