• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 13 |OT| Guns of the Patriots

uh5Oy4s.jpg

#GoHawks

No ass

bionic77

If that blonde on the left was giving you that look in that bikini you would be able to get over her tiny ass in record time.

GAF is definitely into fat girls. All GAF cares about is a fat ass. And if there is one thing fat girls have plenty of, it is ass. What they are lacking is self esteem. Add those two together along with a desperation for sex and we have the perfect gf for most of GF.

jakncoke

Banned
Even crazier to think how fast we have turned on him.

He is a fun coach to have when the team is stacked. But he seems a step slow now that we suck. As bad as we are we lost several close games due to that inability to react from him and the other coaches.

Going to be a very interesting offseason for the Steelers. Looks like we fucked up by ditching Arians and putting all the blame on him.

I also wonder if we would be better off with Whisenhunt as our HC?

Well you cant turn spoiled steak into a 5 star dinner and you cant turn bum wine into a fine wine. I blame our current state on who ever has been missing on our draft classes and those that signed the contracts that put us against the wall then in their brilliant infamy moved salary into bonus for later years making our top 5 or whatever players completely cemented to our team if we dont pull a Raiders. Steelers are the poster child on how NOT to reconfigure your cap.

Dutch I'm really sad our friendship is put on hold for one week.

Personally just hoping the game will be as fun as the Jags one. Also want to see Gordon keep putting in work.

One week, our Shirtless bromance will endure.

Your not the only one that needs Russell to drink some of that "Throw INT juice"....

I'm using the Saints D over Hawks D because my opponent has wussle going..

Sorry Hawks.

Let's hope the bounty system is intact for the night.

If that blonde on the left was giving you that look in that bikini you would be able to get over her tiny ass in record time.

GAF is definitely into fat girls. All GAF cares about is a fat ass. And if there is one thing fat girls have plenty of, it is ass. What they are lacking is self esteem. Add those two together along with a desperation for sex and we have the perfect gf for most of GF.

Pour some alcohol into her and she's perfect for Ben.

Dear Saints players and fans, for Shirtless Fantasy reasons I need Russel Wilson to not play tonight. I don't care who wins or loses, I just need Russel Wilson out for the night.

For the person that makes this happen I have a sweet price or 'bounty' to collect: 1 limited edition shirtless T-shirt, a Mars bar and 7 euros and 40 cents.

Call me,

Dutch
Counter-offer to Saints players and fans: 2 white undershirts (TAGLESS!), a pair of earplugs, a black sharpie, and however many dollars and cents it takes to match Dutch's alien currency or whatever.

Let's hope the bounty system is intact for the night.
Wussell gon' style all over your team's face. I will laugh all the way to the bank where I will acquire the money to pay off the inevitable fine I'll get for beating you.

exarkun

Obligatory post in the nfl thread.

Texans suck, but so do the Jags, and Titans. And the Colts are mediocre. For such a down year in the AFC, wish we could have done bett...not! 1st pick will be ours, thank you Jags and Falcons. Trade down to get some of the picks the Browns have, and we good.

Milchjon

Coldplay, you could've just told me that was a random nameless girl.

You suck. I hope Tegan/Sara/whoever you prefer grows her hair long.

squicken

He did it at least 2-3 more times yesterday!

And so far no one has any idea when he got concussed.

I know haha. I saw one where he wasn't even going to be sacked. He just has zero pocket presence. Very similar to Geno Smith. Both can sling it but also just so reckless with the ball

As far as the concussion, it's hard not to think he knows the magic words to get him out of the game

So Olivier Vernon (DE) has more sacks than Cameron Wake (who did miss a few games in his defense) and is tied for 6th in the league. And even feeling confident in Vernon's ability Ireland moved up to draft another DE third overall instead of an offensive linemen. I can't quite figure that one out.

njean777

I can't believe the stupidity of Skip and Stephen A. Well I shouldn't be shocked. But even the guys on NFL Network.

