• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 13 |OT| Guns of the Patriots

cashman

Banned
Buddy got tickets to Packers/Cowboys on Dec 15th!

Any Cowboys Gaf guys have any tips for going to the game/stadium?

Make sure to find out which side of the stadium your seats are in, because it can be pretty annoying to wait in line and then have them tell you have to use the other entrance on the opposite side of the stadium. Other than that I can't imagine traffic should be to bad for a football game.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Was he even playing last game in Green Bay? Was your D line awake that game?

It was the only Lions game I didn`t watch this year. Was going to go to San Diego to watch the game but plans changed when some high school buddies came down.

All I know is your elite offense scored what, 19 points?

kas is a closet anime fan

I was just responding to the question and typed Detroit Lions anime into Google. I swear guys I did not have those previously saved on my HD. Honest.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I was just responding to the question and typed Detroit Lions anime into Google. I swear guys I did not have those previously saved on my HD. Honest.

jlaw-okay.gif

bionic77

Ah I read that too. There is a thread about it? Honestly, that shit doesn't even surprise me anymore. It happens everywhere and it's more blatant than ever. On national television, at my university, everywhere.

I'm pretty sure the Dutchies used to be cool (or were at least trying to hide their racism), but nowadays with Geert Wilders for instance, it's pretty much accepted.

2 things he loved the most: Pats fans and everything Mexico.
That's fucked about the racism.

Also leave chan alone.

Milchjon

Ah I read that too. There is a thread about it? Honestly, that shit doesn't even surprise me anymore. It happens everywhere and it's more blatant than ever. On national television, at my university, everywhere.

I'm pretty sure the Dutchies used to be cool (or were at least trying to hide their racism), but nowadays with Geert Wilders for instance, it's pretty much accepted.

Really? I was hoping this was one of these things that the foreign press likes to blow out of proportion that no one inside the country really even notices...

Anyway

schein-600x146.jpg

Really? I was hoping this was one of these things that the foreign press likes to blow out of proportion that no one inside the country really even notices...

Anyway

schein-600x146.jpg

I wish, I think it can still go unnoticed, but only if you shove your head so far up your own asshole it comes back out via your dickhole.

For instance on one of those talent shows, a man of Asian descent came on stage and one of the hosts said something like "I would like a number 47 with white rice" before the guy even did anything, to then have the crowd laugh their asses off.

Interesting to see that the Dutch are getting a bad rep internationally for this shit. They deserve it.

cajunator

Banned
Reggie Bush is on pace for only 1,629 total yards. Looks like he'll fall short guys.

says the guy with the WTFISTHATSHIT avatar.

its from a videogame.
Blazblue trophy called "Those damn pedos". Platinum does a move where she taunts the opponent. If they attack she counters and after three times you get the trophy.

Kyle Boller had the same, if not better, defense that Flacco had and a damn good running back in Jamal Lewis and he accomplished jack shit. Let's keep that in perspective. Joe makes this team better than it was before.

Ravens FO has been so good at drafting everything except the QB position I'll gamble with overpaying Flacco over taking our chances in the draft. Especially seeing how in all reality a football contract is barely worth the paper it's written on. We'll see constant movement and restructuring on it as the years go on to minimize it's impact. Also, with the market constantly shifting more towards QB his contract will seem quite quaint in a few years.

Joe's contract isn't why we're 5-6 and neither is injury, dumb coaching and bad play in the red zone is. These are fixable things.

And Tannenhill is Boller 2.0 Larry, no way I'd take him over Flacco.

Milchjon

The Patriots Might Have An Audible Named For Belichick's Girlfriend

In the second half of the Patriots’ victory over the Broncos on Sunday, a curious audible call was heard coming from Tom Brady as the Pats were driving for a score to get within a field goal of Denver.

In fact, “Cougar! Cougar! Linda!” was the play he called right before throwing a touchdown strike to Rob Gronkowski to bring the Pats back from the dead and within 3 points of Wes Welker & Co.

Bonus Pic

ku-xlarge.jpg

haha that banner

Normal cycle. Comes back around to this now and then. You should have seen the lockout thread. deviant art everywhere. :(
You know what? Fuck this shit, this week should be "Anime Avatar Bet Week". We do bets and if your team loses you get punished with the NFL Team anime avatar of the winners' choice.

WHERE ARE THE WASHINGTON FANS???

Bread

Banned
WHERE ARE THE WASHINGTON FANS???
Seriously, I don't understand why they left. They have one of the most promising young QBs in the league, not to mention a serviceable wildcat QB that they drafted to be his backup. That team is going to be scary in a couple years assuming they use their 1st round picks wisely.

Kyle Boller had the same, if not better, defense that Flacco had and a damn good running back in Jamal Lewis and he accomplished jack shit. Let's keep that in perspective. Joe makes this team better than it was before.

Ravens FO has been so good at drafting everything except the QB position I'll gamble with overpaying Flacco over taking our chances in the draft. Especially seeing how in all reality a football contract is barely worth the paper it's written on. We'll see constant movement and restructuring on it as the years go on to minimize it's impact. Also, with the market constantly shifting more towards QB his contract will seem quite quaint in a few years.

