• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

MechDX

Like this phrasing on PFT:

But with the dumpster fire that is the Redskins raging as we speak, the Texans are barely a smoldering trash can.

Texans job is coveted

Owner who is too loyal at times
Deep pockets
Doesn't get too involved in player operations
There is LOTS of talent on that roster

bionic77

only to play QB for the Niners. You need to either have small hands, like Alex, or learned your QB mechanics from Uncle Rico off Napoleon Dynamite, like Colin Kaepernick.

meatthrow.gif
Tom Brady wishes he had Uncle Rico's velocity.

ShaneB

I'm well aware of that. You invest time into your team, try to learn about the past and actually watch the games. I'm talking about silly euro's who just want to wear NFL caps to look cool and besides Wussle and Lynch couldn't name a single player.

Thanks, yeah, I've dived into the deep end with trying to get familiar with the Seahawks. As fantastic as Wilson is and no doubt a franchise QB, I'm more more defensive minded, so those players are my favourites instead. I love reading analysis of plays and Xs and Os as Hitokage is aware and watching past Seahawks yearbook films and trying to feel like it's always been a natural fit to cheer for them now.

edit: Also, after reading "Slow Getting Up", I've definitely got a fair amount of respect for Shanahan. He sounds like a stand up guy and a great coach during his time in Denver.

Exactly. There is no real downside with that job. A few holes but it isn't Raiders/Jags bad by a long shot.

New coach gets all I mentioned and #1 pick

Fuck it, I'll throw my name in the hat, Houston is closer to Miami than LA and I'm sure I could coach, I mean I've played madden before and everything.

MechDX

Fuck it, I'll throw my name in the hat, Houston is closer to Miami than LA and I'm sure I could coach, I mean I've played madden before and everything.

Must have impeccable hair
Dry and bland while offering no real info at pressers
Use the word "battlin"
Hire friends for asst coach positions and refuse to fire them

gutshot

I hate myself for starting this discussion but I was thinking, how would you rank the QB class of 2012 at this point? Who would you want to QB your team? For me the hardest decision is Luck or Wilson at number one, but I'm gonna go with my gut and say:

1. Luck
2. Wilson
3. Tannehill
4. RGIII
5. Weeden

Wilson has had a better year without a doubt but Luck's supporting cast sucks. I can only use that excuse for a little while longer though, at some point I might have to admit that Russell is just the better of the two if things keep trending in this direction. I'm not sure if Tannehill's ceiling takes him above either of those two, but we'll likely never know thanks to the Dolphins ruining him.

No Foles?

My ranking:

1. Wilson
2. Luck
3. Foles
4. RGIII
5. Tannehill
172. Weeden

Jeff-DSA

I imagine that if Tannehill could finish a three step drop before having a DE clawing at his jersey that he'd look significantly better. I'm excited for what he can be once he doesn't have Tyson Clabo watching his back.

MRSA

Banned
Shanarat's system would work in Houston. They have the same zone blocking preference and an owner that gives the coaches autonomy.

I'm curious as to what's going to happen with the Raiders. Dennis Allen has clearly lost the team. I don't know how patient Mark Davis is but he seems to put up with more than his old man did. If MD and Reggie Mac decide that Allen isn't the answer I can see it as a good landing spot for coaches. Young roster, full draft, and a lot of money to bring in players they want.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I think Kap might take a while to really grasp the pro game, but he'll probably get there. Especially if they replace Roman, which will suck for us!

Random big plays aside, keeping the 49er's offense in check is the one thing we can be sure about for now.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So Shanahan gave Snyder the finger during a presser trying to get fired, eh? Beats Kubiak giving McNair the finger during a game, I suppose.

I think Kap might take a while to really grasp the pro game, but he'll probably get there. Especially if they replace Roman, which will suck for us!

Random big plays aside, keeping the 49er's offense in check is the one thing we can be sure about for now.

Random big plays aside the niners can say the samething about the Seahawks offense and that's with wussle apparently already being NFL mvp

MRSA

Banned
PS4 guises. I don't know if I have a faulty controller or if it's just Killzone. But there are times when I try to reload or send out my owl it won't do it. Maybe it's because I'm in the middle of blasting away at some alien. Normal or should I get a replacement?

Must have impeccable hair
Dry and bland while offering no real info at pressers
Use the word "battlin"
Hire friends for asst coach positions and refuse to fire them

Hmm I got the hair, I can work on being dry and using the word...as for hiring friends most of my friends aren't into football...so they are perfect!

New Tannehill Tidbit:

He's ranked 32nd in play action attempts but has a 118.4 QB Rating....when he does run them...

