• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 13 |OT| Guns of the Patriots

JABEE

Avatar bets should go back to the way it used to be, without the smut. The way it was before cameras, Molly, and PEDs ruined this once great game.

yessssssss

And this is yours if the Raiders win

426140__safe_solo_rarity_parody_logo_artist-colon-xfizzle_american+football_nfl_oakland+raiders.jpg

cdyhybrid

Avatar bets should go back to the way it used to be, without the smut. The way it was before cameras, Molly, and PEDs ruined this once great game.

I miss the good old days where we threw batteries at people, assaulted Santa Claus, and had jails in our stadiums.

I miss the days when we stabbed our enemies and left them bleeding in an alley while we went off to burn all the evidence.

ANYWAY, here's a cool pic. 1961's starting QBs.

c74NzYV.jpg

MRSA

Banned
All these bronies and anime pictures are pretty repulsive.

Lets talk about women buying diners

50264-Anna-Kendrick-Alison-Brie-Ashl-DNY0.jpeg

I would allow all of those lovely women buy me diners.

JABEE

I miss the good old days where we threw batteries at people, assaulted Santa Claus, and had jails in our stadiums.
Mischief was all that was. Just a youthful expression of a rebellious generation. Now, it is all in malice. It is all in the name of treachery. I fear for the game.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Milchjon

I miss the days when we stabbed our enemies and left them bleeding in an alley while we went off to burn all the evidence.

c74NzYV.jpg

I wish there was a pic of the photographer getting hit by like 5 footballs.

All these bronies and anime pictures are pretty repulsive.

Women buying diners

50264-Anna-Kendrick-Alison-Brie-Ashl-DNY0.jpeg

I would allow of those lovely women buy me diners.

Is there a reason why Camilla Belle never made it big?

I always thought she was way cute.

But really my biggest 2013 question is what the fuck is going on in John Harbaugh's head. On field play non-withstanding we're a couple of bone-head decisions away from being at least 7-4 and fighting for the North instead of the 6 seed.

Totally agree, and I think issues with Harbs' coaching can be seen with Flacco's recent comments on the Wildcat, and his apathy on field when those plays are called. It says something about his leadership and also Flacco's capacity to be a leader. Can a real leader totally piss and moan when he's asked to take a temporary backseat in favor of the team?

This would not fly if Ed and Ray were still there.

Spinluck

All of a sudden I'm interested in watching Cowboys/Raiders.

It'll probably be better than the Colts game.

c74NzYV.jpg

Johnny U.

:')

Luck is so dumb. Should have chosen #17. Just so the prophecy could come full circle. From 19 to 18 to 17. But of course he had to be lame and choose the generic 12 he had in college. We've had guys like Bert Jones, Earl Morral, and even Harbs! But Luck could've been something.

This is how I know he won't lead us to a super bowl.

MRSA

Banned
Yes, they did. Utter failure.

How dare you call Tebow a failure? The Pats failed on Tebow, not the other way around. Such a shameful disgusting lousy abomination of a team. Tim Tebow won two national championships and never cheated like that pugnacious team that somehow you're a fan of.

You disgust me.

So...uh not sure if this is the thread for this

A pretty in-depth article on the decline in quality of play, the injury crisis and lack of depth in the NFL this season

It's a long read, so I'll pull out a few choice passages:

"I'm not sure injuries are the issue as a blanket statement," said longtime NFL general manager Bill Polian, now an ESPN analyst. "But player development is the one area we have fallen very far behind where we once were. I don't think there is any question we've gone backward there. It doesn't manifest itself on the field until you're playing your third offensive tackle, or your No. 3 quarterback has to play. And there, in those cases, we've seen it."

If anything, the 2013 season has brought to critical mass an issue that has accelerated with the reduction of offseason training periods. The NFL might not have an injury problem as much as it has a crisis of depth, especially at -- but not limited to -- the quarterback position.

The NFL has worked hard to legislate some injuries out of the game, most notably via new rules to protect quarterbacks in the pocket. But Dr. Mark Adickes, a former NFL player who is now an orthopedic surgeon in Houston, suggested a level of physiological inevitability.

