• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

squicken

The Rams haven't had a positive point differential this late in the year since 2003! Don't think it will last, but neat for now

Still can't believe that William Gay got to smash Campbell with no call. One of the most crooked looking things in sports that hasn't involved FIFA

Milchjon

823857128.gif

<3

oh you. your defense is dreadful vs the run. I said before the game that New England would gash the Broncos b/c Denver's defense is terrible. Just didn't think it would take so long. I like neither team to win the AFC. Have to play better defense than either team is capable of

e: And the AFC and the AFCE in particular do suck. The Jets nut fumbled today ffs

Yeah, our run D has suffered. That's what happens when Wilfork and Kelly are out and you have to play unknown rookies. Bummer, because our run defense wasn't that bad in the past few years.

Edit: After reading up, there's one thing I wanna add:

FUCK YOU TABRIS

Gonna watch the Grey Cup highlights now.

Tiger-Cats vs. Roughriders. You Canadians are adorable.

Those are some badass team names.

And here is my response:

"Pats fans need to stop living in the past, the time is now"

The way that played out, I can only assume Kave is a Hamilton fan.

Some enjoyable plays in there. I like those running starts.

Lewis Hamilton is trash but Vettel is the worst. (I know this isn't what you were talking about)

Wes

venison crêpe
My liege, the preparations are complete, let the tank begin with a loss in Jacksonville next week. Slowly move ourselves into the top 3.

I don't think we'll end up top 3 unfortunately. One can only hope. I think we'll end up 6-10 and around pick 7.

I dunno, for me the only reason the loss sucked so much was because we rushed out to that 24-0 lead. I was fully expecting the Broncos to lose the entire way, just didn't expect the defense to start out so strong.

I mean, literally everything I thought to happen was completely opposite to start the game.

1. Brady would style all over the secondary
  2. Denver wouldn't be able to establish a run game
  3. New England would force turnovers

And then seemingly right after kickoff, boom boom boom, tons of fumbles and scores by the Broncos. But it couldn't last, you can't count on turnovers to keep up a lead.

The real killer was the loss of DRC. The Broncos were playing man-D amazingly the entire first half. As soon as the second half started, the Pats just kept targetted Kayvon Webster over and over and over again. Making him defend slants, getting him on rubs where he end up setting picks on his own teammate. Those are the types of things you can target a rookie on because they don't understand how the offense is attacking them. The Denver pass rush (which played out of their minds, btw) started breaking down as soon the secondary couldn't hold and the top was blown off. Successful pass rushes NEED the secondary to hold in order to have time to get to the QB. Rarely can a pass rush get sacks where the line just collapses (you may get 1 or 2 sacks a game like that, but not often enough - its about getting sustained pressure throughout the game). That's when the Broncos started going zone and things started going down hill.

And about Peyton - I think people have a misconception about him. He's not really audibling into awesome plays. What he's doing most of the time is checking out of bad plays. I believe one of his early interviews he admitted as much. And he's a lot more conservative then many think. I absolutely believe he was all in for the kneel down in the playoffs last year to end regulation against the Ravens. Around the opponents 40-yard line he'll get aggressive on 4th and short, but otherwise he's usually pretty safe with that sort of thing too. He really does think just like an old-school coach.

The run was working, so they were going to it a lot BUT he still believes in trying to keep defenses honest. The problem is, you get situations where you get 3 yards on first down. They either run it (and in many cases get another 3-5 yards to set up 3rd and short) OR they pass it. In the situations where they passed it on 2nd down, the passes were rarely long, they were just there to maintain possession. Often times though, the passes couldn't be caught even when the ball was delivered on the right spot (stiff ball, tough wind, not sure), setting up 3rd and 6 or 7. At that point you're likely going to pass. You can't expect your run game to gain you 6 or 7 on 3rd down. I believe they were trying to mix it up at times by passing on second down so that the defense couldn't key in on a 'run-run-pass' pattern. Also, Knowshown was getting gased at 30+ carries, as much as you'd like to continue running him, and the other RBs continued to show a penchant for fumbling the ball.

