• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

I think that stuff started about the time Shanny decided he wanted out. Obviously he wants to be fired so he gets the rest of his contract. Rumor was he wanted to stay put at 6 and take Tanny, and not trade up at all

Wouldn't surprise me. I was shocked Shanahan even took the Redskins job in the first place. Dude is a control freak, should have known he was gonna butt heads with Snyder.

MechDX

Mech!!! I told you not to fuck with us! It was you're flawed voodoo which willed Jacoby to that TD.

You tried to bring me sadness, what's up with that. I thought we were cool, man!

Squickens damn fault. Needs the power of two. Eagles are fucked.

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock 4h
2 longest losing streaks in NFL & worst teams in the AFC & NFC are the #Texans & #Redskins. Shanahan & Kubiak = same system. Coincidence?

Shanahan, Kubiak and Schaub to Cleveland.

Jacobi smh

Admit your love for Flacco!

Squicken, for real. He did have a game winning drive and I appreciate that, but he turned it over three times at home. He's 15th in yards, 15th in TDs, top 3 in INTs and has something like the 28th QB rating. That's pretty fucking pedestrian. And to be crystal clear....it's the money. You want to be the 15th best QB in the league, that's fine with me. Better than Boller. But paying that much is a killer. We got swindled.

Please lose one game, it's all I ask of you :(

You first

Oozer3993

For some reason, the officials at the end of the Browns-Patriots game decided to give New England the win. That's effectively what happened when they decided to call a pass interference on Browns cornerback Leon McFadden, even though McFadden didn't do anything to Patriots receiver Josh Boyce to deserve a penalty.

By throwing the flag there, with the Browns holding a 26-21 lead in the final minute, the officials decided the game. The Patriots got the ball at the 1-yard line, and the next play they scored the game-winning touchdown. The officials have to understand that call determines the game. Even worse, what McFadden did shouldn't be a pass interference call on the first drive of the game, much less the final minute. If you call that level of contact on a NFL defensive back, every play would end up with a penalty.

Don't believe me? Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating, criticized the officials on FoxSports.com and in the article titled "No, that definitely was not pass interference," said that the call was wrong.

"McFadden and Boyce were hand-fighting down the field," Pereira wrote. "There was not enough contact for defensive pass interference to be called."

It was the wrong call, and it has a huge impact on the playoff picture. The Bengals would have taken over the No. 2 seed for the time being with a Patriots loss. The Broncos would have widened their lead for the AFC's top seed to two games with three to go. The Dolphins would have had an outside shot to catch the Patriots in the AFC East.

But no, the officials decided the Patriots deserved a break. So there was a phantom call to gift wrap a touchdown and a win. Merry Christmas, New England.

That's right, the refs screwed over not just the Browns, but also the Broncos and Bengals! THE REFS DON'T CARE ABOUT TEAMS THAT START WITH A B! [/KanyeRant]

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...-patriots-gifted-win-034218399--nfl.html?vp=1

No, that definitely was not pass interference

The only answers you need to know about the questionable penalty that was called in the Cleveland-New England game with less than a minute to play with the Browns leading 26-21 are this:

No ... and ... No.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/pereira-no-that-definitely-was-not-pass-interference-120813

Squickens damn fault. Needs the power of two. Eagles are fucked.

Shanahan, Kubiak and Schaub to Cleveland.

Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!

P.S. Finally saw the last play from the Vikings/Steelers game. That is the funniest ending I can remember.

26p7b.jpg

My name is FMT and I approve of these stats.

edit

fucking tinypic!? well the point being is that pwill is the best middle linebacker in the game

squicken

Squicken, for real.

Gotcha. Seems to make plays in big games. I guess it's his fault sometimes it is even close in the first place, though

---

No idea how old these comments are, just saw them now

@AKinkhabwala: 2 straight non-winning seasons. Asked Ben if Steelers need to be remade. Declined to answer. Could've said "No"

@AKinkhabwala: Ben asked why Steelers didn't run as much in the 2H. Says, "No idea. Coach Haley's over there. You can ask him."

Oozer3993

Flacco is the new Favre. The king of last minute comebacks that wouldn't have been needed, except he threw a bunch of picks earlier.

26p7b.jpg

My name is FMT and I approve of these stats.

edit

fucking tinypic!? well the point being is that pwill is the best middle linebacker in the game

TinyPic has a habit of overwriting old pictures with new ones. Which means sometimes your perfectly innocent picture of stats will, sometime down the line, turn into a picture of one of the naughty acts you keep threatening others with.

Even as a Jets fan, I want the guy who called Rob Gronkowski "soft" earlier in this thread to take a swift Louisville Slugger to the ACL and see how well it holds up.

LJ11

Shocked that Moats has a positive run grade, he is a good tackler.

Look at this release by K.Allen

KArelease.gif

His short area quickness was noticeable when watching him play at Cal, he was a punt returner as well, but sometimes it doesn't always translate to the pros when you face better comp. In year one he's easily the best receiver from that class, still a long way to go though for the others.

Gronk got a raw deal, but he is soft. Living up to his scouting report.

hahaha

"Doesn't take players going 15+ mph into his knee well, needs to improve."

Back was his only issue, had surgery on it and some were scared off because he's going to be in a crouched stance as in line TE taking on blocks and putting stress on it constantly.

squicken

Sherman

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...xpected-blowout-win-blames-loss-on-bad-calls/

“We didn’t project it to be this way,” Sherman said, via quotes distributed by the 49ers. “We expected to blow them out but they got the benefit of a few calls tonight throughout the game and that helps you especially on third down, we will see them again and it will be a different result.”

