• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

Wrayfield

Name's Richie, biiiitch! Every team needs a stud OG who can mentor and toughen up their young o liners? I lead by example.

I think I will be available sometime from 2016 after my prolonged sabbatical (I'm trying to find myself, this game is so violent after all). I also hear your d-line is a big fan of my work. :)

MechDX

wingoz trey wingo
stat of the day from ESPN research: The Jaguars are still mathematically alive in the AFC. Of course, 15/16 teams in conference still are

At least we have one less thing to worry about.

Who'd win in a fight: Dragon or Baconsammy?

Baconsammy was 100x more annoying than Dragon. Correct me if I'm wrong but Baconsammy also went into the MLB both years the Giants won and made us look terrible. Not sure if it was him or some other asshat though. Don't want to go back through old threads.

Fantasy for most of pats gaf it seems.

Vy9W0x7.jpg

Mmmmm

Mmmm that lamb was delicious! We simply dominated on both sides of the ball.

- First, the one lowlight, Honey Badger possibly having a torn ACL :( Fuck! He's having an MRI done today and I'm really hoping that's not what it is. If he tore it, would he have been able to even attempt to run off the field? That's the one reason I'm harboring hope it's something less serious. Heal well and quickly honey badger! You're DROTY in my book!

- OL was night and day from the week 1 match up and Sowell dominated Quinn and Winston beat Long. We only gave up one sack all game against a top 5 sack team which is phenomenal for these guys

- Palmer played his most accurate game yet, I believe. The play calling took less risks with his elbow injury and it allowed him to take care of the ball and make efficient passes. Another game with no turnovers

- Play calling was much improved this game between how Palmer was treated and not having him sling it down field all game and also getting Larry open or on man to man coverage all game which he was able to take full advantage of

- Abraham and Dansby were lights out, great signings by Keim when many thought they were washed up. I still question why we didn't start Abraham and let him lose at the beginning of the season, he's now gained 11 sacks in the past 7 games. Front line abused their OL

- Cook was handled as I said he'd be with D Wash back which allows Dansby to do what he does best on top of what D Wash does himself

- Defense just unbelievable between Multiple picks, sacks, a safety, defensive touchdown, tackles for loss, QB hits, and only allowed 50 yds rushing from the backs (that busted Tavon Austin play ruined a complete rush prevention) What more could you ask for?

- Feely....wtf??? Two missed FGs from pretty close range....Don't know why he was off this game, he's been money most of the season. If this were a close game that'd have been huge and could have cost us the game. Hopefully he gets his shit together

Really sucks to not claim the W in Philly, we'd be in a great position for the playoffs but we're not out yet! It really hurts that the stupid Sea Chickens dropped that game in SF, probably more likely to overtake CAR now but I don't know if they are likely to lose anything outside of the rematch against NO and we can't afford to lose a single game if that's the case with a game in SEA... Hard to imagine us making it unless one of these two teams slip but it's not over till it's over.

I know. But he played it correctly. The qb is the responsibility of the near ilb on the read option. Troy fucks it up here just like Timmons fucked it up against Oak.

Sure, if biting hard on a play fake is playing it correctly. Jar Jar is no good against the run, he can't pressure the quarterback and gets blocked easily by RBs. If he wasn't a first rounder on a team with depth issues, he'd be finding it hard to even dress for most games.

Colasante

Already looking ahead to 2014… some defensive tackles that could be available for the Patriots in free agency: Henry Melton, Randy Starks, Jason Hatcher, Paul Soliai.

I'd love Hatcher but I'm sure he'll resign with Dallas. Melton could be a nice target if the ACL tear brings down his price tag. I'd also assume a DT will be their first round pick next year, maybe they'll even double dip like they've done with TE, RB, and WR in recent years, and they'll have Armond Armstead coming back from exile as well. I think the defense has a chance to be really good next season if the injured players can come back and be their old selves.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Baconsammy was 100x more annoying than Dragon. Correct me if I'm wrong but Baconsammy also went into the MLB both years the Giants won and made us look terrible. Not sure if it was him or some other asshat though. Don't want to go back through old threads.

