• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 13 |OT| Guns of the Patriots

ShaneB

All I can think about is football tonight =( Fuck work today, going to be impossible to concentrate..... which is no different than most days really.

Go Seahawks!

Wrayfield

So how about that Dolphins game yesterday?

Man, that was a lousy first half. Glad we pulled it off, but I'm not sure if it was us being relatively ok, or the Jets being the Jets. So, glad for the W, but not sure going forward. Loved the long drives in the first half, we should've targeted Milliner more often, I think.

Man, that was a lousy first half. Glad we pulled it off, but I'm not sure if it was us being relatively ok, or the Jets being the Jets. So, glad for the W, but not sure going forward. Loved the long drives in the first half, we should've targeted Milliner more often, I think.
With the way things are going this season I have to be more optimistic than pessimistic with that first half. Sure, a 6-0 lead is pretty sad when you dominate a game that thoroughly in terms of time of possession, first downs, yards, etc. but at least the offense was sustaining long drives and at least the defense was killing it. They played well enough to get Geno benched which is at least one positive you have to be happy about.

The second half was pretty much just like the first except this time the Dolphins finished drives. It was easily the most complete game they've played all season, complete and total domination in all three phases of the game. Hopefully they can keep this going over the last stretch of the season.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
can someone explain to me how, in this day and age of flag happy protecting QBs and receivers NFL, a team can play 60 minutes of football and not have a single flag thrown against them? I don't mean, yea they had five penalties but all were declined, i mean not a single flag was thrown?

I also found it strangely ironic the Texans no name tight end Graham ran right at a defender and pushes him back a few yards, the exact same thing Gronkowski does to every team they play, and is called for OPI early in the game.

I am happy to say we did get a "gotta protect Brady/Manning" flag thrown as Brady is pushed back into Brooks Reed, which I believe lead to 3 points for the pats.

Anyway, the entire coaching staff should be fired, they can play that well against the patriots, but lose to the previous 9 teams they played?

Bowser

isl82xuSLFAIr.gif

Yo Revis...

Ice up, son. Ice up.

The Panthers have given up 157 points so far this season.

The 2000 Ravens gave up 165 points for the regular season and the 86 Bears (not the SB winning 85 Bears, but the 14-2 team that came right after) gave up 187.

Considering we have two games left against the Saints, I'd say giving up less than 30 points for the rest of the season is pretty impossible. I'd consider it a huge achievement if they could give up less than 200 points in a season in this offensive age of the NFL.

bionic77

can someone explain to me how, in this day and age of flag happy protecting QBs and receivers NFL, a team can play 60 minutes of football and not have a single flag thrown against them? I don't mean, yea they had five penalties but all were declined, i mean not a single flag was thrown?

I also found it strangely ironic the Texans no name tight end Graham ran right at a defender and pushes him back a few yards, the exact same thing Gronkowski does to every team they play, and is called for OPI early in the game.

I am happy to say we did get a "gotta protect Brady/Manning" flag thrown as Brady is pushed back into Brooks Reed, which I believe lead to 3 points for the pats.

Anyway, the entire coaching staff should be fired, they can play that well against the patriots, but lose to the previous 9 teams they played?
At least your team is better than the Steelers!

But yeah you guys suck. Weird how most teams keep the Pats in games. I think they really only blew the Steelers the fuck out. Otherwise they have been outplayed for 3 quarters by almost garbo team they have played. And most of their comebacks were aided a lot by the other teams stupidity.

Bowser

The Panthers have given up 157 points so far this season.

The 2000 Ravens gave up 165 points for the regular season and the 86 Bears (not the SB winning 85 Bears, but the 14-2 team that came right after) gave up 187.

Considering we have two games left against the Saints, I'd say giving up less than 30 points for the rest of the season is pretty impossible. I'd consider it a huge achievement if they could give up less than 200 points in a season in this offensive age of the NFL.

No one's touching the Ravens' record; that was established before all of the hand checking/jamming enforcement. Under 200 would be a serious accomplishment, especially with a no-name secondary.

I think we can blank the Jets and hold the Falcons to ~10-14 points, so we'd need to hold the Saints to around 30 points combined in both games...which, frankly, seems unlikely to me.

Dragon

Banned

Brady got hit in the head and Reed left his feet. It wasn't a bullshit penalty.

As far as whining about offensive pass interference, I don't know what to tell you. I do know whenever Gronk wasn't met at the line of scrimmage the Texans had no shot to stop him.

ShaneB

Can't wait for Brees to light you guys up?

Go Saints!

Yeah, Brees could have a field day with our secondary issues, but Wilson could light it up just as much. Either it's a shootout or it's a defensive clinic. Can go either way, and both teams could've had more losses on their records, but the good teams find ways to win as they both have. Can't wait.

jakncoke

Banned
No one's touching the Ravens' record; that was established before all of the hand checking/jamming enforcement. Under 200 would be a serious accomplishment, especially with a no-name secondary.

I think we can blank the Jets and hold the Falcons to ~10-14 points, so we'd need to hold the Saints to around 30 points combined in both games...which, frankly, seems unlikely to me.

Anything under 250 is pretty outstanding in this era.

Felt a lot worse about the Falcons road game last week than tonight's. I think the Saints are guilty of playing to the level of their opponents which is going to work out great tonight. The remaining schedule is brutal. This is as close as can be to a must win for a 9-2 team.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
At least your team is better than the Steelers!

But yeah you guys suck. Weird how most teams keep the Pats in games. I think they really only blew the Steelers the fuck out. Otherwise they have been outplayed for 3 quarters by almost garbo team they have played. And most of their comebacks were aided a lot by the other teams stupidity.
ha yea right, at least you're team has won a game in the last 2.5 months.

