• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

I think JFF is alittle bigger then people think he is, he put on some weight since last season and he definitely looked like he had a bigger frame vs Missouri. I think he'll weigh about 215 range come combine.
6.1 , 215-220 range

After spending a few weeks talking with "NFL types," the Dallas Morning News' Rick Gosselin is convinced Texas A&M redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel will be a top-12 pick.
Gosselin is unable to devote as much time to the NFL draft in recent years, but few are more respected in terms of covering the event. "Too many teams need one. NFL scouts will go all the way back to high school in their research," Gosselin writes. "They will find a dynamic winner who can make plays with his arm or legs and also makes the players around him better." We think Manziel ultimately ends up in the first-round, especially if specific underclassmen return for the 2014 season.
Source: Dallas Morning News Dec 3 - 12:33 PM

Godslay left me in charge while he's on his journey to spread the word of Tebow Christ.

Unlike Godslay I can't hold my own in here when it comes to team pride so us Broncosbros are fucked until he reappears.

ShaneB

I'm depressed too!! Ever since I finished ALBW I've been moping around and periodically humming the Lorule overworld. What am I supposed to do now, read a book or something like some sort of prisoner!!!

Read this book =)

13538552.jpg

I'll be here to hug you when you need it.

Mettenberger is a loss only to those pining for QBs with a sex crime on their resume

Didn't he just grope some chick while intoxicated? Not excusing it. Just doesn't seem like he's up there with Ben or now Winston.

I figure he would have went in the 2nd round, but now not sure how high a pick a team will be willing to use on him.

squicken

Didn't he just grope some chick while intoxicated? Not excusing it. Just doesn't seem like he's up there with Ben or now Winston.

I figure he would have went in the 2nd round, but now not sure how high a pick a team will be willing to use on him.

idk. Maybe I am being too critical of the guy, but it's a pretty unpleasant thing. I'm not a big fan of his game. People say Flacco but Flacco moves around better than people give him credit for

Paches

Remember that play in the first quarter of the Hawks/Saints game where Russell got the ball snapped too him early and passed to M-Rob for 20 yards?

Connor Hutyler
‏@ConnorHutyler

Here's a pic that shows Russell holding the mouthguard for all you truthers. pic.twitter.com/deax9pW4td

BaioIw-CEAAe3Xn.jpg

#TeamMouthguard #TheLegendGrows

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Edit: This coaching staff is fucking dumb on O at times. Why the fuck are we putting Legursky and Urbik in space to block? Get Glenn out there crushing dudes. Screen game is disgusting, they can't create matchups with Spiller in pass game. Gailey and Joe D did a great job with the OL, and getting the backs in space.

I don't understand how anyone thought it was a good idea to field an o-line replete with Steeler cast offs.

idk. Maybe I am being too critical of the guy, but it's a pretty unpleasant thing. I'm not a big fan of his game. People say Flacco but Flacco moves around better than people give him credit for

Yeah, not his biggest fan either.

I actually wish Kevin Hogan would come out this year. Him and Carr are my favorite QBs this year. Knew the Raiders never had a chance at Teddy, so didn't kid myself.

Speaking of Kiper, I think I read something he published only a couple days ago saying Logan Thomas still could be a first round Qb smh.

Edit
Nov 15, 2012 03:28 PM EST
TheWashingtonPost
ESPN’s Mel Kiper, Jr. says Hokies QB Logan Thomas still in ‘first-round discussion’

Virginia Tech quarterback Logan Thomas has endured his fair share of criticism this year, but at least one NFL draft expert believes he could still be a first-round draft pick if he decides to leave school early following the 2012 season.

ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr. said Wednesday on a conference call that while Thomas’s stock has dropped because of his struggles this season, Thomas would still be in the “first-round discussion” should he forgo his senior season and declare for the 2013 NFL draft because many of his fellow quarterbacks also are having down years.

I actually wish Kevin Hogan would come out this year. Him and Carr are my favorite QBs this year. Knew the Raiders never had a chance at Teddy, so didn't kid myself.

I'd rather make a move for some other pieces than a QB. (someone to help out Houston, and a big body WR to muscle out DBs come to mind first, also some O-Line players that don't get injured)

But I wouldn't be upset with Bridgewater.

squicken

I have watched very little Stanford, but I thought that knock on Hogan was a really bad delivery? Games I watched they so rarely threw the ball

e: Mettenberger comparisons seems to be Drew Bledsoe or Carson Palmer. Big arms but not as mobile as Flacco

Doesn't Vegas give the home team -3 if all else is equal?

Yeah. I figured a 3 game lead and a head-to-head win would get us more than 1/2 a point. Vegas refuses to give up on the 49er's. They're actually favored over the Saints to win the Super Bowl now (just 10/1 vs 11/1, but still).

I'd rather make a move for some other pieces than a QB. (someone to help out Houston, and a big body WR to muscle out DBs come to mind first, also some O-Line players that don't get injured)

But I wouldn't be upset with Bridgewater.

I only see us taking a QB in the first if one falls to us, depending on where we end up picking. Otherwise I agree we take a WR, probably Watkins, though I'm not too big on speedy wideouts, but he understands coverages and runs crisp routes.

I can see us taking Watkins, and then a QB in the 2nd, possibly Boyd and then a OG in the 3rd, Yankey or Martin would be nice.

I have watched very little Stanford, but I thought that knock on Hogan was a really bad delivery? Games I watched they so rarely threw the ball

His delivery is fine, but he tends to make some bad decisions and ill advised throws. He needs more experience, but is a big athletic guy, strong arm, good feet. Would love to take him in the 2nd or 3rd, but I think he is probably gonna stay in school.

