• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

jakncoke

Banned
I love america. Not only am getting out of a 18.5% loan but i get a 800 dollar check. Now im sure im insurance will see a hit on my next car, but right now in my situation this is pretty goddamn sweet.

bionic77

Picked up my copy of Fire Emblem. Have never played a single game in this series.

Will I be disappoint?
The game is perfection. If you don't like it then you are the disappointment not the game. Anyone who doesn't like the game has forgotten the face of their father and probably has wet dreams of Tom Brady.

What happened to weinke btw? Break up or divorce?

Tom Penny

I still kinda hate this season.

I guess I should be happy that after Hernandez, Tebow and all these fucking injuries we're still going to win the division.

But actually going like 12-4, another crushing playoff loss, wasting another year of old Brady, and all the while thinking about who we lost to injuries feels hollow to me.

/whine

Go Join Gata and root for the Jags.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 34m
Barring a setback, I'm told #Panthers DE Charles Johnson will be back vs. #Saints. Probably could've played last wk, didn't want to risk it.

Breesus will be feeling the full effect of Monstarz Inc

Dragon

Banned
Joe Person ‏@josephperson 34m
Barring a setback, I'm told #Panthers DE Charles Johnson will be back vs. #Saints. Probably could've played last wk, didn't want to risk it.

Breesus will be feeling the full effect of Monstarz Inc

I really don't mind the Panthers but I think it's one of those things where I liked Panthers fans better when they hated themselves.

I thought everyone could use a boost this morning so I decided I'd post some screencaps of my favorite moments from the Dolphins/Jets game:

photo_1.png

I wonder if one of the three fewer was Green Bay this past Thursday

LevelNth

Banned
Wow, AP has passed 10k with a 5.0+ YPC average. Only two other backs in the history of the NFL have done that.

Barry Sanders.
Jim Brown.

That sounds about right.

bionic77

Steelers-age, how pissed would you be if we pulled a Raiders?
What do you mean?

Are you talking about the draft? I want them to draft a difference maker on defense in the first round if they can. If there is no one that fits that bill I would rather they trade their pick for more picks in later rounds. A lot of that depends on how we got. No one is going to trade the 14th pick for a low first and a second.

Honestly though our problems are deep. We don't have any good direction in the FO or from the coaches. We are probably fucked no matter what we do.

squicken

Wow, AP has passed 10k with a 5.0+ YPC average. Only two other backs in the history of the NFL have done that.

Barry Sanders.
Jim Brown.

That sounds about right.

Yep. Never saw Brown of course, but Sanders was the best RB I have seen. Tomlinson and Faulk were great too, but not on that level. Peterson is darn near close. Especially b/c you look at MIN games and think "oh they'll lose ... unless Peterson goes out of his mind"

jakncoke

Banned
No, cutting ties with players that arent going to be apart of the next playoff/SB run anyways and start a rebuild in the offense regardless of the deadcap. Because of infinite wisdom we have a hand full of vets that will either be making 10+ million next year or have a dead cap of 10+ million. This roster isnt playoff or SB bound, so why set our dick on fire and sit through another painful 2 years before we realize wow we need to reboot dont we.

gutshot

Yep. Never saw Brown of course, but Sanders was the best RB I have seen. Tomlinson and Faulk were great too, but not on that level. Peterson is darn near close. Especially b/c you look at MIN games and think "oh they'll lose ... unless Peterson goes out of his mind"

The crazy thing is Peterson has done this without a QB. Imagine what his numbers would be like if the Vikings had even the tiniest threat of a passing game?

No, cutting ties with players that arent going to be apart of the next playoff/SB run anyways and start a rebuild in the offense regardless of the deadcap. Because of infinite wisdom we have a hand full of vets that will either be making 10+ million next year or have a dead cap of 10+ million. This roster isnt playoff or SB bound, so why set our dick on fire and sit through another painful 2 years before we realize wow we need to reboot dont we.

..?

I've been arguing that all season!

squicken

The crazy thing is Peterson has done this without a QB. Imagine what his numbers would be like if the Vikings had even the tiniest threat of a passing game?

Well he had those years with Brent. And I still think he has got some tread on the tires. Of course, if the people running the show next year are the same ones who thought it'd be a good idea to bring in Josh Freeman, it won't matter.

jakncoke

Banned
..?

I've been arguing that all season!

Thread gets too big to follow everyones stance on everything. The only stances I really got down is.

Bucket drinks girly drinks
Snes is still made at Sony over a thing that happened in 1994
kas still thinks Stafford will get a ring someday

But really we need to get rid of the people that decided it was a good idea to move base salary to bonus in later years. That has really hamstrung us these past 2 years and 2014 will be no different.

Tom Penny

Sweet Pea and Jim Brown are the best RB's ever. Jim Brown was the most dominant runner..Payton was the best all around RB who also played with terrible QB's.

Thread gets too big to follow everyones stance on everything. The only stances I really got down is.

Bucket drinks girly drinks
Snes is still made at Sony over a thing that happened in 1994
kas still thinks Stafford will get a ring someday

But really we need to get rid of the people that decided it was a good idea to move base salary to bonus in later years. That has really hamstrung us these past 2 years and 2014 will be no different.

:jnc. You must still be concussed from your accident, because you and I have discussed it more than once.