Shanarat's system would work in Houston. They have the same zone blocking preference and an owner that gives the coaches autonomy.

I'm curious as to what's going to happen with the Raiders. Dennis Allen has clearly lost the team. I don't know how patient Mark Davis is but he seems to put up with more than his old man did. If MD and Reggie Mac decide that Allen isn't the answer I can see it as a good landing spot for coaches. Young roster, full draft, and a lot of money to bring in players they want.

What makes you think he has lost the team? They play hard for him. Just suck.

If he's fired, it's just gonna make it harder to get good coaches and players to come to Oakland. I think he gets 1 more year with a full draft, money for FA.

manfestival

I hate myself for starting this discussion but I was thinking, how would you rank the QB class of 2012 at this point? Who would you want to QB your team? For me the hardest decision is Luck or Wilson at number one, but I'm gonna go with my gut and say:

1. Luck
2. Wilson
3. Tannehill
4. RGIII
5. Weeden

Wilson has had a better year without a doubt but Luck's supporting cast sucks. I can only use that excuse for a little while longer though, at some point I might have to admit that Russell is just the better of the two if things keep trending in this direction. I'm not sure if Tannehill's ceiling takes him above either of those two, but we'll likely never know thanks to the Dolphins ruining him.

No glennon? No glennon. NO GLENNON!
WHY?

MRSA

Banned
What makes you think he has lost the team? They play hard for him. Just suck.

If he's fired, it's just gonna make it harder to get good coaches and players to come to Oakland. I think he gets 1 more year with a full draft, money for FA.

The defense started hot completely lost any kind of swag after the Titans broke them. It's been pretty embarrassing. The offense had no sense of urgency yesterday running a "hurry up" offense.

The entire coaching staff makes no half time adjustments which is why they collapse after the half.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Lack of parking at new 49ers stadium means no weeknight games for its debut season:

A lack of game-night parking has the 49ers putting the brakes on high-profile "Monday Night Football" games at their new, billion-dollar stadium in Santa Clara.

The Niners have always counted on neighboring businesses and other outfits to provide 21,000 parking spaces on game days for fans at Levi's Stadium.

That will work fine on Sundays, when no one's toiling away at those businesses. It will be a different story, however, if 68,500 fans converge for a 5:30 p.m. kickoff and all those lots are full of employees' cars.

The upshot: No Monday night (or Thursday night) football for the team's inaugural season in Santa Clara next year, and maybe not after that, either.

"It's a busy area. We are still formulating all of our parking," said Santa Clara City Councilwoman Lisa Gillmor, who also sits on the stadium authority.

The 49ers haven't said much about the issue, beyond telling reporters they want to spend the first year "fine-tuning" traffic flow before trying to start a game during rush hour. "It's an ongoing process," said team spokesman Bob Lange.

Santa Clara officials, however, tell us traffic flow isn't the problem - it's what to do with the cars when they get there.

Gillmor said the 49ers have approached businesses about changing employees' hours on game days in order to clear the parking lots. "We are going to have to do some creative work with our local employers," she said.

The early returns, however, aren't encouraging. For example, nearby Mission Community College has tentatively agreed to rent the team 2,200 spaces on Sundays, but not on Mondays or Thursdays.

"That would be very difficult for our students," said Ed Maduli, vice chancellor of the West Valley-Mission Community College District.

There will be one weeknight game next year at the stadium, but the Niners won't be playing in it. Instead, the home team will be the Cal Bears who, oddly enough, scheduled the Friday night contest against the Oregon Ducks in Santa Clara because of their own parking issues in Berkeley.

According to UC Berkeley spokesman Herb Benenson, the Friday night game that Cal played against the Washington Huskies in November 2012 at Memorial Stadium was a logistical nightmare. Fans flocked to the stadium - which has no parking lot of its own - while the campus was full of faculty members and their cars. That left 5,000 season ticket holders without the spots they typically claim for Saturday games.

Santa Clara officials tell us the hope is that many Cal students will take buses that the university is providing to the Oct. 24 game at Levi's Stadium, and that motorists will be able to find sufficient parking given the relatively late 7:30 p.m. game time.

It should be an interesting test case.

In terms of young QBs:

Stafford >>> The rest

Check the stats

Kas, Kas, plz. He's not that good yet.

Also, if Schwartz does what I think he'll do and drive this team into the ground at the end of the year yet again ... who's the Lions' HC in 2014? (Lovie Smith with a competent OC, I kind of hope.)

MRSA

Banned
Well contacted Amazon, said they couldn't send a replacement, they instead gave me a $60 credit to buy another controller and told me to contact Sony.

Top Bottom