Discussing Vick and Foles and they keep talking about how NOW they offense is finally working.

No you idiots. Vick was playing actually really well and while he didn't have 0 interceptions his turnovers were leaps and bounds lower than the last 2 years. The offense was working and clicking. He just hurt his hamstring. Foles didn't just come in because Vick was playing bad, it was because he couldn't play cause of the injury. Foles has out played him but this revisionist history is annoying as fuck. I don't know where we would be with Vick starting but I doubt we would be losing games because of him.

The biggest story, besides Foles emerging, has been the development of the defense. We were ranked 32 for the first 6 weeks and now seemed to have gelled to a point where if the offense scores 24+, our D can hold the opponents to around 20 or lower. Earlier in the season the D was easily giving up 30+ even when the offense scored 30+

But to these analysts even the D is only playing better because they trust Foles. Oh really? How about those 2 games against the Cowboys and Giants where the offense managed 3 and then 0 points respectively? The D played lights out and kept the game close. Dallas scored 17 (but only in garbage time) and the Giants scored 15 (off of 5 FGs). The D has improved steadily no matter who is at QB.

Foles is and should be the starter. Vick is gone barring some major injury to Foles in these final games. BUT lets not re-create what happened. Vick was playing well. The offense was scoring. The Eagles were #2 in the league in all offensive categories behind the Broncos. The problem was the D. Then the problem was both Vick and Foles being hurt.

Now that both are healthy, Foles is playing lights out, and the D has turned it around, the Eagles are winning. If tomorrow Foles tears his knee in practice and Vick has to start I'd be just as confident.

Also on the 0 interceptions fascination. I am not one of those fans who thinks any time a QB throws a pick that he automatically sucks and should be yanked. Or that its the end of the world. So the fact that Foles has zero picks is amazing and great. But if he had 1-2-3-4-5 or hell even 10 INTs, as long he is making more good plays and the team is winning who cares? I say this because couple of these games Foles has been extremely lucky where the CBs have dropped picks, or his WRs become CBs and break up a sure INT, and even yesterday where the refs called back a pick a on very questionable holding call. So its super he has 0 INTs but some of it is extremely lucky. He has fumbled a couple of times from trying to fight out of sacks.

He will throw picks the way he sometimes chucks it up. Arizona should have had 3 picks yesterday. DJAX and Cooper broke up two and the regs gifted the ball back to the Eagles on the other. I just hope he has it in him to over come those turnovers which are around the corner.

I also don't like overall how the offense has played in the 2nd half two weeks in a row. They seem to relax. Foles seems to wait forever to try to hit the deep ball instead of moving the chains like the offense does in the first half.

Anyway fuck analysts and bring on Detroit.

I want to know why Vick is not playing, I like Foles but Vick was doing just fine this year until his injury. I just do not want to see him traded and replaced by Foles.

Also Texans need help, we need a new coach, and idk about Keenum yet. I have a feeling we are going to lose this thursday as well, but at least my eagles are doing decent.

So Olivier Vernon (DE) has more sacks than Cameron Wake (who did miss a few games in his defense) and is tied for 6th in the league. And even feeling confident in Vernon's ability Ireland moved up to draft another DE third overall instead of an offensive linemen. I can't quite figure that one out.

I can...he's an idiot and needs to go.

I can...he's an idiot and needs to go.
He is... but he did draft Olivier Vernon who has turned into a pretty solid DE. That's the thing, he hits on some great talent from time to time but he's so bad at filling all the holes. I think his failures with drafting o-linemen will be his downfall ultimately.

Also, Karlos Dansby leads the league in tackles. Would the D be better with him at MLB instead of Ellerbee? I'm not sure but the thought intrigues me. Meanwhile Phillip Wheeler leads the team in tackles and Reshad Jones (freaking love this dude, oh my goodness) is second.

squicken

ESPN QB Report bottom tier

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/104596/nfl-week-13-qb-report

Andrew Luck
Passer rating: 59.4
QBR: 37.1
Briefly: Luck's QBR in five games without receiver Reggie Wayne is 39.8. His QBR in seven games with him was 71.9.