LJ11

I don't understand how anyone thought it was a good idea to field an o-line replete with Steeler cast offs.

Urbiks a solid starter though, just hard to ask him to block in the screen game. You can live with one average guard who has above average performances, but Legursky is a big weakness. Gets pushed back a lot.

Edit: I like Hogan too, he's no slouch. Not sure what his upside is because their O is throwback and they don't really air it out, but he runs that O pretty well and executes. Good mobility in the pocket too, looks like he has a solid arm as well. Watched a bunch of Stanford for one reason, I'm amazed at how they get off of blocks. Not sure what they put in the water, but they shed like snakes. Hard nosed D.

squicken

Kind of weird that KC is essentially locked into the 5th spot with a month left in the year. No reason for them to play anyone even slightly banged up

squicken

About as locked as us as the 1 seed. Still not comfortable about possibly collapsing late.

SEA has it locked. I kind of think they are going to take it to SF, just to prove they aren't only a home team. SF is down two starters on their offensive line, and that is the foundation of their offense. Gore isn't Lynch. Can't get those same tough yards

SEA has it locked. I kind of think they are going to take it to SF, just to prove they aren't only a home team. SF is down two starters on their offensive line, and that is the foundation of their offense. Gore isn't Lynch. Can't get those same tough yards

boone played really well at LT last week. snyder was... decent as he can be. looney looked pretty good. rams have a good line as well.

i would be surprised if the chickens "took it to us". but i was also surprised when they and the colts did it early in the season so anything is possible :(

i'll accept dat 6 seed and a date with the lions!

squicken

boone played really well at LT last week. snyder was... decent as he can be. looney looked pretty good. rams have a good line as well.

i would be surprised if the chickens "took it to us". but i was also surprised when they and the colts did it early in the season so anything is possible :(

i'll accept dat 6 seed and a date with the lions!

You know I am rooting for you guys. Just don't think Kap can carry you guys. As good as the Rams DL is, the secondary is trash. Rams would blitz and for some reason Trumaine Johnson would be giving Boldin a 12 yard cushion. Easy pitch and catch. Such a stupid team. Yap yap yap but they suck. Typical Fisher crap. He doesn't get that it turns the officials against his team. You'd never guess he is Shortz' mentor

Milchjon

I still kinda hate this season.

I guess I should be happy that after Hernandez, Tebow and all these fucking injuries we're still going to win the division.

But actually going like 12-4, another crushing playoff loss, wasting another year of old Brady, and all the while thinking about who we lost to injuries feels hollow to me.

/whine

I guess I should be happy that after Hernandez, Tebow and all these fucking injuries we're still going to win the division.

But actually going like 12-4, another crushing playoff loss, wasting another year of old Brady, and all the while thinking about who we lost to injuries feels hollow to me.

/whine

They've overcome a lot. The Broncos game was very telling of the team's tenacity and while they've battled injuries and all that other stuff, they're getting business done.

I feel they can beat any other AFC team in the playoffs, even if they have to go to Mile High.

cdyhybrid

/whine

But think of all the people here who might not even see their team 1) go 12-4, 2) get to the playoffs, or 3) have a QB as good as Brady was.

/whine

Only teams you really need to worry about are the Chiefs and a God Mode Flacco. You'll get Denver in cold weather no matter what, the Bengals D is way more crippled since you last played them, and the Colts who don't have a decent running back and just 1 decent WR.

Hammer24

Banned

/whine

#firstworldproblems

Now imagine rooting for a team, where you don´t know if you really hope for another win for not forfeiting the early draft pick :-/

Milchjon

Maybe, but I think you'll probably see that it's different if/when the Pats hit a down period and max out at 6 wins for 3-5 seasons.

Dunno, I only care about Brady's legacy right now. The post-Brady era is only of concern when it arrives, and I'm ready for the disappointment that comes with it.

cdyhybrid

Dunno, I only care about Brady's legacy right now. The post-Brady era is only of concern when it arrives, and I'm ready for the disappointment that comes with it.

Dunno what else he would have left to do with regard to legacy. He's set records and he'll be a first ballot HoFer.

Milchjon

Dunno what else he would have left to do with regard to legacy. He's set records and he'll be a first ballot HoFer.

But the haters :-D

Edit: Of course I'd also simply want to see them win a Super Bowl with my own eyes, and who knows when they'll get another chance once Brady's gone.

They've overcome a lot. The Broncos game was very telling of the team's tenacity and while they've battled injuries and all that other stuff, they're getting business done.

I feel they can beat any other AFC team in the playoffs, even if they have to go to Mile High.
Unless it's Cincinatti.

jakncoke

Banned
If Logan Thomas is drafted in the 1st like 3 rounds I'll eat belut. Besides being like 6'6 I see nothing a NFL team would want for their qb. Mel Kiper is drunk of hair product fumes

If Logan Thomas is drafted in the 1st like 3 rounds I'll eat belut. Besides being like 6'6 I see nothing a NFL team would want for their qb. Mel Kiper is drunk of hair product fumes
Dude shouldn't be drafted, period. I've watched almost every game he's played and he has progressively declined since his sophomore year. He is a TE that VT forced into playing QB because they suck at recruiting real QB's. Can't read a defense, horrible pocket awareness and movement, absolutely abysmal accuracy (cannot stress this enough), and lackluster leadership skills. He has a strong arm but that's about it.

EDIT: I guess I should also give him credit for his bulldozing ability. He's a pretty good north-south runner, somewhat similar to Cam Newton in that regard. I'm overly harsh on him because he has not done well for my alma mater but I guess there is always a chance he could turn into a functional QB with some quality coaching. His mechanics just need so much work.

Top Bottom