• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 13 |OT| Guns of the Patriots

Greg

damnit, yankee

edit: console warrior is bannable?
Sweet I get thursday and friday off work...and I'm alone for t-day, just me, my cats, football and food, I gotta figure out what to make though...
:(

I don't know how far you are from Ohio, but you're welcome over!

damnit, yankee

:(

I don't know how far you are from Ohio, but you're welcome over!

In LA so yeah pretty far lol it's ok I'm not complaining usually my family comes over and I end up cooking but this year they are going out of town to visit my sister so no cooking for me which is great because I have a ton of homework with finals coming up in two weeks. I'm thinking of just buying some junk food and cooking simple stuff that will last me for the weekend and getting super fat and bloated at least for the next few days.

Narag

Took a lot of hard work but finally at the bottom of NFL power rankings.

GO TEXANS!

32. Texans (2-9; No. 30): Case Keenum is one of the best young quarterbacks in league history to never win a game.

32. Houston Texans (2-9)
The shine is quickly fading on Case Keenum after a pitiful performance against the Jaguars. The Texans have now dropped nine straight after opening up the season 2-0.

32 Texans 2-9
Last Week: 29 Andre Johnson caught two of six targets for 36 yards, all season-low totals, and had his first drop of the season in Sunday's loss to the Jaguars.

can't believe how bad it's been for you guys.

So psyched for Thanksgiving. Basically, winner of that game makes the playoffs. Fuck all of those other teams "In the Hunt," that spot goes to Pit or Bal. And even though we both suck, it's going to have the scent of the rivarly games in the past, so it should be a good, violent game. Plus, it's a home game for Baltimore. As bad as we are on the road, we are equally fair at home, so I expect a victory. And once we are in the playoffs........FLACCO EXPLOSION MEGA QB ROCKET STUD MAN.

What I'm trying to say is.........hope.

I got it.

tumblr_mbhkbxr0Zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif

Didn't mention it earlier but the OP is probably the greatest we will ever witness. Let us all reflect upon its greatness, for we are not worthy.

Nice job Mr Bucket.

effzee

So do I have to pick up the slack for YH? Which Patriots fan do I pick a fight with?

Anyway Chip named Foles the starting QB going forward for the rest of the season. Also said everybody except for rookie S Wolff is 100%, which means Vick is healthy and now the #2 QB.

Can't be too angry about it. Not completely sold on Foles still and this week he finally plays a real NFL defense in the Cardinals but you know what if Foles is going to be the guy, now is the time to find out. Having a healthy Vick as #2 is such a better feeling than Barkley having to come in for any game. More than anything, Foles or Vick, just really happy to watch meaningful football in Nov/Dec after the nightmare that was the last 2 seasons. Fuck you Reid.

As for RG3 I am a little lost here. So he might be a little insecure or babied, but who do you want to build your team around? Shanny and son or the QB who you traded so much for, is only in his 2nd year, and obviously isn't playing the same since his ACL injury.

First of all those injuries take at least 1 full year for recovery. Not everyone is Adrian Peterson. So much of RG3's game is predicated on his threat of running that obviously when he is trying to just sit back and pick defenses apart, he isn't as good at it. Kind of reminds me of McNabb in that his first 2-3 seasons he was all about his legs and making plays. But after his first 2-3 serious injuries he was forced to be a more pocket passer and he excelled when HE KNEW he couldn't rely on his athletic ability. Now of course he took it to another extreme and completely stopped trying to even run but still point stands.

And how in the world as a coach are you going to hire your son as OC? If ever there is a problem with the coaches who is RG3 supposed to turn to? The OC? Well he just happens to be the HC's son. That makes no fucking sense.

Overall Shannahan is more to blame IMO. You hire your son as OC. Haslet came back as DC when this is 2+ years that their D has been horrible. Again why wasn't he fired? The Redskins defense is atrocious and it doesn't help the offense one bit.

RG3 will rebound. He is only in his 2nd year. Less than 1 year removed from ACL injury. I'd take him in a heartbeat on the Eagles to be teamed up with Chip. Get him a coach who doesn't have family on the staff, maybe at least try to build a competent defense, and add to the OLINE and watch the Redskins flourish next year.

Finding a franchise QB is so much harder and can take decades than finding a good coach. There are plenty of college coaches, hot assistants, and other coaches who will be available who can make RG3 work.

Of course I hope Dan Snyder doesn't do any of this so the Eagles can keep picking on them.

Similar thoughts for the Jets. All I hear is bench Geno? Why? For who? You used a 2nd round pick on him to be your franchise QB. Fucking play him. Not every rookie QB is going to light up the league, and usually most of them need time to develop. And how the fuck is Geno even supposed to develop when you literally have no WRs/TEs of any skill? Fuck McNabb's weapons during his first 5 season were better than what the Jets have and they want to bench Geno?