Brandon Weeden
Passer rating: 94.8
QBR: 29.0
Briefly: Weeden's average throw to receiver Josh Gordon traveled 22.7 yards past the line of scrimmage, but the pair still connected on 66.7 percent of those passes. Weeden's other 25 passes averaged 6.0 yards past the line. He completed 56 percent of them.

Carson Palmer
Passer rating: 85.6
QBR: 27.8
Briefly: Palmer attempted four passes of at least 30 yards downfield, leading to two interceptions and one completion. He has completed 20 percent of such passes this season, ranking No. 29 in the NFL.

Kellen Clemens
Passer rating: 67.2
QBR: 18.7
Briefly: Clemens completed 51.4 percent of his passes, the fifth time in five starts he has failed to connect on at least 60 percent.

Mike Glennon
Passer rating: 73.5
QBR: 16.7
Briefly: Glennon completed all 11 attempts to the middle of the field but missed on 7 of 10 attempts on passes outside the numbers.

Matt Flynn
Passer rating: 51.9
QBR: 2.1
Briefly: Flynn made some weak throws Thursday against the Detroit Lions but also faced enormous pressure. He was sacked on seven of 28 dropbacks, the highest percentage against a Packers quarterback since at least 2006. Four of those sacks came against the Lions' standard four-man rush, and in total, nine of his 21 dropbacks against it were disrupted.

Geno Smith
Passer rating: 8.3
QBR: 1.6
Briefly: Before he was benched, Smith compiled his fifth consecutive game with a QBR under 15. The only quarterback since 2006 to have more was JaMarcus Russell for the Raiders in 2009.

LevelNth

Banned
Does anyone know or had experience with Apple replacing an iPhone due to battery issues past warranty?

My 5 bought last year in September (so roughly 2 months or so past warranty) is just out of control with ios7. For example right now I'm under 7 hours standby, only 2 hours and 5 minutes usage (none of which was phone calls or video, and 30 or so minutes of it was screen off mp3 player) and it's at 37%.

Worse than that 9 times out of 10 it shuts off randomly under 25% and won't turn back on without a charge, so I essentially have to subtract 20% all the time.

It's borderline unusable without mid-day charging, and likely twice if I have to use it heavily. Pissing me off.

Counter-offer to Saints players and fans: 2 white undershirts (TAGLESS!), a pair of earplugs, a black sharpie, and however many dollars and cents it takes to match Dutch's alien currency or whatever.

Wussell gon' style all over your team's face. I will laugh all the way to the bank where I will acquire the money to pay off the inevitable fine I'll get for beating you.

First of all, to the Saints players/fans. I will up my reward. 8 euros and 31 cents, a signed Shirtless picture of me, a copy of my to be written biography 'A Shirtless Leader: How not wearing a shirt changed the world' and a meet-and-greet with me where I will give a masterclass in how to draw up a play.

Now, I'll make you a deal, you will bench Russel now, not starting a single QB and I will only fine you 100k for being a pain in my butt. Otherwise, you will be challenging Greg for the largest fine ever and possibly a suspension.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Wow Detroit's 15th in total D I thought we was way worst than that

IIRC we are 5th in stopping the run, but our secondary puts us down to 15th. Our front 7 has been stout all year though with at least three probowlers (Levy, Suh and Fairley).

All the more confidence if we play a run first team like the Panthers, Niners or Hawks in the playoffs. The Saints are my worst fear in the NFC playoff picture. The rest of the teams I have no doubt we win if everyone is clicking.

Finally bought a 3DS to fully join the shame circle.

Who wants to sell me Fire Emblem?

I just started playing yesterday. Its as great as everyone claimed. On Chapter 9.

