• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

Trasher

brady.gif

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Even that great Jets D from a couple years back made Sanchize look like a god!
lololol
Sanchez never had a season passer rating above 80, a season completion rate over 60%, or a season YPA over 7.0.

Quite a piddling god, if you ask me.

bionic77

Can't believe how racist the NFL is.

Tomlin was probably only fined and humiliated because he was black. He and Al Sharpton both agree on this one.

White coaches like Pete and Bill get caught cheating all the time and never get punished!

Trasher

Sanchez never had a season passer rating above 80, a season completion rate over 60%, or a season YPA over 7.0.

Quite a piddling god, if you ask me.

Hence the "lololol". You weren't supposed to actually credit that post with a legit response lol.

Milchjon

While we´re at it - did you see this one?

Brought more than a tear to my eyes. I basically grew up with Dr. Z articles, learned a freaking lot about football from him. Its so sad to see him like this, imprisoned to his head.

No, but I'll watch it later.

Alas, I started watching football later, so I don't know the name.

I'm trying to point out how reggie alone does what miller and thomas have done, not that it matters all that much considering this coaching staff didn't know how to use him, but why get rid of a player like that, especially when he loved being here, wanted to stay and could have been have for cheap all things considered. I just hate this damn front office/coaching staff.
You do know Reggie has more All purpose yards then those two right. I seen you pit the stats in a previous post so I'm assuming you thought Reggie only had 826 AP yards

effzee

All these QBs dropping out of the 2014 draft class is the best thing to happen to the Eagles. That means that Nick Foles will have a full season to prove whether he can be a Super Bowl-level QB. And we can go defense in the top part of the draft this off-season. I'd like to see them go S, CB and OLB in the first 3 rounds (although not necessarily in that order). Sign Eric Decker as your #2 wideout and if Howie can make a couple more solid but not splashy free agent signings (a la Barwin or Fletcher) we may have the makings of a legit Super Bowl contender.

And if Foles falls flat on his face next season? Draft Mariota and you immediately put yourself back into contention in 2015.

Yeah Mariota not coming out now really helps the Eagles potentially. Free from the pressures of taking him or any other top QB with Foles playing well, they can continue to work the D which still is the biggest area of need.

My biggest needs going into the off season (and this is very pre mature obviously) are all on the D but we might also need to upgrade the Guard position. Todd Herremans has been suspect.

But Eric Decker? Why? I rather they re sign Maclin on the cheap, which is the only silver lining to his injury, and draft a physical tall WR to replace Avant.

With how good Foles has looked, I doubt they would have drafted a QB with any sort of high pick in the coming draft anyway.

Lets see how the rest of the season pans out. Foles has far exceeded any expectations I had for him but there are still 4 games left. A playoff push and some big pressure packed moments. So far most teams he has faced have had horrible Ds and the one true big match up we would have had against the Packers offense turned out to be a dud since Rodgers was out.

Arizona's D forced him into some terrible decisions even if he didn't throw picks. Still a good performance. 3 TDs and a win. But there is something about their 2nd half performances that they as a team need to work on. If Foles plays just as well to finish off the season then yes no drafting a QB until maybe the super late rounds.

squicken

A good defense can get you to the show, but you need a good QB to make plays for you...unless you were the Ravens with Trent Dilfer. That's the only time!

Sanchez made several big throws for the Jets the two years they had their playoff runs. Of course no one is arguing Sanchez is better than Wilson, but you are right. It's easier to play QB with the net of a great defense and run game. SEA also forces lots of turnovers and has great ST/starting field position

effzee

Give Sanchez a coach and gm that don't have the stink of Bill Parcells and he will be great.

I know you are trolling but I actually do believe Sanchez can be decent if given a better supporting cast and a coach who actually cares about offense.

Rex might have been loyal to him but he did absolutely nothing to help him out with weapons or finding guys to develop him. And then they run him into a game in the pre season against 3rd stringers to get hurt. Dude was done dirty by the Jets. He could probably go somewhere and work as a back up and maybe re gain confidence. Jets destroyed him.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
can we flex a better game in tonight? Is it too late? I don't even want to watch my team, why should anyone else be subjected to them.

squicken

Rex might have been loyal to him but he did absolutely nothing to help him out with weapons or finding guys to develop him. And then they run him into a game in the pre season against 3rd stringers to get hurt. Dude was done dirty by the Jets. He could probably go somewhere and work as a back up and maybe re gain confidence. Jets destroyed him.

Sanchez has so many other issues besides needing better players. They kept telling him to live for another day and throw it away but he just kept holding the ball and fumbling, or throwing it up for INTs. It's one thing to be a gunslinger and another to just not understand what is happening on a football field

Wallace says he worked better with Arians than Haley.

