• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 13 |OT| Guns of the Patriots

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Does anyone speak Irsay? I need a translation.

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay 20m

I didn't break the bank,millions cash over cap/Load Brinks Truck,only to be hijacked n stormed on the way 2 stadium by machine gun MANIACS!

Bowser

I have no problem with the call (even though it was wrong) or with Cam falling. It's understandable why they happened. It was his reaction that came off as obnoxious.

The guy got a call that benefited his team and was happy. Lots of guys do it. We'll have to agree to disagree here, but I think you're being just a little bit salty.

I remember when everyone thought the dolphins were going to win the afc east. Ahahahaha.
I don't know who "everyone" is but the guy sounds like an idiot.

The guy got a call that benefited his team and was happy. Lots of guys do it. We'll have to agree to disagree here, but I think you're being just a little bit salty.
I'm being incredibly salty. Did you see the second half of that game!?

This is our remaining schedule:

lRcZACs.png

Looks pretty similar to me. One good team and one mediocre team, and we get the good team at home. Plus Thurmond is back for the Rams game.

You're delusional if you think that looks similar. You have home field in most of these matches where you play great and are a favorite in almost every match up. That said, it's very possible you could lose to NO, you can't believe SF is just going to roll over at home, especially if Crabtree is healthy by that game, we are a different team from when you played us Thur this year let alone the scoreless mess we were that point last season, you barely managed to beat the Rams last time with a backup QB and they are playing even better now and there's even a slight chance the Giants turn it on like they have many times in the past at the end stretch. Even without the Giants game, there are at least 3-4 matches you cannot sleep on regardless if you have the edge whereas the last schedule the Niners were the only single challenge in that stretch.

BTW, there's no bias in this post. I'm counting on you guys to beat SF for us to have a shot at the WC and I'm expecting to lose in SEA at this point. I'm just saying it's straight up silly to assume this games are as easy as the stretch you revealed from last season and there's definitely a possibility you could lose some of those division games. Those defenders out only increases the likelihood.

effzee

Agree mostly on RG3, though in the back of my mind I would want to see Cousins if I am a Skins fan

But Geno, no. Way, way too many turnovers. Not saying you throw him out, but they can't consider that position filled. So many turnovers

Yeah not filled, but makes no sense to bench him the rest of this season. Let him play it out and then make a full determination on what you have. It never made sense why they drafted in the first place. So Sanchez isn't the answer but again you have no WRs or RBs or TEs. What is a rookie QB going to show you? This is a team built only on D on purpose with complete disregard for the offensive side.

Sanchez had no weapons and his soul is probably crushed but now before you fill the team with some talent you draft another QB? And then when struggles which everyone saw coming you bench him for....what exactly?

The smartest move for the Jets would have been to play 1 more season with Sanchez since they couldn't cut him for cap reasons. And wait to draft a QB for this up coming class.

I have no doubt in my mind that Bradford will get an extension somewhere down the line but I'd like it for Fisher and Snead to at least give a closer look at his play next year compared to what we're doing now. Clemens is comically inaccurate at times and isn't being asked to do much but at least he doesn't instinctively throw checkdowns as soon as he sees that his receivers aren't open. Feels like when he does complete passes they're for 10+ yards as opposed to Bradford who averages around 6. They should definitely keep their options open for drafting a QB after next season if our offense stalls because of Bradford's shitty throws.

Also I'm going to start rooting for every 2-9 team to win at least one more game so Washington can get the #1 pick. We need two more years of multiple first rounders.

cdyhybrid

You're delusional if you think that looks similar. You have home field in most of these matches where you play great and are a favorite in almost every match up. That said, it's very possible you could lose to NO, you can't believe SF is just going to roll over at home, especially if Crabtree is healthy by that game, we are a different team from when you played us Thur this year let alone the scoreless mess we were that point last season, you barely managed to beat the Rams last time with a backup QB and they are playing even better now and there's even a slight chance the Giants turn it on like they have many times in the past at the end stretch. Even without the Giants game, there are at least 3-4 matches you cannot sleep on regardless if you have the edge whereas the last schedule the Niners were the only single challenge in that stretch.

lolwut

I was saying we're playing almost the exact same teams to close out the season as last season and we are/were missing Browner/Thurmond for both of those stretches. I made no predictions on the score.

