• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 13 |OT| Guns of the Patriots

Good argument, you make a lot of good points.

If you look at the facts, the Pats should have won 3, maybe 4 more super bowls than they did in the past 10 years. It's obvious that the football gods are upset at the team for some random reason. who knows what that could be.

I can think of one less Superbowl appearance.

MechDX

Current 2014 NFL Draft order Superbowl lineup:

1. Houston Texans - 2-10 (.550)
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - 3-9 (.503)
3. St. Louis Rams (via Washington Redskins) - 3-9 (.521)
4. Atlanta Falcons - 3-9 (.559)
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 3-9 (.582)
6. Minnesota Vikings 3-8-1 (.534)
7. Cleveland Browns 4-8 (.505)
8. Oakland Raiders - 4-8 (.510)
9. Buffalo Bills - 4-8 (.518)
10. Pittsburgh Steelers - 5-7 (.479)

We're #1!We're #1!We're #1!

gutshot

I can't believe the stupidity of Skip and Stephen A. Well I shouldn't be shocked. But even the guys on NFL Network.

Discussing Vick and Foles and they keep talking about how NOW they offense is finally working.

No you idiots. Vick was playing actually really well and while he didn't have 0 interceptions his turnovers were leaps and bounds lower than the last 2 years. The offense was working and clicking. He just hurt his hamstring. Foles didn't just come in because Vick was playing bad, it was because he couldn't play cause of the injury. Foles has out played him but this revisionist history is annoying as fuck. I don't know where we would be with Vick starting but I doubt we would be losing games because of him.

The biggest story, besides Foles emerging, has been the development of the defense. We were ranked 32 for the first 6 weeks and now seemed to have gelled to a point where if the offense scores 24+, our D can hold the opponents to around 20 or lower. Earlier in the season the D was easily giving up 30+ even when the offense scored 30+

But to these analysts even the D is only playing better because they trust Foles. Oh really? How about those 2 games against the Cowboys and Giants where the offense managed 3 and then 0 points respectively? The D played lights out and kept the game close. Dallas scored 17 (but only in garbage time) and the Giants scored 15 (off of 5 FGs). The D has improved steadily no matter who is at QB.

Foles is and should be the starter. Vick is gone barring some major injury to Foles in these final games. BUT lets not re-create what happened. Vick was playing well. The offense was scoring. The Eagles were #2 in the league in all offensive categories behind the Broncos. The problem was the D. Then the problem was both Vick and Foles being hurt.

Now that both are healthy, Foles is playing lights out, and the D has turned it around, the Eagles are winning. If tomorrow Foles tears his knee in practice and Vick has to start I'd be just as confident.

Also on the 0 interceptions fascination. I am not one of those fans who thinks any time a QB throws a pick that he automatically sucks and should be yanked. Or that its the end of the world. So the fact that Foles has zero picks is amazing and great. But if he had 1-2-3-4-5 or hell even 10 INTs, as long he is making more good plays and the team is winning who cares? I say this because couple of these games Foles has been extremely lucky where the CBs have dropped picks, or his WRs become CBs and break up a sure INT, and even yesterday where the refs called back a pick a on very questionable holding call. So its super he has 0 INTs but some of it is extremely lucky. He has fumbled a couple of times from trying to fight out of sacks.

He will throw picks the way he sometimes chucks it up. Arizona should have had 3 picks yesterday. DJAX and Cooper broke up two and the regs gifted the ball back to the Eagles on the other. I just hope he has it in him to over come those turnovers which are around the corner.

I also don't like overall how the offense has played in the 2nd half two weeks in a row. They seem to relax. Foles seems to wait forever to try to hit the deep ball instead of moving the chains like the offense does in the first half.

Anyway fuck analysts and bring on Detroit.

