• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

LOL at that last line. Also:

Compare that to Wilson, whose fourth-quarter QB rating is 93 and whose QB rating while losing is 94. Like Montana, Wilson is cool under pressure.

Holy shit I knew Wilson was good in the 4th quarter but not this good. That QBR while behind is insane.

Coldplay, you are not allowed to root for Argentina in the World Cup.

You're rooting for your old pal Germany.

Maaaaaaaann...Get out of here. I agree that you shouldn't root for Argentina. because Messi is a little cunt, but damn, even rooting for Argentina is better than Germany.

Also, if anybody here decides to root for Spain again (Looking at you Kave), I will fly over to your house, shit on your doorstep, wait till you come outside and step in it and then I well set your house on fire (Unless there are small children and/or animals inside, I'm no monster.).

Eat shit, Spain!
ninjakick2cnzy5.gif

And no rooting for Portugal either, yes Ronaldo is the best player in the world, but remember that everybody in that broke little country is a cunt.

MRSA

Banned
You know what's worse than a Canadian Bungles fan? A Euro dumpster diving hipster that adores the Pats just because its the in thing to do on the wrong side of the pond while discussing pointless soccer.

Milchjon

Right. But associating him with soccer is just... cruel.

He posted something like Go Argentina in the WC thread. He had to be corrected.

Maaaaaaaann...Get out of here. I agree that you shouldn't root for Argentina. because Messi is a little cunt, but damn, even rooting for Argentina is better than Germany.

Also, if anybody here decides to root for Spain again (Looking at you Kave), I will fly over to your house, shit on your doorstep, wait till you come outside and step in it and then I well set your house on fire (Unless there are small children and/or animals inside, I'm no monster.).

Eat shit, Spain!
ninjakick2cnzy5.gif

And no rooting for Portugal either, yes Ronaldo is the best player in the world, but remember that everybody in that broke little country is a cunt.

Hmm, I have no problem with the Dutchies and wouldn't mind them winning against anyone that's not us, but if you're gonna be a dick about it...

Also, holy crap, 38% of our matches have been ties. Soccer is such a shitshow.

Hmm, I have no problem with the Dutchies and wouldn't mind them winning against anyone that's not us, but if you're gonna be a dick about it...

Also, holy crap, 38% of our matches have been ties. Soccer is such a shitshow.

You hit me right where it hurts.

Just like that German goalkeeper that tried to murder the best Dutch Soccer player and bald role model Arjen Robben.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
today I learned that Wilson is a mix of Montana and Young

Blackace

The Steve Young comparison isn't new, but throwing Montana in there too I haven't heard before.

Steve Young was about 3 inches taller than Russ tho..

But I guess it isn't too much of a stretch

Coldplay, you are not allowed to root for Argentina in the World Cup.

You're rooting for your old pal Germany.

Why is there soccer in a football thread?

Because Coldplay is a horrible person and I wanted to tell him somewhere where he could actually see it.

Coldplay is a horrible person for being a Bungles fan and a Canadian

Right. But associating him with soccer is just... cruel.

You know what's worse than a Canadian Bungles fan? A Euro dumpster diving hipster that adores the Pats just because its the in thing to do on the wrong side of the pond while discussing pointless soccer.

He posted something like Go Argentina in the WC thread. He had to be corrected.

i3Jj1tdUcCckv.gif

Trasher

To start, I don't think Wilson is bad. Do I think he's great though? No, but he may very well end up being great. Still too early to tell imo. With all of his hype since the MNF game you would think he plays on both sides of the ball at every position though. I think he is getting far too much credit for all of his team's wins. I know most people praise their defense a lot already, but they should be praising Wilson less and their defense even more.

It almost feels like a repeat of the 9ers team from last year. Amazing defense and an unproven QB. Yet because it's a QB focused league, all of the praise and media is focused on the QB. To be fair though, Wilson seems much better than Kap (sorry FMT). Wilson's true test will come down the road when their defense starts to decay. It's much harder winning football games when you don't have the best defense in the league keeping the opposing team's score under 10 points.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
To start, I don't think Wilson is bad. Do I think he's great though? No, but he may very well end up being great. Still too early to tell imo. With all of his hype since the MNF game you would think he plays on both sides of the ball at every position though. I think he is getting far too much credit for all of his team's wins. I know most people praise their defense a lot already, but they should be praising Wilson less and their defense even more.

It almost feels like a repeat of the 9ers team from last year. Amazing defense and an unproven QB. Yet because it's a QB focused league, all of the praise and media is focused on the QB. To be fair though, Wilson seems much better than Kap (sorry FMT). Wilson's true test will come down the road when their defense starts to decay. It's much harder winning football games when you don't have the best defense in the league keeping the opposing team's score under 10 points.
I invite you to look over the past two years quarter by quarter. You'll find that your assessment isn't well founded.

