• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

Reality and Dee Milliner
Dee Milliner doesn't play on offense, although he probably would be an upgrade at QB.

photo_3.png

photo_7.png

photo_5.png

I'm sorry, I know I'm being a jerk. It's just that this is the Dolphins' Super Bowl.

MechDX

Maybe the texans didn't curse David but David cursed them. Only Derek can save them now.

How about no?

John McClain posted an article this morning about not blowing up the coaching staff and retain Kubiak.....I wouldn't put much credence into it except that McClain has been accused in the past of being a mouthpiece for McNair.

If that happens I am done with this team. Would just prove that he doesn't give a damn about winning.

Almost every big play the dolphins were targeting him.

The reality is the offense.
Ah, that makes sense!

I have to admit I was thinking it would be cool to pick up Milliner before the draft. It's crazy how ineffective he's been. Do you think he'll improve or is he going to end up being a bust?

Narag

How about no?

John McClain posted an article this morning about not blowing up the coaching staff and retain Kubiak.....I wouldn't put much credence into it except that McClain has been accused in the past of being a mouthpiece for McNair.

If that happens I am done with this team. Would just prove that he doesn't give a damn about winning.

As I don't know team dynamics like you, I've been wondering the following lately: would Kubiak be better if Schaub was off the roster and there was no more misplaced loyalty being a distraction?

Fox318

Ah, that makes sense!

I have to admit I was thinking it would be cool to pick up Milliner before the draft. It's crazy how ineffective he's been. Do you think he'll improve or is he going to end up being a bust?

Playing corner in Rex's system is tough. He will improve over in the off season as he has the body and the speed to play corner. He has flashes of why he was drafted when he is able to deflect a ball when playing deep coverage.

From where I was sitting I honestly felt bad for him. Dude is trying hard and every time he left the field he just looked beat. Teams are targeting him on every play and he knows it.

He spent most of his time on the bench next to Ed Reed so I'm sure he is trying to help him through his struggles this season.

squicken

I see no reasonn to move on from Rex.

He can coach football.

Last thing the Jets need is a shitty assistant coach who knew Idzik or went to school with his son.

He can coach defensive football. Offense has always been shit under him. For how many years do you want to watch your team do everything it can to hide its QB? I still can't believe they had 2 first round picks and used both on defense

Fox318

He can coach defensive football. Offense has always been shit under him. For how many years do you want to watch your team do everything it can to hide its QB? I still can't believe they had 2 first round picks and used both on defense
Richardson has been the best pick of the draft.

Apparently he was higher up on their draft board.

Eli being asked about the day of his selection in the draft and why he didn't want to play in San Diego:

Ebenezer Samuel @ebenezersamuel 31m

So Eli, why didn't you want to go to San Diego? "forgot, I guess...it's been ten years."

Why didn't he put on the Chargers hat?

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr 3m

I asked Eli about hat gate, and why he didn't put the Chargers hat on after he was picked. Said he was having a good hair day. #nyg

Playing corner in Rex's system is tough. He will improve over in the off season as he has the body and the speed to play corner. He has flashes of why he was drafted when he is able to deflect a ball when playing deep coverage.

From where I was sitting I honestly felt bad for him. Dude is trying hard and every time he left the field he just looked beat. Teams are targeting him on every play and he knows it.

He spent most of his time on the bench next to Ed Reed so I'm sure he is trying to help him through his struggles this season.
Yeah, it might just be a case of him being thrown into the fire too early. The Dolphins did target Cromartie quite a bit in that game as well, but you could tell he wasn't 100%. I don't think they'll move the ball nearly as well next time they play.

I give Ireland crap all the time about drafting a CB in the second and third round that have hardly seen the field this season but when you see a guy like Milliner struggling it helps you see the other side of the coin. Some positions are tough to jump straight into from college, and CB seems like one of them. And for as much as I can't stand Nolan Carroll I have to admit he has played better lately and the Dolphins passing D has been quietly pretty decent (9th in opponent passing yards).

Fox318

He had Brian Schottenheimer (who he inherited from Mangini) and Bill Parcells approved Tony Sparano. Tannenbaum had a thing for Parcells approved coaches.

Too bad like Bill they are all shit coaches.