I think it's you who is engaging in a bit of revisionist history. Let's look at the numbers:

Vick: 1-3 in full game starts (1-1 in partial starts)
54.6%, 1215 yds, 7 TDs (5 passing, 2 rushing), 3 INTs, 4 fumbles, 15 sacks, 86.4 rating

Foles: 5-0 in full game starts (0-1 in partial starts)
63.3%, 1791 yds, 21 TDs (19 passing, 2 rushing), 0 INTs, 2 fumbles, 17 sacks, 125.2 rating

Vick was playing OK. Not great. Foles is playing great. Historically great. Yeah, the injury is what ultimately led to the switch, but if Vick hadn't gotten hurt you think we'd be at 7-5? I don't.

I do agree, however, that the defense deserves more credit for its contributions to the current win streak. Their improvement is a very good sign going forward.

I hope Philly starts Vick on Sunday. We'd actually have a chance at winning

Foles is going to throw at least 4 TDs against Detroit, just watch.

gutshot

I hope Philly starts Vick on Sunday. We'd actually have a chance at winning

Foles is going to throw at least 4 TDs against Detroit, just watch.

And Stafford will have just as many. Hopefully he throws a couple INTs because despite our defense's improvement, the secondary still gives up way too many long passes. Megatron is going to have a field day. I really hope Earl Wolff is back for this game because Patrick Chung is absolutely terrible. The only players he can reliably tackle are our own.

And Stafford will have just as many. Hopefully he throws a couple INTs because despite our defense's improvement, the secondary still gives up way too many long passes. Megatron is going to have a field day. I really hope Earl Wolff is back for this game because Patrick Chung is absolutely terrible. The only players he can reliably tackle are our own.

Should have listened to Gata.

bionic77

Does anyone know or had experience with Apple replacing an iPhone due to battery issues past warranty?

My 5 bought last year in September (so roughly 2 months or so past warranty) is just out of control with ios7. For example right now I'm under 7 hours standby, only 2 hours and 5 minutes usage (none of which was phone calls or video, and 30 or so minutes of it was screen off mp3 player) and it's at 37%.

Worse than that 9 times out of 10 it shuts off randomly under 25% and won't turn back on without a charge, so I essentially have to subtract 20% all the time.

It's borderline unusable without mid-day charging, and likely twice if I have to use it heavily. Pissing me off.
It all depends on the genius you get at the Apple store. A nice one will replace a lot of shit out of warranty based on God knows what. A mean one will tell you to fuck off or fork over the repair or replacement fee. But in general battery stuff is tough because it is impossible to test at the store. I imagine that will a multiple trip visit. Be ready to tell them that they reinstalled and all the other shit they recommend.

I never complain when I get a shitty one that doesn't do shit because they have been very good to me in the past and have fixed several issues that were either my fault or on shit that was out of warranty.

I thought Philly's secondary looked solid at times yesterday, although obviously Stafford will be tougher than Palmer. That being said, Stafford is pretty one dimensional; if you shut down screens and don't get beaten bad by slants, you don't have much to worry about.

Philly has given up a shit ton of sacks, but while I'm sure Suh will hit Foles a few times I don't expect us to truly get to him much. Our DEs are ehh. Ziggy Ansah is having a good rookie season (as is Devin Taylor) but both have been inconsistent pressure wise.

MechDX

The texans should take him, hugely doubtful though

Shut your mouth whoever you are.

1474377_10151762106281314_282098696_n.jpg

And he did it with David Carr and Schaub. Also the second fastest to 900 only one game behind Marvin Harrison and we all know who he had throwing to him.....

Dragon

Banned
I'll cut you some slack, since your are a bawston fan, i'll just assume you are below average IQ, but please she me where i said it was this one call that cost them the game?

Also, i would love to find you a photo or video, but nothing has turned up yet, what I did find was several people saying reed was pushed into Brady, and Brady was being pushed backwards.

I don't know what's more funny, you insulting my intelligence while typing like jakncoke or the fact you didn't actually see the play and are whining about it anyway.