“It was a different scheme,” Wallace said. “Our scheme with (former offensive coordinator Bruce Arians) was a lot more vertical than Coach Haley, and obviously that was my strength. My numbers were a little bit better with B.A.”
Wallace had 31 targets of 20 yards or farther under Haley last season. The year before under Arians, he had 27, but the production was better. Wallace caught nine passes, including five touchdowns, of 20 yards or longer two years ago under Arians. Last season, he caught five passes over that distance.

Bowser

Interesting stat on the Panthers D:

The Panthers have allowed a league-low 13.1 points per game this season, which has been bolstered by the 12.4 points allowed per game during their win streak.

This season the Panthers have allowed a touchdown on only 32.1 percent of opponent’s red zone drives (27.8 percent during the streak). Not only is that best in the NFL this season, it’s the best percentage since the league expanded to 32 teams in 2002.

Opponents have reached the red zone 28 times against the Panthers, with nine of those drives ending in touchdowns. The Panthers have held their opponents scoreless on a trip to the red zone seven times.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/79556/everything-working-for-panthers

Think he'll get a pretty High draft grade, think he's the guy I want most for the browns right now. And pretty sure he's on the browns radar.
All indications point to UCF redshirt junior QB Blake Bortles submitting paperwork to the NFL Draft Advisory Board, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
Keep in mind this does not mean Bortles is declaring for the draft, but he likely wants to gauge where his current draft projection is. The Draft Advisory Board is usually fairly tame with their projections, however, we wouldn;t be surprised if Bortles earns an early grade. He will earn a "poor man's" Andrew Luck comparison, thanks to similar pocket movement and vision.

I like Wilson. From what I have seen from him he has the potential to be great. Him and Andrew Luck seem like the most solid QBs amongst the new class. Kind of jealous, wish the Broncos had drafted Wilson for once Manning retires, but they'd have drafted Weeden, which tells you all you need to know about that...

Sometimes the crappy matchup games end up being super exciting. Either a comedy of errors or a shootout. I still remember back in staffords 2nd year i think browns and lions played and ot ended up like 38-35 with an epic finish. One of the most interesting games that whole season

Wes

venison crêpe
Think he'll get a pretty High draft grade, think he's the guy I want most for the browns right now. And pretty sure he's on the browns radar.

I don't know who I want any more. Probably Carr, but I think he goes before we pick. We might have to double dip. Get a guy in round 2/3 and another late on. Urgh.

Bowser

Read this earlier. While I completely agree that Newton definitely needs to be more consistent with his footwork (which affects his accuracy and always leads to 3-4 WTF throws per game), I think his pocket awareness is pretty good and I disagree with Benoit in that it seems like he thinks Newton isn't good at reading the field. I thought it was a bit disingenuous for him to pick an example from Week 1 about his ability to read the field (against a great D and with a new OC and QB coach's system to implement).

Newton's gotten progressively better at reading the field as the season has gone on and as he's gotten more comfortable with Shula's playcalling and his own ability to audible and directly contribute to the offensive gameplan (I'm reminded of this great article by FO comparing Kap and Cam and their ability to go through their progressions: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2013/film-room-kaepernick-newton).

The breakdown between static and hybrid defenses was really interesting though. Definitely the next step in Newton's growth is being able to decipher disguised pre-snap coverages as those definitely give him the most trouble. But I would think in general those types of coverages are the ones that give most QBs in the league the most trouble.

edit: guy in the comments section made an even better argument than I did.

Trey

Code:
	1 	2 	3 	4 	OT
SEA 	0 	0 	7 	21 	0
ATL 	10 	10 	7 	3 	0
What happened in the second half there? Wilson.

We're also second in points scored per game and I think either first or second in explosive plays per game, up there with the Eagles. All this despite having a banged up offensive line for half the season. Similarly, Wilson is high in passer rating as well as yards per attempt. He's not just dinking and dunking, he puts up chunk yards and tied Peyton Manning's rookie pass TD record.

The only thing that could happen in that situation is an offense waking up. SEA defense also halved the amount of points they gave up in the second half.

"Explosive" plays per game says just as much about the defenses played as it does about your offense, but I didn't know that SEA was up there in PPG. A high YPA is a positive sign as well.

cashman

Banned
Code:
	1 	2 	3 	4 	OT
SEA 	0 	0 	7 	21 	0
ATL 	10 	10 	7 	3 	0
What happened in the second half there? Wilson.

We're also second in points scored per game and I think either first or second in explosive plays per game, up there with the Eagles. All this despite having a banged up offensive line for half the season. Similarly, Wilson is high in passer rating as well as yards per attempt. He's not just dinking and dunking, he puts up chunk yards and tied Peyton Manning's rookie pass TD record.

what happened in the first half though?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You started this whole spiral into hell. Its all on you Kave!

This is why you deserve Schaub.

Yes it's my fault your team has lost whatever many games in a row despite the fact you didn't decide to blame me until week 10.

Looking forward to Schaub signing on for one more year and getting "one more chance" to prove himself and "compete" with Keenum for starter as Kubiak watches on with his nice extension.

Top Bottom