The Seahawks should win every game with the exception of maybe SF if they get their shit together on offense, but we'll see.

And the Seahawks are a different team, too. Maybe you missed the part where we were practically playing our entire second string O-line for most of the season up to this point? And we were missing our best receiver?

lolwut

I was saying we're playing almost the exact same teams to close out the season as last season and we are/were missing Browner/Thurmond for both of those stretches. I made no predictions on the score.

The Seahawks should win every game with the exception of maybe SF if they get their shit together on offense, but we'll see.

You made a comment that there was one good team and one mediocre team so it sounded more like you were commenting on the level of competition than what teams you're playing to me.

brentech

Lol seahawks.

It's a team I'd like to respect, but man, complete system failure to have this many guys getting suspended over the last few years.

cdyhybrid

You made a comment that there was one good team and one mediocre team so it sounded more like you were commenting on the level of competition than what teams you're playing to me.

I expect them to beat every team there. They should never lose at home to anyone if the team has a pulse (especially this season), the Giants are struggling, and Kaep is inconsistent at best. If Kaep pulls it together I could see them losing that game, but anything else would be a disappointment for this team. Too much talent.

Will they actually win all those games? Who knows. But they should, given where the games are played and the amount of talent on the roster.

God my team still has to play Petey's team. Thought I was done with you this year cdy...

:)

I thought you were a Titans fan?

Doomsayer

It's hilarious that Herm is defending Pete Carroll right now.

They just went through all the suspensions the Hawks have had the last two years for "non-PEDs." Cheatin' Pete is always going to be a scumbag.

And the Seahawks are a different team, too. Maybe you missed the part where we were practically playing our entire second string O-line for most of the season up to this point? And we were missing our best receiver?

True but your OL was still performing well, there won't be that huge a jump. While the players may be more skilled, if you didn't allow any if much sacks or pressures in a game, it's the same results more or less regardless who you had in there. In the least it's no where near the jump Palmer has made after finally getting Arians system down. He went from throwing multiple picks each game to throwing multiple TDs which completely changes the complexion of the team. Maybe I'm overrating your backup OL though, I haven't seen all your games so perhaps Russell has been taking a beating in which case I take this back but they looked pretty decent form the games I've seen.

Harvin is a stronger point and could be huge for you guys but he's an unknown quantity, how much has he even practiced in your system? He's got to shake rust off and how much chemistry could he possibly have with Russell when he's been out so long? He's not necessarily going to magically transform your team overnight. In the case of Crabtree, he has concerns coming back from such a serious injury and shaking off the rust but at least he already has great chemistry with Kap and has played extensively in their system.

I expect them to beat every team there. They should never lose at home to anyone if the team has a pulse (especially this season), the Giants are struggling, and Kaep is inconsistent at best. If Kaep pulls it together I could see them losing that game, but anything else would be a disappointment for this team. Too much talent.

Will they actually win all those games? Who knows. But they should, given where the games are played and the amount of talent on the roster.

I expect the chickens to lose all of those games due to lack of any talent or skill

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Seahawks have been able to defend the 49er's offense effectively even when they weren't struggling.

The key battle is between the Seahawks offense and the 49er's defense, and I like our chances now better than they were in early 2012.

True but your OL was still performing well, there won't be that huge a jump. While the players may be more skilled, if you didn't allow any if much sacks or pressures in a game, it's the same results more or less regardless who you had in there. In the least it's no where near the jump Palmer has made after finally getting Arians system down. He went from throwing multiple picks each game to throwing multiple TDs which completely changes the complexion of the team. Maybe I'm overrating your backup OL though, I haven't seen all your games so perhaps Russell has been taking a beating in which case I take this back but they looked pretty decent form the games I've seen.
Statistically, the Seahawks OL before the last couple weeks was dead last in the league in pressure allowed.

cdyhybrid

They just went through all the suspensions the Hawks have had the last two years for "non-PEDs." Cheatin' Pete is always going to be a scumbag.

Pete can only do so much. He can't babysit them 24/7. You can blame him for bringing in these guys, but a lot of them are still on their rookie contracts. It's not like they've had extensive histories of suspensions in the NFL before they came to Seattle.

