• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 12 |OT| - Where the winners win and the Jets lose.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
When you are tied for 23rd with the raiders, jets, bucs and redskins in TDs allowed by air why would anyone bother running it?

That`s where our pass rush comes in handy.

Plus in his day and age almost every team has a bad secondary because of the change of rules in terms of ticky tack fouls.

And most teams run it on either first or second down. 3rd and longs is the preferable situation, obviously.

Greg

Good thing the seafrauds can't throw the ball and have crappy receivers!

Wait they're 1st in the league in ypa? And their QB has a 105.1 passer rating? And they just got percy harvin back?

uh oh
all of that is fine UNTIL YOUR QUARTERBACK BREAKS HIS COLLARBONE

I want to see an all backup QB playoffs!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Good thing the seafrauds can't throw the ball and have crappy receivers!

Wait they're 1st in the league in ypa? And their QB has a 105.1 passer rating? And they just got percy harvin back?

uh oh

If a defense takes away Marshawn I`d like to see those numbers when we see you in the playoffs. ;)

Zelda is so good. I'm only two dungeons in so far, but man oh man, that music is glorious. 3DS' shitty speakers don't do it justice, so I'm playing while wearing my Sennheisers. Very crisp fluid gameplay too. Gotta wait on Mario for a bit though, which sucks.

Dammit. Cheap ass in me overruled my purchase. Just bought Zelda. Going to buy Mario next Friday at Kmart BF sale to save $10. Sounds stupid as I type this cause I have the money.
It's probably for the best, this way you can actually focus on one at a time! If you enjoyed 3D Land you will absolutely love 3D World.

rando14

If a defense takes away Marshawn I`d like to see those numbers when we see you in the playoffs. ;)

Carolina did a good job stopping Marshawn, but it was away and a lot has changed since then so I dunno. It's possible, we'll just have to find out! :p

I would sell my possessions and buy us both tickets

I would literally sell all of my protein powder to buy the plane tickets! Need to get a Tarvaris jersey now...

Every Mario game looks and feels the same.

Most overrated game series ever.

Mike Mignola needs to design the next Mario game.

396808_10151152971721755_368063231_n.png

Draxal

Mike Mitchell tells Drew Brees to stop being a pussy

From the Article:

*I may have paraphrased/changed a few words around

P.S. Is Dutch really wrong though? Every 3D Mario looks and plays the same and every 2D Mario looks and plays the same. I mean, it's fun, but Nintendo's not necessarily original anymore.

Ehhh. Galaxy did change the series a ton for the better and well Sunshine tried to but it was poorly received.

Mario is just about pure level design and creative mechanics which Galaxy (especially Galaxy 2) had in spades.

You are not helping the cause for Pats fans you know that right?

I'm not trying to. Look, maybe I've just outgrown the whole Nintendo stage. Sure it was fun when I was 5, playing it on my Snes, but I'm an adult now.

Fair enough. It's kind of like how every QB is basically the same exact person. Gabbart is just a slightly more handsome version of Tom Brady, for example.

Your Dolphins fanhood has made you forget what good QB play looks like. You can't tell the good from the bad anymore.

Godslay

Banned
It's probably for the best, this way you can actually focus on one at a time! If you enjoyed 3D Land you will absolutely love 3D World.

Yeah, just finished the first palace, and it's good. Sucks you right in. The music is wonderful as well.

Dammit though, I might just go and buy it tomorrow so I don't have to fight a crowd, would be worth paying $10 more.

I'm not trying to. Look, maybe I've just outgrown the whole Nintendo stage. Sure it was fun when I was 5, playing it on my Snes, but I'm an adult now.

I went through a phase like that in my 20's. Then Animal Crossing happened, which led to Zelda WW, then to Mario Kart DD, then to Pikmin, then to Sunshine, then to Smash Bros. Before I knew it I was buying whatever they put out cause it was fun. Don't get me wrong though, I played a ton of Halo and Splinter Cell during that time period, as well as whatever was out on the PS2.

Yeah, just finished the first palace, and it's good. Sucks you right in. The music is wonderful as well.

Dammit though, I might just go and buy it tomorrow so I don't have to fight a crowd, would be worth paying $10 more.
I finished the first two worlds before stopping. It's so good, the level design and creativity on display is just unparalleled. If it continues at this rate I'd say it'll become my favorite Mario game, but I was an absolutely huge fan of 3D Land so I probably enjoy the design of these games more than the average Mario fan.

Dutch, you sound like me in high school. "Pokemon is for babies!" :p

cajunator

Banned

Your Dolphins fanhood has made you forget what good QB play looks like. You can't tell the good from the bad anymore.