Brooks Reed was in the backfield, JJ Watt was pushing Brady down towards Reed, Reed's shoulder hit Brady square in the head. Like seriously, that last paragraph implies you haven't even seen the fucking play? What the fuck.

njean777

Shut your mouth whoever you are.

1474377_10151762106281314_282098696_n.jpg

And he did it with David Carr and Schaub. Also the second fastest to 900 only one game behind Marvin Harrison and we all know who he had throwing to him.....

And? Why would taking Vick have anything to do with Johnson?

Afrikan

I'm sure I'm late..but I just saw that new angle of Tomlin stepping closer to the field.

yeah not only the money fine, he should get suspended for a game or two. Draft picks shouldn't come into play, especially when there is a chance the Steelers might go in a different direction.

I thought highly of Tomlin going in, but I think this season has cause desperation on his part...dude tried to be too slick and thought he'd get away with that shit. Almost did if it weren't for that other angle.

OPqgrET.gif

Good argument, you make a lot of good points.

If you look at the facts, the Pats should have won 3, maybe 4 more super bowls than they did in the past 10 years. It's obvious that the football gods are upset at the team for some random reason. who knows what that could be.

When I look at the facts, I see that they won 3 Super Bowls in the early 2000s and lost two recently. They have been given the Tuck Rule and a kick out of bounds before the last drive of a Super Bowl.

Not only that, but their division has been largely dog shit for the better part of a a decade and they found a franchise quarterback in the 6th round of the NFL draft. You may say that was hard work, but how many other hall of famers have the Pats drafted in the sixth round?

That's as lucky as a franchise can get.

njean777

It doesn't. Just shut your mouth because we don't need any washed up veteran.

Chucky + Teddy = Awesomeness!

Harbaugh>>>>>Carr
Manning >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Schaub.

He is only 33... Hardly washed up.

I'm sure I'm late..but I just saw that new angle of Tomlin stepping closer to the field.

yeah not only the money fine, he should get suspended for a game or two. Draft picks shouldn't come into play, especially when there is a chance the Steelers might go in a different direction.

I thought highly of Tomlin going in, but I think this season has cause desperation on his part...dude tried to be too slick and thought he'd get away with that shit. Almost did if it weren't for that other angle.

OPqgrET.gif

wasn't dude clearly staring at the jumbotron? Seemed like he knew exactly what he was doing.

People say the AFC East has been terrible for years and it has but what divisions in the AFC have been much better? The north has been pretty good but other than that the other ones have been not that good.

People say the AFC East has been terrible for years and it has but what divisions in the AFC have been much better? The north has been pretty good but other than that the other ones have been not that good.

The AFC West was better than the East when the Pats were actually winning Super Bowls.

squicken

This is not self serving as far as the draft goes. The Texans should hope the start winning some games. Keenum has put up 21+ points three times and put up 30 points last game. If he had just an average defense the Texans would probably be 3-3 in his starts. That's not bad given the competition

Instead of pining away to use a high pick on a QB, why not pine away for Keenum to show growth, and have the QB of the future already on the roster? God knows they need to totally overhaul that defense. How a 3-4 defense can have one decent LB (who is always hurt) is crazy.

MechDX

This is not self serving as far as the draft goes. The Texans should hope the start winning some games. Keenum has put up 21+ points three times and put up 30 points last game. If he had just an average defense the Texans would probably be 3-3 in his starts. That's not bad given the competition

Instead of pining away to use a high pick on a QB, why not pine away for Keenum to show growth, and have the QB of the future already on the roster? God knows they need to totally overhaul that defense. How a 3-4 defense can have one decent LB (who is always hurt) is crazy.

keenum is NOT the future IMO. I honestly don't think Bridgewater is all that and the Texans wont touch Derek Carr. They will trade down if they get the #1 overall pick because SOMEONE...coughCleveland...will reach for Bridgewater/Carr.

Its all moot though until Kubiak is fired and we find out who the replacement will be. Its pretty much a fore gone conclusion at this point that the entire staff is gone but not 100%

Top Bottom