Harvin is a stronger point and could be huge for you guys but he's an unknown quantity, how much has he even practiced in your system? He's got to shake rust off and how much chemistry could he possibly have with Russell when he's been out so long? He's not necessarily going to magically transform your team overnight. In the case of Crabtree, he has concerns coming back from such a serious injury and shaking off the rust but at least he already has great chemistry with Kap and has played extensively in their system.

Our backup O-line has been brutal at times. They're not terrible, but they're not good enough to be starting 5-6 games in a row. They can do spot duty just fine. Harvin hasn't been practicing until recently because of the injury, but he played under Darrell Bevell in Minnesota so he's at least familiar with the system.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Who was that guy who got busted for PEDs that the 49er's brought on for a while? Wasn't Aldon Smith, that's another fiasco.

Vesmir

Banned
Goddamn that OP. Buckethead envy of SportsGAF.

Go Hawks. Browner an isolated incident, substance was non-PED related, he's a free agent after this term and he was injured anyway. BYE.

Time to punch the Saints in the face.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Our backup O-line has been brutal at times. They're not terrible, but they're not good enough to be starting 5-6 games in a row. They can do spot duty just fine.
They're not terrible in the sense that they can still run block, but they're horrible at pass protection without Okung or Bailey in the mix.

brentech

Goddamn that OP. Buckethead envy of SportsGAF.

Go Hawks. Browner an isolated incident, substance was non-PED related, he's a free agent after this term and he was injured anyway. BYE.

Time to punch the Saints in the face.
I get that it's non-PED, but that doesn't make it an isolated incident. If anything its closer in line to what all the other players state they did. Seems like some locker room culture.

cdyhybrid

Who was that guy who got busted for PEDs that the 49er's brought on for a while? Wasn't Aldon Smith, that's another fiasco.

Eric Wright.

It's not cool to have players new to the league get busted for drug use, but it's okay to sign a guy with prior suspensions for it. Niners logic.

They're not terrible in the sense that they can still run block, but they're horrible at pass protection without Okung or Bailey in the mix.

Yeah, but that run blocking can only be put to use if Bevell actually feels like running the ball.

I get that it's non-PED, but that doesn't make it an isolated incident. If anything its closer in line to what all the other players state they did. Seems like some locker room culture.

Weed suspensions don't really do anything for me on the outrage meter. It only means they were stupid enough to get caught. The ratio of people doing PEDs to those that get caught is nowhere near the same for weed.

I respect your attitude, my friend! I hate how bipolar I am with the Dolphins. I was so excited about this season before things went south.

Yeah It's very up and down, at this point I'd be happy if we sweep the jets and lose every other game and then clean house.

I don't know who "everyone" is but the guy sounds like an idiot.

I'm being incredibly salty. Did you see the second half of that game!?

I'm still salty over the pats game, I'm going to die from an overdose at this point

Doomsayer

Eric Wright.

It's not cool to have players new to the league get busted for drug use, but it's okay to sign a guy with prior suspensions for it. Niners logic.

One player is totally equivalent to 8 players.

Weed suspensions just show the stupidity of said player, especially considering that 80% of the league probably tokes up pretty consistently.

Just as an aside, I was completely against the Eric Wright pick up, dude is trash.

squicken

Also I'm going to start rooting for every 2-9 team to win at least one more game so Washington can get the #1 pick. We need two more years of multiple first rounders.

I'm going to let Kellen complete a few more passes than 10 a game to really compare and contrast, but agree about the draft pick, obviously. Though I do think I would take Mike Evans in the top 5 if he checks out off the field

squicken

steelers1.gif

Heyward (#97)is beasting. I'n encouraged by Uncle Jarvis (#95) walking one of the better LT's into the QB. Great play.

Great interior pass rush there. Without Heyward, Jones' rush could be nullified with the QB stepping up. I actually don't think Thomas is doing too bad there given how wide the rush came from and how much of a running start Jones' had

Great interior pass rush there. Without Heyward, Jones' rush could be nullified with the QB stepping up. I actually don't think Thomas is doing too bad there given how wide the rush came from and how much of a running start Jones' had

I'm more encouraged by Jones being diverse. At the beginning of the season all he had was a (wide) speed rush. He's increased his repertoire greatly. Just in time too.

steelers3.gif

This play went up as drawn. All the protection shifted to the right, blitz came from the left, Campbell chokes up the ball. At the beginning of this season I forgot Lebeau was even capable of drawing up plays like this. Nice to be ahead in games finally.

Top Bottom