How about get a coach who isn't a glorified D coordinator and someone who wants to surround his QB (same case for Sanchez) with actual talent and not has been locker room cancers like Holmes, Winslow, or Braylon Edwards.

effzee

So psyched for Thanksgiving. Basically, winner of that game makes the playoffs. Fuck all of those other teams "In the Hunt," that spot goes to Pit or Bal. And even though we both suck, it's going to have the scent of the rivarly games in the past, so it should be a good, violent game. Plus, it's a home game for Baltimore. As bad as we are on the road, we are equally fair at home, so I expect a victory. And once we are in the playoffs........FLACCO EXPLOSION MEGA QB ROCKET STUD MAN.

I got it.

Whoever wins on Thursday between the Ravens and Steelers is my pick to be the #6 seed. If I was in the AFC I wouldn't want to face Flacco in the playoffs.

OH and yes fucking amazing OP. GOAT.

Bowser

“I try to challenge myself off the field or out of training to test my discipline — each and every month, from not eating solid food throughout the week to not eating bread or only eating water,” he said, via David Newton of ESPN.com. “Ever since I gave up the meat, . . . I like it. I like the way I was feeling. I stuck with it ever since.”

wait wut

Colasante

Patriots sign TE DJ Williams. Hopefully he can make a bigger impact than Kellen Winslow, Daniel Fells, Visanthe Schianco, Jake Ballard, and the rest of the scrub TEs they've had recently.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA that's rich
How can you have any confidence in this team at this point? The Jets are complete and utter anal fungus as they have always been since the moment the universe accidentally sharted them into existence, but the Dolphins are just so horrible at finishing games.

How can you have any confidence in this team at this point? The Jets are complete and utter anal fungus as they have always been since the moment the universe accidentally sharted them into existence, but the Dolphins are just so horrible at finishing games.

It's jets week, I have to try to stay as positive as possible even though i know all hope is lost with this team and we are going to win our way to a mid 1st round pick instead of a top 10 pick, it's the dolphins way :(

Trey

Wake and the Miami Dline is gonna steal Geno's soul on the first drive, he'll turn it over two times, and the Dolphins will have a two possession lead going into halftime. Simms will start coming out in the half, spark, but not make the game competitive.

Only way this doesn't happen is if Jets run game gets going early.

It's jets week, I have to try to stay as positive as possible even though i know all hope is lost with this team and we are going to win our way to a mid 1st round pick instead of a top 10 pick, it's the dolphins way :(
I respect your attitude, my friend! I hate how bipolar I am with the Dolphins. I was so excited about this season before things went south.

squicken

Similar thoughts for the Jets. All I hear is bench Geno? Why? For who? You used a 2nd round pick on him to be your franchise QB. Fucking play him. Not every rookie QB is going to light up the league, and usually most of them need time to develop. And how the fuck is Geno even supposed to develop when you literally have no WRs/TEs of any skill? Fuck McNabb's weapons during his first 5 season were better than what the Jets have and they want to bench Geno? .

Agree mostly on RG3, though in the back of my mind I would want to see Cousins if I am a Skins fan

But Geno, no. Way, way too many turnovers. Not saying you throw him out, but they can't consider that position filled. So many turnovers

Colasante

Agree mostly on RG3, though in the back of my mind I would want to see Cousins if I am a Skins fan

But Geno, no. Way, way too many turnovers. Not saying you throw him out, but they can't consider that position filled. So many turnovers

I don't see any benefit in playing Matt Simms. He's not going to come in and play a conservative, move the chains, no turnover Alex Smith style of football. He'll turn the ball over as well. Rex is playing to save his job and Geno Smith gives him the best chance to do that. John Idzik is trying to determine if he can go forward with Smith or if he'll have to acquire another quarterback next year. Playing Simms doesn't help him solve that. The best bet for the Jets this year is to ride Smith the rest of the way, for good or bad.

rokkerkory

The game last night was such a snooze fest. Redskins have nothing to lose more, they should have taken their shots instead of throwing quick screens every other play. Their running game was decent to set up for PAP...

Bowser

Kuechly hit, clean as a whistle:

On slow-motion replay, it appeared that Kuechly’s helmet made contact with Matthews’ helmet on the pass breakup. A flag was initially thrown, then picked up by the officials. Rivera said that was the correct call.

“Luke hit him in the chest,” he said. “He folded over and I think that’s where it looked bad is how much body reacted to being hit.”

BZ_4IqfCAAArFmd.jpg:large

Just ride Geno the rest of the year. He ia giving me flashes of JaMarcus Russel, except I think Geno cares and that may be more frightening. There will definitely be QB talent in the second and later rounds. I think what LJ said a couple weeks back, just keep drafting a QB until you find your guy.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I want Manziel on the Jets.

The spectacle alone will be worth it. Maybe he'll end up pretty good too. The bar has been set really low with Mark and Geno!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Just curious as to why you think drafting Manziel is stupid? Is it his play? Or you don't like the off field stuff?
Granted, I've only seen one game, so I could be wildly off base, but what I did see wasn't flattering. Sure, he did great within the context of college play, but his mechanics were all over the place and reminded me of how Tim Tebow plays.

