• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

rando14

FOX Sports: NFL ‏@NFLonFOX 4m
The current longest winning streak in the AFC: The Jacksonville Jaguars.

Not even kidding.

I'm happy for Gata.

Edit:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 54s
Complete reversal RT @ChronBrianSmith: Kubiak said #Texans will consider starting Matt Schaub remainder of season. "Unbelievable pro."

Oh my God.
Hahaha

arab

Somewhere in a restaurant in Kansas City before the season, Andy Reid conjured some sort of hex using the leftover bones from his bucket of chicken and traded places with Houston.

dead-laughing-o.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I just saw that Kubiak quote. I'm done with the Texans till he is gone and Schoob.

I honestly can't believe this shit.

squicken

I thought Houston should want to win to see if Keenum was a starter, but Kubes put an end to that evaluation. Time for the tank. Kubes and Schoob. Sadly they will keep Rick, who can't draft for shit

squicken

Texans have 8 games w/o forcing a turnover. They give up more than the league average in points almost every week. Another loss by 7 or less. It's really an amazing feat of crap. Luckily they have to win 2 of their final 3 to move out from the top pick. That won't happen

cdyhybrid

Pete Carroll ‏@PeteCarroll 1m
Congrats to Gus and his guys! Jaguars now have the longest current winning streak in the AFC at 3 games!

Pete supports his coaching tree!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Texans last 17 games ... 3-14 LOL

what is coaching?

Texans have 8 games w/o forcing a turnover. They give up more than the league average in points almost every week. Another loss by 7 or less. It's really an amazing feat of crap. Luckily they have to win 2 of their final 3 to move out from the top pick. That won't happen

damn how did it go so wrong for them? i know about schoob and the errors but their defense has turned to absolute shit as well. just baffling to me considering they have a solid roster

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 54s
Complete reversal RT @ChronBrianSmith: Kubiak said #Texans will consider starting Matt Schaub remainder of season. "Unbelievable pro."

Oh my God.
I don't even know what to say. Is he trying to get the #1 pick now? Does that mean Case's career is dead? Oh god... what if we don't draft a QB?

squicken

damn how did it go so wrong for them? i know about schoob and the errors but their defense has turned to absolute shit as well. just baffling to me considering they have a solid roster

Head coach is awful as I have said for 5 years. Talent isn't as good as national perception

They don't have a good defense. Either in talent or scheme. Besides Watt, there isn't a player who is more than average. Many are not even replacement level

Offense has lots of injuries. Foster is out. Duane Brown is really banged up. Right side of their line awful. Can't consistently protect and Tate isn't that good of a RB. If he were, and with Foster out, the Texans wouldn't let him go in FA, which they will

squicken

The Texans are like Lucy with the football. Just always egging on the fans to take a kick, even though they know she's gonna pull the ball at the last moment.

The thing with the Rams; no alarms and no surprises

Dre3001

Great game tonight by the Jags

If Gus Bradley can win games with Henne as Qb and the absolute lack of talent on this roster than that says a lot about him.

Jags dont look like they are going for the #1 pick but in a deep QB draft there should still be someone available.

squicken

Don't show this post to Norv Turner nor Del Rio

E: lol squicken being a titan fan. We're last in his fav list

Bud is dead. My hate died with him. Never had any beef with the fans and now it's just any other team. I wish the NFL would do something about the AFCS. I know it's up to the teams to win, but there's just no rivalries there

My sourdough starter is finally ready!

IMAG0209.jpg

Still didn't get the crumb I want. Need to try a higher hydration dough and get a baking stone

The ultimate goal:

IMAG0210.jpg

Doorman

Great game tonight by the Jags

If Gus Bradley can win games with Henne as Qb and the absolute lack of talent on this roster than that says a lot about him.

Jags dont look like they are going for the #1 pick but in a deep QB draft there should still be someone available.

Bu-bu-but they already have Denard Robinson on the roster!

Vyer

Kubiak has his shitty head coaching ability covered up by someone who plays at a high enough level to make his old school NFL ground game offensive schemes work - 2010 Arian Foster. Unfortunately Foster has to deal with a few injuries and the team manages to lose 50% of what was considered one of the better OLines (but more importantly a line that had meshed well and had the zone blocking scheme down pat). So now Kubiak has to rely more on his passing game...

Now instead of a game manager the Texans need a real playmaking QB. Which means it's Shoob time! Schaub, who was at least an above average game manager (and more than that for one season in 2009), also gets hit with several major injuries and an increasingly worse OLine and inconsistent run game. Whatever few things he did well around 2009-2010 haven't really been seen since.

And then there's the defense. Which went from absolutely completely godawful to godlike when Wade came in and brought Watt, Manning, and a good J Joseph with him to join a healthy (and overtraining) Cushing, Mario Williams, Demeco Ryans and Glover Quinn. The defense was so good it helped to make up for the holes that were starting to show up on the offensive side of the ball. Unfortunately look at how many of those names I just mentioned no longer exist on the Texans anymore (in that same capacity anyway: JJ has fallen off, Cushing is never healthy, etc.)

Basically the bandaids that were trying to keep the leaking ship together fell off.

Top Bottom