• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

I haven't paid attention to whether or not the Cardinals are interested in drafting a QB next year or if they plan on sticking with Carson Palmer, but with Zach Mettenberger's ACL tear, he might be a good value pick for you, assuming he falls to the 2nd or 3rd round. Arians can keep Palmer for another year while Mettenberger rehabs and learns behind him, then Mettenberger can take over in 2015. Seems like he'd fit Arians' offense really well, although he doesn't have the mobility that allowed Roethlisberger and Luck to flourish in it.

This has actually been considered by Cards fans pre-tear even. Many want at QB in the second round, after a LT. If we do get one they will certainly sit a year behind Palmer and be groomed while Palmer finishes his contract. I expect Palmer to play much better next year now that he has the system down, chemistry with receivers, and better protection with Cooper back and hopefully a stud LT from the draft. He looks good when he actually has time in the pocket.

Milchjon

ku-xlarge.gif

Farooq

Banned
Are guys ready for some Romo in December stats? I know I am!

BalvimOCAAAlxVN.jpg:large

Let us just conveniently leave out his record. And let's leave out seasons 2006, 2007, and 2008. Whoooo! Tony Romo!

jakncoke

Banned
I think I've substituted drinking with buying shit. I think I should have spent it on buying the Bears some safeties.

All that drinking money gotta go somewhere :p

Are guys ready for some Romo in December stats? I know I am!

BalvimOCAAAlxVN.jpg:large

Let us just conveniently leave out his record. And let's leave out seasons 2006, 2007, and 2008. Whoooo! Tony Romo!

You're quickly becoming the Dallas version of :kas

Bowser

Ive seen the highlight a bunch of times, but how does he get so open?

Also, love that Cam is finally figuring it out.

I forget where I read this, but basically Cam motioned LaFell into a stack with Olsen on the left side. Goldson (I think) was responsible for Olsen and rookie Jonathan Banks was responsible for LaFell. But the motion confused Banks and he basically ends up standing around where he was lined up at the snap while LaFell streaked down the seam right by him. A coverage breakdown because Banks didn't understand his responsibilities on that play.

Farooq

Banned
You're quickly becoming the Dallas version of :kas

I am playing a caricature. But Kas did open the door for guys like us.

Edit: I mean what else can Dallas fans do? Except wait for the eventual late season meltdown. So I grossly exaggerate my fandom for Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys in an attempt to cope. It is getting tired and annoying and I will stop eventually. But hey when I put up charts like the one above, at least you get see Eli's amazing stats.

jakncoke

Banned
I am playing a caricature. But Kas did open the door for guys like us.

Edit: I mean what else can Dallas fans do? Except wait for the eventual late season meltdown. So I grossly exaggerate my fandom for Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys in an attempt to cope. It is getting tired and annoying and I will stop eventually. But hey when I put up charts like the one above, at least you get see Eli's amazing stats.

If kas is allowed to run wild. Then you can

LJ11

Mettenberger will be shit in the NFL, book it. When he doesn't have functional space he's crap.

Two NFL WRs can make a dude look a good.

Go Hawks

Niners suck

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/4eHD1

Many of us can't make to Candlestick park to support our Seahawks on Dec. 8th when they play the 49ers. To show our dedication and support as members of the 12th man Travis Platt and I (Cedric James Morris) propose that we fly a plane with a banner attached that reads "GO HAWKS-12" over the staduim a little more than an hour before kickoff not just showing San Francicso, but the entire nation that we are the most passionate, the greatest, and the LOUDEST fans in the NFL. The banner would fly for approximately 10 to 15 minutes above Candle Stick!!! The amount total is exact to the dollar of the price for this task to happen, and the pilot has a no fly guarantee. If for any reason conditions are not suitable to fly, our money will be returned, and every individual that contributes will get any contributions back via paypal. Let's show the world, and those 49er's what the 12th Man is all about. ARE U FIRED UP? Let's make this happen my fellow 12's.

Crowd sourcing PED air drops....smh....

or in Stafford's case, 1 will do the trick

This is why I don't think Larry Fitz or Andre Johnson are that good. Andy Dalton without AJ Green is Christian Ponder. Hell look what happens when Matt Ryan loses Julio. The really great receivers make their QBs

I was worried about how Cam would handle the Superdome noise at night.