Only semi-related but I lost a lot of respect for Cam when I saw that cheesy grin on his face after the BS personal foul call against Jones. It's one thing to benefit from an unfair call, it's another thing to basically celebrate in it. Pretty classless and it shows you that he doesn't really have much interest in a fairly played game, in my opinion. Just comes off as one of those douchey kids you run into playing sports growing up.

Bucket why you leave us in the first place?

Your students still need training... Great OP

40's all around

E: 5-7 #6 seed Titans!!!!!

squicken

I don't see any benefit in playing Matt Simms. He's not going to come in and play a conservative, move the chains, no turnover Alex Smith style of football. He'll turn the ball over as well. Rex is playing to save his job and Geno Smith gives him the best chance to do that. John Idzik is trying to determine if he can go forward with Smith or if he'll have to acquire another quarterback next year. Playing Simms doesn't help him solve that. The best bet for the Jets this year is to ride Smith the rest of the way, for good or bad.

Oh yeah keep playing him this year and hope for the best. But he needs to show improvement. What I meant is they shouldn't hesitate to draft another QB just b/c they used a 2nd on Geno

Bowser

Only semi-related but I lost a lot of respect for Cam when I saw that cheesy grin on his face after the BS personal foul call against Jones. It's one thing to benefit from an unfair call, it's another thing to basically celebrate in it. Pretty classless and it shows you that he doesn't really have much interest in a fairly played game, in my opinion. Just comes off as one of those douchey kids you run into playing sports growing up.

I read it more as a sheepish "yeah I kinda got away with that one" grin more than anything else, but given people's predisposed notions about Cam being selfish and fake, not surprised to hear this viewpoint.

Regardless your defenders should know that QBs going to the sideline are going to get protected and he was definitely shoved while already out of bounds.

I got it.

Sorry, Larry, you guys just don't suck enough. You only wish you could suck as much as the combo of Tomlin/Haley and an old and busted D.

Crisco

Banned
Yeah, because Brady and Brees never get up clapping after a defender gets flagged for an illegal hit. Give me a fucking break.

I read it more as a sheepish "yeah I kinda got away with that one" grin more than anything else, but given people's predisposed notions about Cam being selfish and fake, not surprised to hear this viewpoint.

Regardless your defenders should know that QBs going to the sideline are going to get protected and he was definitely shoved while already out of bounds.
Yes, sheepish is the perfect word to describe Cam Newton's personality.

It has nothing to do with predisposed notions, I didn't really have anything against the guy going into the game, I just thought that was pretty obnoxious. Regarding the actual play, it looked to me like Jones slipped on the sideline or whatever and was trying to grab Cam to stop his momentum. Is that not what happened? Jones is a great safety and I don't think I've ever seen him get hit with a personal foul penalty for any reason, he's a smart player.

Yeah, because Brady and Brees never get up clapping after a defender gets flagged for an illegal hit. Give me a fucking break.
1. You're using those two to make a counter-point? lol

2. I'm not talking about an illegal hit.

I'm not giving out breaks, you'll have to furnish your own.

Bowser

Yes, sheepish is the perfect word to describe Cam Newton's personality.

It has nothing to do with predisposed notions, I didn't really have anything against the guy going into the game, I just thought that was pretty obnoxious. Regarding the actual play, it looked to me like Jones slipped on the sideline or whatever and was trying to grab Cam to stop his momentum. Is that not what happened? Jones is a great safety and I don't think I've ever seen him get hit with a personal foul penalty for any reason, he's a smart player.

You also have to take into account that there's a slicker surface on the sideline where they were going out of bounds (I think there's plastic tarp or something like that). I don't think Cam had in his mind that he was going to dive if he got touched. It's possible that Jones slipped and tried to grab Cam to stop his momentum like you say, but that grabbing Cam caused Cam to slip as well. The ref isn't going to infer that both slipped accidentally and he's going to go with the safe call which is throwing the flag. Just the way the league is right now.

edit: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000286794/Did-Cam-Newton-flop - video; looks to me like Cam got his feet tangled with Jones while Jones was touching him and fell down. Bang bang play and the refs go with the what they're taught to do. Unfortunate, but he already had the first down, and let's face it, y'all weren't stopping Cam and Riverboat Ron after that 4th and 10 conversion.

You also have to take into account that there's a slicker surface on the sideline where they were going out of bounds (I think there's plastic tarp or something like that). I don't think Cam had in his mind that he was going to dive if he got touched. It's possible that Jones slipped and tried to grab Cam to stop his momentum like you say, but that grabbing Cam caused Cam to slip as well. The ref isn't going to infer that both slipped accidentally and he's going to go with the safe call which is throwing the flag. Just the way the league is right now.
I have no problem with the call (even though it was wrong) or with Cam falling. It's understandable why they happened. It was his reaction that came off as obnoxious.

Milchjon

Meh, yankee was a joke poster anyway.

I'd rather see Lunchbox be freed.

Of course I'm kidding. I just never got yankee's hate for Lunchbox.

Top Bottom