• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

Yeah he'll start if Shanny dosent get fired before this weekend. Probably time to end this situation, let Shanny go. No point in sitting Rg3, let him play and learn. he could use some more humbling experiences anyway. Kid thought he was PeyPey after his rookie year.

I once had a guy tell me how he was sure Tom Brady was actually a black guy. So I'm sure RGIII compared himself to Tom, not Peypey.

Farooq

Banned
Today I learned Dan Snyder is a worse owner than Jerry Jones.

From Next Man Up : John Feinstein

“I still remember my first meeting with him,” Nolan said, shaking his head. “He was sitting at his desk, smoking a big cigar. First, he did about fifteen minutes on how he got to be rich. Then he said to me, ‘If I guaranteed you a fifty -thousand-dollar bonus for getting our defense to be in the top three in the league, would that be an incentive to get you to work harder?’

“I told him no , it wouldn’t, because with or without a bonus, I was going to give heart and soul to the job. He looked at me and said, ‘You’re probably another one of those guys who lets his wife tell him what to do, aren’t you?’

“Now, that made me laugh. I tell young coaches that they better be sure when they take a new job that their wife can be happy. See, the coaches have it easy. We get someplace and we’re spending all our time doing what we love: coaching. We’re in meetings, we’re planning, we’re working with the guys. We’re not the ones who have to find new schools and new doctors and a new place to shop and send out change-of-address stuff and get phones hooked up. Your wife is doing all the work, so you better be sure she’s comfortable with wherever you’re going, because if she’s not, everyone is going to be miserable.

“I didn’t say anything like that to Snyder, because I knew it was pointless. He was so busy spewing profanities all around, I just wanted to get out of there.”

For a football coach to notice someone else’s profanities is remarkable, since profanity is the official language of the NFL and most professional sports leagues. That meeting with Snyder proved to be the beginning of a less-than-beautiful friendship. Early that season, after a Redskins loss, Snyder told Nolan that his defensive calls were “too vanilla.” Like the other coaches, Nolan had figured out by then that trying to explain football to Snyder was pointless, since he already had the game figured out. A few days later a gallon of 31 Flavors ice cream showed up on Nolan’s desk with a note that said, “This is what I like. Not vanilla.”

Nolan laughed and sent Snyder a note: “Thanks for the ice cream. My kids enjoyed it.”
“The first time it was actually kind of funny,” Nolan said. “I didn’t mind it at all.”

The next time wasn’t as funny. The Redskins lost on the road to Dallas , and Nolan went into his office late Sunday night to start looking at game tape. When he arrived, there were three giant canisters of melting 31 Flavors ice cream on his desk with another note: “I wasn’t joking. I do not like vanilla.”

This time Nolan was less than amused.

For more great tidbits on what a shitty owner Snyder is, check out this link from the Washington City Paper. From A to Z (for Zorn), an encyclopedia of the owner's many failings.

After reading the Washington City Paper piece, I can understand why Shanahan would want to leave. Snyder is a POS.

Mindlog

blog+211.jpg

Uncle Rog has always been about the dollar signs. This is nothing different.
http://nfl.si.com/2013/12/09/super-bowl-xlviii-no-tailgating-metlife-stadium/ said:
...Fans will not be allowed to to park and walk to the East Rutherford, N.J. stadium; nor will they be able to arrive via taxi or limo, because only vehicles with parking passes will be allowed near the premises....

The committee will charter a bus called the Fan Express, which will cost $51 and pick up and drop off passengers at nine locations around the region. Fans can also take N.J. Transit to the MetLife Stadium stop.
New York should be official Super Bowl host from now on.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Snyder is too much of a cheapskate to use more than painted dirt for a field, player safety and performance be damned. Pretty much sums up what kind of person he is.

Narag

Like this phrasing on PFT:

But with the dumpster fire that is the Redskins raging as we speak, the Texans are barely a smoldering trash can.