My GOTY is Last of Us, but that could change by the end of the month. Going to beat FE, Zelda and Bioshock Infinite.

cdyhybrid

First of all, to the Saints players/fans. I will up my reward. 8 euros and 31 cents, a signed Shirtless picture of me, a copy of my to be written biography 'A Shirtless Leader: How not wearing a shirt changed the world' and a meet-and-greet with me where I will give a masterclass in how to draw up a play.

Now, I'll make you a deal, you will bench Russel now, not starting a single QB and I will only fine you 100k for being a pain in my butt. Otherwise, you will be challenging Greg for the largest fine ever and possibly a suspension.

I miss the happy-go-lucky Dutch that didn't support purposely injuring people. That avatar has changed you :(

Russell-Wilson-001.jpg

Wow such shallow thinking. First of of all I would take a lesser looking chick over them three if they have ass. Cause I'm an ass man all day. Also there are plenty of chicks with ass or big asses who are not fat at all so it stupid to think this way. Also no I wouldn't go after that blonde at all cause there are better looking chick that actually have ass.

squicken

I hate QBR as well but no matter the metric Luck has been a different QB without Wayne. It's pretty shocking to me just how far he's dropped off, honestly.

Tom Brady also started becoming elite again once Gronk came back. Especially with QBs on bad teams, it's the eyeball test. That's what is worrying about Tannehill. He is getting worse. Not seeing throws that are there, or is late and makes bad throws.

I saw this coming, and said early in the year that the best thing for his career would be a season ending injury to his non-throwing arm

IIRC we are 5th in stopping the run, but our secondary puts us down to 15th. Our front 7 has been stout all year though with at least three probowlers (Levy, Suh and Fairley).

All the more confidence if we play a run first team like the Panthers, Niners or Hawks in the playoffs. The Saints are my worst fear in the NFC playoff picture. The rest of the teams I have no doubt we win if everyone is clicking.

3rd against the run and 26th against the pass so it seems about right.
Also Bush is 7th in rushing yards. Didn't expect him to be so high up there Hope he makes the Pro Bowl as well

I miss the happy-go-lucky Dutch that didn't support purposely injuring people. That avatar has changed you :(

I didn't change. You're still my bro and I would love to party with you in Vegas. I just need Russel out for 1 game, after this he can keep doing what he does.

I still hope you guys win, just hope it's without Russel.

That mocha man will be the death of my Fantasy team. I'll just shut down the league before it happens, or change the points to where TEs get 10x the point per TDs.

Also, saw you talking 'bout your LBs.

SyHxQQn.jpg

For what exactly are you guys paying Ellerbe 7 million?

exarkun

I want to know why Vick is not playing, I like Foles but Vick was doing just fine this year until his injury. I just do not want to see him traded and replaced by Foles.

Also Texans need help, we need a new coach, and idk about Keenum yet. I have a feeling we are going to lose this thursday as well, but at least my eagles are doing decent.

7 of Texans 10 losses came at a combined 25 points.

First off, what the fuck is this?

Second, jakncoke, what do Texans fans take away from that? Are close losses on the coach, the team's effort, or individual players? Schaub probably attributed to 3 of those 7 with his pick sixes, but the others are on...what? Bad coaching? You don't lose 10 games and it just be offensive schemes and shit. Yea there weren't adjustments made in the second half offensively, and special teams were bad, but some of it are on the players.

We need better linebackers, and someone on the right side of our o-line. Some of my friends are of the mindset that we trade Antonio Smith (on our d-line) and Arian (since hes apparently already late career Terrell Davis). I don't care really, but I already know what will happen with that first round pick: we pick up a QB, they go into camp, Case outworks everyone and looks great, and thus we wasted a pick on a potential backup.

Tom Brady also started becoming elite again once Gronk came back. Especially with QBs on bad teams, it's the eyeball test. That's what is worrying about Tannehill. He is getting worse. Not seeing throws that are there, or is late and makes bad throws.

I saw this coming, and said early in the year that the best thing for his career would be a season ending injury to his non-throwing arm
Did you watch him yesterday? Easily his best game of the season. Some really nice throws down the seam, good pocket awareness and movement (including some nice scrambles), great on third downs, good timing and accuracy. I was very impressed with the game he put together.

