• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 13 |OT| Guns of the Patriots

keenum is NOT the future IMO. I honestly don't think Bridgewater is all that and the Texans wont touch Derek Carr. They will trade down if they get the #1 overall pick because SOMEONE...coughCleveland...will reach for Bridgewater/Carr.

Its all moot though until Kubiak is fired and we find out who the replacement will be. Its pretty much a fore gone conclusion at this point that the entire staff is gone but not 100%
Manziel future baby!

Wes

venison crêpe
rs_634x847-131202131945-634.-scarlett-johansson-lost-girlfriend-twitter.jpg

exarkun

This is not self serving as far as the draft goes. The Texans should hope the start winning some games. Keenum has put up 21+ points three times and put up 30 points last game. If he had just an average defense the Texans would probably be 3-3 in his starts. That's not bad given the competition

Instead of pining away to use a high pick on a QB, why not pine away for Keenum to show growth, and have the QB of the future already on the roster? God knows they need to totally overhaul that defense. How a 3-4 defense can have one decent LB (who is always hurt) is crazy.

Squicken saying real shit? And not spouting Luck fanfiction? Is this an alternate universe?

I disagree with Mech, I think he could be our next QB. We occasionally have an elite running game, and if we can fix part of our o-line, and have Keenum just provide mobility at the QB spot, I think we will be fine on offense. Tbh, I think the game against the Pats was his best one yet. Yeah, he throws risky balls, but so did Luck, RGIII, Wilson etc in their first 16 games. He has an arm, mobility, and his judgement will improve as he gets more first team reps and a staff dedicated to making him better. He just needs to get rid of the rookie inconsistencies (sometimes he has pocket presence and sometimes he doesnt, and he'll force a ball into a tight window sometimes because its further downfield than the easy 5-6 yard checkdown).

How crazy is it that Schaub still spends the entirety of games now wearing his fucking helmet and warming up on occasion? Nobody has said anything about that, and it drives me nuts. Why isn't he holding a clipboard? It tells you everything you need to know about Kubiak and his dedication to developing Keenum.

Also, yea, having Cushing be our only decent LB is fucking nuts. We had to have one come off the street (Mays) and play OK for us to not look terrible the last two games.

MechDX

Squicken saying real shit? And not spouting Luck fanfiction? Is this an alternate universe?

I disagree with Mech, I think he could be our next QB. We occasionally have an elite running game, and if we can fix part of our o-line, and have Keenum just provide mobility at the QB spot, I think we will be fine on offense. Tbh, I think the game against the Pats was his best one yet. Yeah, he throws risky balls, but so did Luck, RGIII, Wilson etc in their first 16 games. He has an arm, mobility, and his judgement will improve as he gets more first team reps and a staff dedicated to making him better. He just needs to get rid of the rookie inconsistencies (sometimes he has pocket presence and sometimes he doesnt, and he'll force a ball into a tight window sometimes because its further downfield than the easy 5-6 yard checkdown).

How crazy is it that Schaub still spends the entirety of games now wearing his fucking helmet and warming up on occasion? Nobody has said anything about that, and it drives me nuts. Why isn't he holding a clipboard? It tells you everything you need to know about Kubiak and his dedication to developing Keenum.

Also, yea, having Cushing be our only decent LB is fucking nuts. We had to have one come off the street (Mays) and play OK for us to not look terrible the last two games.

Someone on 610 talked about this and felt that Kubiak was forcing Keenum to play like Schaub when he isn't meant to play that way. Kubiak has to see the writing on the wall.

squicken

It's crazy. Most backups have an earpiece. I have no idea if it is Schoob or Kubes' idea, but it so stupid. Most backups help the starter. Schoob just stands there with his stupid helmet on and that dumb expression. I wish he was inactive and TJ was the backup

Narag

It's crazy. Most backups have an earpiece. I have no idea if it is Schoob or Kubes' idea, but it so stupid. Most backups help the starter. Schoob just stands there with his stupid helmet on and that dumb expression. I wish he was inactive and TJ was the backup

Dude still reminds me of Alex after Harbs had moved on.

Afrikan

Dilfer talking shit about Seahawks defense? WTF is up with dude..lol.

edit- said the Seahawks defense has "duped" us into thinking their great, let alone very good...lol. Said they have faced bad QBs with 20 QBR ratings for most of the season.

and of course says since they are missing more secondary, they will be worse. (which is obvious...but that other shit is off)

Goodell should take the Steelers first round pick and give it to the Rams. It's the only fair thing

And IF it doesn't happen the Rams defense will move to an exclusively penis tackling strategy

cdyhybrid

Dilfer talking shit about Seahawks defense? WTF is up with dude..lol.

edit- said the Seahawks defense has "duped" us into thinking their great, let alone very good...lol. Said they have faced bad QBs with 20 QBR ratings for most of the season.

and of course says since they are missing more secondary, they will be worse. (which is obvious...but that other shit is off)

Good. Please push that narrative, Dilfer. Also, make sure the locker room hears it!

cdyhybrid

The Patriots have beaten a whole bunch of trash besides the Saints and Broncos. I can't believe they lost to the Jets. smh

There just aren't a lot of good teams out, most of everyone's schedule is going to be pretty bad.

The whole NFC is in the playoff hunt.

Well, except one team. Or 2.

Err, no. If you're going to be that loose with your definition of the playoff hunt then you can say the same thing about the AFC.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The entire city of Houston wouldn't know what to do with itself if Manziel, their star college QB, went to the Texans.

It'd just be crazy to see the amount of fanfare that would come from it!

Dragon

Banned
Which is the better game though? Nintendo can't expect to just ride out the Mario name.

Haha I haven't played either one but I would hazard a guess and say Knack is very formulaic and repetitive. And 3D World and Zelda have been media darlings the last couple of weeks, probably for good reason.

Trey

Haha I haven't played either one but I would hazard a guess and say Knack is very formulaic and repetitive. And 3D World and Zelda have been media darlings the last couple of weeks, probably for good reason.

3D World is better.

So guys, Knack outsold Super Mario 3D World in the UK.

knackedoutxmz29.gif

:jncccccc
Not difficult to do when the Wii U install base is so low and only a portion will buy the game upon release.
The entire city of Houston wouldn't know what to do with itself if Manziel, their star college QB, went to the Texans.

But Case is a hometown hero too. :(

Tamanon

Banned
Somewhat surprisingly, Houston is favored by 3 points in Jacksonville on Thursday.

I expect Schaub to come in and get the Texans their first win in a while.

The Patriots have beaten a whole bunch of trash besides the Saints and Broncos. I can't believe they lost to the Jets. smh

Patriots and Seahawks both have 2 marquee wins so far. If the Seahawks beat the Saints and 49ers again they will have the best wins in all of football.

cajunator

Banned
I'd love to have your support brother but if you do decide to support the saints it's no worries!! I just hope it's a good game! :)

yeah, heres to a good game!

Not sure who to root for tonight. I like both of your teams, Cajun and Rando. ;__;

Love ya man

Knack is ok. I watched a friend playing several hours of it on twitch. Its apparently prety hard, but yes repetitive. the Mario game has quite a lot more variety and some really clever bits like shooting fireballs through the pipes and picking up piranha plants. Really really fun.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I feel like the Texans have been through this situation before...

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

yea right. It would mostly be aggie fans. Most everyone i know that aren't aggie fans don't care about Manziel, some even hate him for his off the field antics.

Pats also barely beat some trash as well. I'm feeling real confident at home in three weeks.

Time for one fraud to expose another!

I'm kidding, Ravens are not frauds.

Top Bottom