• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

NFL Live did a poll on who has the best chance to beat the Seahawks in Seattle in the playoffs
600908_10152026717433605_1683254608_n.jpg

rando14

Thanks, it worked out well that the Packers are terrible this season since I haven't been following football that closely this season!

I just know there was celebrating being done here when HoFinley got hurt though!

Darkest day of the year :(

Greg was depressed for weeks!!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't think the lisfranc EVER fully healed. His throwing mechanics are way off. Without being able to plant his foot properly it made his already below average arm strength even worse. That Seattle game just ruined his confidence and Kubiak made it worse by running him out there every week

Cool, thanks.

Houston and Atlanta have really had me scratching my head this season trying to figure out what happened!

Thanks, it worked out well that the Packers are terrible this season since I haven't been following football that closely this season!

I just know there was celebrating being done here when HoFinley got hurt though!
Actually, no, we pretty much rallied around Greg on that one. Always sucks when you watch a guy's career end on one play. :(

Yeah, this season has suuuuuuuucked

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Darkest day of the year :(

Greg was depressed for weeks!!

Actually, no, we pretty much rallied around Greg on that one. Always sucks when you watch a guy's career end on one play. :(

Yeah, this season has suuuuuuuucked

I won't lie, I felt bad spending all that time joking about how I wish he'd end up on IR so I wouldn't have to watch him drop passes....just to have it happen.

brentech

nah, we were all pretty concerned. I don't think anyone has really been giving him shit this year. He kind of upped his game, but more importantly stopped acting so selfish.
Either way, seeing that happen to someone is horrible.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
The westside off of Loop 336.

I need to buy a house in the next few years if I plan on staying in Texas because apartments are absurdly expensive for what you get versus how much house you get for a few hundred dollars more a month than rent.

cool, my parents lake house is just north of there.

Also, congrats on your divorce!

So weinke, being newly single do you have the urge to stroll for chicks?

The one thing I miss is going after women but I think if anything happened between me and the missus I'd just bum around for years.

squicken

Watching that Texans-Pats game, and as much as I like the guy, Andre Johnson has had some crushing drops late in a couple of games. I'm really not sure what more people want from Keenum than what he gave in that Pats game

Watching that Texans-Pats game, and as much as I like the guy, Andre Johnson has had some crushing drops late in a couple of games. I'm really not sure what more people want from Keenum than what he gave in that Pats game

Andre Johnson isn't that good. Neither is Larry Fitz

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So weinke, being newly single do you have the urge to stroll for chicks?

The one thing I miss is going after women but I think if anything happened between me and the missus I'd just bum around for years.

I do and I hear it's easier in your early 30s, especially if you have a good career and if you don't have kids or any real baggage.

I don't really have a huge urge to sleep with a bunch of different chicks though...married life suited me so I'll probably just pursue serious relationships only! I'm also in luck since a lot of single women in their late 20s or so are usually looking to settle down anyway.

LJ11

EJ takes forever to release the deep ball, too mechanical.

While watching the Texans-Pats I was surprised at how easy Keenum delivered the deep ball to Hopkins, even with the slight over throw. Flick of the wrist and the ball took off. EJ needs space and still can't get there. Had Woods for maybe a touchdown but he led him back to the safety on shitty deep ball. Had Goodwin too, on a good release that give him about 5 yards between the WR and sideline, you're not getting more space than that.

Shame Cordy Glenn can't create more in the run game, playing next to a shitty player though. Displays poor technique, but man very few get by him. Manhandles you even when he fucks up, just too big. Size making up for poor fundamentals at times. Has some Willie Roaf to him, but Roaf was fucking jacked in the upper body. Physical freaks. Very good pass blocker and that's with so-so technique. If he cleans up his game...

Edit: This coaching staff is fucking dumb on O at times. Why the fuck are we putting Legursky and Urbik in space to block? Get Glenn out there crushing dudes. Screen game is disgusting, they can't create matchups with Spiller in pass game. Gailey and Joe D did a great job with the OL, and getting the backs in space.

I'm honestly surprised we aren't favored (or at least even) at San Francisco. Even more surprised at 49er's are getting bet way more than us at -2.5.

cdyhybrid

I'm honestly surprised we aren't favored (or at least even) at San Francisco. Even more surprised at 49er's are getting bet way more than us at -2.5.

I'm not. It'll be a tough game. Niners will be hungry for revenge and they have Crabs back. Road division games are almost always tough.

squicken

Shame Cordy Glenn can't create more in the run game, playing next to a shitty player though. Displays poor technique, but man very few get by him. Manhandles you even when he fucks up, just too big. Size making up for poor fundamentals at times. Has some Willie Roaf to him, but Roaf was fucking jacked in the upper body. Physical freaks. Very good pass blocker and that's with so-so technique. If he cleans up his game...