As for the extensions Hindsight is 20/20. Steelers kept deferring because we had a championship caliber team. Now that's over so the only way to get free is to cut bait. The major question to be asked is if Ben is part of the group of vets we let go. Now that our offense has miraculously taken off *cough cough* I doubt he's going anywhere.

jakncoke

Banned
After 7 seasons LT had a lead on all RBs by 500 yards. Yet finished several thousand short of Barry and Emmitt. Barry would of had Emmit numbers at the end if he didnt get sick of that terrible ass franchise. Im curious what kinda of decline AP is going to have. Will it be dramatic or gradual. LT gained 3084 in the 4 years after his 7th

jakncoke

Banned
:jnc. You must still be concussed from your accident, because you and I have discussed it more than once.

As for the extensions Hindsight is 20/20. Steelers kept deferring because we had a championship caliber team. Now that's over so the only way to get free is to cut bait. The major question to be asked is if Ben is part of the group of vets we let go. Now that our offense has miraculously taken off *cough cough* I doubt he's going anywhere.

:p more than likely I was drinking. I dont think Ben goes just yet, in the NFL you can go from bums to sb contender in 2-3 years. In 2-3 years he'll still be less than 35. Thats young enough to lead a contending team if his body holds up which is questionable. He is 13th all time with 380 atm. Brents record is his if he stays in the NFL lol

Fun Fact despite being drafting 4 years later and not starting in 7 years or whatever its been David Carr and Peyton Manning have the same number of sacks.

RBH

The announced crowd of 39,869 for the Bills vs. Falcons game was the smallest for any of the six regular-season games played in Toronto (2012’s game against the Seattle Seahawks was 40,970) and only slightly better than the 39,503 who showed up for a Bills exhibition game against the Indianapolis Colts in August of 2010, which will give ammunition to Bills fans and media critics that see the Bills In Toronto Series as some kind of abomination.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...o-nfl-clash-at-rogers-centre/article15706647/

Brandon said 20,000 seats remain for Bills-Dolphins game on Dec. 22. That's nearly 30 percent of Ralph Wilson Stadium unsold right now.
https://twitter.com/mikerodak/status/408225547202727936

Buffalo Bills CEO Russ Brandon said Wednesday he will "review" the future of the team's annual Toronto game after it lost for the fifth time Sunday in the six years they've played in Canada.

"There's a full evaluation that will take place on all of our business, relative to what this series means and I'm going to look at it very closely," Brandon told WGR 550 in Buffalo.

The Bills have played an annual game at the Rogers Centre since 2008. The team signed a new, five-year deal earlier this year, but asked Wednesday about whether the Bills could "get out" of the agreement, Brandon hinted at the possibility.

"I'm going to look at everything," Brandon responded. "I'll leave it at that."

The Bills have viewed their game in Toronto as a way to "regionalize" their brand, but their overtime loss to the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday drew the smallest crowd (38,969) in the game's six-year history.

"Toronto has been positive for us down here. We've had great growth in the Southern Ontario marketplace over the last five years back here at Ralph Wilson Stadium. That has been a big positive," Brandon said. "[But] it has been a challenged market there and certainly has not translated into enough wins for us there."

By playing one of their home games in Toronto, the Bills play just seven games per season at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Brandon said Wednesday that selling out the 40-year-old venue has been difficult this season.

"It's also about being viable. That's one of the things that we've talked about for many years here. Look at it from the standpoint from where we've been on the ticket side. We've taken a game out of the market that has essentially taken 70,000 seats out of our market, and we've truly only sold out two of our home games," Brandon said. "We've manufactured sellouts in the other four or five. We're trying to find ways to obviously keep this team viable and we've done a very good job at and this [Toronto] series has obviously contributed to that."

Four of the six Toronto games have been played in December, when the Bills -- who haven't made the playoffs since 1999 -- have typically been out of the playoff hunt.

"We've got to put ourselves in a position where we're selling games out no matter what. I want to play and I know our fans want to play deep December games here at Ralph Wilson [Stadium]," Brandon said. "And we obviously want to have every seat in this stadium sold. Sellouts drive your business. They drive all aspects of your business."

The 4-8 Bills will play their final home game at Ralph Wilson Stadium on Dec. 22, and Brandon said Wednesday that 20,000 tickets remain for that game.

"I don't feel good about it," he said. "That's a long way to go in two weeks."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10077465/buffalo-bills-review-toronto-game-future

Eleuin

I didnt watch the whole game but the field at rogers centre was appalling.

For the sake of the players I hope they never play here again.

LevelNth

Banned
After 7 seasons LT had a lead on all RBs by 500 yards. Yet finished several thousand short of Barry and Emmitt. Barry would of had Emmit numbers at the end if he didnt get sick of that terrible ass franchise. Im curious what kinda of decline AP is going to have. Will it be dramatic or gradual. LT gained 3084 in the 4 years after his 7th
Call me crazy, but I personally think AP is in his prime right now. Last year and this year he's running better than he ever has, and this year he's playing with the worst O he's had in his career, and his usually middle of the pack OL is even underperforming from that.

I say 6 more seasons. Minimum.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Rogers Centre isnt even 47k capacity? How would a move to Toronto ever work in such a small stadium.

It won't happen, but in the miracle that Toronto did land a team we'd need to build a new stadium...problem is we have no space to put one downtown.

LevelNth

Banned
It won't happen, but in the miracle that Toronto did land a team we'd need to build a new stadium...problem is we have no space to put one downtown.
They'd probably put it in Downsview. TTC access, not too far from downtown and parking already there.

Still, I don't think it'll happen any time soon, and the horrid attendance from the last Bills game is just cementing that.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
They'd probably put it in Downsview. TTC access, not too far from downtown and parking already there.

Still, I don't think it'll happen any time soon, and the horrid attendance from the last Bills game is just cementing that.

Ugh the congestion there is already terrible I am scared to even think what a football stadium would add to it.

Plus they'd need to gussy up the area a tad.

Top Bottom