• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

jmdajr

Get hype for the Suck bowl!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell it might even be an exciting game. No one gives a fuck about these teams but they have had nice match ups in the past.

I remember watching hail mary Jag pass replays on NFL network for like months. It was nice to be reminded of that. Thanks.

MechDX

Manziel(1).jpg

Its like he is winking at the Texans fanbase. "Don't worry Im coming!"

The biggest thing holding Wallace's production back right now is Tannehill underthrowing deep balls and bad o-line play that doesn't allow long pass plays time to develop. Sherman has been sending him on fly routes very often. If Tannehill gets to the point where he has some chemistry with Wallace in terms of timing he will turn into a valuable weapon. Maybe not $60 mil. valuable but it is what it is.

. Steelers o-line was shit under Arians too but Ben still got shots off. What i've seen of Sherman's offense it's very similar to Haley's which doesn't work well for what Wallace does. lot of intermediate stuff and YAC. Arians said he had 4 or 5 specific deep shot plays to Wallace and tried to work them in every game. Get him over the top of coverage - he's not winning if he gets touched.

MechDX

Lots of chatter about trading down. Wise or unwise? I just hope whoever we get has some impact day 1.

Been saying that for a while. Some QB starved team: Jets, Browns, Raiders, etc... will jump if we have the #1 pick. Trade down a few slots and get some extra picks later.

All depends on who the new HC is though. If it is someone like Horton, I can see us dropping a couple places and drafting someone like Barr early and get a QB for competition with Keenum later

. Steelers o-line was shit under Arians too but Ben still got shots off. What i've seen of Sherman's offense it's very similar to Haley's which doesn't work well for what Wallace does. lot of intermediate stuff and YAC. Arians said he had 4 or 5 specific deep shot plays to Wallace and tried to work them in every game. Get him over the top of coverage - he's not winning if he gets touched.
Ben is a magician when it comes to extending plays, you know this. Tannehill is improving in that regard but overall his movement in the pocket is below average so he can't hide the bad o-line very well.

Sherman's offense is like what you described for the most part but the deep shot plays have been more and more frequent as the season has progressed. Early in the season playcalling seemed like the biggest issue, now it's more Tannehill's deep ball accuracy because Wallace has been getting the separation and the right play-calls from what I've seen.

But yeah, everything you said is 100% right about Wallace. I should have listened to you a long time ago, haha.

squicken

Trading down for QB is going to be tougher than people think. Everyone expects an RG3 haul for moving down, but how bad that went for WAS means no one will do it again. Especially if there isn't a consensus top QB

Ben is a magician when it comes to extending plays, you know this. Tannehill is improving in that regard but overall his movement in the pocket is below average so he can't hide the bad o-line very well.

Sherman's offense is like what you described for the most part but the deep shot plays have been more and more frequent as the season has progressed. Early in the season playcalling seemed like the biggest issue, now it's more Tannehill's deep ball accuracy because Wallace has been getting the separation and the right play-calls from what I've seen.

But yeah, everything you said is 100% right about Wallace. I should have listened to you a long time ago, haha.

hey it's not like we paid him lol

MechDX

Trading down for QB is going to be tougher than people think. Everyone expects an RG3 haul for moving down, but how bad that went for WAS means no one will do it again. Especially if there isn't a consensus top QB

They wont get #1 picks or anything. But I could see maybe a #2 and #4 to swap #1's easily. All it takes is one team to be enamored with Bridgewater/Carr/JFF

Johnny is going to the Jets.

Deal with it

Exhibit A

Fox318

But I thought

geno-smith-savior.jpg

?

Both will fight it out.

Geno is a 2nd round pick, we don't owe him crazy money and we can cut him anytime we want.

Geno has his shot and all he has done the past 5 weeks is stare receivers down and miss throws. I couldn't believe that missed throw to Nelson, he was wide open and he cut before Geno threw the ball..

What I would worry about more than that is Tannehil. Getting hit that frequently so early in your career can give a QB jitters. Just ask Carr or Gabbert.

Two less QBs going early hurts our chances of a LT falling to us :( I'll worry about the likelihood after the final draft spots are determined or at least everyone that misses the playoffs.

Both will fight it out.

