• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Bitch I will slap you.

roombacati8b6r.gif

KaYotiX

Banned
Mech, buy Mario 3d world as soon as you can. Best Wii U game :) Enjoy the console. I love it just for the 1st party games like all Nintendo consoles.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Texans at Jaguars

OSN’s Lock Of The Week: Jaguars – Following a disappointing 27-20 loss, Texans owner Bob McNair will reassure fans that Coach Kubiak is an integral part of the Texans’ plans for the future.

Lions at Eagles

OSN’s Pick: Lions – With both Detroit and Philadelphia possessing respectable records and aiming for a playoff berth, it’s clear that we’ve entered some kind of ethereal second reality in which nothing can be trusted.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/onion-sports-nfl-week-14-picks,34765/

I fucking love the Onion's "weekly picks"

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
If Crabtree wasn't playing I wouldn't be all that worried. Boldin is too slow to do anything against Sherman and none of their other WR's scare me. We kept dropping LB's deep into coverage and put a safety over Graham to prevent him from doing much, which would probably work against Davis. I was surprised how well we did against screens/drop offs against the Saints since it was a LB 1on1 against Sproles/Thomas most of the time.
I have zero concerns about the 49ers O vs Seahawks D matchup. We've been in total control there for the past three outings. It's Seahawks O vs 49ers D that interests me. I have full confidence that we'll do well, but if we don't it'll likely be there.

squicken, a few weeks ago you were saying that you'd ditch the Rams if Walton wasn't fired, but now Schotty too? You should probably just abandon ship now before it's too late.

can't find the link but wow our 2012 draft class sucked balls. lost in all the excitement over the RG3 trade we managed to get a solid DT, a kicker that was amazing for like 7 weeks, and a possibly okay corner. and that's only because other teams drafted TRichardson and AJ Jenkins first.

haven't followed CFB or scouting much but they better fucking draft a WR in the first round and not some midget that needs great (or even above average) offensive coaching or some late round scrub that they talk up and then accomplishes nothing. I don't understand why Jake Matthews gets mocked to us when we're not ditching Long after one season and Barksdale has earned his starting job.

all the excitement this team built from our wins against Indy and the Bears has been completely deflated though and now we just look like a shit teams that overvalues mediocre players because they're better than the guys we used to have. the hype train to a possible "break out" season got derailed before it even started.

squicken, a few weeks ago you were saying that you'd ditch the Rams if Walton wasn't fired, but now Schotty too? You should probably just abandon ship now before it's too late.

can't find the link but wow our 2012 draft class sucked balls. lost in all the excitement over the RG3 trade we managed to get a solid DT, a kicker that was amazing for like 7 weeks, and a possibly okay corner. and that's only because other teams drafted TRichardson and AJ Jenkins first.

haven't followed CFB or scouting much but they better fucking draft a WR in the first round and not some midget that needs great (or even above average) offensive coaching or some late round scrub that they talk up and then accomplishes nothing. I don't understand why Jake Matthews gets mocked to us when we're not ditching Long after one season and Barksdale has earned his starting job.

all the excitement this team built from our wins against Indy and the Bears has been completely deflated though and now we just look like a shit teams that overvalues mediocre players because they're better than the guys we used to have. the hype train to a possible "break out" season got derailed before it even started.

Well we probably have a tackle mocked to us because our perpetually shitty line let our "franchise" QB get injured for the remainder of the year. Barksdale hasn't earned shit. The epitome of overevaluated talent and the definition of "good...for a Rams player" along with Long, Laurinaitis, Jenkins, Zeurlein, Bradford and all of our other shitty players

Hammer24

Banned
Sooo.... what´s the over/under on Jon Gruden immediately flying down to the Lone Star State, to start circling the Texans facility?

squicken

s

I was willing to give Schotty a bit of a break, but reading up on his work with the Jets, and how Pettine, Sutton, Revis and Cromartie thought he was awful, was enough for me. He has to go. Same with Walton.

Not only are the Rams behind SF and SEA, they are falling further behind. They bungled the RG3 trade. Just wasted so many picks on meh or shit players. Now AZ is looking like they've got a clearly better offensive and defensive coaching staff. Rams have to be bold. Steady as she goes this offseason is ceding any hope

what would be in your top ten? I liked tangled btw.

List changes all the time, but the top 3 are pretty much set.

1) Aladdin
2) Emperor's New Groove
3) Beauty and the Beast
4) The Little Mermaid
5) Tangled
6) Frozen
7) Mulan
8) Hercules
9) Lion King
10) Hunchback of Notre Dame

Of course stuff like Tarzan, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella are on the Fringe. The top 10 switch up a lot too

1) Aladdin
2) Emperor's New Groove
3) Beauty and the Beast
4) The Little Mermaid
5) Tangled
6) Frozen
7) Mulan
8) Hercules
9) Lion King

Of course stuff like Tarzan, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella are on the Fringe. The top 10 switch up a lot too

Damn Lion King is way too low lol, It's easily number 1 for me, if fact I just bought tickets to go watch the play later this month, Aladdin would follow then in no particular order:

Hunchback,
Rescuers down under,
A Goofy movie
Tangled
Robin hood

outside of those either I haven't seen the movies (which is a lot) or I just don't care for them.

Damn Lion King is way too low lol, It's easily number 1 for me, if fact I just bought tickets to go watch the play later this month, Aladdin would follow then in no particular order:

Hunchback,
Rescuers down under,
A Goofy movie
Tangled
Robin hood

outside of those either I haven't seen the movies (which is a lot) or I just don't care for them.