Trasher

I invite you to look over the past two years quarter by quarter.

And I see a defense holding teams to under 20 points pretty much every game. Looks like the Seattle D does most of the heavy lifting to me. Easy games for a game manager to win with Marshawn Lynch in your backfield.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
And I see a defense holding teams to under 20 points pretty much every game. Looks like the Seattle D does most of the heavy lifting to me. Easy games for a game manager to win with Marshawn Lynch in your backfield.
Code:
	1 	2 	3 	4 	OT
SEA 	0 	0 	7 	21 	0
ATL 	10 	10 	7 	3 	0
What happened in the second half there? Wilson.

We're also second in points scored per game and I think either first or second in explosive plays per game, up there with the Eagles. All this despite having a banged up offensive line for half the season. Similarly, Wilson is high in passer rating as well as yards per attempt. He's not just dinking and dunking, he puts up chunk yards and tied Peyton Manning's rookie pass TD record.

Blackace

Wouldn't they point out all of his short comings like they did when Trent was the QB for the Ravens?

The Seahawks D is ruthless, and has been for the last two seasons. But when they stumbled he stepped up..

But it is more than fair to say he isn't a great. Few QBs you could say that about in their second year. Almost none.. Maybe Marino only..

Blackace

Yeah, Young and Montana's teams (the greats he was compared with) were some pretty bad teams eh...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Is Wilson there quite yet? Nah, and I'm sure he himself would be first to agree, but there isn't anyone else in the league I'd rather have at this point.

Trasher

Code:
	1 	2 	3 	4 	OT
SEA 	0 	0 	7 	21 	0
ATL 	10 	10 	7 	3 	0
What happened in the second half there? Wilson.

We're also second in points scored per game and I think either first or second in explosive plays per game, up there with the Eagles. All this despite having a banged up offensive line for half the season.

lol ok

All I'm saying is that the Seattle D has allowed on average 14.3 points per game over the last two seasons. They are winning most of the games for their team. Wilson's doing a good job managing them. Is he capable of making a great play every now and then? Of course. Most QBs in the NFL can too.

I just checked to see how well Seattle has fared in games (over the past two seasons) where they allowed 21 points or more (including playoffs). They are 3-4 in those games. That's pretty damn amazing that they've only allowed their opponents to score 21+ points 7 times over the course of 30 games. I'd love to be QB for that team.

Wouldn't they point out all of his short comings like they did when Trent was the QB for the Ravens?

The Seahawks D is ruthless, and has been for the last two seasons. But when they stumbled he stepped up..

But it is more than fair to say he isn't a great. Few QBs you could say that about in their second year. Almost none.. Maybe Marino only..
I'm not saying he won't be great. I just don't think there's enough games of him yet to declare that statement already.

Yeah, Young and Montana's teams (the greats he was compared with) were some pretty bad teams eh...
Why are you bringing up Young and Montana? I wasn't comparing Wilson to them. I was just saying the Seattle D is pretty damn amazing and that Wilson is getting extra praise thanks to them.

Is Wilson there quite yet? Nah, and I'm sure he himself would be first to agree, but there isn't anyone else in the league I'd rather have at this point.
That's a completely fair statement. I just think he needs to be tested a lot still in order to be considered great/elite.

Blackace

I'm not saying he won't be great. I just don't think there's enough games of him yet to declare that statement already.

very few people have.. but when you are playing well from year 1 you are always going to get compared to greats.

Why are you bringing up Young and Montana? I wasn't comparing Wilson to them. I was just saying the Seattle D is pretty damn amazing and that Wilson is getting extra praise thanks to them.

because that comparison started the conversation?

Trasher

very few people have.. but when you are playing well from year 1 you are always going to get compared to greats.

Definitely true. His record is pretty damn amazing so far. Can't argue that. I just think a lot of that record is in thanks to his defense. The performances they put up each week make playing the QB position a very comfortable one.

I wasn't touching on that part though. Sorry to deviate.

Blackace

Definitely true. His record is pretty damn amazing so far. Can't argue that. I just think a lot of that record is in thanks to his defense. The performances they put up each week make playing the QB position a very comfortable one.

Sure, football is a team game. Many good QBs were made great because of the line or the wideouts.. Having a great D behind you is a huge bonus. But you still have to make the plays. He is completing 65% of his passes and that has nothing to do with the D...

Milchjon

For all of the early-season handwringing over the loss of Wes Welker, Edelman has the "Slot Machine" beat in receptions (70 to 68) and the two are nearly identical in yards (711 to 717) through 12 games.

Dubbed "Minitron" by Brady this week, Edelman has shown the past two weeks why he's a sneaky choice as one of the best athletes in the league.

Teehee

Top Bottom