Why did he play so much better? First of all, the Dolphins had a running game! It helped him tremendously (imagine that!). Also, he didn't throw many deep passes and he fed off of bad CB play by Milliner and a non-100% Cromartie. Cromartie was giving Wallace a huge cushion so Tannehill was hitting him on a lot of short to intermediate stuff but for once the accuracy was there and Wallace was actually generating some YAC.

All of that said, I agree with you. The overall trend of Tannehill this season has been regression, and it primarily has to do with abysmal pass protection and zero running game. He also continues to hurt himself with bad timing on deep balls. He's got the arm but he underthrows deep passes far too frequently. I'm very scared for him but if yesterday was any indication there is still hope for things to go in a positive direction the rest of this season. It's crazy that UDFA Brenner and sub-par Nate Garner have actually made the o-line better, but from what I've seen that has indeed been the case.

He is... but he did draft Olivier Vernon who has turned into a pretty solid DE. That's the thing, he hits on some great talent from time to time but he's so bad at filling all the holes. I think his failures with drafting o-linemen will be his downfall ultimately.

Also, Karlos Dansby leads the league in tackles. Would the D be better with him at MLB instead of Ellerbee? I'm not sure but the thought intrigues me. Meanwhile Phillip Wheeler leads the team in tackles and Reshad Jones (freaking love this dude, oh my goodness) is second.

I know he's had success and I won't even blame him during the parcel years, but like you said the cluster fuck that has been this oline is all on him, it was the biggest problem going into the draft and free agency and he did nothing to address it. This years draft has been a complete bust so far, while Jordan has played really well when he's on the field he's hardly been used and we moved up to get him. Also I don't miss Sean Smith or Vante Davis but why the hell is Carroll still on this team?? As for Wheeler and Ellerbee they are just as frustrating to watch as Dansby/Burnett so that really wasn't much of an upgrade, more of a lateral move really. The dude has had his hits but his misses are far too great and glaring to overcome/excuse.

Even crazier to think how fast we have turned on him.

He is a fun coach to have when the team is stacked. But he seems a step slow now that we suck. As bad as we are we lost several close games due to that inability to react from him and the other coaches.

Going to be a very interesting offseason for the Steelers. Looks like we fucked up by ditching Arians and putting all the blame on him.

I also wonder if we would be better off with Whisenhunt as our HC?

How fast you've turned on him maybe.

First four games of the year Steelers were playing with a street FA at Center, no TEs worth a damn and RBs who couldn't move or hold onto the ball. Offensive line gels and the team looks competent again, and that's with the old and busted parts on defense. With all the "terrible" drafting Ben hasn't been sacked in 2 games. I can't remember the last time that happened.

njean777

First off, what the fuck is this?

Second, jakncoke, what do Texans fans take away from that? Are close losses on the coach, the team's effort, or individual players? Schaub probably attributed to 3 of those 7 with his pick sixes, but the others are on...what? Bad coaching? You don't lose 10 games and it just be offensive schemes and shit. Yea there weren't adjustments made in the second half offensively, and special teams were bad, but some of it are on the players.

We need better linebackers, and someone on the right side of our o-line. Some of my friends are of the mindset that we trade Antonio Smith (on our d-line) and Arian (since hes apparently already late career Terrell Davis). I don't care really, but I already know what will happen with that first round pick: we pick up a QB, they go into camp, Case outworks everyone and looks great, and thus we wasted a pick on a potential backup.

When I got into football we (Houston) had no team, so I picked the eagles since I played them all the time in NFL blitz and have followed them ever since.