Yeah, I know I might get slack for Lion King, but it's still top 10. I love Lion King 1 1/2 with Timon and Pumba. So funny. The Festival of the Lion King show at WDW is amazing.

Oh and Goofy Movie is rad, love me some Powerline.

Yeah, I know I might get slack for Lion King, but it's still top 10. I love Lion King 1 1/2 with Timon and Pumba. So funny. The Festival of the Lion King show at WDW is amazing.

Oh and Goofy Movie is rad, love me some Powerline.

well top ten is still good lol, I haven't seen any of the sequels to the lion king but I hear 1 1/2 is the best, I should watch it soon.

I have zero concerns about the 49ers O vs Seahawks D matchup. We've been in total control there for the past three outings. It's Seahawks O vs 49ers D that interests me. I have full confidence that we'll do well, but if we don't it'll likely be there.

We've always done well running against the 49er's and Wilson just destroyed the 3rd ranked pass defense.

Oh god that last pic in the OP. Hope mods don't close it.

Seahawks RCB Brandon Browner recently turned down an offer from the NFL to reduce his suspension from one year to early next October.
Browner must be awfully sure of himself. Currently, Browner faces a suspension that would extend through December of 2014. Had he accepted the offer, Browner would've been eligible to play after the first month or so of the 2014 regular season. Also playing a role in Browner's decision is his impending free agency, which would be far less valuable when facing a suspension. Browner's ban is for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

squicken

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/stor...roethlisberger-rises-ron-jaworski-qb-rankings

Squicken, can you tell me what JAws says about Ben in this? Im curious.

He has Ben as his 5th best QB, which is cool, until you realize Flacco is 6th and Wilson is 10

The ranking is definitely not pegged to the Steelers' disappointing record. But Big Ben has kept them in playoff contention. Over the last three games, Roethlisberger has posted QBR scores of 81.0 (versus the Lions), 76.2 (Browns) and 79.7 (Ravens), respectively. He was also pick-free in all three games. The higher standing is also in relation to some other QBs who aren't matching their usual standards of excellence. And Roethlisberger's previous performance across his full body of work certainly warrants a high ranking.

effzee

I still don't quite understand why Konka was banned.

Yeah I mean I read the thread and its so obvious that some posters just turn everything into a "YOU OFFENDED ME" ban bait. He used "dumb" and they tried to equate that to using "faggot". In what world are they even in the same sphere of derogatory terms?

Or maybe he got banned for just creating the thread? Or defending the word?

Whatever the case it makes no sense.

Fucking Eagles fans need to just stick in this thread. Was Yankeehater perma banned?

How long is Konka out for?

:jnc

Didn't take long for Eagles fans to get cocky again after week 1!

I was just answering the question you asked about the Seahawks-Niners this weekend.

I am not cocky until we are in for sure. I still think we don't make it unless AROD comes back and beats the Cowboys next week. Cause we are dropping at least one game from now until the final game against the Cowboys.

jakncoke

Banned
Yeah I mean I read the thread and its so obvious that some posters just turn everything into a "YOU OFFENDED ME" ban bait. He used "dumb" and they tried to equate that to using "faggot". In what world are they even in the same sphere of derogatory terms?

Or maybe he got banned for just creating the thread? Or defending the word?

Whatever the case it makes no sense.

Fucking Eagles fans need to just stick in this thread. Was Yankeehater perma banned?

How long is Konka out for?

I was just answering the question you asked about the Seahawks-Niners this weekend.

I am not cocky until we are in for sure. I still think we don't make it unless AROD comes back and beats the Cowboys next week. Cause we are dropping at least one game from now until the final game against the Cowboys.

Most bans on GAF never really made sense. It does really annoy me that there is a underground of known posters that are allowed to stay on GAF that sole purpose is to get faux outrage and white knight every social issue to try and get as many banned as possible.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

1) Aladdin
2) Emperor's New Groove
3) Beauty and the Beast
4) The Little Mermaid
5) Tangled
6) Frozen
7) Mulan
8) Hercules
9) Lion King

Decent list, missing Lilo and Stitch though....

1. Emperors New Groove
2. Sword and the Stone
3. Lilo and Stitch
4. Mulan
5. Hercules

Sleeping Beauty and Tangled are in my top 10 also....

For some reason I tend to favor the ones without a "princess"....probably because I can do without the love story bits!

Most bans on GAF never really made sense. It does really annoy me that there is a underground of known posters that are allowed to stay on GAF that sole purpose is to get faux outrage and white knight every social issue to try and get as many banned as possible.

That's why you shouldn't post outside community! Gaming side is safe if you don't have a strong opinion on anything....then again PC is my platform of choice!

gutshot

It's really not that hard to avoid being banned. I don't know why people act like posting any where but one of the community threads is a death sentence.

njean777

It's really not that hard to avoid being banned. I don't know why people act like posting any where but one of the community threads is a death sentence.

I personally stay away from Posting in OT as much as possible because if the bans. Gaming and community are fine, but OT can be like a minefield sometimes.

He has Ben as his 5th best QB, which is cool, until you realize Flacco is 6th and Wilson is 10

I don't really give a shit about the placing, I just wanted to see his reasoning. Ben's been really dialed in the past few weeks. O line was playing beautifully - too bad that's over. :(

Narag

"deaf and dumb" is now offensive and bannable?!?!?!

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I better stop reading classic literature, who knows what sort of unintentionally hateful phrases will creep into my vocabulary.

It's too late for me

I think the doubling down and lack of contrition is what got him more than anything.

Top Bottom