• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

Narag

Peter King says the Steelers will have a draft pick taken away only if the Ravens miss the playoffs by four points. I thought the entire Tomlin controversy was ridiculous, but I want this to happen now because it'd be absolutely hilarious. Points are the eighth tiebreaker in the wild card race.

That seems like a really nice compromise.

Peter King says the Steelers will have a draft pick taken away only if the Ravens miss the playoffs by four points. I thought the entire Tomlin controversy was ridiculous, but I want this to happen now because it'd be absolutely hilarious. Points are the eighth tiebreaker in the wild card race.

Which is absurd, Sal Alosi's yearly tripping clinic for the Jets didn't cost them any draft picks. Furthermore, the league doesn't seem to care when their incompetent refs cost teams playoff seedings or spots. Which, when you get right down to it, Tomlin's Toe Tap was another example of the league's officials simply not doing their jobs properly. But hey, it makes for better headlines and more "story" if the league looks tough and comes down on one it's coaches.

Which is absurd, Sal Alosi's yearly tripping clinic for the Jets didn't cost them any draft picks. Furthermore, the league doesn't seem to care when their incompetent refs cost teams playoff seedings or spots. Which, when you get right down to it, Tomlin's Toe Tap was another example of the league's officials simply not doing their jobs properly. But hey, it makes for better headlines and more "story" if the league looks tough and comes down on one it's coaches.

the refs are handed out grades and can be affected by bad grades. what The Puppet did should be punished and punished harshly!

rando14

Was that the contributing factor to his DUI?

Inebriated
(Today, 06:33 PM)

i9w7QO7vM5o5M.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Watching the Dark knight Risrs again, love the opening scene.

Beautiful on blu ray

I just watched that part on HBO. No one can question Nolan's cinematography during his action sequences. The action part of the action sequences are another matter.

squicken

LZ worth a follow on Texans coaching search. Gruden will want control of personnel and supposedly covets and SEC East job. Lovie will want some say on personnel too

LZ worth a follow on Texans coaching search. Gruden will want control of personnel and supposedly covets and SEC East job. Lovie will want some say on personnel too
Gotta see who else gets fired first. If the Giants fire Coughlin, remote but possible, I can see Houston going after him.

the refs are handed out grades and can be affected by bad grades. what The Puppet did should be punished and punished harshly!

Tomlin should have been flagged during the game. Refs should have then decided if it was an extra 15 yards tacked on the return or an awarding of 6 points. And then they should have fined and/or suspended Tomlin. Easy, simple, end of story.

And big fucking deal about the refs and their poor grades, that's a load of horseshit.

rando14

Lol all that profanity laced smack-talk is what drew me in here.

Oh yeah...and Football.

Chan Huk ‏@chanhuk1 4 Dec
@TBBucs4Life @Anthony_JNC so you're Gata now? Bitch you live in the slums of North Carolina.

@realjakncoke get a job you bum

@Anthony_JNC @TBBucs4Life Canadians are better than inbred North Carolinians, especially poor ones

Chan Huk ‏@chanhuk1 3 Dec
@TBBucs4Life you're a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

best twitter ever

Tomlin should have been flagged during the game. Refs should have then decided if it was an extra 15 yards tacked on the return or an awarding of 6 points. And then they should have fined and/or suspended Tomlin. Easy, simple, end of story.

And big fucking deal about the refs and their poor grades, that's a load of horseshit.

calm down motherfucker let me troll you and steelers-age i fucking hate the refs and their brees-protecting ways!

squicken

I would rather have fat Patriots DC.

I hope you're happy Jacksonville!

My money is on Lovie. Thought of him immediately when Bob was talking about defensive coaches doing better in the NFL. He has to be kept away from the offense, but how do you sell that as a condition for employment? Some sort of firewalled team?

I'd rather have O'Brien. Pedo State was in shambles and he restored it. Took two mediocre talents at QB and got something out of them. Had his team a lot better prepared than some teams with more talent. PSU has a ceiling, and I can't see him staying for long

Konka

Banned
now that my deal with mech can't happen, lets make a promise to each other to meet in this years superbowl as #6 seeds! then may the best team win!

Yeah you should be more worried about the Eagles as we hold the tiebreaker over the 49rs should it come down to the wildcard for us.

Dallas does as well.

NFC East for ya.

MechDX

http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/1...fired-what-texans-owner-bob-mcnair-had-to-say

(on if not sticking with QB Case Keenum being one of the key contributors to this decision) "No, the whole key is what is in the best interest of the organization. And, Case has had his ups and downs and we think that he needs to be given the opportunity and he will be given the opportunity now, but there were a lot of other things that happened. 14 penalties – that is not the difference between Case and Matt playing or making a change. Things like that are just totally unacceptable."

I need to interject here. I watched the press conference live, and there was some real hesitation from McNair before and during his answer to this question. Hesitation to the point that I was left thinking that Kubes' decision to bench Case Keenum in favor of Matt Schaub last night was the final straw for McNair. Not that I believe McNair would have fired Kubiak if the Texans had won last night, but I do wonder if McNair and Kubiak had talked about the need for Keenum to play for the rest of the season (especially after Kubiak pulled Keenum for Schaub a few weeks ago against the Raiders at Reliant Stadium, much to the chagrin of the fans in the stands) and whether it was made clear to Kubiak that McNair wanted Keenum to get the reps. This is all speculation, but if something like that happened, McNair may well have decided Kubiak forced his hand.

It was such a stupid move to put Schaub back in to begin with.

Drakeon

Yeah you should be more worried about the Eagles as we hold the tiebreaker over the 49rs should it come down to the wildcard for us.

Dallas does as well.

NFC East for ya.

Uh, Eagles are 7-5, Niners are 8-4.

Are you just assuming we lose to the Seahawks?

Top Bottom