"Quite simply, guys are getting bigger, stronger and faster," Adickes said. "If you're getting bigger, stronger and faster, then as you run or even just move around, if muscles aren't firing just right, you'll see forces that can't be withstood without an injury."

Adickes downplayed theories that suggest artificial turf and even poor shoe selection as broad-based causes of NFL injuries. He did, however, endorse a circulating theory that reduced football activities in the offseason -- as mandated by the 2011 collective bargaining agreement -- are a contributing factor.

"Offensively, the game is great if you like seeing the ball thrown around," said Louis Riddick, an ESPN analyst who played defensive back for six seasons in the NFL and was a director of pro personnel for two teams. "But defensively, quite honestly, there are only a few teams that I see these days that, when I watch them play, remind me of what I'm used to seeing in the NFL.

"The quality of play is down defensively," he added. "This offensive explosion in the colleges and the pros, those advances have not been met with equal and opposite resistance from the defensive side. There has been too much emphasis placed on having as much as possible in your defensive playbook to combat these schemes instead of teaching what is in the playbook. You're seeing some very, very unsound fundamental play, especially in coverage, and it's obvious to anyone who is watching it. It's more difficult to play defense now, but it's not impossible, because you're seeing some teams do it well."

Most alarming, however, has been the impact of injuries and ineffective play on the quarterback position. Even though leaguewide passing numbers remain up, this season has revealed a stunningly thin pool of qualified candidates. ...

The relatively recent trend many teams have adopted of putting the No. 3 quarterback on the practice squad, Rosenfels said, has stunted development and left teams with fewer quality options when injuries strike.

"So many teams have eliminated the third quarterback spot on the active roster," Rosenfels said. "It was a development position, not so much to find a new starter but to at least have a competent backup in a few years. Being on the practice squad is not the same as being the third quarterback, and I don't think people recognize that. Not dressing for games, not going through the weekly routine the same way, being part of the action on game day, that's a big deal. And it's all because teams are looking for one extra roster spot. It's hard to understand."

It's fair to ask how that can happen, of course. The CBA's limitations on offseason work, as well as contact in training camp and during the season, aren't likely to be reversed. Polian's suggestion is to revive a domestic version of NFL Europe, which folded in 2007 because it reportedly was losing $30 million annually."We need a place where younger players can get the work they need," Polian said. "And that's with game experience, more time working with coaches and the like."

Player development, Riddick said, has become the forgotten connection between the draft and in-season production."What you do with a player, from the time his name is called in the draft and when he gets onto the field, that's really where teams and coaches earn their money," Riddick said. "On a large scale, people don't really understand how detailed that is. … Football is a rep business. The more reps you get, the better you are."

squicken

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...s-a-good-college-offense?campaign=Twitter_atl
Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians is not surprised that some of the quarterbacks that excelled using read-option principles last year are struggling this season.

The way Arians sees it, players like Colin Kaepernick and Robert Griffin III were not playing in a pro offense last year.
"I still think it's a great offense," Arians told Philadelphia reporters this week via the Philadelphia Inquirer. "It's a great college offense when you put a great athlete back there.

"But when you're facing great athletes, with the speed that's in the NFL who are chasing these guys, unless you're superhuman, you're going to get hurt sooner or later - not hurt, but beat up and bruised up, and you don't want your quarterback feeling bruised up when he's trying to throw and be accurate."

Milchjon

Pats, Bucs, Packers, and most likely Raiders fans all agree on one thing. Anna Kendrick is hot.

Ashley Greene is smoking too I think the least attractive of the four is Camilla Belle.

Belle is the hottest.

Kendrick is the least "hot", but most attractive overall.

Also, I'm pretty sure by now that Raiders fans hate everything that's good, so I think you should stop your baseless assumptions about them.

MRSA

Banned
Belle is the hottest.

Kendrick is the least "hot", but most attractive overall.

Also, I'm pretty sure by now that Raiders fans hate everything that's good, so I think you should stop your baseless assumptions about them.

You're pretty bright German, at least you understand the concept of hot vs attractiveness. I have a good understanding of Raiders fan having read a book on them. Its like National Geographic.

Also Ashley Greene
285672-ashley-greene-in-sexy-lingerie-shoot-for-esquire.jpg

Top Bottom