• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

Tenumi

Banned
Some Lions fans have been bringing up the point about how almost every game we`ve lost this year has been in the second half. In fact I think every game has been close until the end.

That tells me Schwartz is failing to make basic halftime adjustments. Chip Kelly schooled Schwartz.

I have no problem getting rid of Schwartz even when we make the playoffs.

Where I separate from a lot of Lions fans is regarding our GM, Martin Mayhew. I think he has been one of the best GMs the last 4 years and stocked this team with talent after a bare cupboard 0 and 16 season where now only Megatron remains.

We shored up the right side of our offensive line this year with a 3rd round pick and a undrafted RFA. Thats how you build winning football teams.

Now going into next years draft we don`t have to worry about the trenches and can just focus on playmakers.

I definitely think Mayhew should stay. I have no issues with what he's done, beyond maybe like one trade.

We bros.

I don't even begrudge that your team was the latest in a long list of teams that embarrassed our defense.

Can't wait for this season to end. God I hope Tomlin gets smart in the offseason. Probably the same thing Gata's mom says every summer and with a similar result. :(

No chance of that I'm afraid.

jmdajr

I'd feel sorry for Texans fans if they weren't mostly assholes in here.
0318_hwu31.gif

Hey guys we're part of asshole Gaf!

bionic77

If the Steelers get their act together I think they can quickly go back to being contenders. Ben has still got it from what I saw yesterday, there are just some holes that the team needs to fix up.
Ben has been one of the best qbs this season (after the first 3 games where he sucked).

The Steelers are literally on like their 13th offensive lineman. And Ben is still in top 5 or close to it in yards and TDs.

Ben, Brown and Timmons have all earned their money. We could be really good on offense with one more receiver (fuck you Sanders you bum) but our defense is really bad. We would need to hit a home run in the draft and FA to make them above average. Those things happen but we have a lot of expensive deadweight to cut too.

P.S. Don't say Ben played well where Deacon can see it. He thinks the best thing to do is get rid of our best player for a 2nd round pick and start over.

So, Gronk's out for the rest of the season. Hopefully this means the Pats can still beat the Ravens when they play them. Seems like every time I put my trust in another team to beat someone, they lose. Go Dolphins!

Milchjon

And you were the only member of Pats age I respected!
also Dutch and Bread

Haha, I have zero problems with you when you're not in ragemode! I just needed some time until I figured you out!

Also, there are many other respectable Pats fans. Colasante, Sanjuro, Gata and many more.

Dragon

Banned
Haha, I have zero problems with you when you're not in ragemode! I just needed some time until I figured you out!

Also, there are many other respectable Pats fans. Colasante, Sanjuro, Gata and many more.

Are you saying I'm not respectable? Wow.

Jeff-DSA

All those "should have won" games are really irritating right now. Miami could easily have 2-3 more wins, making the playoff race a bit more comfortable. I guess you're bound to have struggles with the league's worst offensive line though.

P.S. Don't say Ben played well where Deacon can see it. He thinks the best thing to do is get rid of our best player for a 2nd round pick and start over.

This defense is two years away from being good again. Needs a NT, ILB, a FS, and at least 1 corner.

Get ready for at least one more season like this one wasting Ben's prime.

Game was lost on Manny Sanders drop. We conclude that drive with a field goal and even this porous D couldn't hand the game over.

Troy is also having a terrible season. Part of that is playing the Dime LB where he has no impact. We need a stud at LB so bad, and if Vince Williams snap count is any indication he ain't that guy.

To anybody who wonders why rookies typically don't start on a Dick Lebeau defense, there you go.

I found this interesting from an SI Dan Patrick interview with Haloti Ngata, who doesn't really seem to do much media.

Dan Patrick: Why do you guys hate the Patriots?

Haloti Ngata: We play each other because we're usually the top of our divisions. We've created a little rivalry. We respect them. But we don't like them.

DP: Is Tom Brady a pretty boy?

HN: Definitely. He wants every call.

DP: Does he complain to the official?

HN: I don't think that's really a question. You guys see it on TV all the time.

DP: Does he say anything to you during the game?

HN: Just like, Take it easy on me. Because he knows I like to lie on him.

DP: Do you stay on Brady a little bit longer?

HN: No, I don't want to get that whining flag.

Love it.

Greg

All those "should have won" games are really irritating right now. Miami could easily have 2-3 more wins, making the playoff race a bit more comfortable. I guess you're bound to have struggles with the league's worst offensive line though.
that's how I feel about the Packers this season

that 10-40 Thanksgiving game... they were right there!

Ceiling is Alex Smith with a turnover problem? lol, tragicomedy pls.
ohh, I didn't see that TD play

nice ball

JABEE

Are you saying I'm not respectable? Wow.

RIP Snewtons Crosby

Gata is not respectable!

He's respectable for a Jags fan. I don't blame him for his irritable temperament. He's going through some tough times just by looking at the state of his team. They only play half of their home games in Jacksonville. Gata can't go to see his boys play at Alltel Stadium (is that what it's called?).

Wrayfield

No, seriously. I don't write this lightly. I actually like Foster and Johnson and Watt and even that roided up Cushing (because he doesn't whine after his second knee blow-up, respect that, not many football players left like that).

I am actually in shock, even not being fan of the team.

Milchjon

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 26m
Bad news for #Cardinals DB Tyrann Mathieu. Tests confirmed not only a torn ACL but also a torn LCL. More significant than originally thought

Sucks. Loved watching him.

Top Bottom