I don't remember him in those threads. Maybe you're thinking of that bandwagoning idiot Mana Legend during the 2012 run.

Milchjon

Honestly, I don't really blame Ward for the tackle.

But what kind of stupid fucking excuse is "I couldn't hit him high because of fines" when he's almost a foot shorter and 60 lbs lighter.

Why blame it on fines when the reason is that he's fucking afraid of Gronk running through him. He was basically upright, there were at least 3 feet of "tackleable body" there.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
You sure about that? Jarvis got benched for this exact play a few weeks ago. Giving up the edge on his side.

Unless LeBeau and Tomlin have decided to stop doing what works and play base because the inside backers are too dumb to remember simple concepts, which is entirely possible, yes. The Steelers have been using the scrape-exchange technique to stop the read option. See some of Vince Williams early highlights for some good examples.

ScreenShot2013-05-13at1.11.29PM_original.png

Unless LeBeau and Tomlin have decided to stop doing what works and play base because the inside backers are too dumb to remember simple concepts, which is entirely possible, yes. The Steelers have been using the scrape-exchange technique to stop the read option. See some of Vince Williams early highlights for some good examples.

The Steelers blew it but in their defense the Dolphins have run that play with Tannehill keeping it maybe 4 or 5 times all year. It's used almost as a trick play in Sherman's offense, not a staple like with a lot of teams. It doesn't excuse the defense but it makes their lack of preparation a little more explainable.

I honestly wish they'd use Tannehill's mobility more often...

Well blow me down. Sorry Jarvis.

The Steelers blew it but in their defense the Dolphins have run that play with Tannehill keeping it maybe 4 or 5 times all year. It's used almost as a trick play in Sherman's offense, not a staple like with a lot of teams. It doesn't excuse the defense but it makes their lack of preparation a little more explainable.

I honestly wish they'd use Tannehill's mobility more often...

Honestly all this does is adds to Troy's bad year. Terrible reads and bad guesses all over the field, the Pats game being the most egregious example..

Already looking ahead to 2014… some defensive tackles that could be available for the Patriots in free agency: Henry Melton, Randy Starks, Jason Hatcher, Paul Soliai.

I'd love Hatcher but I'm sure he'll resign with Dallas. Melton could be a nice target if the ACL tear brings down his price tag. I'd also assume a DT will be their first round pick next year, maybe they'll even double dip like they've done with TE, RB, and WR in recent years, and they'll have Armond Armstead coming back from exile as well. I think the defense has a chance to be really good next season if the injured players can come back and be their old selves.
I think if one of the elite TEs are there they will pick one over a DT.

LJ11

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9478

The best kept secret in Tampa: Lavonte David is the best OLB going today.
[/IMG]

This was the easiest draft evaluation, or one of, in recent years and yet he went later than he ever would should have. His moves on the 2nd int, which was more of a fumble but who cares, were insane for a LB, dude was juking guys out of their shoes.

Best LB in the game if you ask me, worthy of discussion anyway.

ShaneB

Home field advantage for sure. There are 5 teams that are still undefeated at home. Seahawks, Pats, Bengals, Broncos, and Saints. Crazy.

Mmmm that lamb was delicious! We simply dominated on both sides of the ball.

- First, the one lowlight, Honey Badger possibly having a torn ACL :( Fuck! He's having an MRI done today and I'm really hoping that's not what it is. If he tore it, would he have been able to even attempt to run off the field? That's the one reason I'm harboring hope it's something less serious. Heal well and quickly honey badger! You're DROTY in my book!