Joe's contract isn't why we're 5-6 and neither is injury, dumb coaching and bad play in the red zone is. These are fixable things.

And Tannenhill is Boller 2.0 Larry, no way I'd take him over Flacco.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Joe Flacco, but my problem isn't that I think he's the shittiest of the shit. He's not. He's a very fine QB. I just don't like paying fine QBs that much. And if Flacco had come out and lit it up this year like he did in the playoffs, it have been one thing. However, not only did he not light it up....he's been worse than ever.

Here's his line from this year:

GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS TD INT FUM QBR RAT
11 238 403 59.1 2,742 14 14 6 48.5 76.8

(key take away.....under 60% completion rate, 2:3 TD to TO ratio)

Already has 2 more INTs than his worst year, is 1 TO away from having the most of his career, and his QB rating is the lowest of his career. We're 5-6, and it's not his contracts fault, but it's not like his play isn't to blame. We've lost 6 games.....4 have been by three points or less, and 5 have been within a TD. Yes, coaching has made some mistakes this year, but Flacco hasn't even been himself, he's been worse.

And....he's acting like a pompous dick with his whole "this 2QB system is garbage, wah wah" bullshit. This is offputting to me. He's got some crazy ego which, to some degree, is deserved after winning a Superbowl, but lets be real....he called himself ELITE well before he won shit.

I wish Flacco had justified his contract, and I even wish he was as good as last year, but he hasn't been himself this year. But yes, he's better than Boller. And damn he throws a nice deep ball and draws phenomenal DPIs, but if you're going to get overpaid and then underperform, you better AT LEAST be a little charismatic.

JABEE

Jaguar fan, please make some predictions and incite Fake Chan. We need something to distract everyone from some of these hideous pictures that have been posted in this thread over the past few hours.

I thought we were civilized in this thread. eznark would never stand for this. How could you guys sully this great masterpiece that Buckethead has devised?

Jaguar fan, please make some predictions and incite Fake Chan. We need something to distract everyone from some of these hideous pictures that have been posted in this thread over the past few hours.

I thought we were civilized in this thread. eznark would never stand for this. How could you guys sully this great masterpiece that Buckethead has devised?

I predict that the Lightning will defeat the Flyers tonight.

Narag

Buckethead would approve so long as justification was presented as a Michael Caine image macro claiming some men just want to watch the world burn.

squicken

I've always felt pretty salty about the Rams awful 2012 second round: Quick, Jenkins and Pead. 2 probable busts and a CB who I think will always be more talent than production

Reading Simmons' mailbag, with CLE's first round of Trent Truck and Weeden maybe being the worst first round for any team drafting, I still think it is mitigated by them suckering the Colts for that 2014 first round pick

Why?

Doesn't it make more sense to just work another day? That seems easier than standing in line all night next to an army of sconis looking to buy another cheap LCD.

I am only interested in easy online deals.

We all know your wife wont let you go out and by things for yourself.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Joe Flacco, but my problem isn't that I think he's the shittiest of the shit. He's not. He's a very fine QB. I just don't like paying fine QBs that much. And if Flacco had come out and lit it up this year like he did in the playoffs, it have been one thing. However, not only did he not light it up....he's been worse than ever.

Here's his line from this year:

GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS TD INT FUM QBR RAT
11 238 403 59.1 2,742 14 14 6 48.5 76.8

(key take away.....under 60% completion rate, 2:3 TD to TO ratio)

Already has 2 more INTs than his worst year, is 1 TO away from having the most of his career, and his QB rating is the lowest of his career. We're 5-6, and it's not his contracts fault, but it's not like his play isn't to blame. We've lost 6 games.....4 have been by three points or less, and 5 have been within a TD. Yes, coaching has made some mistakes this year, but Flacco hasn't even been himself, he's been worse.

And....he's acting like a pompous dick with his whole "this 2QB system is garbage, wah wah" bullshit. This is offputting to me. He's got some crazy ego which, to some degree, is deserved after winning a Superbowl, but lets be real....he called himself ELITE well before he won shit.

I wish Flacco had justified his contract, and I even wish he was as good as last year, but he hasn't been himself this year. But yes, he's better than Boller. And damn he throws a nice deep ball and draws phenomenal DPIs, but if you're going to get overpaid and then underperform, you better AT LEAST be a little charismatic.

He is having a bad year. It's funny he turned down a good contract in the 2011 off-season betting on himself that he can play up to a great contract. He wins the gamble gets his money and proceeds to regress. At the end of the day my optimism comes from believing he can get it right and be the QB we need him to be and your pessimism comes from believing this is who Joe really is and it won't get better.

Only time will tell and til then it is what it is but either choice of re-singing him our letting him walk was gonna be a gamble. The front office made the play that seemed like the surer thing because that's what men in suits do when things are going well, try to rock the boat as little as possible.

But really my biggest 2013 question is what the fuck is going on in John Harbaugh's head. On field play non-withstanding we're a couple of bone-head decisions away from being at least 7-4 and fighting for the North instead of the 6 seed.

Top Bottom