Nintendo games cannot be outgrown. Tastes can change but theres no such thing as getting too old for videogames. Unless you want to include sony and ms properties in that assumption which would at least be consistent.

I went through a phase like that in my 20's. Then Animal Crossing happened, which led to Zelda WW, then to Mario Kart DD, then to Pikmin, then to Sunshine, then to Smash Bros. Before I knew it I was buying whatever they put out cause it was fun. Don't get me wrong though, I played a ton of Halo and Splinter Cell during that time period, not as well as whatever was out on the PS2.

Nintendo games cannot be outgrown. Tastes can change but theres no such thing as getting too old for videogames. Unless you want to include sony and ms properties in that assumption which would at least be consistent.

Okay, maybe I wasn't completely serious with the whole Don't play Mario because I'm an adult thing. This is what I get for trying to troll for once. I might be 21, but I'm not an adult, only idiots allow themselves to become full scale adults.

Secondly, I love the Pokemon games, wish I had a 3DS, I also love the Lego games. Gonna play Lego Marvel Super Heroes with my little bro tomorrow. Game looks awesome.

But, I wasn't lying about Mario being overrated. It just doesn't do anything for me, everytime I play a 'new' Mario game, I get this sense of 'been there, done that'. I'm not saying that they are bad games, I'm just saying that they're not as earthshockingly amazing as some people make them out to be.

Dutch channelling Lunchbox.

Godslay

Banned
I finished the first two worlds before stopping. It's so good, the level design and creativity on display is just unparalleled. If it continues at this rate I'd say it'll become my favorite Mario game, but I was an absolutely huge fan of 3D Land so I probably enjoy the design of these games more than the average Mario fan.

I know I will enjoy it. I played the hell of out every iteration so far, including Luigi U.

Looks like mods are getting ban happy in gaming.

I don't blame them, there are some bona fide fanboys who are going hard in the paint. It's like Gamespot system wars over there, pure garbage.

cajunator

Banned
Okay, maybe I wasn't completely serious with the whole Don't play Mario because I'm an adult thing. This is what I get for trying to troll for once. I might be 21, but I'm not an adult, only idiots allow themselves to become full scale adults.

Secondly, I love the Pokemon games, wish I had a 3DS, I also love the Lego games. Gonna play Lego Marvel Super Heroes with my little bro tomorrow. Game looks awesome.

But, I wasn't lying about Mario being overrated. It just doesn't do anything for me, everytime I play a 'new' Mario game, I get this sense of 'been there, done that'. I'm not saying that they are bad games, I'm just saying that they're not as earthshockingly amazing as some people make them out to be.

Nothing wrong with having different tastes. Just dont insult people on a personal level for preferring one overrated videogaming device over another. They are all basically toys for those of us with money to burn. Same as a sportscar for someone with much much more money to burn.

squicken

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/83573/pass-atlas-tom-brady-vs-peyton-manning

I looked at all of their passes since 2006, mostly because the data isn’t really available before that — the analysis window ranges from 2006 until October 20, 2013, and includes 4,126 attempts for Brady and 4,085 for Manning. In this relatively recent window of time, they have combined to complete 5,316 of their 8,211 passes with 468 touchdowns and only 164 interceptions.

The most striking contrast is perhaps Manning’s superior ability to throw the ball downfield. Relative to Brady, he has completed a lot more throws down the sideline, while also maintaining a much higher downfield completion percentage.
Brady, on the other hand, loves to throw short and has a distinct preference toward the left. Since 2006, Brady has completed 410 short passes toward that left sideline — the most of either quarterback in any zone. He has generated about 70 more completions than Manning in this area, and has been more prolific in all the shorter zones. In fact, a majority of his touchdown passes have been thrown to his left, while Manning exhibits the opposite tendency.

Although the differences in completion percentages are mostly minor, there are a few areas that jump out. In particular, on throws toward the left sideline beyond 10 yards, Manning has been much better than Brady, completing almost 62 percent of his throws to Brady’s 45 percent.

Similarly, as Patriots fans are well aware, Brady is not nearly as good going deep these days. Look at his throws down the right side of the field. Brady barely completes a quarter of his passes there. Still, a vast majority of NFL throws occur inside of 10 yards, and in that area, these guys put up almost identical numbers.

I almost agree with you, except that the Mario Galaxy games were the two best videogames I've ever played.

Not being patronizing, I totally understand the sentiment otherwise.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 7h

#Browns are 5-23 vs. #Steelers in regular season since '99. Tim Couch owns three of those 5 victories.

Thanks goodness Couch isn't there anymore. That kid was dynamite.

Top Bottom