- OL was night and day from the week 1 match up and Sowell dominated Quinn and Winston beat Long. We only gave up one sack all game against a top 5 sack team which is phenomenal for these guys

- Palmer played his most accurate game yet, I believe. The play calling took less risks with his elbow injury and it allowed him to take care of the ball and make efficient passes. Another game with no turnovers

- Play calling was much improved this game between how Palmer was treated and not having him sling it down field all game and also getting Larry open or on man to man coverage all game which he was able to take full advantage of

- Abraham and Dansby were lights out, great signings by Keim when many thought they were washed up. I still question why we didn't start Abraham and let him lose at the beginning of the season, he's now gained 11 sacks in the past 7 games. Front line abused their OL

- Cook was handled as I said he'd be with D Wash back which allows Dansby to do what he does best on top of what D Wash does himself

- Defense just unbelievable between Multiple picks, sacks, a safety, defensive touchdown, tackles for loss, QB hits, and only allowed 50 yds rushing from the backs (that busted Tavon Austin play ruined a complete rush prevention) What more could you ask for?

- Feely....wtf??? Two missed FGs from pretty close range....Don't know why he was off this game, he's been money most of the season. If this were a close game that'd have been huge and could have cost us the game. Hopefully he gets his shit together

Really sucks to not claim the W in Philly, we'd be in a great position for the playoffs but we're not out yet! It really hurts that the stupid Sea Chickens dropped that game in SF, probably more likely to overtake CAR now but I don't know if they are likely to lose anything outside of the rematch against NO and we can't afford to lose a single game if that's the case with a game in SEA... Hard to imagine us making it unless one of these two teams slip but it's not over till it's over.
The last game of the year could be huge. If the Cardinals were to win that game against the 49ers, and the teams ended up with tied records, I wonder who would have the tiebreaker for the final wildcard. 49ers with better divisional record right?

jmdajr

I think the Texans are the new Jags. Actually quite cruel what happens to that team this year...

Damn. At least let us have a string of losing seasons first.

Still, no would would have ever believed they would have the no. 1 pick. It's just mind blowing. One for the record books.

Honestly all this does is adds to Troy's bad year. Terrible reads and bad guesses all over the field, the Pats game being the most egregious example..
He did have the pick six and the dropped pick six earlier in the game, though. Dude still has a knack for being where the ball is, his body is just having a harder time keeping up.

Tom Penny

They won't have Talib back unless they franchise him so they will be out decent corners and back to square one next year. I'm still confused on how Hightower plays so much. I hope they ramp the shit out of Collins reps since barring some Flacco shit the season is over.

The last game of the year could be huge. If the Cardinals were to win that game against the 49ers, and the teams ended up with tied records, I wonder who would have the tiebreaker for the final wildcard. 49ers with better divisional record right?

The cardinals would have to finish a game above us in the win column. We will own the tie breaker if our records are the same

He did have the pick six and the dropped pick six earlier in the game, though. Dude still has a knack for being where the ball is, his body is just having a harder time keeping up.

I thought it was a terrible throw by Tannehill, but troy made a great play reading him, although it didn't look like Hartline would have made the catch anyways.

Troy's good at reading Green QBs. Experienced ones eat him for lunch though.
Makes sense. Tannehill has a tendency to stare down Hartline and force a bad pass to him at least a time or two a game.

I thought it was a terrible throw by Tannehill, but troy made a great play reading him, although it didn't look like Hartline would have made the catch anyways.
Yeah, it was a terrible throw. Reminded me of that moment when the wheels started to fall off at the end of the first half against the Saints...

Makes sense. Tannehill has a tendency to stare down Hartline and force a bad pass to him at least a time or two a game.

Yeah, it was a terrible throw. Reminded me of that moment when the wheels started to fall off at the end of the first half against the Saints...

lol I thought the same thing, I even went into the kitchen to start making some lunch

Do you guys know what I was doing while you were watching the super awesome Eagles-Lions snow game yesterday?

Sitting in a fucking airplane on a runway in Boston for four hours because PHL was closed. I missed the game and ended up getting home at like 9:00pm.

Top Bottom