If Rodger Saffold can stay healthy, he could be a Pro Bowl LT. Early in the game, SF had Justin Smith lined up wide and he just walked Jake Long back into Clemens. Aldon Smith gave him all sorts of fits. Jake is good vs average and bad pass rushers, but anyone good eats his lunch. Demarcus Ware forklifed him twice in the Dallas game. The kind of play you see once a year, he did twice. Jake is just so stiff

Jake gets concussed in the 3rd Q, so Safflold takes over at LT. Hasn't played a snap there all year. Justin Smith tried to bull rush, got nowhere. Aldon Smith tried some hand fighting, couldn't get free of Saffold, and Saffold ripped him to the ground. He's so strong. If he could just stay healthy

Wow Saints only -150 to win the division now. They were -3500 like 4 weeks ago. Carolina was I think 20/1 and now they're only +120.

We're now tied with Denver for Super Bowl favorite at 2.5/1. Vegas seems to be giving only 6 teams a chance with everyone else at least 25/1.

WedgeX

Banned
Warford was wrecking dudes last week, watch a lot of Lions games because a buddy of mine is a fan, stands out week in week out. What a find. Pulls and crushes guys, great athlete for a man his size.

I was a fan of the Lions dumping Peterman and Cherlius, who has continued his streak of getting penalties called on him and failing to protect Luck, this past off season. Wish I could claim to have had faith in Warford and Waddle, but all I knew was they were unproven in the NFL, were not their predecessors, and existed. Damn glad they made it to Detroit.

Trey

Edit: This coaching staff is fucking dumb on O at times. Why the fuck are we putting Legursky and Urbik in space to block? Get Glenn out there crushing dudes. Screen game is disgusting, they can't create matchups with Spiller in pass game. Gailey and Joe D did a great job with the OL, and getting the backs in space.

Really the biggest disappointment of the offense. Spiller should be a matchup nightmare.

squicken

Its crazy that with Keenum starting the Texans havent lost by more than 7 points.

Defense is trash. I like Wade but he just can't stop the bleeding. Though to be fair, Belichick can't do anything with all of his scheming once the talent got hurt. I don't know what happened, but it was like all the guys besides Watt peaked in 2011 and went off a cliff

They give up points and can't stop opponents on GWDs to save their lives. wade's solution to everything is very easy to read blitzes that never get home

xnipx

Looking through some teams schedules in 2014. Saints are really lucky. They out of conference home games are Green Bay, Minnesota, Baltimore, Cincinnati, and an NFC West team, while their road schedule is Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and an NFC East team.

The saints will lose all of those home games. Idk why you think that's easy. Especially if Minnesota and cinci get actual QBs

LJ11

Always a shame when talented guys get hurt and fail to reach their potential. Long list of guys who never made it due to injury. Lot of luck involved.

Really the biggest disappointment of the offense. Spiller should be a matchup nightmare.

Yeah man, I mean we just line up and snap, don't move anyone around, I don't get it. Night and day from last regime, they constantly motioned guys around.

Went through a divorce.

Instead of being a :blarry about it, I've been hitting the gym, getting involved with my church, focusing on my job, and generally just staying busy and getting my life in order!

Things have settled down so....here I am!

Smart choice

squicken

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
NFL evaluators hold "competitive nature" in extremely high regard. In that regard, Manziel is completely off the charts.

Looking forward to months of fans begging their teams not to draft him

LJ11

Looking forward to months of fans begging their teams not to draft him

Surprised you're not bringing up his size like you did with RG3. Plays much more loose than RG did, RG never too the shots he's taking now in CFB. To Manziel's created, they rarely put hits on him.

I've noticed more and more teams going up field against him. DE's aren't trying to bend around the corner and take him down, they just keep going back because JFF will turn and run backwards, LSU played it perfectly. Pretty careless with the ball at times too, chuck and pray that Evans goes up and gets it.

Seen this dude run back 8 yards, turn and heave it down the middle of the field only to see what is a sure INT be caught by Evans at the highest point, think it was against Bama too. He has a horse shoe up his ass at times, but he makes plays.

His arm is much better than some people give him credit for, but will his style translate? Dude is a small guy, can't run around like that. Needs to throw with better timing/anticipation, kind of waits on guys to clear open.

Tough evaluation.

squicken

I'll be begging to draft him....

I just don't think he can make it in a northern climate. He also seemed to get a bit worse later in the year, and it wasn't just the injuries. Early on he was a gunslinger who rarely threw INTs. But for some reason he got hesitant and starting being late on a lot of throws w/o the arm to squeeze them in

e: His size is a huge reason he is boom bust. He runs around like RG3, he will die, same as Griffin.

rando14

:(

he'll be back!

#YOTTO

I'm depressed too!! Ever since I finished ALBW I've been moping around and periodically humming the Lorule overworld. What am I supposed to do now, read a book or something like some sort of prisoner!!!

Top Bottom