If I wanted to watch the same bad movie three times I'd watch Transformers three straight times. The only redeeming thing about you is your Archer icon. You take that away...*shudder*

And you must be a beta judging by your avatar. You stand beneath me, because I have a body of a Greek God.

I hate myself for starting this discussion but I was thinking, how would you rank the QB class of 2012 at this point? Who would you want to QB your team? For me the hardest decision is Luck or Wilson at number one, but I'm gonna go with my gut and say:

1. Luck
2. Wilson
3. Tannehill
4. RGIII
5. Weeden

Wilson has had a better year without a doubt but Luck's supporting cast sucks. I can only use that excuse for a little while longer though, at some point I might have to admit that Russell is just the better of the two if things keep trending in this direction. I'm not sure if Tannehill's ceiling takes him above either of those two, but we'll likely never know thanks to the Dolphins ruining him.

Tom Penny

I hate myself for starting this discussion but I was thinking, how would you rank the QB class of 2012 at this point? Who would you want to QB your team? For me the hardest decision is Luck or Wilson at number one, but I'm gonna go with my gut and say:

1. Luck
2. Wilson
3. Tannehill
4. RGIII
5. Weeden

Wilson has had a better year without a doubt but Luck's supporting cast sucks. I can only use that excuse for a little while longer though, at some point I might have to admit that Russell is just the better of the two if things keep trending in this direction. I'm not sure if Tannehill's ceiling takes him above either of those two, but we'll likely never know thanks to the Dolphins ruining him.

RGIII has the worst supporting cast of any of them and the worst defense in the NFL on top of that.

1. Luck
2. Wilson
3. Tannehill
4. RGIII
5. Weeden

You mean 2013? If not, then RGIII is above Tannehill.

Wallace hasn't been effective with the Phins. Not sure why we aren't utilizing him, unless other teams are manning up on him.

Either way, I'm impressed with the connection between Tanne and Clay. Hartline can still make plays, too, but in general, we need more effective weapons for Tanne.

Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck. I'd take him over Luck any day. He's smart as fuck and I don't care how short he is he's got long arms and big fucking hands. Let's not act like he hasn't had a banged up offensive line all season, and marginal receivers, and still put up numbers.

1. Luck
2. Wilson
3. Tannehill
4. RGIII
5. Weeden

I liked how tannehill settled in after some really bad throws to start the game, then came back with a TD drive after that terrible pick 6, haters be damned I still like him and hope he's a dolphin for the next 10+ years.

Bread

Banned
Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck. I'd take him over Luck any day. He's smart as fuck and I don't care how short he is he's got long arms and big fucking hands. Let's not act like he hasn't had a banged up offensive line all season, and marginal receivers, and still put up numbers.
No doubt. I can see Wilson being the best QB in the league in a few years, his arm is fucking insane.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
RG3 over Tannehill easily. I'd also take Foles over Tannehill. Why is nobody ranking him?

He'll revert back to something closer to 2012 form with a new coach and a healthier knee.

Fox318

FMT said you needed small hands to play qb.

1) Wilson
2) Luck

Nobody else from the class matters nor will they be in the league 2-3 years from now.

Well Holmgren offered CLE's two first round picks that year. Obviously he didn't use them very well, but that doesn't mean his process was correct. It's so much to give up for any player
Im not trying to use hindsight, and use what we know now. I'm just saying I would still of wanted the browns to make that trade for a potential franchise Qb in Rg3. And yes I know it's a lot, but chances like that don't roll around all the time. And if you hit it's way worth it.

rando14

1) Wilson
2) Luck

Nobody else from the class matters nor will they be in the league 2-3 years from now.

I think it's too early to pull the plug on RG3, and I doubt the skins will do so given how much they paid for him and how much raw exposure he's gotten the last two years. Next year will define his career, given he'll be with a new coach (and likely new OC and perhaps even more)

Didn't put up numbers yesterday brah

Top Bottom