That said, the defense played amazing in OT. And the offense was moving the ball pretty well in OT as well, almost getting into FG range a couple of times but stalling out on missed throws. I was really surprised the Pats couldn't get much offense going in OT. The way it was going, it was certainly looking more like a tie if you take out the muffed punt. It kinda sucks that you play better for some 2.5 Quarters + OT and you still lose but I guess the overall outcome is the same.

The Broncos need to run the table here on out though. I really hope they can sort out how to deal with adverse weather when it comes to timing, dropped passes and such. As for the defense, they're looking great as long as they can keep the secondary healthy. Hoping DRC can come back healthy soon.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Tank Commander Weeden is at the ready, just give the order.

Glad to still have you on board sir.

I don't think we'll end up top 3 unfortunately. One can only hope. I think we'll end up 6-10 and around pick 7.

Yeah you're probably right, I just like to dream big. As we all discussed at the beginning of the season it looks like next week's game against Jackonsville will be huge in regards to our draft stock.

We have left:

Jackonsville
@New England
Chicago
@NYJets
@Pittsburgh

To be honest Jacksonville is the only game that seems a "guarantee" to win.

New England is most definitely a loss and I believe we only have 2 wins on the road this season? So very possible we'll lose those last two games as well. So all comes down to Chicago to determine where we really will be drafting.

Sigh.

squicken

My liege, the preparations are complete, let the tank begin with a loss in Jacksonville next week. Slowly move ourselves into the top 3.

Just a few weeks ago, I thought BlackGhost was the proper king of Browns GAF. But the Campbell episode shows he's just not ready

bionic77

If Niners win tonight I win the weekly pick em too! Another 100 bucks in my pocket.

I will have enough for a PS4 or WiiU from my winnings but I won't get either.

Tonight we are brothers FMT! Go Niners!

Sanjuro

Even if we lost last night, I thank the football God's for salvaging entertaining football last night. Last couple games have been spectacular.

Sanjuro

Also speaking of "couple", I'm shocked how many people don't know what this means.

This morning. Can I have a couple breakfast sandwiches.

...So what do you want, like three?

Yesterday. Can I have a have a couple nips.

Loads bag with four of them.

/minirant

Milchjon

Also speaking of "couple", I'm shocked how many people don't know what this means.

This morning. Can I have a couple breakfast sandwiches.

...So what do you want, like three?

Yesterday. Can I have a have a couple nips.

Loads bag with four of them.

/minirant

Yeah, but the Steelers game was awesome. So you didn't use it correctly either!

:p

To be honest Jacksonville is the only game that seems a "guarantee" to win.
Honestly I don't even think it's a guarantee win, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost
I hope we lose

Eddie Lacy watched video of Adrian Peterson to see how to handle eight-man boxes.
Since Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) has been sidelined, teams have been selling out to stop Lacy. The Vikings did as well on Sunday, but the rookie still gashed them for 110 yards and a touchdown on 25 carries. "[Peterson] is very patient, but even with his patience he has great explosion," Lacy said. "As soon as he finds it, he's hitting it like zero-to-60 really fast. I'm trying to work on the zero-to-60 part." Fat Eddie is a beast even with Scott Tolzien/Matt Flynn, but he'll be an absolute monster once Rodgers gets back.
Lmao

You guys are funny. Calling people out for not posting during the game?

Tons of us never post during games. I rarely do - too busy actually watching the motherfucker. Far too emotionally invested to post while watching the Steelers.

Sanjuro

You guys are funny. Calling people out for not posting during the game?

Tons of us never post during games. I rarely do - too busy actually watching the motherfucker. Far too emotionally invested to post while watching the Steelers.

I go to games and post! If you don't, then you're just a joke.

Also, I don't even care!

Top Bottom