• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 13 |OT| Guns of the Patriots

So you are literally blaming joe flacco for the ravens losing the 2011 afc championship game? That's what you're saying right???

I just wanna be clear so I can put u on ignore and end this for good.

First off, if you want to ignore me, go ahead. But if that's how you handle people with dissenting opinions, that's weak sauce.

And to your question.....I don't understand. Of course I don't blame Joe for that game, and I acknowledge he's a solid playoff QB. Is that the question? Does Joe Flacco play well in the playoffs? Yes. I don't think I've done anything recently but gush about the ideas of getting him to the playoffs. But if the question is "would you have signed Joe Flacco after we won the Superbowl" my answer is still no, and I think it was a mark move by a front office that usually, doesn't act like a bunch of marks, and could give a fuck about "fanservice" when it came to winning.

Flacco ain't worth 20 million a year. I undestand that it was "a perfect storm" that landed him in a place where he could demand that and where he could get it from someone, but that doesn't change the fact he is not worth that money, based on his football talent. And I'm just not a proponent of paying someone more than their worth, despite the fact that he could get it somewhere else. If someone else wants to overpay, that's fine, and if some people are ok with that, that's fine too. But I'm not.

jakncoke

Banned
So you are literally blaming joe flacco for the ravens losing the 2011 afc championship game? That's what you're saying right???

I just wanna be clear so I can put u on ignore and end this for good.

put u on ignore
put u on ignore
put u on ignore
put u on ignore

CHS-1017-genuine-bitch-made-in-usa-sticker-950x675.jpg

steeelers5.gif

Both Decastro and Velasco whiff, but they manage to get enough of their bodies in the way for Bell to make hay.

I pray that some day, some day, the Steelers get a screen pass off like this.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Anyone post this up yet? Jovan Belcher story a year after it all went down.

It's pretty sad to read, sometimes as a fan I don't want to know this shit.. but then you do.

Worth a read, it's actually a pretty good read considering it's Bleacher Report.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t3

Not quite SI quality, and I think the story does deserve an even longer more in-depth look.

xnipx

I'm bitch made because I'm tired of someone constantly criticizing my qb for no good reason at all? Larry acts as if the ravens entire offensive failure is somehow due to flaccos contract as if there aren't over paid players all over our team. People who won games for teams get good contracts all the time. He's still a top 15 qb to me and to KEEP a qb better than most of his peers you have to pay him when he becomes a free agent. Every qb going forward will be "over paid" by his standards if there's only 5 QBs "worth" that money.

You said that you wanted a new qb during the 2012 off season. So I'm saying how can you actually believe that unless for some reason you believe joe lost that game for us against the pats??

jakncoke

Banned
I'm bitch made because I'm tired of someone constantly criticizing my qb for no good reason at all? Larry acts as if the ravens entire offensive failure is somehow due to flaccos contract as if there aren't over paid players all over our team. People who won games for teams get good contracts all the time. He's still a top 15 qb to me and to KEEP a qb better than most of his peers you have to pay him when he becomes a free agent. Every qb going forward will be "over paid" by his standards if there's only 5 QBs "worth" that money.

You said that you wanted a new qb during the 2012 off season. So I'm saying how can you actually believe that unless for some reason you believe joe lost that game for us against the pats??

To be fair its Larry qb as well and Flacco is indeed not good. So theres that. The way im seeing it you're a extreme fanboy of Flacco and he is a extreme hater. You 2 need to come to a middle ground, fuck and get on with more important things.

I'm bitch made because I'm tired of someone constantly criticizing my qb for no good reason at all?

I wouldn't say for no good reason.

Clearly things have changed since then, but if I remember correctly, my thought process was "he can't get us over the hump". Obviously, he has done that. But COME ON BRO!!!! This is like arguing chocolate vs vanilla! You're of the opinion that you pay "to keep a qb better than most of his peers," and you overpay if neccessary. I'm of the opinion that it's not worth overpaying and I'd rather cut someone loose if it'll hinder the franchises financial capabilities going forward. We have different opinions, it happens. We can both be wrong. Now get it together and focus on what's important....winning this game tommorrow, making the playoffs, and having Joe Flacco ascend into greatness again and you can shove it in my face, and I'll eat crow all day.

Dragon

Banned
Flacco/Harbaughs regular season and post season record paints a different picture than your fictions "wins over an average quarterback" QB is gonna be one of the highest paid positions in the league going forward that's just how it's gonna be. He earned that contract not just from his play last year but his whole career. I guarantee in 3 years he won't even be a too 5 paid QB and all this nonsense will be stupid to argue about.

Flacco is an above average QB being paid as if he's the best. People are going to talk about that.

You love Ben the same say eznark loves black people.

Nobody on the team is above criticism. Not even Ben.

All season i've been calling for him to shorten his throws and take what's there. He finally starts doing it and we start winning. If taking him to task is hating, then sure I hate Ben.

Tom Penny

I don't hate Ben. Not by a longshot. I hate losing, and Ben's insistence on backyard football which hasn't worked since Holmes was a Steeler.

If the Steelers slide into the playoffs they have a better shot than KC, Bungles and the Colts at a SB berth because Big Ben is the QB.

Yup.

I hope you like your Kobe nekkid. Cuz thats how we serve it around here after the Steelers bitch out the Ravens on Thanksgiving!

I'll have you know I'm undefeated in Ravens based avatar bets, including 2-0 against FMT and his Niners. I'm going to learn how to use photoshop, then create a picture of Michael Jordan and Tom Brady making out. Prepare yourself.

Edit: Nevermind on the undefeated Ravens thing. I lost this year at some point, I'm pretty sure.

Crisco

Banned
The main reason I don't want to talk too much shit about Flacco is because Cam Newton is one playoff run away from being the highest paid QB in the league. I just hope we lock up some key defensive players before pissing away the rest of our cap on him.

So we are the only team to not score above 27 points this season, if we don't score more than 30 by seasons end it'll be only the 2nd time in franchise history that we've 'accomplished' that...I'm so proud

Tom Penny

So we are the only team to not score above 27 points this season, if we don't score more than 30 by seasons end it'll be only the 2nd time in franchise history that we've 'accomplished' that...I'm so proud

Pay good O Lineman instead of one trick pony WR's that rely on O Lineman giving the QB time to get him the ball downfield.

bionic77

I'll have you know I'm undefeated in Ravens based avatar bets, including 2-0 against FMT and his Niners. I'm going to learn how to use photoshop, then create a picture of Michael Jordan and Tom Brady making out. Prepare yourself.

Edit: Nevermind on the undefeated Ravens thing. I lost this year at some point, I'm pretty sure.
Pretty sure that avatar punishes everyone.

And if Jordan wanted Tammys he wouldn't be making out with him. He would get down to business in the locker room shower the way he did with poor old Bill Cartwright. If Jordan can ass rape 7 foot centers a slow ass white qb is not going to pose much of a challenge.

KaYotiX

Banned
Buddy got tickets to Packers/Cowboys on Dec 15th!

Any Cowboys Gaf guys have any tips for going to the game/stadium?

The funniest thing about it is they are both Raven fans haha

Lay off him, Ravens GAF can't afford to lose anyone.

I understand his point, in that I understand that people exist who feel this way. He does. My mom does. That Ravens fan i almost fought in Chicago does. I would say there is a fairly even split in the fanbase over Flacco.

Top Bottom