Colasante

With the caveat that hindsight is always 20/20, it's interesting to look at what the Jets could have done differently in this year's draft. Say they still take Richardson at 13, instead of drafting Milliner at 1.9 and Geno Smtih at 2.7, they could had Kenny Vaccaro or Eric Reid at 9 (eliminating the need for Ed Reed), or Tyler Eifert (giving Sanchez a nice target to play over Kellen Winslow and Jeff Cumberland), and in the second round they could have had Robert Woods, Eddie Lacy, or Keenan Allen, among others. The pieces were on the board for them to upgrade both their offense and defense significantly, but instead Idzik drafted Milliner and Smith, both very disappointing players.

Fox318

I wish people would protest the NFL games in London by not watching them or something.

Goodell needs to add an expansion team there or stop this shit.

squicken

He had Brian Schottenheimer (who he inherited from Mangini) and Bill Parcells approved Tony Sparano. Tannenbaum had a thing for Parcells approved coaches.

Too bad like Bill they are all shit coaches.

So what's the solution now as far as offensive coordinator? I'm not trying to be a jerk. I just think you are stuck in place until you get a new coach. You don't want a coach whose best years are when you say "you know for such bad talent getting 9 wins wasn't bad"

I wish people would protest the NFL games in London by not watching them or something.

Goodell needs to add an expansion team there or stop this shit.

Fox pls

Morning football is something we need to see more of.

Have a Sunday Morning Football game followed by the normal bunch of games at 1:00 and 4:25 and then Sunday Night Football.

FOOTBALL ALL DAY

Fox318

So what's the solution now as far as offensive coordinator? I'm not trying to be a jerk. I just think you are stuck in place until you get a new coach. You don't want a coach whose best years are when you say "you know for such bad talent getting 9 wins wasn't bad"

Stay with Marty and give him some time with the offense.

They will have a ton of money to work with next year so they should try and sign some vets and draft some WR/TE.

That 3rd round pick they got from the bucs should help out there.

I've also heard that from people that they should go after Cutler and give the Bears a first if they decide to franchise him. Thats the last thing they should do.

jakncoke

Banned
Fox pls

Morning football is something we need to see more of.

Have a Sunday Morning Football game followed by the normal bunch of games at 1:00 and 4:25 and then Sunday Night Football.

FOOTBALL ALL DAY

Cant wait for the bible belt or religious complaining about that if it becomes a thing.

MechDX

As I don't know team dynamics like you, I've been wondering the following lately: would Kubiak be better if Schaub was off the roster and there was no more misplaced loyalty being a distraction?

There is misplaced loyalty and favoritism everywhere on this team.

Narag

General question: how many GMs have their own post game radio shows? Always found it weird Polian had one.

cdyhybrid

710 ESPN Seattle ‏@710ESPNSeattle 2m
RT @RLiuNFL: In Pro Bowl fan voting, @Seahawks @RSherman_25 leads all defensive players. @JJWatt is 2nd, @Earl_Thomas is 3rd

Welcome to life of watching games from another continent.

American Premier League fans have been waking up at 7:30 on Saturday and Sunday mornings to watch their favourite sides.

Poor Dutch and Milch have to stay up to all kinds of odd hours at night just to watch the Patriots playing primetime games.

Bowser

Welcome to life of watching games from another continent.

American Premier League fans have been waking up at 7:30 on Saturday and Sunday mornings to watch their favourite sides.

Poor Dutch and Milch have to stay up to all kinds of odd hours at night just to watch the Patriots playing primetime games.

So what, kids wake up every Saturday at 7:30 to watch cartoons, too.

Drafting Mathieu to play safety was a brilliant move by the cardinals. Meanwhile we are sitting here with TJ "Dick tackler" Mcdonald

Honey Badger and Ellington have turned out to be huge steals. Cooper will be great when he's back next year and I have faith that Minter will be once he gets an opportunity after Dansby eventually leaves. Most of the way through the season, I still love what Keim did.

Colasante

Honey Badger and Ellington have turned out to be huge steals. Cooper will be great when he's back next year and I have faith that Minter will be once he gets an opportunity after Dansby eventually leaves. Most of the way through the season, I still love what Keim did.

I haven't paid attention to whether or not the Cardinals are interested in drafting a QB next year or if they plan on sticking with Carson Palmer, but with Zach Mettenberger's ACL tear, he might be a good value pick for you, assuming he falls to the 2nd or 3rd round. Arians can keep Palmer for another year while Mettenberger rehabs and learns behind him, then Mettenberger can take over in 2015. Seems like he'd fit Arians' offense really well, although he doesn't have the mobility that allowed Roethlisberger and Luck to flourish in it.

Top Bottom