• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

WedgeX

Banned
Oh. Lest I forget.

iNWClB2uI824E.jpg

Yup, the 2007 draft proves this, almost to a comical level. Quarterbacks that were selected in the 2007 NFL Draft:

JaMarcus Russell
Brady Quinn
Kevin Kolb
John Beck
Drew Stanton
Trent Edwards
Isaiah Stanback
Jeff Rowe
Troy Smith
Jordan Palmer
Tyler Thigpen

I'll see your 2007 and raise you a 2009

Stafford (OK he's good, don't kill me kas)
Sanchez (Not really good, but he's got some quality wins on his ledger) After that it falls the fuck off though

Freeman
Pat White
Stephen McGee
Rhett Bomar
Nate Davis
Tom Brandstater
Mike Teel
Keith Null
Curtis Painter

At least 07 has some dudes that have started games. I haven't even heard of half of the guys in this 09 class. Tom Brandstater? Mike Teel? Keith Null?

BigAT

Sanchez (Not really good, but he's got some quality wins on his ledger) After that it falls the fuck off though

Freeman
Pat White
Stephen McGee
Rhett Bomar
Nate Davis
Tom Brandstater
Mike Teel
Keith Null
Curtis Painter

At least 07 has some dudes that have started games. I haven't even heard of half of the guys in this 09 class. Tom Brandstater? Mike Teel? Keith Null?

How is that group worse? Stafford, Sanchez and even Freeman would easily be the #1 quarterback in the 2007 class.

Bread

Banned
AHHHH-OOOOOOH

AHHHH-0OOOOOH

AHHHH-OOOOOOH

can't be much worse than the seven nation army bullshit, can it?

surprisingly, yes

How is that group worse? Stafford, Sanchez and even Freeman would easily be the #1 quarterback in the 2007 class.

Sure 09 is better at the top, but it's Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, and then...who?

Looking at that 07 class, you have 6 winning starters in the NFL.

Outside of the top 3 of 09 and Painter, I don't think anyone has actually started a game in the league and 5 of the 11 are out of the league or bottom of the barrel free agents.

(By winning starters, I mean have won a game in which they started)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yup, the 2007 draft proves this, almost to a comical level. Quarterbacks that were selected in the 2007 NFL Draft:

JaMarcus Russell
Brady Quinn
Kevin Kolb
John Beck
Drew Stanton
Trent Edwards
Isaiah Stanback
Jeff Rowe
Troy Smith
Jordan Palmer
Tyler Thigpen

Who's the best on this list anyway? Drew Stanton or Kevin Kolb?

Drakeon

Freeman
Pat White
Stephen McGee
Rhett Bomar
Nate Davis
Tom Brandstater
Mike Teel
Keith Null
Curtis Painter

Sanchez, even though he's pretty garbo, at least played in the AFC championship game twice. Stafford's way WAY better than anyone from 2007 and Freeman at least was good at one point, which you can't say about JaWalrus or Brady Quin. 2007 had literally no one. Kevin Kolb is arguably the best there and he's totally shit.

JaMarcus Russell
Brady Quinn
Kevin Kolb
John Beck
Drew Stanton
Trent Edwards
Isaiah Stanback
Jeff Rowe
Troy Smith
Jordan Palmer
Tyler Thigpen

*sigh* every coupla pages Jamarcus Russell gets brought up. It's the Albatross of Oakland.

squicken

*sigh* every coupla pages Jamarcus Russell gets brought up. It's the Albatross of Oakland.

Oh come on, it's more like a spruce goose

E:
http://t.co/mCnoPNaa5s

ESPN football podcast talking about HoF with Mike Sando, who is a voter. Seems like:

Derrick Brooks lock
Walter Jones lock

Aneas Williams likely
Andre Reed likely

Harrison lots of well he had Manning from league people

Strahan > Haley > Greene as far as likelihood

Coryell gaining traction as passing game takes over and people recognize how he changed football

Terell Davis gets lots of push back from NFL people b/c of how much success RBs have had in that system

I feel bad for Rodgers. They expect him to win a Super Bowl by himself and will never sign any legitimate free agents to help him. The old Kraft strategy. Still can't believe the Pats let Welker walk
Packers don't need free agents they need Strength & Conditioning and Nutrition Coaches that have their high school diploma.

LJ11

Bortles from UCF is getting talked up now as a top 5 pick by one of the ESPN guys. No idea. All I have seen was that highlight throw

Watched one full game, and parts of another, full game was against Rutgers. Looked great against Rutgers. BigAT gave his input as well when I brought him up during the Thursday night game.

Not enough to judge, but if he's been playing like that all year, it explains why he's getting talked up and why UCF is doing very well.

Big kid who can move like that, man oh man.

squicken

Really interested in checking him out, LJ. Love seeing guys from non-powers that aren't surrounded by NFL talent raise a program. Surest sign of a legit guy, as long as he passes the minimum SATS

Pats average 10 more points a game with Gronk in the lineup. Brady's numbers are way up too. Anyone dogging Fatford should look at Brady and make the sames jokes. Think about that scoop Gronk had off the turf last week. Could even Jimmy Graham do that?

Really interested in checking him out, LJ. Love seeing guys from non-powers that aren't surrounded by NFL talent raise a program. Surest sign of a legit guy, as long as he passes the minimum SATS

Pats average 10 more points a game with Gronk in the lineup. Brady's numbers are way up too. Anyone dogging Fatford should look at Brady and make the sames jokes. Think about that scoop Gronk had off the turf last week. Could even Jimmy Graham do that?

my take from this is that brady sucks, of course I might be a bit biased

I've been saying for the last couple of days I hope Bortles comes out, he's been in that system for a couple years. Maybe 4 years? I honestly don't know if he'll come out, but I'm hoping for it. Fales is probably gonna start getting talked back up as a top Qb too.

squicken

Gronk's a fucking freak. The worst part is that the guy can seriously run block.

Yep. It let's them run spread while also being a power run team when they want to. Simplifies reads and tamps down the more exotic pressures. I don't doubt Brady's greatness, obviously, but it really helps the genius quotient when the guy you want to throw to gets open

I've said it before but if Gronk can stay healthy he could be the best TE ever. He already had the best season for a TE in his 2nd year and he' only 24.

jakncoke

Banned
I cant believe Heavy could be right. Has he even been in this thread during the season? I feel as if he stopped posting everywhere after the I got laid thread.

LJ11

Yep. It let's them run spread while also being a power run team when they want to. Simplifies reads and tamps down the more exotic pressures. I don't doubt Brady's greatness, obviously, but it really helps the genius quotient when the guy you want to throw to gets open

Or when you put guys in the right match up.

Was thinking about this the other day, Vereen's return was talked about a lot, guessing mostly because of FF, bu can you imagine a Harvin or Austin on that team? They put guys in the right spot. Look at Danny Woodhead, got serious mileage out of him. He's not some shit player, but he's no Harvin/Austin etc.

Really use their players effectively, look to exploit weakness. I know this sounds like nonsense or no-brainers but when you look at what some teams do in this league....

Top Bottom