Wes

venison crêpe
Current 2014 NFL Draft order Superbowl lineup:

1. Houston Texans - 2-10 (.550)
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - 3-9 (.503)
3. St. Louis Rams (via Washington Redskins) - 3-9 (.521)
4. Atlanta Falcons - 3-9 (.559)
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 3-9 (.582)
6. Minnesota Vikings 3-8-1 (.534)
7. Cleveland Browns 4-8 (.505)
8. Oakland Raiders - 4-8 (.510)
9. Buffalo Bills - 4-8 (.518)
10. Pittsburgh Steelers - 5-7 (.479)

I know he's had success and I won't even blame him during the parcel years, but like you said the cluster fuck that has been this oline is all on him, it was the biggest problem going into the draft and free agency and he did nothing to address it. This years draft has been a complete bust so far, while Jordan has played really well when he's on the field he's hardly been used and we moved up to get him. Also I don't miss Sean Smith or Vante Davis but why the hell is Carroll still on this team?? As for Wheeler and Ellerbee they are just as frustrating to watch as Dansby/Burnett so that really wasn't much of an upgrade, more of a lateral move really. The dude has had his hits but his misses are far too great and glaring to overcome/excuse.
Yeah...

Philbin is huge on playing his best players regardless of draft status or whatever, which is why Olivier Vernon has played so much more than Dion Jordan. What's sad to me is that apparently Nolan Carroll is better than the two rookie CB's the Dolphins just drafted in the second and third rounds, at least in the eyes of the coaching staff. Considering how abysmal he has been this season what does that say about those two rookies? Then you have Dallas Thomas, a OG selected in the third round who has been inactive every game this season, while UDFA rookie Brenner gets a couple of starts? Yeah, this draft has been a flop and a half so far.

That said, it's still too early to draw any major conclusions on the 2013 draft class. By the end of next year we'll know for sure if it's as bad as it looks so far.

Yeah...

Philbin is huge on playing his best players regardless of draft status or whatever, which is why Olivier Vernon has played so much more than Dion Jordan. What's sad to me is that apparently Nolan Carroll is better than the two rookie CB's the Dolphins just drafted in the second and third rounds, at least in the eyes of the coaching staff. Considering how abysmal he has been this season what does that say about those two rookies? Then you have Dallas Thomas, a OG selected in the third round who has been inactive every game this season, while UDFA rookie Brenner gets a couple of starts? Yeah, this draft has been a flop and a half so far.

That said, it's still too early to draw any major conclusions on the 2013 draft class. By the end of next year we'll know for sure if it's as bad as it looks so far.

True about the draft class, I just hope we have a new GM by next years draft.

Oh and I forgot to mention Daniel Thomas...yeah...

Tom Penny

Imagine the Pats offense if Hernandez wasn't falsely accused and thrown in jail awiting his acquittal.

squicken

Did you watch him yesterday? Easily his best game of the season. Some really nice throws down the seam, good pocket awareness and movement (including some nice scrambles), great on third downs, good timing and accuracy. I was very impressed with the game he put together. .

I heard he had a great second half, which I did not see. Good to hear! I thought he was really shaky in the first half, and that plus Geno, was making me not enjoy that game, so I switched it over to CHI-MIN. But the highlights looked good. I think that QB Report said he wasn't blitzed as frequently, which seems weird for the Jets to do. Bad OL play is as much about not picking up blitzes as it is about bad 1v1 blocking

Imagine the Pats offense if Hernandez wasn't falsely accused and thrown in jail awiting his acquittal.

And if they started cheating earlier in the season instead of against the already terrible Texans.

I heard he had a great second half, which I did not see. Good to hear! I thought he was really shaky in the first half, and that plus Geno, was making me not enjoy that game, so I switched it over to CHI-MIN. But the highlights looked good. I think that QB Report said he wasn't blitzed as frequently, which seems weird for the Jets to do. Bad OL play is as much about not picking up blitzes as it is about bad 1v1 blocking

And he's usually better against the blitz so that's an improvement, at least for one game.

Bread

Banned
What about if Peyton didn't threaten the safety of Wes Welker's family and friends if he didn't take the Denver contract.

The Patriots are probably the most unlucky franchise in the history of sports, but we stick with our team through thick and thin.

Boston Strong

Top Bottom