Geno is a 2nd round pick, we don't owe him crazy money and we can cut him anytime we want.

Geno has his shot and all he has done the past 5 weeks is stare receivers down and miss throws. I couldn't believe that missed throw to Nelson, he was wide open and he cut before Geno threw the ball..

Wasn't there a pretty damning statistic regarding the percentage of passes behind the line of scrimmage in college? Starting to look like Tavon got that dude a job

Anyone every bought a replacement phone off of Amazon? I've been talking about replacing my old phone without upgrading for a while now, and I finally pulled the trigger on a "New" iPhone 4 unlocked verizon phone on Amazon. I don't expect new, but gently used, works, and not stolen is all I'm looking for.

But I can't help feel like I'm getting swindled.

Colasante

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/04/waiving-mcmillan-points-to-downturn-in-packers-drafts/

When you’re dealing in a science as inexact as drafting NFL players, it’s worth remembering that smart guys miss too.

But the misses have become increasingly clear in Green Bay, where recent drafts have not helped General Manager Ted Thompson’s reputation as an evaluator.

As pointed out by Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com, releasing second-year safety Jerron McMillan on Tuesday means the Packers have fewer than half their draft picks from the 2011 and 2012 drafts on the current roster.

That Ted Thompson drafting.

What I would worry about more than that is Tannehil. Getting hit that frequently so early in your career can give a QB jitters. Just ask Carr or Gabbert.
Trust me, I know. He has become less and less poised in the pocket as the season has gone on, although in the last few games (and specifically against the Jets) he has at least been abandoning the pocket on instinct more often instead of turtling up Brady-style and taking the sack.

But yeah, it's a major concern. It could completely wreck his development. They are already nearing that point but if they miss on the o-line again next season I don't like his chances long-term.

bionic77

Deacon thinks Ben is crap.

And most of Steelers nation was ok with Wallace leaving. We would have been happy if we got him to stay for cheap, but pretty much everyone wanted Brown if we had to choose between the two (which we did).

Fox318

Wasn't there a pretty damning statistic regarding the percentage of passes behind the line of scrimmage in college? Starting to look like Tavon got that dude a job

Geno does have a cannon for an arm.

He is playing with sub standard talent around him at all position on the offense.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets shop Mangold in the off season. He has not had a good year and he is getting paid way to much to not be playing better.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The game is perfection. If you don't like it then you are the disappointment not the game. Anyone who doesn't like the game has forgotten the face of their father and probably has wet dreams of Tom Brady.

What happened to weinke btw? Break up or divorce?

Got divorced!

squicken

Both will fight it out.

Two things on Geno for me. Normally you want to give a guy more than a year to prove himself, especially with the Jets bad offensive players. But he's been so historically awful, that I'm not sure it matters

On the other hand, this is now another QB that has completely disintegrated with Rex. Same issues as Sanchez. So you wonder if any QB can succeed with Rex as a coach. He's not as bad as his dad, but he seems hostile to the concept of offense.

I'd move on from Rex and Geno but be worried about why Idzik took Geno in the first place

Bowser

Anyone every bought a replacement phone off of Amazon? I've been talking about replacing my old phone without upgrading for a while now, and I finally pulled the trigger on a "New" iPhone 4 unlocked verizon phone on Amazon. I don't expect new, but gently used, works, and not stolen is all I'm looking for.

But I can't help feel like I'm getting swindled.

iPhone 4? You're buying a phone that came out in 2010?

You realize that it's pretty much already obsolete, right?

Fox318

I see no reasonn to move on from Rex.

He can coach football.

Last thing the Jets need is a shitty assistant coach who knew Idzik or went to school with his son.

bionic77

Got divorced!
That sucks.

But at the same time the first time you bust a nut in some other chick is probably going to be magical. It will wear off 10 minutes later when the horniness starts to wear off and you can actually listen to what she is saying, but before that happens it is guaranteed to be pretty epic!

We beat the patriots this year and if not for the Kraft check on a Milliner Interception they should have beat them twice.

Shoulda coulda woulda man. Keep drinking your Kool-Aid and I'll keep drinking mine. We're gonna Fisher-ball our way to 8 wins next year. It's gonna be awesome

Top Bottom