Then I realized that he dealt with 90000 fans every week on the road in the SEC in arguably even more hostile environments.

I wish people would protest the NFL games in London by not watching them or something.

Goodell needs to add an expansion team there or stop this shit.

Can't imagine that have lots of fun going out there during the normal routines.

For that matter the Toronto games suck too. Although that's just the Bills.

I was worried about how Cam would handle the Superdome noise at night.

Then I realized that he dealt with 90000 fans every week on the road in the SEC in arguably even more hostile environments.

To be fair, the toughest play he played that year was at Alabama. They got the rest of the big teams at home.

Greg

This is why I don't think Larry Fitz or Andre Johnson are that good. Andy Dalton without AJ Green is Christian Ponder. Hell look what happens when Matt Ryan loses Julio. The really great receivers make their QBs
but the really great QBs make Boykin an MVP

squicken

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...y-bridgewater-better-no-1-option-nfl-hot-read

Long look back at some choices at the draft, with input from the GMs involved. Also some early talk on Teddy and Clowney

"That will be a very tough choice if that scenario ends up playing out that way," said ESPN NFL analyst Billy Devaney, who was the St. Louis Rams general manager from 2008 to 2011. "When you're picking first, you don't want to hear about a player's upside. That's a general manager's nightmare."

---

There probably won't be booing if Bridgewater becomes the top pick over Clowney. But there will be reasonable speculation about what kind of quarterback he will become in the immediate future. There's little doubt he looks the part: 6-foot-2½, 220 pounds, 4.67 speed in the 40-yard dash and stats that jump off the page (6,986 passing yards, 69.6 completion percentage, 52 passing touchdowns and just 11 interceptions over the past two seasons). But nobody in scouting circles is putting Bridgewater in the same class as Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck, the first pick in the 2012 draft and a player widely hailed as one of the best quarterback prospects in the past 20 years.

One AFC scout said Bridgewater "is a really good athlete with a nice arm, but from what I saw, Mariota was the better prospect." An AFC general manager added that Bridgewater "has dropped off some [since his sophomore year]. He does have that quick release, but he's as thin as can be. All his weight is in his ass and he has skinny ankles and wrists. This is the big-boy league, and you have to be able to absorb pounding. He's a great kid, and he'll get drafted high, but is he a sure thing? I can't say that."

---

One NFC general manager said Clowney does look "like a player who is playing around the edges to avoid getting hurt," but the AFC scout said some of the jabs at Clowney are unfair. "He does take plays off, but a lot of guys do that," the AFC scout said. "He also doesn't have any legal issues. The big thing with him is that he's used to being on his own program because that's probably how Spurrier got him in the first place."

"You go back and look at recent drafts, and most high picks that were busts didn't fail because of talent," McShay said. "Eight out of 10 times, it was a character flaw or injuries that hurt them. So everybody will do their due diligence on Clowney and try to unearth some things that have come up in this process. If it was a different prospect, those same [personnel types] would just check off the boxes because they'd know the player could handle things [maturely]."

---

"The city of Houston never forgave Mario for being the first pick in the draft. (You're God damned right)

If anything I think they'd be better, considering your fans aren't making any noise.

Nah you're just going deaf from sitting to close to speakers. Artificially pumping in crowd noise will do that to you.

But seriously guys, crowd sourcing a banner to fly over the game and trying to buy bricks at Levi stadium? That's about as attention whoring as it gets.

People really think Tomlin did it on purpose? Even I think it was an accident. I saw all the different angles, looks like he immediately started looking up at the bigscreen, walked absentmindedly towards the screen, at the last second realized his problem, and tried to leap back out of the way. He didn't step out into his path; he tried to jump quickly. If you tried to leap sideways out the way with the quickness, your outside foot is going to slide outwards slightly as you push off. And the smirk? I think he realized he saved a touchdown, but always was thinking "ooh, that was close" and kinda smiled with that look of a kid who just got busted. 100,000$ fine is ok with me; you need to send a message that you have to stay off the white, but especially the field....but a draft pick? That's way to much. And I hate the Steelers.

Top Bottom