• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 13 |OT| Guns of the Patriots

simples

Banned
RsFcb7C.jpg

Narag

Will be interested to see how the Steelers will be punished. Would it be weird to suspend him for a game?

Think I heard everything was on the table going into it including suspension and draft pick forfeiture but it'd likely just be a stiff financial penalty.

Eleuin

I agree with Bionic, I dunno I've seen hotter cheerleaders even on the same team (oh god I'm using neofaf logic)
her on the other hand...

Also how bad are these backup corners for Seattle? I need Brees to be limited to under 20 points

bionic77

No ass, 5/10, still would tho
The girl on the left has an amazing fuck me face.

The other girls are also pretty hot. Maybe it is different in LA or South Beach, but I can't take anyone seriously if they rate those girls less than a 8 or 7 at worst.

Also a nice love letter from Ron Cook to Big Ben. Here is a nice quote that is going to piss him off.

Roethlisberger has shown, again, just how valuable he is to the Steelers. Look at what is around him: A constantly changing line filled with replacement parts, no running game to speak of, receivers who drop too many passes and a defense that has given up a ridiculous amount of big plays. Yet, other than the loss to Chicago in September when he threw two interceptions and lost two fumbles, Roethlisberger has given the Steelers a chance to win every week. You don't think that's important? Did you watch Buffalo send out EJ Manuel at quarterback? Did you see Cleveland's Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden? A team has no chance to win in the NFL without a franchise quarterback.

The Steelers are lucky to have one. They need to do a long-term extension with Roethlisberger after this season even though he is 31 and has two years left on his current deal. He has denied reports that he is unhappy here and will ask for a trade. He also has said he will do whatever it takes to stay.

That's admirable on Roethlisberger's part, but it's hardly necessary. He shouldn't have to give the Steelers a hometown discount. He deserves to be paid as an elite quarterback. The team needs to recognize that and step up.

Maybe Roethlisberger won't get the same deal that Baltimore quarterback Joe Flacco did after leading the Ravens to the Super Bowl championship last season. Flacco is three years younger and also had the added leverage of being a free agent.

But something Steelers safety Ryan Clark mentioned last week on his radio show on 93.7 The Fan is worth repeating.

"If you give me Ben Roethlisberger or Joe Flacco a choice 10 times, I take Ben 10 times."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...m-Steelers/stories/201312020038#ixzz2mLF3SSvS

Especially love the line from Clark about Ben vs. Flacco. :lol

Crisco

Banned
I wonder if the Panthers will consider letting Hardy walk now. Horton, Addison, and Alexender can all play. Panthers could spend that money on a #1 receiver, like Hicks, or a shutdown corner.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Also how bad are these backup corners for Seattle? I need Brees to be limited to under 20 points
Bad? The CBs cut to make the 53 man roster start for other teams.

The only question is scheme, as we don't have our true slot CB right now.

rando14

I agree with Bionic, I dunno I've seen hotter cheerleaders even on the same team (oh god I'm using neofaf logic)
her on the other hand...

Maxwell is a good player but it's drew brees so anything is possible

Probably not. But we still have a really short 3 year window and he gives us the best shot to win. The odds of us getting another franchise qb the way Indy did back to back are pretty much zero. Once Ben is gone then we are going to see Tomlin torch the franchise and then we will be back in the wilderness again.

You're just afraid it'll be the 80's all over again when Ben leaves.

bionic77

You're just afraid it'll be the 80's all over again when Ben leaves.
At worst it will be the 80s, at best it will be the 90s where we are stacked at every position except qb and always find a way to choke in the playoffs.

You can get by with a washed up or shit system qb in the regular season (look at Brady and Manning) but in the playoffs to make a long run your qb is going to have to make some plays that only the best ones can make at some point.

Thanks to Tomlin's stupidity no one is going to be focusing on Ben this offseason. After he gets fined or suspended the focus is going to be squarely on him.

jWILL253

Banned
The girl on the left has an amazing fuck me face.

The other girls are also pretty hot. Maybe it is different in LA or South Beach, but I can't take anyone seriously if they rate those girls less than a 8 or 7 at worst.

Also a nice love letter from Ron Cook to Big Ben. Here is a nice quote that is going to piss him off.

Especially love the line from Clark about Ben vs. Flacco. :lol

I place ass very highly on my scales, bro.

It's why Jennifer Lawrence is forever a 0/10.

Vesmir

Banned
Think I heard everything was on the table going into it including suspension and draft pick forfeiture but it'd likely just be a stiff financial penalty.

See I would think that as well but

The league had warned teams about sideline interference the day before the Tomlin incident, so that could play into their punishment.

makes me think that the league will take a bit more than that.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Weeden has been sent hoem with a concussion.

Jason Campbell not cleared for practice yet.

Good lord I hope the Pats are ready for the trickshot!

squicken

Weeden has been sent hoem with a concussion.

If only Weeden were a younger man, they could preach patience. He makes throws that Andy Dalton could never dream of making. He also is a "turnover robot" as the ATL crew dubbed him. McCown tried one of those underhand throws yesterday, and I read somewhere that it was a "Weediculous" throw. Which is perfect

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If only Weeden were a younger man, they could preach patience. He makes throws that Andy Dalton could never dream of making. He also is a "turnover robot" as the ATL crew dubbed him. McCown tried one of those underhand throws yesterday, and I read somewhere that it was a "Weediculous" throw. Which is perfect

He did it at least 2-3 more times yesterday!

And so far no one has any idea when he got concussed.

jakncoke

Banned
I wonder if he is going to be the first Steelers coach who doesn't even last 10 years.

And we had such a nice tradition going....

:(

Its crazy to think this is actually his 7th season here.

Also peypey stats are pace to be really insane. 436 completions (5th alltime) 5500 yards (1st) 55 tds (1st)

Let's be honest here, everyone knew at least one more QB would be starting this year.

The only shock was figuring out which game it would be, as of now looks like it'll be Sunday.

Who is going to be Tanney back up for the game?

Dragon

Banned

Also peypey stats are pace to be really insane. 436 completions (5th alltime) 5500 yards (1st) 55 tds (1st)

Since they essentially have a two game lead in the division, I wonder how much he's going to play. I guess they have to win out to guarantee home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

bionic77

Who is going to be Tanney back up for the game?
Even crazier to think how fast we have turned on him.

He is a fun coach to have when the team is stacked. But he seems a step slow now that we suck. As bad as we are we lost several close games due to that inability to react from him and the other coaches.

Going to be a very interesting offseason for the Steelers. Looks like we fucked up by ditching Arians and putting all the blame on him.

I also wonder if we would be better off with Whisenhunt as our HC?

Should be a good game tonight. Not really any shot of the 49ers taking the division at this point, but I still enjoy the seahags losing. But Brees is such a no tipping, penalty accepting scumbag himself! I Don't know who to root for!

cdyhybrid

Should be a good game tonight. Not really any shot of the 49ers taking the division at this point, but I still enjoy the seahags losing. But Brees is such a no tipping, penalty accepting scumbag himself! I Don't know who to root for!

Russell tips very well and probably signs his receipts with a #GoHawks at the end, the karmic choice is clear!

Edit:

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 1m
Another win for Russell Wilson would tie him with Ben Roethlisberger for most by starting QB in 1st 2 seasons who debuted since the merger

Top Bottom