Brady got hit in the head and Reed left his feet. It wasn't a bullshit penalty.
uh no, even the announcers said it was bullshit, and mr dierdorf spent most of the game with brady's dick in his mouth, so i imagine it was quite difficult to admit that.

As far as whining about offensive pass interference, I don't know what to tell you. I do know whenever Gronk wasn't met at the line of scrimmage the Texans had no shot to stop him.
who's whining about OPI? i just thought it was ironic, the texans did something the pats did all game to the broncos, they were never called for it against the broncos, the texans were against the pats. Strangely ironic, as i said the first time.

Yeah, Brees could have a field day with our secondary issues, but Wilson could light it up just as much. Either it's a shootout or it's a defensive clinic. Can go either way, and both teams could've had more losses on their records, but the good teams find ways to win as they both have. Can't wait.

yeah should be a good game.

Tom Penny

The last 10 teams Houston played have been spying and scouting the Texans. No other explanation for such epic underperforming of a team.

bionic77

ha yea right, at least you're team has won a game in the last 2.5 months.

uh no, even the announcers said it was bullshit, and mr dierdorf spent most of the game with brady's dick in his mouth, so i imagine it was quite difficult to admit that.
At least your team can play defense. Our defense is among the worst in the league IMHO. We don't do anything well anymore. I think the Texans are a better team but your coaches have no balls and have lost the team.

Also I can confirm that Dierdof does like dicks in his mouth and he would love to have Brady's dick in his mouth, but I think you are hurting your argument saying that he actually had his dick in his mouth during the game.

Brady doesn't have a dick as proved by professor Rors.

effzee

I can't believe the stupidity of Skip and Stephen A. Well I shouldn't be shocked. But even the guys on NFL Network.

Discussing Vick and Foles and they keep talking about how NOW they offense is finally working.

No you idiots. Vick was playing actually really well and while he didn't have 0 interceptions his turnovers were leaps and bounds lower than the last 2 years. The offense was working and clicking. He just hurt his hamstring. Foles didn't just come in because Vick was playing bad, it was because he couldn't play cause of the injury. Foles has out played him but this revisionist history is annoying as fuck. I don't know where we would be with Vick starting but I doubt we would be losing games because of him.

The biggest story, besides Foles emerging, has been the development of the defense. We were ranked 32 for the first 6 weeks and now seemed to have gelled to a point where if the offense scores 24+, our D can hold the opponents to around 20 or lower. Earlier in the season the D was easily giving up 30+ even when the offense scored 30+

But to these analysts even the D is only playing better because they trust Foles. Oh really? How about those 2 games against the Cowboys and Giants where the offense managed 3 and then 0 points respectively? The D played lights out and kept the game close. Dallas scored 17 (but only in garbage time) and the Giants scored 15 (off of 5 FGs). The D has improved steadily no matter who is at QB.

Foles is and should be the starter. Vick is gone barring some major injury to Foles in these final games. BUT lets not re-create what happened. Vick was playing well. The offense was scoring. The Eagles were #2 in the league in all offensive categories behind the Broncos. The problem was the D. Then the problem was both Vick and Foles being hurt.

Now that both are healthy, Foles is playing lights out, and the D has turned it around, the Eagles are winning. If tomorrow Foles tears his knee in practice and Vick has to start I'd be just as confident.

Also on the 0 interceptions fascination. I am not one of those fans who thinks any time a QB throws a pick that he automatically sucks and should be yanked. Or that its the end of the world. So the fact that Foles has zero picks is amazing and great. But if he had 1-2-3-4-5 or hell even 10 INTs, as long he is making more good plays and the team is winning who cares? I say this because couple of these games Foles has been extremely lucky where the CBs have dropped picks, or his WRs become CBs and break up a sure INT, and even yesterday where the refs called back a pick a on very questionable holding call. So its super he has 0 INTs but some of it is extremely lucky. He has fumbled a couple of times from trying to fight out of sacks.

He will throw picks the way he sometimes chucks it up. Arizona should have had 3 picks yesterday. DJAX and Cooper broke up two and the regs gifted the ball back to the Eagles on the other. I just hope he has it in him to over come those turnovers which are around the corner.

I also don't like overall how the offense has played in the 2nd half two weeks in a row. They seem to relax. Foles seems to wait forever to try to hit the deep ball instead of moving the chains like the offense does in the first half.

Anyway fuck analysts and bring on Detroit.

bionic77

That pick Foles threw late yesterday was really bad.

But otherwise he is playing well. The Cards are a touch matchup for the Eagles. That is a big win for them.

Crisco

Banned
Saints offense has looked relatively pedestrian the past couple weeks, but with the Seahawks secondary banged up, could be primed for a a shootout tonight.

Bowser

Per PFT:

Cam Newton plays the quarterback position like no one else, ever. After leading the Panthers to another win on Sunday, Newton is on pace for 3,488 yards passing and 596 yards rushing this season. That’s actually par for the course for Newton (he topped both of those totals in both of his previous two seasons in the NFL), but it’s almost unheard of for any other NFL quarterback. Do you know how many times in NFL history a player has had at least 3,488 passing yards and at least 596 rushing yards in a season? Four: Randall Cunningham in 1988, Daunte Culpepper in 2002, Cam Newton in 2011 and Cam Newton in 2012. Newton’s ability to beat teams with his arm and his legs is something we just haven’t seen before. Like Adrian Peterson, Newton is a player all football fans should appreciate.

tocrying.gif

Top Bottom