He reiterated that he expected a blowout for the Seahawks, and that the home team “got a few questionable calls on third down.”

Sherman also disputed the notion that the return of receiver Michael Crabtree, who missed the Week Two game between the teams due to a torn Achilles tendon, made a difference for the 49ers.

“It didn’t make a difference,” Sherman said. “It didn’t make a difference at all. . . . The penalties, that is what made the difference today.”

e: Allen I totally whiffed on. Wanted nothing to do with him seeing his stuff from his last year and bad workouts. Looked slow and didn't show up in games, but turned out to be injuries and a bad QB in college. Scouting!

hahaha

"Doesn't take players going 15+ mph into his knee well, needs to improve."

Back was his only issue, had surgery on it and some were scared off because he's going to be in a crouched stance as in line TE taking on blocks and putting stress on it constantly.

I'm obviously not talking about the knee shot he took, nothing could be done about that, but he's missed a good deal of time for his back - same thing that showed on his scouting report.

Sherman

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...xpected-blowout-win-blames-loss-on-bad-calls/

e: Allen I totally whiffed on. Wanted nothing to do with him seeing his stuff from his last year and bad workouts. Looked slow and didn't show up in games, but turned out to be injuries and a bad QB in college. Scouting!

there were indeed questionable calls and non-calls in that game (for BOTH teams) but i cannot remember one that came on 3rd down. sherman was flagged on a 3rd down throw where boldin made him look foolish and caught the ball anyways so the flag didn't matter.

suck a cock dick sherman you stupid ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

LJ11

I'm obviously not talking about the knee shot he took, nothing could be done about that, but he's missed a good deal of time for his back - same thing that showed on his scouting report.

His forearm has cost him a bunch of time, maybe more so than his back because of the infection. And I'm obviously joking about the knee shot, didn't think you meant it that way. He's had some terrible luck, all you can really say at this point.

Years ago that hit would have been labeled dirty, no question about it. Going at a guys knees was the worst thing you could do, but with the rule changes it's now the norm.

squicken

His forearm has cost him a bunch of time, maybe more so than his back because of the infection. And I'm obviously joking about the knee shot, didn't think you meant it that way. He's had some terrible luck, all you can really say at this point.

Years ago that hit would have been labeled dirty, no question about it. Going at a guys knees was the worst thing you could do, but with the rule changes it's now the norm.

I really do think a lot of this has to do with QBs. They used to be very hesitant about exposing their WRs to traffic, knowing they could get blown up. There has always been a skill to it; throw the ball down so the receiver isn't stretched out, or away from the defender so only the back is exposed. But Brady threw that in a lot of traffic. To me, it's like boxing. defend yourself at all times. QBs now seem to rely on defenseless receiver rules to protects their guys

MechDX

I really do think a lot of this has to do with QBs. They used to be very hesitant about exposing their WRs to traffic, knowing they could get blown up. There has always been a skill to it; throw the ball down so the receiver isn't stretched out, or away from the defender so only the back is exposed. But Brady threw that in a lot of traffic. To me, it's like boxing. defend yourself at all times. QBs now seem to rely on defenseless receiver rules to protects their guys

Brady is a monster. Got those poor Reliant security guys fired now he is trying to get his TE killed.

I'm waiting for the league to regulate - where going over the middle once meant getting blown up and sitting out a few plays with a concussion it now means getting blown up and sitting a year with a torn ACL. It'll go right back to being a no man's land soon enough.

xnipx

Squicken, for real. He did have a game winning drive and I appreciate that, but he turned it over three times at home. He's 15th in yards, 15th in TDs, top 3 in INTs and has something like the 28th QB rating. That's pretty fucking pedestrian. And to be crystal clear....it's the money. You want to be the 15th best QB in the league, that's fine with me. Better than Boller. But paying that much is a killer. We got swindled.

You first

Joe never was one to fill the stay sheets. How many Super Bowls does he have to win for you to get over the contract? One more? Two more? Does he need one Super Bowl for every year he makes over 15 million to justify it to you???

Is every quarterback who gets paid over 15 million and DOESN'T win a Super Bowl a waste of money and crippling their team?

Greg

I'm waiting for the league to regulate - where going over the middle once meant getting blown up and sitting out a few plays with a concussion it now means getting blown up and sitting a year with a torn ACL. It'll go right back to being a no man's land soon enough.
how many players have been taken out from low hits this season?

Bread

Banned
rehosted:
4ZGQwNG.jpg

we all know AJ Hawk is the best linebacker
God damn at how good Spikes is. If only the Pats had a good coverage linebacker to put next to him, instead of drafting Hightower. Collins hasn't looked too bad the past couple weeks though.

how many players have been taken out from low hits this season?

Couldn't tell you off the top of my head - whatever the number is it'll quadruple in 5 years.

I remember in the Tebow game Harrison did it to Decker. People freaked out and called it dirty but it's the future of the league.

Well at least Shanahan will likely be fired now. I was never a fan of the hire in the first place, and was cautiously optimistic about last season (and all the talk of daddy handing the keys down to his son). Unfortunately Snyder is still the owner so he will probably hire some retread who failed once somewhere else because he thinks the Redskins have to have these high profile hires instead of looking at someone young who can create a system to work with RG3, like say Bevell, the OC in Seattle.

Maybe they should teach guys to stop trying to "blow it up" at any level and just tackle guys. The NFL just needs to tell guys to stop trying to dislodge the ball from the receiver if they can't do it without either blowing out knees or blowing out brains.

Huh just realized that ben threw a forward pass in that final play and apparently there was a flag that was never mentioned, still that was way too close.

Top Bottom